ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

Nzoner 01-27-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 9352014)
Trying to recall another British gangster flick of that era that was also really good.

The Krays?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xrYMO0TN05k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nzoner 01-27-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9307690)
Silver Linings Playbook is very good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9331637)
Watched Silver Linings Playbook for some damn reason. What a weird piece of shit. At time's it had the uncomfortable feel of a Curb your Enthusiasm episode. De Niro was pretty awful. Like he wasn't even trying. Brief moments(Jennifer Lawrence), but overall I didn't like it much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gigglepants (Post 9332611)
DeNiro was hardly awful. Definitely a good movie, would recommend, also saw it at the AMC on Ward Parkway. Hadn't been there before, reclining seats are great.
Posted via Mobile Device

I wouldn't give it a very good rating in fact I'd say one viewing is more than enough as it was nothing special.I did like the fact that as far as "love stories" go it at least had some football and some drama that kept me somewhat interested.

As for those reclining seats at Ward AMC two thumbs way up and you can even take a cocktail in.

Nzoner 01-27-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9333168)

The characters weren't very believable. The script tripped all over itself. Few of the events made any logical sense.

One thing that really got me was the dad's friend (die hard Cowboys fan) wearing a Giants pullover.I don't care how much damn money you got on the game,you're a so called diehard like that you ain't wearing shit of a division foe.

Brock 01-27-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9354441)
Just watched End of Watch. Best cop movie since Training day.

Great movie. Did not like the ending though.

-King- 01-27-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9355536)
Great movie. Did not like the ending though.

Spoiler!

rocknrolla 01-27-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9352118)
Is Gangster Squad worth watching?

It was almost worth the $10. I would wait for the DVD. Josh Brolin was great. And Emma makes everything better.

DJJasonp 01-27-2013 11:01 PM

Saw "Movie 43" tonight.

Sucked ass. The trailer made it look amazing, but it was an appetizer of crap, with a dinner and dessert of crap.

Cant believe they suckered so many legit actors into taking part.

It's like they tried to take the hair gel gag from Something about Mary.......and have similar gags for the entire 1hr 40 min film.

I actually wanted to punch Farrely and Rattner after watching it.

If you're old enough to remember "Amazon Women on the Moon" (or Kentucky Fried Movie, for that matter)........same schtick....but way less funny.

It was worse than the worst SNL episode.

Trust me - I like shock comedy....and "gross" comedy (and immature comedy) still makes me laugh.....

But this movie was just not funny......no matter how bad I wanted it to be.

AussieChiefsFan 01-27-2013 11:04 PM

:thumb:
Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknrolla (Post 9357347)
It was almost worth the $10. I would wait for the DVD. Josh Brolin was great. And Emma makes everything better.

rocknrolla 01-27-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 9357390)
Saw "Movie 43" tonight.

Sucked ass. The trailer made it look amazing, but it was an appetizer of crap, with a dinner and dessert of crap.

Cant believe they suckered so many legit actors into taking part.

It's like they tried to take the hair gel gag from Something about Mary.......and have similar gags for the entire 1hr 40 min film.

I actually wanted to punch Farrely and Rattner after watching it.

If you're old enough to remember "Amazon Women on the Moon"........same schtick....but way less funny.

It was worse than the worst SNL episode.

Trust me - I like shock comedy....and "gross" comedy (and immature comedy) still makes me laugh.....

But this movie was just not funny......no matter how bad I wanted it to be.

Thanks for saving me the $$. Was thinking about seeing it. BTW Amazon women on the moon was one of my favorites as a kid. I'm gonna do some digging for it. See if it still as funny.

DJJasonp 01-27-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknrolla (Post 9357401)
Thanks for saving me the $$. Was thinking about seeing it. BTW Amazon women on the moon was one of my favorites as a kid. I'm gonna do some digging for it. See if it still as funny.

The teenager who is the 1 millionth customer for condoms bit........I'll never forget it. classic!

rocknrolla 01-27-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 9357404)
The teenager who is the 1 millionth customer for condoms bit........I'll never forget it. classic!

Its been 20 years since I've seen it. But I WILL find it this week. "I'm gonna get you sucka" was great too back then.

-King- 01-28-2013 09:46 AM

I haven't heard a single positive review if that movie.
Posted via Mobile Device

KCUnited 01-28-2013 09:52 AM

I caught V/H/S last night and enjoyed it. I would like someone to take the concept and turn it into an hour long show on HBO/Showtime or something. Similar to a Twilight Zone/Tales From The Crypt but more modern and violent.

Swanman 01-28-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9357926)
I caught V/H/S last night and enjoyed it. I would like someone to take the concept and turn it into an hour long show on HBO/Showtime or something. Similar to a Twilight Zone/Tales From The Crypt but more modern and violent.

It was one of the very few movies recently that really creeped me out. It had a Blair Witch element (besides shaky cam) where I had no freaking clue what was going to happen.

KCUnited 01-28-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 9357944)
It was one of the very few movies recently that really creeped me out. It had a Blair Witch element (besides shaky cam) where I had no freaking clue what was going to happen.

It certainly created a consistent uneasiness throughout, and even though it was on the low end of my index, I thought the tits to death ratio was acceptable.