ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet Perception of the Chiefs outside of KC among football fans. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320549)

suzzer99 01-17-2019 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 14048648)
My wife would go to the grocery store on game day, just because it was empty.

I had to work at Macaroni Grill during the Super Bowl one year. I think we got 2 tables the entire time.

Frazod 01-17-2019 06:59 PM

Chicago:

I got a lot more comments from Bears fans before they knocked off by the Eagles. I think now they're just quietly bitter, which frankly I can relate to. As a fan base of an NFC team that has been generally absent from the playoffs in recent years, they don't seem to harbor the deep-seeded hatred towards the Cheatriots that people in AFC cities have. My prominently displayed Chiefs gear is generally ignored.

The people in my office mostly hope the Chiefs win this weekend, except for Bronco Girl, who is spitefully rooting for New England. I told her she's like iced coffee - cold and bitter. :)

Discuss Thrower 01-17-2019 07:00 PM

Had people stopping me in Vegas the weekend of the Jags game to talk about how good Mahomes is while I was wearing a Montana jersey.

It was a nicely odd experience.

Marcellus 01-17-2019 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 14048486)
It's not as fun as it sounds. Like look at this idiot. Where the hell did Ravens culture get wrapped up in French Quarter Louisiana somehow

https://cdn-s3.si.com/s3fs-public/si.../016465439.jpg

edit: it's an epidemic. And I don't understand the stuffed animals. WTF.

https://russellstreetreport.com/wp-c...ravensfans.jpg

This is a goddamn good question.

RocKhawks 01-17-2019 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14048583)
Lived in Henrietta and spent many a Sunday at The Distillery gorging on wings for 3+ hours.

Not to Hijack the thread, but they do have good wings, I live in Greece, so I visit that Distillery often!

My username is after the Rochester Knighthawks (Indoor Pro Lacrosse Team).

TinyEvel 01-17-2019 07:09 PM

There are a few Chiefs fans here in San Francisco. Lots of people know about our team as Montana and then Alex Smith went to KC, people kept tabs a little. I just found out there’s a pretty huge Chiefs bar in the South side of Downtown. I’m flying to the game Saturday, out of Oakland. I plan to be Chiefed-up and expect nothing but respect.

wheeler08 01-17-2019 07:21 PM

From southern Indiana to now Northwest Indiana, there are a lot of die hard Chiefs fans here. Where I used to live a guy had his entire basement looking like the chiefs locker room. It was awesome. Now living up northwest I drive around in my work truck with a Chiefs license plate and I’ve had several people come up to me during the summer that said they were from KC at some point and they couldn’t wait to see what the kid could do. Then I had a bad experience at a local brewery and sent them an email. My email has to do with chiefs, he emailed me back and told me to come back in. Wife and I went in one night and he ended up being a huge Chiefs fan and we still keep in touch through email!

Lot of Colts fans have told me throughout the year how amazing they though Mahomes was.

jimidollar 01-17-2019 07:39 PM

Weird thing to me is that down here in south Texas, most of the comments come from women when I wear my Chiefs gear. Most dudes are Cowboys or Texans fans. They don't want to admit that Mahomes is great. A bunch of jealous ****s I guess.

displacedinMN 01-17-2019 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 14048715)
There are a few Chiefs fans here in San Francisco. Lots of people know about our team as Montana and then Alex Smith went to KC, people kept tabs a little. I just found out there’s a pretty huge Chiefs bar in the South side of Downtown. I’m flying to the game Saturday, out of Oakland. I plan to be Chiefed-up and expect nothing but respect.

Go to the GOCAR place in downtown SF. See if they still have my Chiefs pullover from the summer. I left it in a car. :cuss: But we had a great season without it.

(if we win) I will buy a shit load of clothes with SB on it.

RunKC 01-17-2019 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14048275)
Lived in Rochester during the Pioli years. It's a bottom of the barrel feeling to be shown sympathy and pity by ****ing Bills fans.

I’d say the pendulum has swung quite a bit to our side since the Mahomes trade.

It’s all good now.

Chief Pagan 01-17-2019 08:29 PM

The 49ers fans in my office are envious of Mahomes and want KC to win.

The Faiders fans in my office won't talk football with me anymore.

eDave 01-17-2019 08:49 PM

I saw/see more Chiefs gear being worn here the Cards gear. And it's brand new. :)

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-17-2019 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 14048894)
I saw/see more Chiefs gear being worn here the Cards gear. And it's brand new. :)

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Mama Hip Rockets 01-17-2019 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14048265)
Vikings fans just bitch about their own team. You say, “I’m a Chiefs fan,” and they go, “That’s nice. ****ing Kirk Cousins swindled us! I hate him!”

ROFL

kccrow 01-17-2019 09:40 PM

I'm a rare breed in my neck of the woods. It's all NFC North all the time (and primarily Green Bay). You basically get a "yeah the Chiefs look really good this year and have a shot," but that's about all you're going to get.