ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs NFL Rumors: Mahomes, Watson atop KC's QB wish list (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306510)

arrwheader 03-10-2017 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 12777499)
Following this line of thinking though, the window for competing for a championship is small and a R1 QB would have zero affect this season. I'd love for them to go QB in the first, but they will go ILB, DB, or RB.

I guess I am just saying that it makes sense from a future standpoint. AS has got two years left contract wise. Trade up and draft a guy now to sit for a year just makes sense with the current roster. The positions you listed are needs but maybe they can fill them in later rounds or FA. Keep the window open and still be competitive after AS is gone. This team is pretty young. We got some aging stars but i think our "window" will be around for some time.

New World Order 03-10-2017 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 12777246)
From SportingNews.com:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...j17r8odsobcbca

Now, the writer of this got all of his info in the article from speaking to FO people and scouts at the combine. You can question the validity, but the Chiefs did meet with all of the players mentioned at the combine.

If this report is accurate, the Chiefs could indeed be on the path to Patrick Mahomes or Deshaun Watson holding up their jersey in 7 weeks in Philadelphia.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-_G777JJtwU...-star-trek.gif

raybec 4 03-10-2017 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 12777664)
In his 2nd full year as starter Cousins showed some inexperience. Heaven have mercy. Meanwhile he's averaged 27 TDs, 68% completions, and 4500 yards on the shithole Redskins.

But that's not good enough at QB for Chiefs fan PGM.

27 tds is Cousins average, Alex has never thrown 27 in his career. How could everyone not see Cousins as a MASSIVE upgrade?

arrwheader 03-10-2017 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 12777758)
You mean the regime that has done the same thing regarding the QB position as the previous two regimes?

The current regime got AS sure, but he wasn't matt asshole. We can't compare them to the whole existence of the franchise though. Ill be real, I haven't been around for the entire existence of the franchise but AS brought stability to the team. Maybe the plan all along is get Alex get stability, get competitive, then wait for the right time and grab your future guy.

YayMike 03-10-2017 11:57 AM

Lots of picks to use to get whichever one Andy and Dorsey like best. As I said in another thread, I'm not against using a pick from next year if the QBs go on an early run.

Mother****erJones 03-10-2017 12:00 PM

They were trying to trade up last year for Lynch. I like these QBs better

Mother****erJones 03-10-2017 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12777471)
Where the **** is Pestilence when you need him? I'm sure he'd give a bj-quality review of Kizer right about now.

Kizer is the best QB in this class. He's going to be good if he goes to the right team

rico 03-10-2017 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrwheader (Post 12777799)
The current regime got AS sure, but he wasn't matt asshole. We can't compare them to the whole existence of the franchise though. Ill be real, I haven't been around for the entire existence of the franchise but AS brought stability to the team. Maybe the plan all along is get Alex get stability, get competitive, then wait for the right time and grab your future guy.

Yet another reason to hate Matt Cassel. He has put many of us in a state where we are willing to settle for a guy like Alex Smith. Blech.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-10-2017 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 12777664)
In his 2nd full year as starter Cousins showed some inexperience. Heaven have mercy. Meanwhile he's averaged 27 TDs, 68% completions, and 4500 yards on the shithole Redskins.

But that's not good enough at QB for Chiefs fan PGM.

...yet no team seems to want him. **** your stats. That chode couldn't lead the 94 Niners to a title.

raybec 4 03-10-2017 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12777864)
...yet no team seems to want him. **** your stats. That chode couldn't lead the 94 Niners to a title.

How can you say that no team seems to want him? There's a country mile difference between no team wants him and no one wants to give up two firsts for him.

jd1020 03-10-2017 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12777864)

Kind of hard to want a guy who has been franchise tagged, no?

Pasta Little Brioni 03-10-2017 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 12777867)
How can you say that no team seems to want him? There's a country mile difference between no team wants him and no one wants to give up two firsts for him.

Dude isn't winning anyone a title. Let's find one who can. I'm tired of ither team's castoffs. Isn't this what the board has said for years?

Pasta Little Brioni 03-10-2017 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 12777869)
Kind of hard to want a guy who has been franchise tagged, no?

Dude won't win shit in this league and teams know it. Grbac tossed for 500 in a game and he was a loser too.

ptlyon 03-10-2017 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12777881)
Dude won't win shit in this league and teams know it. Grbac tossed for 500 in a game and he was a loser too.

Has to be a Ohio state fan

raybec 4 03-10-2017 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12777873)
Dude isn't winning anyone a title. Let's find one who can. I'm tired of ither team's castoffs. Isn't this what the board has said for years?

I'm not beating the drum for Cousins to come here. But he's a pretty damn good football player. To say no one wants him and he'll never win shit is just talking out your ass.