ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

Rausch 06-12-2012 05:02 PM

TOYNBEE IDEA
IN MOVIE 2001
RESURRECT DEAD
ON PLANET JUPITER

mikeyis4dcats. 06-12-2012 07:42 PM

Warrior - I'm not into MMA, but this was pretty good.

Easy 6 06-12-2012 08:11 PM

Moonrise Kingdom should be a blast, i've liked everything Anderson has done, particularly Rushmore, that movie never fails to crack me up from beginning to end...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mGen7BhPJds" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dayze 06-12-2012 08:15 PM

Took the wife to see The Hunger games for her birthday. Man I was really surprised. Really good. I was reluctant at first but was glad I took her

QuikSsurfer 06-12-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 8675761)
Moonrise Kingdom should be a blast, i've liked everything Anderson has done, particularly Rushmore, that movie never fails to crack me up from beginning to end...

He's definitely been my favorite director since I first saw Rushmore. A lot of Anderson fans say his dialogue just isn't the same with Owen Wilson co-writing, while that may be true, his movies are still smart with great humor, charming, and dripping with style. I have really enjoyed each and every one of his movies. If I had to rank them:
The Royal Tenenbaums > Bottle Rocket > Rushmore > The Life Aquatic > Fantastic Mr. Fox (sorta in a league of its own though) > The Darjeeling Limited

ThaVirus 06-13-2012 01:10 AM

Just watched The Grey. Holy balls that was a good movie. Great acting, great characters, great cinematography, great setting, some good tension.

The only thing I didn't like was the personification of the wolves. I felt they made them seem way too intelligent but it was kind of necessary to build the tension and further the plot.

I also liked the little after credits surprise. Liam Neeson is a bad ass!

Micjones 06-13-2012 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 8675656)
Warrior - I'm not into MMA, but this was pretty good.

That movie was excellent. Probably my favorite film of 2011.
The MMA was a footnote.

Nolte absolutely slayed that role.

mikeyis4dcats. 06-13-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8676447)
That movie was excellent. Probably my favorite film of 2011.
The MMA was a footnote.

Nolte absolutely slayed that role.

I was shocked that the actor who played Tommy was not a real MMA fighter. Dude was ripped.

ThaVirus 06-13-2012 11:48 AM

Chronicle was entertaining, although the shitty effects near the end really took me out of the experience.

DBOSHO 06-13-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 8676358)
Just watched The Grey. Holy balls that was a good movie. Great acting, great characters, great cinematography, great setting, some good tension.

The only thing I didn't like was the personification of the wolves. I felt they made them seem way too intelligent but it was kind of necessary to build the tension and further the plot.

I also liked the little after credits surprise. Liam Neeson is a bad ass!

I hated the ending but didnt see the after credits scene. Can you spoil it for me?

DBOSHO 06-13-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 8676927)
I was shocked that the actor who played Tommy was not a real MMA fighter. Dude was ripped.

Tom hardy. One of my favorite actors. He plays bane in yhe new batman. If you want to see him shine in a role, rent Bronson.

Swanman 06-13-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBOSHO (Post 8677066)
Tom hardy. One of my favorite actors. He plays bane in yhe new batman. If you want to see him shine in a role, rent Bronson.

He was also good in Inception.

QuikSsurfer 06-13-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBOSHO (Post 8677066)

His traps are from another world.

Bronson was great, btw.

ThaVirus 06-13-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBOSHO (Post 8677063)
I hated the ending but didnt see the after credits scene. Can you spoil it for me?

Well if you didn't like the ending then the after-credits scene probably won't change much. Personally I think an open-ended conclusion is refreshing from time to time. Sometimes less is more.

Spoiler!

Ceej 06-13-2012 01:23 PM

I'm not sure how people thought the Grey was great.

Pretty 'meh' to me.

But, I liked Neeson.