ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Mellinger: Fire Sutton (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=313031)

PAChiefsGuy 01-07-2018 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 13343750)
1 more year? He’s had 5 And 2 epic playoff collapses. How much more do you need to see?

The talent is not there for this defense to be good. If you think getting a new DC is going to magically make this defense a top-10 D you are guys are going to be sadly mistaken.

gold_and_red 01-07-2018 06:19 PM

If we are gutting many older and overpaid players on the D we might as well change the scheme and the DC.
God knows who is going to be injured in 2018, can't be using that excuse for Sutton forever.
CHunt sensing the restless fanbase may force Reid to make a change, but fully expecting nothing to happen because Chiefs.

The Franchise 01-07-2018 06:20 PM

Find a DC that will take Houston and actually use him to rush the passer. Stop giving the WRs 10 yards of cushion. Stop running the nickel so ****ing much.

Ming the Merciless 01-07-2018 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 13343741)
Take away the turnovers (by the players) and tell me how awesome and unpredictable Sutton is.

Tell me how you misutilize one of the best pass rushers in football.

well...his D is about dropping guys into coverage and creating turnovers and mistakes...so yes...without turnovers most defenses suck.

Weve been getting run over....to me thats the biggest problem.

that seems like a personnel issue to me . partially from losing EB....so I dunno..Im saying its REASONABLE to wait 1 more year..

Now, I also agree that it is REASONABLE to want his ass on a platter...for sure...I just dont think its insane or homeriffic to give him one more year to sort it out...thats all

Molitoth 01-07-2018 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 13343758)
The talent is not there for this defense to be good. If you think getting a new DC is going to magically make this defense a top-10 D you are guys are going to be sadly mistaken.

From the same douche who thinks Alex needs more talent around him.

bricks 01-07-2018 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13343215)
He owns 2 of the worst defensive collapses in the history of the playoffs in only 5 years on the job. Get. The. ****. Out.

Yup.

Facts are evidence to support truth. I don't understand how loyalty can outweigh the truth. If that's the case, the finger needs to be pointed at Andy instead of Sutton.

PAChiefsGuy 01-07-2018 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 13343767)
From the same douche who thinks Alex needs more talent around him.

I'm the one who said this defense ead bad along time ago while practically everyone was defending the defense and their 'ppg stat' you dumb mother****er.

We don't have a lot of talent on D. Getting a new DC does not solve that. Even if we do get a new DC better hit on some draft picks and hope Berry stays healthy otherwise the D will more than likely suck again.

Sorry but when you are as bad as this D is it's never just the coach who isn't even out there playing.

Eleazar 01-07-2018 06:33 PM

What’s depressing is that it’s hard to see the defense improving that much next year with another year of age and few draft picks. Scheme is important and Sutton should be fired, but without the personnel there’s only so much you can do.

O.city 01-07-2018 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13343814)
What’s depressing is that it’s hard to see the defense improving that much next year with another year of age and few draft picks. Scheme is important and Sutton should be fired, but without the personnel there’s only so much you can do.

With the personel they've got it shoudln't be one of the worst defenses in the league though.

Probably not a top 5 unit but dead last? Nah.

ping2000 01-07-2018 06:55 PM

Pops showing what kind of cowardly inept shit hole he is. He should have resigned right after the game. **** you Bob.

Discuss Thrower 01-07-2018 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13343853)
With the personel they've got it shoudln't be one of the worst defenses in the league though.

Probably not a top 5 unit but dead last? Nah.

Personnel.. as in Eric Berry, Justin Houston, Chris Jones and Marcus Peters?

Those three guys are good enough to make seven other guys a top 5 unit?

Really?

Ming the Merciless 01-07-2018 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 13343952)

Really?

im thinking you need to practice reading more

Discuss Thrower 01-07-2018 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 13343956)
im thinking you need to practice reading more

Well I don't think you can call a defense that kept opponents under the league average for points scored 56% of the season a bottom-tier unit, but okay.

O.city 01-07-2018 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 13343952)

Really?

Uh, no.

I don't think thats what I typed though so....

Those 4 guys are pretty good cornerstones to build around, and I think Ragland has showed potential to be a 5th guy there. THey need to build around them better.

Discuss Thrower 01-07-2018 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13343972)
Uh, no.

I don't think thats what I typed though so....

Those 4 guys are pretty good cornerstones to build around, and I think Ragland has showed potential to be a 5th guy there. THey need to build around them better.

Q'ing myself here, but yeah, go ahead and fire Sutton but realize the front office has done basically nothing in terms of drafting and developing players since 2013.