ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

nstygma 01-21-2013 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9338355)
I finally saw The Godfather. This movie just might have a chance to be popular.

have you read the book? brilliant book, and the only movie i can think of that matches or exceeds the brilliance of the novel its based on.

Fire Me Boy! 01-21-2013 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nstygma (Post 9338482)
have you read the book? brilliant book, and the only movie i can think of that matches or exceeds the brilliance of the novel its based on.

The Exorcist is the only other I can think of off the top of my head, but yeah... I'm a HUGE fan of the film (cinema's only perfect film, IMO) and expected to be underwhelmed by the novel. I was blown away.

KCUnited 01-21-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 9331408)
http://imageshack.us/a/img145/8608/b...gadeposter.jpg

watched this just before Christmas and watched it again last night. damn good. I loved the Dogtown and Z-boys documentary and Bones Brigade picks up where D&Z left off. Stacey Peralta directed both of those and he is the common link to both skateboarding teams. this is on netflix instant streaming and is available for download from multiple sources.

9/10

I watched this over the weekend. I thought it went a little long and was choppy in some places, but otherwise very good. And Rodney Mullen is still very much the man to this day.

mr. tegu 01-21-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nstygma (Post 9338482)

I never read the book. Are the sequels just as much worth watching?

bowener 01-21-2013 02:02 PM

I recently reread, "Do androids dream of electric sheep?" and got the urge to watch Blade Runner (Final Cut) again as well. While I do enjoy the movie, I find the "Do androids dream..." a hell of a lot better. I realize the story would be very difficult, if not impossible, to draft as a film script, but I wish it would happen.

Nzoner 01-21-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9339171)

Godfather II is an absolute must see.

Jenson71 01-21-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

LMAO

Rain Man 01-21-2013 06:10 PM

Chiefsplanet's post presenting logic just pranked me, and I've lost the power to delete posts. I'm starting to get concerned about the planet's time-space continuum.

nstygma 01-21-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9338483)
The Exorcist is the only other I can think of off the top of my head, but yeah... I'm a HUGE fan of the film (cinema's only perfect film, IMO) and expected to be underwhelmed by the novel. I was blown away.

i read The Godfather first before ever seeing the film, after which i went on a Puzo binge.
this was in my younger years and i quickly learned that movies rarely capture what the novel was, which sucks!
so i've never read the exorcist, and i initially watched the movie sooo long ago, there are only a few scenes left in memory. should i read the book first before watching it, or the other way around?

mr. tegu 01-21-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by La literatura (Post 9339761)
LMAO

So you are saying they aren't any good? :)

nstygma 01-21-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9340623)
So you are saying they aren't any good? :)

you should see them. but give the first movie a few more looks before you do, it takes a few times to fully appreciate it.
he's laughing because he assumed everyone on earth already knew they were great movies.

Fire Me Boy! 01-22-2013 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nstygma (Post 9340584)
i read The Godfather first before ever seeing the film, after which i went on a Puzo binge.
this was in my younger years and i quickly learned that movies rarely capture what the novel was, which sucks!
so i've never read the exorcist, and i initially watched the movie sooo long ago, there are only a few scenes left in memory. should i read the book first before watching it, or the other way around?

Personally, I'd watch the movie first. But that's the way I always approach it when I find a movie/novel-combo in which I'm interested. As you mention, movies are generally the weaker of the two, and I find if I watch the movie first, I'm more apt to enjoy the movie on its own merits since I'm not comparing it to my preconceived notions of what it should be.

|Zach| 01-22-2013 04:26 AM

Quote:

Throat punch.

mr. tegu 01-22-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nstygma (Post 9340627)
you should see them. but give the first movie a few more looks before you do, it takes a few times to fully appreciate it.
he's laughing because he assumed everyone on earth already knew they were great movies.

Yeah I got that. I will definitely check them out. For whatever reason I never got around to watching them. Probably has a lot to do with the fiance doesn't really like sitting through long movies or movies in that genre in the first place.

blaise 01-22-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Number 3 is not so good.