ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs So what ‘thing’ will Belichick try and take away from the Chiefs offense? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320554)

FAX 01-17-2019 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14048783)
1)yes I think so. 2) I think we man up, which disrupts the short game, forcing Brady to hold the ball, where our pass rush will feast.

I hope you're right. Those are the crucial match-ups, IMO. Our downhill run game vs. their base defense and their uber-short pass game against our base defense.

I know this much, though; if we can disturb Tommy Two Yards early in the game, we win this walking away. He don't like those hit things. And you can't throw a 3-yard out while your facemask is submerged in soil.

FAX

Chris Meck 01-17-2019 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 14048811)
I hope you're right. Those are the crucial match-ups, IMO. Our downhill run game vs. their base defense and their uber-short pass game against our base defense.

I know this much, though; if we can disturb Tommy Two Yards early in the game, we win this walking away. He don't like those hit things. And you can't throw a 3-yard out while your facemask is submerged in soil.

FAX

right. It's why the Chargers' plan was asinine. You can't sit around in zone all day, Brady will dissect you. BUT, if you're manning up and can do it, that makes him hold the ball. IF you have a pass rush, especially a strong inside rush, you can crush him.

I actually think at this point in the season, we match up well on their weapons with the exception of the backs. If Berry plays, we might be okay there too.

FAX 01-17-2019 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14048834)
right. It's why the Chargers' plan was asinine. You can't sit around in zone all day, Brady will dissect you. BUT, if you're manning up and can do it, that makes him hold the ball. IF you have a pass rush, especially a strong inside rush, you can crush him.

I actually think at this point in the season, we match up well on their weapons with the exception of the backs. If Berry plays, we might be okay there too.

If Berry plays (on that particular day), I wouldn't be surprised if Tommy Two Yards gets picked twice. Nobody studies film or reads and anticipates QBs better than EB.

Of course, he's also a stud in the run game.

FAX

Chief Pagan 01-17-2019 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 14048559)
How do you double 3 players then with 8 in the box?:D

Check your math!! Won't be able to double all of them!!!:D

Chung is so awesome he can double Kelce and Hill and be the 8th man in the box on the same play!

RollinWithMahomie 01-17-2019 08:17 PM

Gilmore follows Hill. Kelce is bracketed. Watkins will have to win his matchup... i assume that's what he will do. Along with a muddied rush trying to keep Patrick inside the pocket.

Garcia Bronco 01-17-2019 08:23 PM

I think they'll try to take away a part of the field not really a player. Reid and his offense can I attack every part of the field, though. This is going to be one hell of a game. But if it is a player I think it's Hill.

TinyEvel 01-17-2019 08:33 PM

He will try to take away Mahomes. But that is impossible. Its like trying to get rid of a hair that is stuck to the tile in the shower. You try to capture some water in your hand and splash it on it, it just moves a little bit and its still there, mocking you.

chiefzilla1501 01-17-2019 08:36 PM

I think new England will play us line Seattle did. Give pat the short stuff and make us take what we're given. We've beaten that by just letting pat loose. Think Reid's gotta find ways to move pat around. I don't know that the gimmicky of screens and misdirection is going to be our best go at this.

Johnny Vegas 01-17-2019 08:41 PM

Possession time is what BB will take away from the offense. Long methodical drives to keep Mahomes and company on the sidelines.

RealSNR 01-17-2019 08:48 PM

Deshaun Watson, prolly

d12115415 01-17-2019 09:24 PM

He'd say everything but I would bet Hill. We have to stop your big plays and that starts with neutralizing him.
And of course, like he did with the Chargers, time of possession.

AssEaterChief 01-17-2019 09:25 PM

Kelce....cover Hill on anything short and pray Mahomes doesn't hit on long balls...

kccrow 01-17-2019 09:26 PM

I'm guessing he focuses most on Hill and Kelce. Bracket Hill with the McCourty bros, single cover Watkins with Gilmore, put Roberts/Chung worrying about Kelce. Basically similar to game 1. They'll force Williams to make the plays Hunt made to slice them up and open things up over the top to Hill. They really don't have a better option.

displacedinMN 01-17-2019 09:28 PM

kelce

But that leaves: hill, sherman, williamssss, watkins still open.

Watching the earlier game.

WE CAN WIN THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get to Brady!!!! And the last two times we crushed the pats---we had Alex Smith.

UK_Chief 01-18-2019 05:27 AM

If it was me it would be Kelce as he moves the chains like no one else. But if I were Andy I’d be planning for both scenarios and whoever they target the other guy (plus some of the bench) need to run riot. Hill deep ball hasn’t been hitting recently (weather?) so that is maybe off the table a bit