ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Demarcus Robinson, a superstar in the making? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316730)

BossChief 08-11-2018 07:09 AM

Percy Harvin

Deberg_1990 08-11-2018 07:38 AM

500 yards receiving tops. Unless someone gets hurts. Just too many options on the team for him to get a huge amount of targets.

Pablo 08-11-2018 07:52 AM

Before we added Sammy I was expecting him to come out and compete and win the #2 spot. He looks like a guy that could really contribute and have a hell of a year, or a very solid one at least. It's pretty obvious Pat will get the ball to whoever is open, and he seems to work his way open a ton.

BossChief 08-11-2018 10:05 AM

I wonder if Veach will try to trade a WR for a CB or an OL before the year starts.

We have a ton of WR talent that will end up getting cut and lots of teams need WR talent.

Maybe some of those teams in need have good prospects we can use at CB or OL.

I’d trade Conley or Robinson for a good LG right now.

NJChiefsFan 08-11-2018 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13670373)
I wonder if Veach will try to trade a WR for a CB or an OL before the year starts.

We have a ton of WR talent that will end up getting cut and lots of teams need WR talent.

I'd be willing to give up some depth at WR if it meant getting equivalent talent back at CB or OL. Reality is though that those trades really don't happen in the NFL. Would be a very likely NHL or MLB trade though.

RunKC 08-11-2018 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13670373)

Absolutely do not trade Robinson. Mahomes is a first year starter and we need to give him every option to succeed. We will also be running empty sets with 5 receivers a ton of the time.

If Watkins or Hill get hurt, Robinson is perfect insurance. In fact, you might be able to sign Robinson to a solid deal in 2 years when we have to choose between Hill/Watkins. When we lose one of those 2, it would be nice to still have Robinson here on a somewhat friendly deal.

NJChiefsFan 08-11-2018 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13670377)
Absolutely do not trade Robinson. Mahomes is a first year starter and we need to give him every option to succeed. We will also be running empty sets with 5 receivers a ton of the time.

If Watkins or Hill get hurt, Robinson is perfect insurance. In fact, you might be able to sign Robinson to a solid deal in 2 years when we have to choose between Hill/Watkins. When we lose one of those 2, it would be nice to still have Robinson here on a somewhat friendly deal.

I agree and also don't think a trade like that is ever likely to happen. That being said, fixing the OL would also be giving Mahomes every chance to succeed.

Beef Supreme 08-11-2018 10:16 AM

We better hope he can block a defensive lineman and then get open for a pass, because ain't nobody throwing deep with their ass on the ground.

Couch-Potato 08-11-2018 10:26 AM

lolololololoololololololololololololololololololoolololololololo...

TEX 08-11-2018 12:17 PM

Robinson seems to shine against JAG types or when games are meaningless. Ive seen him drop way too many when KC really needed it. He has talent, so maybe he puts it together enough to contribute on a consistent basis. Id settle for that.

TEX 08-11-2018 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13670377)

Great take! Exactly the case.

Sassy Squatch 08-11-2018 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 13670485)
Robinson seems to shine against JAG types or when games are meaningless. Ive seen him drop way too many when KC really needed it. He has talent, so maybe he puts it together enough to contribute on a consistent basis. Id settle for that.

Yeah, he was utterly worthless in the playoff game against the Titans.

oldman 08-11-2018 12:26 PM

I think this might be DRob's year. I had high hopes for Conley, but he may have injured himself out of a job. I still think Dieter winds up on the 53, too.

SAUTO 08-11-2018 12:28 PM

How many drops has he had?

SAUTO 08-11-2018 12:30 PM

39 targets 1 drop

I guess that's just way too many when we really needed it in crunch time :rolleyes