ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto Mechanics/SAUTO I need some advice (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316740)

cooper barrett 12-01-2018 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13925033)
To swap you have to get all of the glycol based fluid out number one. And they recommend replacement of all hoses before switching. And THEN if any moisture gets in the system it could either freeze and make the brakes not work or BOIL at 212 degrees IIRC and cause a loss of brakes.

Silicon fluid cannot freeze as the max amount of moisture it can absorb is marginal vs. glycol based fluids which absorb up to 6% (.06) water and therefore have the ability to freeze and to boil as water does freeze at 32F and boil at 212F.

Quote:

Silicone fluids absorb a tiny amount of moisture (on the order of 280 parts per million, or .0028%) and then absorb no more.
Silicon fluid will not freeze and boils at 500F but if you do not install the fluid in a clean, dry system (freshly rebuilt, or free of debris and water) than the free water can freeze or boil but not the brake fluid.

I never have seen that all rubber parts need to be replaced but the system must be clean and dry. IMHO, If you don't already have SS braided hoses you should install them.

A clean dry system with synthetic fluid DOT 5 in US or 5.1 in Europe should never need attention other than fluid level checks.

SAUTO 12-01-2018 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13925143)
Silicon fluid cannot freeze as the max amount of moisture it can absorb is marginal vs. glycol based fluids which absorb up to 6% (.06) water and therefore have the ability to freeze and to boil as water does freeze at 32F and boil at 212F.

Silicon fluid will not freeze and boils at 500F but if you do not install the fluid in a clean, dry system (freshly rebuilt, or free of debris and water) than the free water can freeze or boil but not the brake fluid.

I never have seen that all rubber parts need to be replaced but the system must be clean and dry. IMHO, If you don't already have SS braided hoses you should install them.

A clean dry system with synthetic fluid DOT 5 in US or 5.1 in Europe should never need attention other than fluid level checks.

Since any moisture will not mix with the fluid the moisture freezes not the fluid.

And moisture will still get in there but that's just glossing over the bigger issue...

IT'S NOT TO BE USED IN AN ABS SYSTEM...

cooper barrett 12-01-2018 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13925094)
Who said anything about 40 mph?

Honestly I should ban you from anything auto related on this forum forever. The advice you gave in this thread was WAY WRONG and potentially dangerous to people

If you have ABS brakes then you should see the "do not use in vehicles with ABS brakes." Warning on the bottle and in the owners manual.

I should have made a disclaimer but it says on the bottle "Do not use in ABS-equipped braking systems. Does not mix with DOT 3, DOT 4, or DOT 5.1 fluids."

I was explaining that it is the fluid which becomes corrosive and why. I never suggested that anyone do this, but on my cars without ABS they are all on DOT 5 synthetic fluid as does my Kawasaki (and my bicycle) because of the fact that most cars brake fluid has absorbed so much water and formed contaminants which cause the brakes to fail.

I never suggested or implied that doing a fluid change to synthetic fluid would fix his truck. I explained why seals, o-rings, cups, lines and housing fail due to moisture and contaminates in the fluid causing problems like he is experiencing. Brake parts are made from steel and water caused a chemical reaction we all known as rust...

You let me know about that wheel bearing causing a brake petal to go to the floor. Maybe it's "Radial" tire pull.

SAUTO 12-01-2018 12:03 PM

I explained how a wheel bearing could make a brake peDal go to the floor, I've posted articles explaining radial tire pull to you.

And you definitely implied that people should change their fluid over. Otherwise you never would have mentioned it when 90 percent of these people have a vehicle with abs

You didn't KNOW it's not for use in abs vehicles.

In other words... it's time to shut the **** up

cooper barrett 12-01-2018 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13925150)
Since any moisture will not mix with the fluid the moisture freezes not the fluid.

And moisture will still get in there but that's just glossing over the bigger issue...

IT'S NOT TO BE USED IN AN ABS SYSTEM...

Brake systems are a closed system that once converted to synthetic fluid never needs to be opened. The only way water gets in is by failure to prepare a clean dry system in the first place or by physical damage causing a leak.

Needless to say, failure to flush brake systems, with non synthetic fluid, often and early is the cause for the majority of hydraulic issues in brake systems.

cooper barrett 12-01-2018 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13925304)
I explained how a wheel bearing could make a brake peDal go to the floor, I've posted articles explaining radial tire pull to you. A wheel bearing will not, I REPEAT NOT, cause a brake petal to drop to the floor because it is not wobbling when sitting still...When moving I can see a horrid brake pulsation but still don't see the petal dropping to the floor.

And you definitely implied that people should change their fluid over. Otherwise you never would have mentioned it when 90 percent of these people have a vehicle with abs

You didn't KNOW it's not for use in abs vehicles. Ya you keep telling yourself that...

In other words... it's time to shut the **** up

I keep forgetting your the best wrench you have ever met.

SAUTO 12-01-2018 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13925333)
I keep forgetting your the best wrench you have ever met.

Wait, wait? So a brake peDAl (seems like you're not sure how to even spell it) can't go to the floor while driving. Again no one said it was while sitting still. And I've personally SEEN exactly what I described.

You can argue all you want but you're still going to be 100 percent wrong here.

SAUTO 12-01-2018 12:26 PM

I don't get why you are so stuck throwing in "sitting still" which was never brought up. And I realize he didn't say moving either. Which is why I said it could be a master cylinder, abs pump OR wheel bearing (which I thought of since I know he replaced them fairly recently and have seen issues like I described)

That's all part of trying to give the guy some direction on where to go from where he's at.

You are NOT trying to help in his issue at all.

Don Corlemahomes 12-01-2018 12:27 PM

Cooper, what do you do for a living? Just curious.

SAUTO 12-01-2018 12:29 PM

https://www.freeasestudyguides.com/b...ngy-pedal.html

Here you dumb ****. From the ASE study guide.

Now PLEASE stop giving people bad and sometimes DANGEROUS advice on this forum.

Fish 12-01-2018 12:32 PM

Nobody should ever listen to cooper doucher about anything. His posts are shit. All of them. He even ****s up the nudey threads.

Sassy Squatch 12-01-2018 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13925361)
https://www.freeasestudyguides.com/b...ngy-pedal.html

Here you dumb ****. From the ASE study guide.

Now PLEASE stop giving people bad and sometimes DANGEROUS advice on this forum.

LMAO Anyone who takes advice from cooper barrett deserves what happens.

Bugeater 12-01-2018 12:40 PM

I don't believe too many people even pay attention to anything he says. I know I sure the hell don't.

stumppy 12-01-2018 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cunning Linguist (Post 13925357)
Cooper, what do you do for a living? Just curious.

From what I can tell he's a brain surgeon, rocket scientist, part time nascar mechanic............................in his spare time.

cooper barrett 12-01-2018 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13925344)
Wait, wait? So a brake peDAl (seems like you're not sure how to even spell it) can't go to the floor while driving. Again no one said it was while sitting still. And I've personally SEEN exactly what I described.

You can argue all you want but you're still going to be 100 percent wrong here.

Not caused by a wheel bearing....