ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Science How was your 2018? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319997)

Iowanian 12-31-2018 11:55 PM

I've decided 2019 is going to be my selfish year. I'm pulling back from some things that only deliver stress. I'm done coaching little league. I'm backing off volunteer time. I'm helping people who I can count on and I'm putting more time into doing my projects and things that benefit my own people....my wife doesn't believe me.

Yesterday a friend from a distance that I've had for a long time messaged and needed me to help move her disabled mother. I ducked out of my own family event to go do that....too many things that aren't my problem, become my problem.

Maybe I'll find time to fish in my pond, burn wood and have some beers beside my new bad ass -kid can't fall into it- fire pit. Maybe I'll have time to hunt turkeys once, or take my bow off of the wall and climb in a tree in 2019.

Nickhead 01-01-2019 12:02 AM

I can't vote...

my year was a tale of two different halves.

but... since pat came into my life, i have found a really good job and am getting back on my feet :D :thumb:

Buehler445 01-01-2019 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 14000409)
I've decided 2019 is going to be my selfish year. I'm pulling back from some things that only deliver stress. I'm done coaching little league. I'm backing off volunteer time. I'm helping people who I can count on and I'm putting more time into doing my projects and things that benefit my own people....my wife doesn't believe me.

Yesterday a friend from a distance that I've had for a long time messaged and needed me to help move her disabled mother. I ducked out of my own family event to go do that....too many things that aren't my problem, become my problem.

Maybe I'll find time to fish in my pond, burn wood and have some beers beside my new bad ass -kid can't fall into it- fire pit. Maybe I'll have time to hunt turkeys once, or take my bow off of the wall and climb in a tree in 2019.

I pulled a similar maneuver in 2017.

I didn’t so much pull out a bunch of rec time, but I quit some volunteer things and became much more cognizant of where my time was going and making sure it was allocated as best I could to value added activities. And yes, there is value in climbing a tree with a bow.

Rasputin 01-01-2019 08:48 AM

Ten years ago I was homeless hopeless and helpless.

Now I'm living it up life to the fullest and am loved. Never been this happy in my grownup life.

I do have issues living with COPD ****ing sucks but I don't let it stop me its like Chiefs defense but I still scores 50 td and 5000 yards passing. I'm determined to have my best fishing year and not get killed in the water kayaking. Life is fun.

Rasputin 01-01-2019 08:57 AM

I owe all of my success to growing out my beard.

Nzoner 01-01-2019 10:27 AM

I chose #4,wife's health continued to decline,favorite Aunt diagnosed with cancer,lost a good friendship of 10+ years,lost a dog......

Still nowhere near as sad as some of the replies I've read here and to those of you I pray that 2019 will be a 10.

Rasputin 01-01-2019 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 14000669)
I chose #4,wife's health continued to decline,favorite Aunt diagnosed with cancer,lost a good friendship of 10+ years,lost a dog......

Still nowhere near as sad as some of the replies I've read here and to those of you I pray that 2019 will be a 10.

My goal this year is to finally make it to a Chiefs bash.

Nzoner 01-01-2019 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 14001127)
My goal this year is to finally make it to a Chiefs bash.

My goal is to have one :D

ChiTown 01-01-2019 03:08 PM

I’ll just say ALL THE BEST to everyone here at CP in 2019. Life is full of ups and downs. Health is the greatest gift of all, while everything else is really small potatoes.

To those of you suffering, or have loved ones that are sufffering, God Bless you! We are all Family here. That’s the one thing I have always loved about this place. We may have our differences from time to time, but I think you can generally count on this place when times are tough.

Inspector 01-01-2019 03:48 PM

Awesome year.

Added headcount. Up to 7 grandkids and 1 great grandkid.

Amendment 2.

Mahomes.

And only 2 funerals this year. (Old people go to a lot of funerals.)

Discuss Thrower 01-01-2019 04:26 PM

It sucked to the point pulling a Belcher in the TSC parking lot would be a blessing.

jimidollar 01-01-2019 04:35 PM

Mine was Even Steven just like most years. No great highs, but no deep low points either.

eDave 01-01-2019 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 14000576)
Ten years ago I was homeless hopeless and helpless.

Now I'm living it up life to the fullest and am loved. Never been this happy in my grownup life.

I do have issues living with COPD ****ing sucks but I don't let it stop me its like Chiefs defense but I still scores 50 td and 5000 yards passing. I'm determined to have my best fishing year and not get killed in the water kayaking. Life is fun.

I must spread some rep before giving anymore.

GREAT story man. Great story.

38yrsfan 01-01-2019 06:48 PM

My family is all basically healthy and live close by so I get to see them regularly.
New grandson doing well.
Didn't need the homeowners insurance or AAA all year, no tickets or accidents.

A good year.

Rasputin 01-01-2019 10:44 PM

Getting a Rain Man rep to start out the new year is a good feeling I already got more rep from Rain Man this year than all of last year. Thanks Rain Man buddy.