ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

DBOSHO 01-22-2013 10:52 AM

Just watched from dusk till dawn.

What the ****.

Fire Me Boy! 01-22-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9340963)
Number 3 is not so good.

I always take issue with that... compared to 1 and 2 - yeah, it's not so good. But taken by its own merits and as a stand-alone film, it's pretty good. The problem is we compare it to two of the best movies ever made.

The Franchise 01-22-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9340725)
Throat punch.

What?

I've never seen any of the Godfather movies.

Nzoner 01-22-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9341475)
I always take issue with that... compared to 1 and 2 - yeah, it's not so good. But taken by its own merits and as a stand-alone film, it's pretty good. The problem is we compare it to two of the best movies ever made.

Absolutely agree,now if somehow they could pull off a Part 4 with Garcia moving the family back to NY only to end up in a war with the Sopranos....

blaise 01-22-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9341475)

Well, the problem is mostly Sofia Coppola.

I watched it once, and didn't like it, and so I tried watching it again and couldn't stand it. I wish they never made it.

PaulAllen 01-22-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9341567)
Well, the problem is mostly Sofia Coppola.

I watched it once, and didn't like it, and so I tried watching it again and couldn't stand it. I wish they never made it.

This this. Ive tried rewatching it and the whole daughter, Sonnys bastard son relationship makes me want to puke. Spoiler for anybody who gives a crap but when she gets blasted at the end I stood up and applauded. I dont think that was Francis' intention.

PaulAllen 01-22-2013 01:16 PM

Speaking of Coppola the guy had maybe the greatest four movie stretch ever. Godfather, Conversation, Godfather 2, and Apocalypse Now. I dont think we're ever going to see anything like that again.

Fire Me Boy! 01-22-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 9341541)
Absolutely agree,now if somehow they could pull off a Part 4 with Garcia moving the family back to NY only to end up in a war with the Sopranos....

No offense, but that's a terrible idea. The story is not about Garcia's character. It's about Michael. Besides, it isn't going to happen. Coppola owns the rights, and he has said there will not be another movie unless Puzo writes it. Since. Puzo is dead, that ain't happening. Worth noting, Coppola said that after Pouzo died.

Fire Me Boy! 01-22-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9341486)
What?

I've never seen any of the Godfather movies.

Man card. Now.

We'll think about giving it back once you've seen the movies. No guarantees.

Nzoner 01-22-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9341635)
No offense, but that's a terrible idea. The story is not about Garcia's character. It's about Michael. Besides, it isn't going to happen. Coppola owns the rights, and he has said there will not be another movie unless Puzo writes it. Since. Puzo is dead, that ain't happening. Worth noting, Coppola said that after Pouzo died.

No offense taken,I just love both series and simply put couldn't get enough of them.

Jenson71 01-22-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 9341541)

LMAO

Jenson71 01-22-2013 01:35 PM

The Godfather Part III is good, it just has its weak elements (and yes, Andy Garcia and Sofia Coppola are the biggest weak elements). Nevertheless, if I watch The Godfather and Part II, then I always will watch Part III. It's still a terrific movie and a fine completion to the series.

The Franchise 01-22-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9341639)
Man card. Now.

We'll think about giving it back once you've seen the movies. No guarantees.

Never wanted to watch them when I was younger. Now it's just about finding time to sit down and watch them.

Shit....I didn't see Scarface until around 6 years ago.

Nzoner 01-22-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9341635)

BTW I'm sure I've shared this before but have you ever seen the Complete Epic 1902-1959.Sadly it's only available on VHS but I do own a copy and it is superb.

Now the complete uncensored story is available in THE GODFATHER 1902-1959, THE COMPLETE EPIC. Presented especially for the home video audience by Paramount Home Video. It contains all of the footage from the original theatrical productions including scenes never seen on television. Riveting in its fifty-seven year scope, THE GODFATHER 1902-1959, THE COMPLETE EPIC is a very special videocassette program.

Fire Me Boy! 01-22-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 9341671)
BTW I'm sure I've shared this before but have you ever seen the Complete Epic 1902-1959.Sadly it's only available on VHS but I do own a copy and it is superb.

Now the complete uncensored story is available in THE GODFATHER 1902-1959, THE COMPLETE EPIC. Presented especially for the home video audience by Paramount Home Video. It contains all of the footage from the original theatrical productions including scenes never seen on television. Riveting in its fifty-seven year scope, THE GODFATHER 1902-1959, THE COMPLETE EPIC is a very special videocassette program.

I have it on Laserdisc. Took me for-freakin'-ever to find it, too. It's probably the only reason I keep a functioning LD player around.