ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs 53 Man Roster Prediction (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=323539)

oldman 08-21-2019 09:51 AM

Do we have to designate IR players before or after the cuts? What about IR-Return? You might see Lovett on that list instead of trying to sneak him through waivers.

Mecca 08-21-2019 09:54 AM

For Ragland or DOD to get cut and I think DOD could, there would have to be a LB trade because we have very poor depth there.

The only real sign I guess between the receivers is Pringle goes in earlier and leaves and then Thompson plays with the real scrubs at the end.

DJ's left nut 08-21-2019 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14403525)
Pretty much.

Always looking forward though and developing, if you think Pringle can develop into a legit outside guy, that's probably worth more value than a slot guy.

Conventional wisdom says that's the case. I'm not sure that means dick anymore; the slot guy is arguably more important in any motion offense than the #2 Wide (our X).

And what have you seen from Pringle to suggest he can 'develop into a legit outside guy'? I don't mean someone you use in a pinch, but an actual starting caliber WR you're going to use over Hardman at the X. Because that's what you're talking about here long-term.

I don't think he managed to distinguish himself from Kemp and if he did it was in a negative fashion. Would you have said "well we need to keep Kemp to see if he can develop into a legit outside guy..."

Kemp is YOUNGER than Byron Pringle, gents. By a fair amount - almost 2 years. Pringle will turn 26 in November; he's Sammy Watkins' age.

Mayhaps we should stop talking about all the untapped potential of the overaged WR 'prospect' who's done little to showcase himself. If he can help you right now, so be it. If he's more useful to the 2019 Chiefs than Thompson - keep him. But you don't go looking down the road on guys like this; there's an infinitely greater chance that he's Fred Williams than Victor Cruz.

O.city 08-21-2019 09:59 AM

I haven't seen anything with him, just saying if they have. I'd keep Thompson and would have kept Kemp just so I could have had something to argue with staylor about during down times of the season.

RunKC 08-21-2019 09:59 AM

I think Andy wants to take a more methodical approach at times. Pat even mentioned going deep too often and missing easy plays.

Have to think Andy reviewed the tape and saw that there were tons of opportunities in the intermediate area (10-15 yards) due to teams putting 3 safeties on the field to limit the big play.

Cody Thompson is a nice slot option, and that’s all we need from him right now. Thompson brings above average lateral speed and excellent route running to the table. We didn’t have that from Robinson, Conley, Kemp, Dieter or Benjamin last year.

Tom Brady does that all the time. He kills teams in the intermediate. Pat doing that will make him even more dangerous

Mecca 08-21-2019 10:04 AM

Lets be real it's not like Pringle or Thompson will ever play, that could just come down to who's more valuable on specials.

They'll probably put DAT on offense before either of those guys gets a run.

oldman 08-21-2019 10:04 AM

I think you keep DOD for coverage packages. I see Attaochu was left off the list. Why couldn't you move him to MLB? He's almost the same size as Ragland and let someone else call the defense. I'm just tired of seeing Reg whiff, bounce off people, and generally be lost in coverage.

gonefishin53 08-21-2019 10:05 AM

Robinson does't have the speed for the perimeter or the route running for the slot. He's Chris Conley without the deep speed which explains why he's produced 10.4 receiving yards/game as a Chief compared to Conley's 23.3 yards/game. But he can't be cut because we might lose that 10.4 yards/game of production.

DJ's left nut 08-21-2019 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 14403556)
I think you keep DOD for coverage packages. I see Attaochu was left off the list. Why couldn't you move him to MLB? He's almost the same size as Ragland and let someone else call the defense. I'm just tired of seeing Reg whiff, bounce off people, and generally be lost in coverage.

Because it ain't Madden football.

Attaochu is something of a converted DE who plays Sam in primarily rush capacity. If seeing Ragland in space is something that bothers you (it should) then I suspect you won't care for seeing Attaouchu out there either.

He's very possibly the least likely Mike we have among the LB options. Even if you took Ragland out, I suspect that Wilson, Lee and maybe even DoD would be better.

oldman 08-21-2019 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14403545)

I don't think he managed to distinguish himself from Kemp and if he did it was in a negative fashion. Would you have said "well we need to keep Kemp to see if he can develop into a legit outside guy..."

Kemp is YOUNGER than Byron Pringle, gents. By a fair amount - almost 2 years. Pringle will turn 26 in November; he's Sammy Watkins' age.

I agree, but Kemp is out for the season. So the choice, right now, comes down to Thompson or Pringle. Is Pringle more valuable on ST? Maybe, but I never have understood why there's so much love for him except he's a K-Stater.

Mecca 08-21-2019 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 14403565)
I agree, but Kemp is out for the season. So the choice, right now, comes down to Thompson or Pringle. Is Pringle more valuable on ST? Maybe, but I never have understood why there's so much love for him except he's a K-Stater.

He actually did perform really well last preseason.

oldman 08-21-2019 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14403563)
Because it ain't Madden football.

Attaochu is something of a converted DE who plays Sam in primarily rush capacity. If seeing Ragland in space is something that bothers you (it should) then I suspect you won't care for seeing Attaouchu out there either.

He's very possibly the least likely Mike we have among the LB options. Even if you took Ragland out, I suspect that Wilson, Lee and maybe even DoD would be better.

I guess I just haven't seen enough of Attaochu to give up on him. I'm in the ABR (anybody but Ragland) crowd.

Mecca 08-21-2019 10:16 AM

Attouchu will probably make the roster but as a situational backup.

DJ's left nut 08-21-2019 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 14403565)

Sure - but Kemp was A#1 on most people's chopping blocks despite having a better NFL track record, a more successful camp and actually being 2 years younger than Pringle.

Meanwhile people are trying to justify keeping Pringle because of his 'potential'.

I'm aware that Kemp's not longer a realistic possibility - my point is to draw the contrast between the two players. One guy gets kicked every chance possible and the other guy people are bending over backwards to try to keep.

DJ's left nut 08-21-2019 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 14403568)
I guess I just haven't seen enough of Attaochu to give up on him. I'm in the ABR (anybody but Ragland) crowd.

I'd keep him as well, but if I'm just doing anything I can to get Ragland off the field, I'm keeping Niemann and then shifting Hitchens to Mike and starting Lee at the Will.

And if I lost Hitchens, I'd shift Lee to the Mike and consider Niemann at Will (or even DoD). And if that didn't work, I'd play more Nickel sets with 2 backers and have Lee/Wilson out there (alongside Hitchens if healthy or as a duo if he isn't).

There are a half dozen or more options I'd explore before Attaochu at Mike, including street free agents. That's not to say he can't be useful, but he's only slightly more likely to succeed at MLB than Kpassagnon would be. It ain't a great idea.