ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Official Meltdown Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=339950)

mnchiefsguy 09-26-2021 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 15856712)
Snead's penalty was one of the worst I've ever seen. That ball was at least ten feet over the receiver's head at the exact moment Snead hit him, and it landed ten yards past them. Nobody on earth could have caught that pass

You are not supposed to call pass interference if the ball is uncatchable...but still you gotta pull up and not put the hit on there...can't assume the ref will be smart enough to actual know the rules.

Gary Cooper 09-26-2021 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 15856723)
our defense is so bad teams aren't afraid to go for it. Probably going to need a complete overhaul of our defense in the off season

Honestly, in hindsight I was thinking it was a good decision because we may get a penalty. It's exactly what happened.

Rainbarrel 09-26-2021 02:42 PM

Can't be a Phoenix until scorched and plucked. That bee ute I full plumage can now sprout! Not worried

keg in kc 09-26-2021 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 15856688)
That defense is being beat like a drum, so yeah I'm gonna have to disagree

The Chiefs offense has 500 yards, probably doubles up the Chargers in yards, if they don't turn the ball over 3 times in the first half. It's a double-digit win, easy.

I don't remember the exact stats, but IIRC the defense, despite being on the field nearly the entire first half, only gave up 150ish yards before halftime. They're undoubtedly gassed at the end because the offense keeps shitting itself on the field so much

ThaVirus 09-26-2021 02:43 PM

Quote:

Snead's penalty was one of the worst I've ever seen. That ball was at least ten feet over the receiver's head at the exact moment Snead hit him, and it landed ten yards past them. Nobody on earth could have caught that pass

It was also just a terrible play by Sneed. He's gotta know he can't do that, specifically at that moment.

Sneed has been horrible this year.

keg in kc 09-26-2021 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 15856744)
You are not supposed to call pass interference if the ball is uncatchable...but still you gotta pull up and not put the hit on there...can't assume the ref will be smart enough to actual know the rules.

Actually agree with that. There's no chance at a flag if he doesn't hit him. Still a ****ing horrible call

Bowser 09-26-2021 02:45 PM

Quote:

100%

And yes, I know they never call a penalty on hail mary attempts, but Tyreek was being absolutely date raped on that play compared to what went on during the Sneed play.

King_Chief_Fan 09-26-2021 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15856697)
He fumbled again...

once...Mahomes threw INTs that resulted in Charger points....and he is paid 1/2 billion.
If he keeps this up, Chiefs should ask for some money 💰 nack😁

mr. tegu 09-26-2021 02:46 PM

Official Meltdown Thread

The blueprint can officially be distributed. On defense, play safeties 20 yards deep, double Kelce and/or Hill, and make the Chiefs drive the field. We are too sloppy to do it consistently and don’t have any other playmakers to make them pay. Mahomes is feeling the pressure and not staying composed in the pocket or with his decision making. On offense, if it’s any question just go for forth downs. You will be successful.

dlphg9 09-26-2021 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 15856493)
Mahomes shares blame here too. Quit trying to play hero. Punt and get to overtime. This is not a very focussed team and they do not play good complementary football…
Big uphill climb. No easy games on the schedule and Chiefs get everybody’s best shot.

Punt the ball so that they have it 15 yards back from where they started and just score with a little less time on the clock. It's like you're braindead

JPH83 09-26-2021 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 15856760)
It was also just a terrible play by Sneed. He's gotta know he can't do that, specifically at that moment.

Sneed has been horrible this year.

He has hasn't he. He's been asked to step up and has been exposed. If he doesn't pan out I'm struggling to think of a single pick Veach has had as GM that's been an unqualified success.

Mecca 09-26-2021 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPH83 (Post 15856809)
He has hasn't he. He's been asked to step up and has been exposed. If he doesn't pan out I'm struggling to think of a single pick Veach has had as GM that's been an unqualified success.

Veaches drafts are becoming a real problem as we need cheap guys to be good players...

Shiver Me Timbers 09-26-2021 02:55 PM

I feared the season would not start well when they named the Field GEHA

The Franchise 09-26-2021 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers (Post 15856826)
I feared the season would not start well when they named the Field GEHA

Yeah because that’s what it is.

****ing stupid.

JPH83 09-26-2021 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 15856779)
The blueprint can officially be distributed. On defense, play safeties 20 yards deep, double Kelce and/or Hill, and make the Chiefs drive the field. We are too sloppy to do it consistently and don’t have any other playmakers to make them pay. Mahomes is feeling the pressure and not staying composed in the pocket or with his decision making. On offense, if it’s any question just go for forth downs. You will be successful.

The worrying thing is Baltimore showed you could beat us by running down our throats, Chargers showed you could win by doing as you say. Obviously some cross-over but it feels like there's variations on how we can lose. On offence teams can basically do anything - run, pass, doesn't matter. On defence they just eliminate the big plays and invite us to run.