ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Super Bowl Ratings Hit 10-Year Low (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321112)

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-05-2019 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 14091304)
Funny stuff!

Thank you! I'll be here all eternity!

Matrix 02-05-2019 08:01 AM

The NFL has been pissing off their bread and butter (Midwest and the South i.e. the blue collar regions) lately. Not exactly a winning formula.

T-post Tom 02-05-2019 08:04 AM

L.A. market had lower TV rating for Super Bowl than country as a whole
But, highest LA rating since 1996. Relative success NFL?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ry-as-a-whole/

GloryDayz 02-05-2019 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 14091380)

LMAO

That's wonderful...

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-05-2019 08:21 AM

Quote:

Why are you trying to make me piss my pants laughing in the early AM sir? :)

Matrix 02-05-2019 08:31 AM

Quote:

USC and Lakers town. Uh oh, will the insecure NFL move them again ?

Frazod 02-05-2019 09:03 AM

They're going to have to give tickets away to fill that new stadium. LMAO

GloryDayz 02-05-2019 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14091464)

That's going to be funny... Especially in the years where they struggle.. The good news, like NOLA's dome, they can always use it for other things.

Raiderhater 02-05-2019 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14091161)
The Bud Light commercials are ****ing stupid.

They do this big, "Don't be a douchey hipster and act like you're too good for Bud Light! Craft beer snobs are the worst amirite?!??!!!"

Then they put their Super Bowl commercials up, and guess what they're ALL about: the OTHER "people's beer" companies aren't high quality and use corn syrup!!! So get some higher standards and drink Bud Light!!!!

Those idiotic ****s can't have it both ways.

I never drank Bud Light in the past, but now I'm going to drink MORE craft beers just to ****ing spite them. I'm going to go to every small town bar I can find that only has domestics, and then act appalled, "What... you don't even have Fat Tire?!?! That's like... such a widely distributed beer! I'll just have water instead, thank you very much!"

I completely agree, I cannot stand those idiotic commercials. However, killing off the Bud Knight by having his head crushed because it turns out that they were doing a dual promo with Game of Thrones was a very big exception in my book. I was standing there watching it unfold and wondering just where in the hell are they going with this commercial and then the dragon appears and the GoT theme starts playing and it was like "Oh, shit! They actually killed him off!"

Frazod 02-05-2019 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14091490)
That's going to be funny... Especially in the years where they struggle.. The good news, like NOLA's dome, they can always use it for other things.

Like housing the homeless. :D

GloryDayz 02-05-2019 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14091527)
Like housing the homeless. :D

I think they prefer to call them micro-housing, but yes... And with SoCal's weather; fires, mud slides, quakes, and typhus winds, they might need it..

Frazod 02-05-2019 09:57 AM

The promotional opportunities are practically endless.

Free Syringe Day

Bonus EBT Card Day

Halftime On Field Shopping Cart Derby

Random Rows Receive Free Delousing

GloryDayz 02-05-2019 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14091578)
The promotional opportunities are practically endless.

Free Syringe Day

Bonus EBT Card Day

Halftime On Field Shopping Cart Derby

Random Rows Receive Free Delousing

But wait, once the homeless have entered the building, deem it to be their home, will the football team(s) be able to play if the field is full of tents they can't move because of the rights of others?

BlackOp 02-05-2019 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14091464)

"It’s just about unheard of, not only for the Super Bowl but for any sporting event, for the market of one of the two teams in the game to get a lower rating than the country as a whole."

"The NFL badly wants to see interest in football increase in Los Angeles, because it’s the second-biggest market in America. Los Angeles has 5.3 million television households while St. Louis has 1.2 million."

Looks like Goodell's master plan of building a $25 billion annual empire isn't going exactly as planned....lowest rated SB in a decade.

That's what they get for thinking everyone was too stupid to notice the outright rigging of games...especially the Chargers/Rams/Patriots.

Now he has brought serious attention to the officiating...they arent going to be able to fix games like they have in the past. Even the most homer of fans is starting to realize there is something off.

GloryDayz 02-05-2019 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 14091792)
"It’s just about unheard of, not only for the Super Bowl but for any sporting event, for the market of one of the two teams in the game to get a lower rating than the country as a whole."

"The NFL badly wants to see interest in football increase in Los Angeles, because it’s the second-biggest market in America. Los Angeles has 5.3 million television households while St. Louis has 1.2 million."

Looks like Goodell's master plan of building a $25 billion annual empire isn't going exactly as planned....lowest rated SB in a decade.

That's what they get for thinking everyone was too stupid to notice the outright rigging of games...especially the Chargers/Rams/Patriots.

Now he has brought serious attention to the officiating...they arent going to be able to fix games like they have in the past. Even the most homer of fans is starting to realize there is something off.

What makes you think the officials won't still be able to influence outcomes of games? As long as there are fans who are committed to defending the league's officials for ticky-tack calls, swallowed whistles, or making calls when situationally convenient for the league's desired outcome (but not when it's not [conveniently swallowing their whistle]), why would you think Roger can't keep doing it?