ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones *Spoiler* Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257986)

KChiefer 04-22-2013 02:12 PM

Yeah, Sansa's story is still on track. The only real change there is they offered her Loras(which she's going to be even more salt about not getting to marry than Willas LMAO).

Ser Dontos seems to have been written out, but that's no biggie.

Any time spent with Varys is time well spent IMO. His character and the actor are both great. Consider it filling time with actors that will be on the payroll for seasons to come while they chop lesser characters that they're unwilling to spend time and money on casting.

And look at this Sansa/Littlefinger/Varys arc from a non-readers POV. They still have no idea where this will end up going, so in that they are successful.

Frazod 04-22-2013 02:26 PM

I find I hate Sansa just as much in the show as I do in the books; perhaps even more. Goddamn vapid, whiney, mopey, do nothing bitch. Watching Margaery effortlessly twirl the moronic Joffrey around her little finger actually just makes it worse.

I still hope she ends up dying horribly.

Hawk 04-22-2013 04:38 PM

I agree with you that Sansa is annoying, but I have a feeling that in the end, she is going to be the one that becomes a great player of the game of thrones and takes littlefinger down.

Sansa is learning to become a player of the game, Arya is learning to become a deadly assassin, Bran is learning to see and warg everything, Jon is learning to lead people, and who knows what Rickon is learning with Osha. This group of Stark kids is going to be a real handful for their enemies to deal with at some point.

Setsuna 04-22-2013 10:16 PM

WOW. Dany never looked more hot to me than in that entire scene. Damn she was on fire :fire:

PhillyChiefFan 04-23-2013 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9615916)
WOW. Dany never looked more hot to me than in that entire scene. Damn she was on fire :fire:

Holy hell yes.

Not only that but that scene was acted extremely well by her I thought. The fluent Valyrian language was spot on, and I really liked the unsullied pounding their spears (insert joke here) after Dany set them free.

I wanted that scene to last a little longer, but enjoyed it nonetheless. That is the part in the book where my jaw literally dropped when reading. Dany is a badass.

I'm kind of confused as to why they removed the revelation by Selmy that Jorah was originially sent to spy on her. I'm guessing because it's not necessarily pertinent to the condensed storyline of the show?

Hawk 04-23-2013 08:44 AM

Oh, I don't think it has been removed, I just don't think they have gotten to it yet.

kaplin42 04-23-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 9614865)
I agree with you that Sansa is annoying, but I have a feeling that in the end, she is going to be the one that becomes a great player of the game of thrones and takes littlefinger down.

Sansa is learning to become a player of the game, Arya is learning to become a deadly assassin, Bran is learning to see and warg everything, Jon is learning to lead people, and who knows what Rickon is learning with Osha. This group of Stark kids is going to be a real handful for their enemies to deal with at some point.

Read the books I see.

kaplin42 04-23-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9614552)
I find I hate Sansa just as much in the show as I do in the books; perhaps even more. Goddamn vapid, whiney, mopey, do nothing bitch. Watching Margaery effortlessly twirl the moronic Joffrey around her little finger actually just makes it worse.

I still hope she ends up dying horribly.

Sansa and her mom might as well be called herp and derp. I haven't seen one thing out of either of them that make me like their characters. Not in the books, and definitely not in the show.

If you think about it, the mom is the one that started the war and lost her husbands head by taking Tyrion. She's a dumb twunt if I ever saw one.

Hawk 04-23-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 9616584)
Sansa and her mom might as well be called herp and derp. I haven't seen one thing out of either of them that make me like their characters. Not in the books, and definitely not in the show.

If you think about it, the mom is the one that started the war and lost her husbands head by taking Tyrion. She's a dumb twunt if I ever saw one.

Catelyn may be my least favorite character in the books. She is mean and hateful to Jon Snow even though she claims to be all religious, she let Jaime go and captured Tyrion, two of the dumbest moves in the series, plus she is whiny and mopy all the time which I get given what's happened to her, but is tedious to read. Plus she's just boring. And she did cause a lot of the problems with her own stupid and rash actions. Then she wants to punish Brienne who did nothing but try her hardest to follow Catelyn's orders while risking her life in the process. Don't like Catelyn at all.

Sansa is not nearly as bad as Catelyn, Sansa is just young, spoiled, dumb and naive...at least for now.

Hawk 04-23-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 9616570)
Read the books I see.

Don't know what this even means. Of course I read the books. This is the spoiler thread so book talk is fair game in here.

kaplin42 04-23-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 9616685)
Don't know what this even means. Of course I read the books. This is the spoiler thread so book talk is fair game in here.

Because the stuff I quoted leads me to believe you haven't read all 5. You are correct on most counts for sure, just one of them is wrong.

I am curious about Ricken. Is he left out because he is just too young, or because no useful story could be thought of with him?

AndChiefs 04-23-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 9616693)
Because the stuff I quoted leads me to believe you haven't read all 5. You are correct on most counts for sure, just one of them is wrong.

I am curious about Ricken. Is he left out because he is just too young, or because no useful story could be thought of with him?

He's going to be important at some point. Just too young at this point I think. Otherwise I doubt they would have wrote him into the show.

Nirvana58 04-23-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 9616705)
He's going to be important at some point. Just too young at this point I think. Otherwise I doubt they would have wrote him into the show.

I have a feeling Osha will have get own chapter perspective in the next book. Rickon always being described as a wild child then inturn is on the run with a Wildling. I have a feeling Rickon will end up being a wild card somewhere down the road.

MagicHef 04-23-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 9616681)
Catelyn may be my least favorite character in the books. She is mean and hateful to Jon Snow even though she claims to be all religious, she let Jaime go and captured Tyrion, two of the dumbest moves in the series, plus she is whiny and mopy all the time which I get given what's happened to her, but is tedious to read. Plus she's just boring. And she did cause a lot of the problems with her own stupid and rash actions. Then she wants to punish Brienne who did nothing but try her hardest to follow Catelyn's orders while risking her life in the process. Don't like Catelyn at all.

Sansa is not nearly as bad as Catelyn, Sansa is just young, spoiled, dumb and naive...at least for now.

Neither is as bad as Robert. By far my least favorite character. Just horrible.

MagicHef 04-23-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 9616693)

One of those is wrong? They all look right to me.