ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

irishjayhawk 10-15-2008 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5117173)
:evil:

Was this movie in theaters? I saw the ratings on amazon.com from customers and went there tonight and saw it on sale (from 9.99)

It was but it bombed, IIRC.

Otter 10-15-2008 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5103195)
I bought Iron Man and the extended version of "The Crapenning".

Haven't watch either yet.

If that director would have been in throwing distance of me when the closing credits appeared he would have been dodging beer bottles.

blaise 10-15-2008 05:22 PM

I watched Southland Tales the other day. It was ok. It was sort of creative in the way they shot it but I thought some of the themes were hack and played out. I think the whole paranoia about the Patriot Act and Big Brother angle has been done many times before and much better than in this movie. I didn't think the director had much to say beyond that. A lot of show for very little substance.
Plus it was hard to really care much about any of the characters.

Otter 10-16-2008 12:44 PM

One of my friends recently had ACL surgery which laid her up for a couple days and asked for some movie recommendations. She loves gritty, gangster films; favorite movie is actually Goodfellas which floored me coming from a chick.
<o></o>
Anyway, threw these at her and figured I copy/paste what I wrote for discussion or add to the queue for anyone else who likes this gene.
<o></o>
Cheers!

The Way of the Gun – personal favorite you probably never heard of, subtly complicated plot (9/10)
Running Scared – pretty mainstream, probably heard of (8/10)
Lucky Number Slevin – see above (8/10)
Layer Cake – my absolute favorite out of the group (10/10)
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang – mainstream, lots of comedy moments (8/10)
Smokin' Aces – everyone I talked to either loved or hated, I loved it (8/10)

blaise 10-16-2008 04:58 PM

I liked Layer Cake a lot. Almost no one I talk to has ever seen it. I read the book too. It's a good book- has a different ending.

KcMizzou 10-16-2008 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 5122798)
I liked Layer Cake a lot. Almost no one I talk to has ever seen it. I read the book too. It's a good book- has a different ending.

I've had that movie on DVD for years, (literally) and have never gotten around to watching it.

Deberg_1990 10-16-2008 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 5122001)
The Way of the Gun – personal favorite you probably never heard of, subtly complicated plot (9/10)
Running Scared – pretty mainstream, probably heard of (8/10)
Lucky Number Slevin – see above (8/10)
Layer Cake – my absolute favorite out of the group (10/10)
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang – mainstream, lots of comedy moments (8/10)
Smokin' Aces – everyone I talked to either loved or hated, I loved it (8/10)

Way of the Gun - Great little underrated flick.

Running Scared - Rocks! Another gem

Lucky number Slevin - Never seen it

Layer Cake - Never seen it

Kiss Kiss bang Bang - Great flick. Robert Downy Jr's true comeback flick. Nice comeback for Shane Black as well.

Smokin Aces- It was ok. I didnt think it was anything special. I expected more.

luv 10-16-2008 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 5122848)
I've had that movie on DVD for years, (literally) and have never gotten around to watching it.

Whenever I sold a bunch of my movies for some cash, I had to unwrap some of them.

Sure-Oz 10-16-2008 10:47 PM

Saw....

Footfistway-7/10 pretty funny at times, similiar style to a napolean dynamite. About a taekwondo instructer.

The Love Guru-5/10 but had some suprisingly funny parts, shity plot of course.

Miles 10-17-2008 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 5122848)

Its a pretty damn good British gangster flick with some style. Well worth watching this weekend if you have the time.

Miles 10-17-2008 03:17 AM

Just finished watching Iron Man and it was maybe a tad overrated but still quite entertaining. The blu-ray disc was pretty ****ing impressive with sound and visuals.

Ceej 10-18-2008 12:04 AM

Just got done watching The Gathering, Sasquatch Gang and The Promotion. All were pretty average.

But, man Christina Ricci is sexaaayyy!

KcMizzou 10-18-2008 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 5126443)
Just got done watching The Gathering, Sasquatch Gang and The Promotion. All were pretty average.

But, man Christina Ricci is sexaaayyy!

There's just something about her. Have you seen Black Snake Moan?

MIAdragon 10-18-2008 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 5126448)
There's just something about her. Have you seen Black Snake Moan?

:)

http://blogs.warwick.ac.uk/images/jm...trailer-01.jpg

KcMizzou 10-18-2008 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 5126486)

I can't honestly say I'd have been as strong willed as Sam's character was in that film.

Ahem.