ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****The Felix Anudike-Uzomah Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=348536)

Wallcrawler 11-30-2023 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17251772)
As someone who knows ball, I'm on the fence.

Heh.

O.city 11-30-2023 01:19 PM

I was being facetious.

I'm not on the fence.

crispystl 11-30-2023 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 17251802)
Let's not go overboard.

O. knows....trades??

Gary Cooper 11-30-2023 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17251762)
You think I give a flying ****?

I have the respect of the posters that actually know ball, and that's all that matters to me. The rest of you just get your feelings hurt when I call out your stupidity.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CCGUPbpWEAEDv7V.jpg

DJ's left nut 11-30-2023 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17251762)
You think I give a flying ****?

I have the respect of the posters that actually know ball...

https://y.yarn.co/cdbd6772-91d8-4ae9...f3e4b_text.gif

DJ's left nut 11-30-2023 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urc Burry (Post 17251319)
I wasn’t thrilled with the pick. Mainly because of how perfectly the draft had fallen up to pick 20. But I was pleasantly surprised with him in the preseason. I right he was much further along as a pass rusher than George was at that point.

If we were a terrible defense and he wasn’t getting playing time it might be time to panic. But we’re 4th in sacks and 3rd in pass yards given up. He’s 21. Relax

And if we wanted more out of a first year guy… Murphy hasn’t done shit. Mazi is invisible. And Anton is a liability at this point

Yeah, this isn't a year where there are a whole lot of 'woulda/shoulda' alternatives at the back of 1/early 2.

I have a hard time figuring anyone was banging on the table for Sam LaPorta in the 1st or Keanu Benton.

I liked a bunch of the DL (almost all more than FAU) but none of them have done dick. Foskey, Ojulari, Hall, White - all pretty irrelevant. Tuipulotu would've been a scheme fit problem here, IMO. Anybody gonna say they had Nacua or Tank Dell as 1st round picks?

This just wasn't an early-impact class. Shit happens. Pure hindsight sure says "Man, Sam LaPorta would be awfully nice to have right now" but I seems kinda ridiculous to hold that against Veach - I don't think anyone really thought that would've been a wise decision at the time. Kincaid has come on annoyingly strong but like Addison and Flowers, they weren't available at our pick and we tried, but failed, to move up.

Draft really fell off at that WR run. From there on, there weren't a slew of great choices. I suspect we got past Veach's "X number of First Round talents" figure. His efforts to move up in the first certainly support that as well.

{shrug}

Just consider Rice a 1st rounder and FAU a second, then all is well.

Hog's Gone Fishin 11-30-2023 10:13 PM

Maybe he's lifting weights in the training room too much and getting stiff. Gotta be a reasonable explanation as to lack of production.

136 snaps and 1 sack

Maybe some yoga classes would help

DJ's left nut 11-30-2023 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 17252683)
Maybe he's lifting weights in the training room too much and getting stiff. Gotta be a reasonable explanation as to lack of production.

136 snaps and 1 sack

Maybe some yoga classes would help

He has about 125 snaps. And he's a rookie.

I mean what more explanation is needed? That's 3 games worth of snaps to this point; you figure he should be at 5 sacks?

He's fine.

Buehler445 12-01-2023 10:29 AM

Meh. In my mind Rice was the first round pick and FAU is the second round pick and it is more palatable.

Dunerdr 12-01-2023 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17252730)
He has about 125 snaps. And he's a rookie.

I mean what more explanation is needed? That's 3 games worth of snaps to this point; you figure he should be at 5 sacks?

He's fine.

FAU has done what people who do their homework expect. Justyn Ross was undrafted, didn't do shit while he was playing and has a fan page with 10k followers. go figure.

Hog's Gone Fishin 12-01-2023 02:43 PM

YOGA, bitches ! Get the boy some help!

JohnnyV13 12-01-2023 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 17252957)
FAU has done what people who do their homework expect. Justyn Ross was undrafted, didn't do shit while he was playing and has a fan page with 10k followers. go figure.

Ksrlaftis had 1 sack with 6 games left if I recall correctly, and he had a lot more snaps.

Pitt Gorilla 12-01-2023 03:10 PM

We have a pretty solid DL (defense tied for 5th in NFL for sacks) and folks are upset that a rookie isn't pushing for more time?

I mean, ok, I guess.

JohnnyHammersticks 12-01-2023 09:52 PM

This is another thread that’s going to be fun to revisit in a few years when this dude is raping faces to laugh at all the geniuses who were already writing him off halfway through his rookie season.

Hog's Gone Fishin 12-01-2023 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 17253631)
This is another thread that’s going to be fun to revisit in a few years when this dude is raping faces to laugh at all the geniuses who were already writing him off halfway through his rookie season.

Fact remains, until the staff gets him on a regular Yoga program he'll never develop.