ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Breaking Bad (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204659)

Brock 09-05-2011 09:55 PM

Anyone besides me get the sense that Walt was lying to his family about

Spoiler!

KcMizzou 09-05-2011 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 7881252)

Spoiler!

Edit : I wondered about that.

rocknrolla 09-05-2011 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 7881257)
I was thinking the same thing.

Me too.

Buck 09-06-2011 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 7881252)

Spoiler!

Yeah I think he was.

There are about, what 18-19 episodes left in the series?

Spoiler!

NewChief 09-06-2011 05:24 AM

Finally finished Season 3. Wow. Damn. I mean I know the general gist of what's going to happen, and I'm still always surprised by the execution (haha, bad pun) of the show.

notorious 09-06-2011 06:50 AM

Gus is gay, and his "life partner" took one to the head.

But, I don't know how Gus built up his empire. The Cartel leader told him to stick to chicken.......

The flashback was awesome. It was funny to see Gus in a vulnerable position.

Baby Lee 09-06-2011 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois (Post 7879797)
Walt so wants to be 'the one who knocks', to live his life on his terms, as he told the other cancer patient. This season he hasn't been that guy at all - he is like a mouse in a scary maze, running frantically from corner to corner, occasionally lying to himself about being in control.
Everyone, this season, has some issues with their respective 'upper management's.

This last episode hinted strongly that Gus used to be much like Walt is now, in over his head, too smart for his own good, etc. Intrigued how this arc will continue to develop.

morphius 09-06-2011 01:38 PM

I'm really wondering what is going to be Walt's response to finding out that Jesse is no longer completely on his side. Does he make the play to get rid of Jesse or try to bring him back onto his side. I'm guessing he brings him back in, but how, hmmm.

BigRichard 09-06-2011 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 7882234)
This last episode hinted strongly that Gus used to be much like Walt is now, in over his head, too smart for his own good, etc. Intrigued how this arc will continue to develop.

Gus still had something going for him back in Chile though. That is why they said they were not killing him.

notorious 09-06-2011 03:35 PM

Jesse knows that Walt checked his phone. Any moron can figure out when someone has already checked their messages.

Walt really doesn't give Jesse any credit, and that is just going to piss Jesse off even more.

Baby Lee 09-06-2011 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 7882316)
Gus still had something going for him back in Chile though. That is why they said they were not killing him.

Not necessarily, they just said they knew who he was. Could be that he's a respected/feared dude, could mean something else entirely, like they 'knew' they could make use of him, or they 'knew' that he wasn't a threat to their business.

morphius 09-06-2011 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 7882566)
Not necessarily, they just said they knew who he was. Could be that he's a respected/feared dude, could mean something else entirely, like they 'knew' they could make use of him, or they 'knew' that he wasn't a threat to their business.

Probably had something to do with his family having some level of power.

notorious 09-06-2011 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 7882566)

I think he is related to someone very high up in the government of Chile.

Baby Lee 09-06-2011 03:56 PM

FTR, I'm not shooting down any speculation, just enjoying the ambiguity we're riding right now.

blaise 09-06-2011 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 7882576)
I think he is related to someone very high up in the government of Chile.

I think he was someone in government. Someone with a file on him that doesn't want to be known in the US.