ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****OFFICIAL Draft Geno Smith Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269031)

Chiefnj2 01-29-2013 07:03 AM

Stedman Bailey (WR, West Virginia): The Mountaineer pass offense finished the season ranked tenth in the nation. One of the leaders of this unit is playmaking wideout Stedman Bailey. Bailey, who ranks third in the country this season with 124.8 receiving yards per game, is a fleet-footed wideout capable of breaking tackles and picking up some extra yards after the catch.

Against Syracuse in the Pinstripe Bowl, Bailey was targeted nine times, coming away with eight receptions for 121 yards and two touchdowns. He doesn’t run a full arsenal of NFL routes, primarily running short to intermediate screen routes. For the game, his average depth of target was only 2.1 yards past the line of scrimmage on his receptions. He was able to pick up 78 yards-after-significant contact, an average of 9.8 yards per reception for the game.

the Talking Can 01-29-2013 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9360804)
Tyler Wilson had an entirely different situation, because that entire organization pretty much got gutted and then blown up.

[pats on head, gives candy]...run along and play

mdchiefsfan 01-29-2013 07:27 AM

Turns out Geno missed out on Senior Bowl to train at IMG Academy. Can't complain about that choice.

Imon Yourside 01-29-2013 07:51 AM

Why is everyone talking about drafting Geno? I mean we have a chance to draft a Left Tackle to sit behind BA and learn for 5 years or so......

/Raider-Donkey-Charger fan

BigCatDaddy 01-29-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9360796)
Except Tyler Wilson lol

And Matt Barkley and Landry Jones.

htismaqe 01-29-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9360793)
Actually Geno an his team got progressively worse...

Did.

Not.

Watch.

Actual.

Games.

htismaqe 01-29-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9360721)
Sounds about right. This forum has risen him to William Wallace levels. Don't believe the over-hype

No it hasn't.

We've had to endure stupid attack after stupid attack for going on 3 months now.

The "over-hype" is a defense mechanism being used to get rid of reeruns.

Get over it.

SAUTO 01-29-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9360310)
Is this true? If it is, i'm going to probably unfollow him. I like some of his takes, but some are ?

i have a feeling he is pioli

Bewbies 01-29-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9361005)
No it hasn't.

We've had to endure stupid attack after stupid attack for going on 3 months now.

The "over-hype" is a defense mechanism being used to get rid of reeruns.

Get over it.

Last year it was the elite presnap importance of a communicator like David DeCastro we should build our franchise on...

Now it's pointing out how a college QB isn't a perfect player already, therefore he's not worth drafting at all.

LMAO

mdchiefsfan 01-29-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9360271)
I posted that on the chiefs forum. Some guy I have a lot of arguments started making fun of Geno because "44%? He sucks! He can't even complete 50% of his deep throws". All that lasted until someone else posted a chart showing that even the best NFL QBs don't complete 50% of their deep throws and even Aaron Rodgers completed only 39% of his. Unsurprisingly, he stopped responding at that point.

I can't believe you're try to get them to understand common sense. I tried, asking them how to fix the QB position and not one person could come up with a legitimate answer and Don417 is the definition of a "true-fan"

AussieChiefsFan 01-29-2013 08:41 AM

"I hope we give tanney a chance this year. I think he could be the one!"

-guy on facebook

Rasputin 01-29-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9360958)
Turns out Geno missed out on Senior Bowl to train at IMG Academy. Can't complain about that choice.

Yeah, working with Chris Weinke to better himself for the combine and NFL. I think this is going work out great for Geno to boost his confidence in his throws and game. I think he is going rock and roll through the combine & Andy Reid is going take note of it.

htismaqe 01-29-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9361071)
"I hope we give tanney a chance this year. I think he could be the one!"

-guy on facebook

ROFL

Chiefs fans and their never-ending obsession with practice squad heroes.

duncan_idaho 01-29-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9360793)
Actually Geno an his team got progressively worse...unless you are talking about season to season, which happens with basically every qb prospect.

Except Geno did not get progressively worse... after his struggles in the KSU game, Smith bounced back and played well against TCU, OSU, OU, Iowa State and KU before the Pinstripe Bowl.

htismaqe 01-29-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9361100)
Except Geno did not get progressively worse... after his struggles in the KSU game, Smith bounced back and played well against TCU, OSU, OU, Iowa State and KU before the Pinstripe Bowl.

BUT, BUT, BUT they lost!