ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

vailpass 10-02-2012 01:42 PM

Would any of you really be in favor of giving up the draft picks it took for Washington to get RGIII for Geno Smith?

the Talking Can 10-02-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8970796)
Would any of you really be in favor of giving up the draft picks it took for Washington to get RGIII for Geno Smith?

of course, why wouldn't you?

vailpass 10-02-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8970806)
of course, why wouldn't you?

I haven't looked into him enough to have an opinion. don't know what kind of set he runs, what kind of competition he plays against, etc.

I'll watch the rest of the season with interest though.

notorious 10-02-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Yes.

Denver has had franchise QB's over the years. You guys have no idea what it's like to be in shit purgatory.

ptlyon 10-02-2012 01:56 PM

Our window is open now. Took a big swing & a miss leaving the keys with cassel.

vailpass 10-02-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8970829)
Yes.

Denver has had franchise QB's over the years. You guys have no idea what it's like to be in shit purgatory.

I don't for one minute question your desire to go for a FQB. I'm surprised to see so many jumping on the Smith wagon so early on.

ptlyon 10-02-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8970843)
I don't for one minute question your desire to go for a FQB. I'm surprised to see so many jumping on the Smith wagon so early on.

we are in a "anything will do" mood at this point

the Talking Can 10-02-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8970826)
I haven't looked into him enough to have an opinion. don't know what kind of set he runs, what kind of competition he plays against, etc.

I'll watch the rest of the season with interest though.

oh, I thought you were trotting out the "draft picks..too risky" thing...

vailpass 10-02-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8970860)
oh, I thought you were trotting out the "draft picks..too risky" thing...

Shit no. You can't win if you don't play.

RealSNR 10-02-2012 02:10 PM

God. In this scenario Cleveland has the potential to pass on both RGIII and Geno Smith (because they were lazy dumb****s and didn't trade with the Rams when they had the chance) in two consecutive years when they've had top 5 picks and Colt ****ing McCoy.

Their factory of sadness is almost as bad as ours when it comes to QBs. Not as bad as ours, but close.

vailpass 10-02-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 8970856)
we are in a "anything will do" mood at this point

Hey baby, can I buy you a drink? And your friend too?

RealSNR 10-02-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8970843)

Watch the guy play and I guarantee that surprise will go away very quickly.

I think he's got a better arm than RGIII and just as many leadership qualities. Plus, he's built a little sturdier and has better pocket presence (though RGIII certainly isn't lacking in that department).

Only significant advantage RGIII has over Geno is making plays with his feet. But Geno isn't a slouch there, either. He can scramble pretty well when he has to, and is pretty damn elusive in the pocket.

suds79 10-02-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Yes.

All that matters anymore in this league is QB. Go get your guy.

If we miss out on a few more Tyson Jacksons or Javier Arenases, I'll live with it. ;)

mcaj22 10-02-2012 02:17 PM

the only way we get Geno is if Clark cleans house in the offseason. Fires Pioli, Romeo etc

Pioli is so ****ing stubborn when it comes to drafting he will never take a guy like Geno

vailpass 10-02-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8970882)
Watch the guy play and I guarantee that surprise will go away very quickly.

I think he's got a better arm than RGIII and just as many leadership qualities. Plus, he's built a little sturdier and has better pocket presence (though RGIII certainly isn't lacking in that department).

Only significant advantage RGIII has over Geno is making plays with his feet. But Geno isn't a slouch there, either. He can scramble pretty well when he has to, and is pretty damn elusive in the pocket.

Thanks, good insight.

I've seen the recent highlights. Looked like an arena league game. I haven't seen much from him over the course of time so don't know enough to say if he's played against any good defenses, if he can make reads, what his football and leadership IQs are, etc.

If he continues to receive the hype I'm sure all of that will come out in the weeks to come, and I'll watch with interest.