ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

Al Bundy 10-13-2012 11:40 PM

Killer Klownz From Outerspace.

Buehler445 10-14-2012 09:26 AM

I took in Here Comes the Boom yesterday. Normally it isn't the quality of movie I like to spend the price of admission on, but wife wanted to go to the movies and it was the only thing that was in my shitty ass theater.

Anyway, it was decent for what it was. The fighting was better than I expected, the comedy was close to over the top but not too bad, and the characters were infectious.

Spoiler!

/rant

In other news, Salma Hayek is still ****ing fine. I looked her up, and she's 46. She's quite possibly the hottest 46 year old ever in the history of mankind. Son of a bitch. She is goddamn hot.

Kevin James must have worked out A LOT to get into that kind of shape. He looked good.

The thing I did like about the movie was it didn't pull any punches about education sucking bawls these days. I don't think teachers are doing nothing like James was. but the commentary between him and Hayek about the system was poignant. Yeah, it is a dramatization, but the problems in the movie are real, and they really didn't pull any punches talking about it. Good on them.

Easy 6 10-14-2012 09:47 AM

Watched "get rich or die tryin" yesterday, for lack of anything else on & was actually surprised at how good it was... a credible enough acting job from 50 early on in that side of his career.

As good or better than eight mile.

Simply Red 10-14-2012 10:35 AM

Ok - I liked Balls Out.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SpTX5RImIOE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Simply Red 10-14-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nstygma (Post 8997734)
i agree about battleship
Safe - i liked it
VHS - garbage, couldn't finish it
Buried - lost interest quickly
That's My Boy - liked it, funny
Wanderlust - not a waste of time, good for a watch
The Cold Light of Day - Meh
One in the Chamber - decent for what it is
Goon - pretty good
Rampart - decent
Shame - different
Glengarry Glen Ross - *Recommended*

I 100% echo this whole post.

Bump 10-14-2012 04:33 PM

Finally saw the Avengers. It was good.

luv 10-16-2012 10:56 AM

Went to see Sinister. I was prepared to be totally scared (I'm a total wuss when it comes to scary movies). While it had those moments where you were supposed to jump, those times were totally predictable. Story line was only partially interesting. If you're looking for a thriller, don't waste your money on this.

kushed god 10-16-2012 04:00 PM

Anyone see the hunger games? I have it on blu ray, just kind of skeptical to watch it.

BigMeatballDave 10-17-2012 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kushed god (Post 9021220)
Anyone see the hunger games? I have it on blu ray, just kind of skeptical to watch it.

A little hokey.

It wasn't terrible.

BigMeatballDave 10-17-2012 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9013544)
Finally saw the Avengers. It was good.

The scene with Hulk and the demigod was hilarious.

BigMeatballDave 10-17-2012 01:13 AM

Magic Mike is a pile of shit.

Bump 10-17-2012 11:32 AM

Get the Gringo isn't bad. Not Mel Gibson's best though.

Buehler445 10-17-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9023268)
A little hokey.

It wasn't terrible.

Depending on what you're after.

If you go in understanding it is made for 12 year olds, it'll be good enough.

cdcox 10-20-2012 01:02 AM

Seven Psychopaths was entertaining in a Fish-Called-Wanda-meet's-Quentin-Tarantino-kinda way.

007 10-20-2012 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underEJ (Post 9002300)
Watching movies on the treadmill every morning these days. Running through the dvd collection that I haven't really watched for a few years, rewatching some stuff to see if it holds up.

The Station Agent (2003) - love this one, Dinklage of course, but Bobby Canavale is a pretty good actor, from this to his latest stuff on Boardwalk Empire is quite a range.

Soldier's Girl (2003) - probably not for everyone due to the transgender love story thing, but it is really a good movie.

Lost in Translation (2003) - really liked this one the first time so I bought it, but seemed dull this time

Over the Edge (1979) - never fails, always a fun watch, Matt Dillon, troubled bored kids and Cheap Trick go really well together.

Entire movies on the treadmill or just in stages?