ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs’ Quinn has rib injury; Crennel says Stanzi is ‘possibility’ for Sunday (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267791)

BossChief 12-18-2012 01:35 PM

He would be a perfect backup to Geno.

DeezNutz 12-18-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9221450)
He would be a perfect backup to Geno.

Based on everything we saw in preseason and all of the reports from training camp, this is absolutely untrue.

htismaqe 12-18-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 9221430)
If Quinn is hurt and Cassel starts instead, there is zero chance Stanzi is here next year. He must be SOOOOOOO bad to not get any snaps on a 2-12 team.

Another wasted pick who is only taking up roster space

I love how everybody assumes that

1) Romeo is completely inept
2) Pioli makes personnel moves out of spite

while simultaneously assuming that

3) Stanzi sucks

All 3 of those things CANNOT all be true simultaneously.

ROYC75 12-18-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9221468)

3) Stanzi sucks

Assuming is the norm around this place.

DeezNutz 12-18-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9221468)

3) Stanzi sucks

Why? Yes they can be.

htismaqe 12-18-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9221552)
Why? Yes they can be.

I worded it wrong. Sorry.

The point is that if you believe that the staff is inept, then how can you just assume Stanzi sucks?

Either they know how to evaluate players or they don't.

People assume that Romeo is clueless and Pioli forced the coaching staff to play Cassel. Essentially, people believe that this team made roster after roster move without ANY regard for a player's actual talent.

But somehow, suddenly, the reason Stanzi isn't playing isn't because of the above, it's because HE, and only HE, sucks.

There's a logical incongruence there.

RealSNR 12-18-2012 02:30 PM

People aren't being rational right now. They want Stanzi cut like he wasted 4 years of their football-watching lives.

He's not ****ing Matt Cassel. He's done nothing wrong.

He absolutely deserves to be back with the team this training camp. Draft Geno, get another backup, and see if he sinks or swims.

People want him to get cut so they can get enjoyment out of it. Don't be douchebags. Again, Matt Cassel is the one who has ****ed shit up. Not Stanzi.

ptlyon 12-18-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9221630)
People aren't being rational right now. They want Stanzi cut like he wasted 4 years of their football-watching lives.

He absolutely deserves to be back with the team this training camp. Draft Geno, get another backup, and see if he sinks or swims.

People want him to get cut so they can get enjoyment out of it. Don't be douchebags. Again, Matt Cassel is the one who has ****ed shit up. Not Stanzi.

Wrong. I want him gone because he sucks. He sucked in college & he sucks bad enough he can't make the field. Wasted pick from piloli for being a buddy.

DeezNutz 12-18-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9221630)

Almost every report out of training camp said he looked like complete and utter shit. Then, he went ahead and verified those reports when he took the field in preseason.

Personally, I couldn't care less if he's with the team next year or not, but let's not pretend that there's some irrational Stanzi hate here. To this point, he's looked like most 5th-round QBs, irrelevant sacks of shit.

Hammock Parties 12-18-2012 02:38 PM

You're all wrong. Stanzi threw the most beautiful incomplete passes in Chiefs history during the 2011 preseason.

mcaj22 12-18-2012 02:40 PM

did you guys ever think Stanzi just sucks like 90 percent of all the other Pioli draft picks

i fail to see why guys like Baldwin, Stanzi, Jalil Brown, McCluster, Moeaki and every other shit turd pick gets a free press protection by homers around here. Yes they have done nothing wrong, but it is clear these guys are JUST ANOTHER GUY. They have no impact whatsoever and the team clearly goes backwards with him. Every team in the NFL has tons of players like this, the only difference is, the good teams usually cut them quicker when they dont produce. The Chiefs give everyone a 4 year free pass trial basis

RealSNR 12-18-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9221643)
Almost every report out of training camp said he looked like complete and utter shit. Then, he went ahead and verified those reports when he took the field in preseason.

Personally, I couldn't care less if he's with the team next year or not, but let's not pretend that there's some irrational Stanzi hate here. To this point, he's looked like most 5th-round QBs, irrelevant sacks of shit.

Looked great to me in his first preseason. Second preseason for some reason the floor dropped out.

Do you now how many terrible players come to an average NFL training camp? Tons.

The guy is already under contract. Take four guys along. Spend your last undrafted rookie spot on another backup center instead of a QB. Like it even ****ing matters.

It's irrational to cut him before the new regime starts.

mcaj22 12-18-2012 02:44 PM

actually it is very rational that a new coach/GM regime comes in and cleans house/purges the roster before FA/Draft even starts. Guys like Stanzi wont be protected and get a free pass anymore because its a Pioli pick and Master Pioli sets the gameday rosters and determines who gets cut and who doesnt. He will be gone, and guy like McCluster and Baldwin will have to actually earn their spots and not just have them given to them by deactivating Breaston, a clearly 10x better player.

HemiEd 12-18-2012 02:45 PM

I would be excited to watch a Chiefs game again if Stanzi is playing and isn't totally handcuffed by DaBoll.

RealSNR 12-18-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9221669)
actually it is very rational that a new coach/GM regime comes in and cleans house/purges the roster before FA/Draft even starts. Guys like Stanzi wont be protected and get a free pass anymore because its a Pioli pick and Master Pioli sets the gameday rosters and determines who gets cut and who doesnt. He will be gone, and guy like McCluster and Baldwin will have to actually earn their spots and not just have them given to them by deactivating Breaston, a clearly 10x better player.

Guys who are invited back to a new training camp don't get "a free pass" you moron. They get a fair try out like all the other new scrubs. There's absolutely zero reason to cut players that have game experience if they just need a new direction in coaching. You don't know that, and the new coaching staff doesn't know that. That's why they are brought along.

I'm not going to do the homework, but just take a look at how many 2008 Herm guys who were STILL under contract weren't immediately cut in Todd Haley's first offseason. Real awful abortions like Turk McBride, Brodie Croyle, Jon McGraw, etc. The list goes on.

Get real.