ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Tony Romo rumor (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=305387)

Nickhead 02-17-2017 02:49 PM

you talk like romo will be turning 29 this season. he is not an upgrade over alex in kc. you need a level head to realize this :D

(i would say otherwise if this were any other team besides the chiefs. with alex as their starter)

Hootie 02-17-2017 02:52 PM

am I missing something?

In the last 10 years I've seen Favre play until 50, Brady get better with age, Brees look to be as good now as he was at 29, and Manning still play effective football and break the TD record while possessing the arm strength of a high school freshman.

I don't care how old Tony Romo is ... it clearly no longer matters. These guys don't get hit and don't age. It's not like we're talking about bringing in Chris Johnson and expecting him to be CJ2K ... we're talking about Tony Romo, one of the best pocket passers of our generation, who plays the position like Aaron Rodgers, the man crush of this board.

Hootie 02-17-2017 02:53 PM

you don't just forget how to play NFL QB ... you either have it, or you don't. Romo has it. We haven't had a QB Romo good in my entire lifetime, including Trent Green.

Anyone not on the Romo wagon is a loon

Nickhead 02-17-2017 03:01 PM

again, if romo was 29 and in a contract year, and the chiefs were looking for a qb, hell yeah. i would take bradford at this point over romo. at least we have seen him a couple years after being injured.

raybec 4 02-17-2017 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickhead (Post 12745842)
again, if romo was 29 and in a contract year, and the chiefs were looking for a qb, hell yeah. i would take bradford at this point over romo. at least we have seen him a couple years after being injured.

I'm no a huge Romo fan but Bradford? Jesus tits son, I think you're not talking about the same Sam Bradford.

Nickhead 02-17-2017 03:06 PM

trying to make a point. personally i can't stand bradford, and he should give back about 60 million dollars to boot :D

Eleazar 02-17-2017 03:11 PM

What would you think of a quarterback who was 2-4 in 6 postseason games?

What would you think of a QB who succeeded in not turning the ball over very often, but threw only 8 TDs in those 6 games?

What would you say if that same QB had taken 22 sacks and fumbled 9 times in those 6 postseason games?

What would you say if that QB had failed to pass for 250 yards in 5 of those 6 playoff games?

Is this starting to sound similar to any other QBs we know?

In fact, the only teams this mythical, battle-tested, Super Bowl caliber QB has ever beaten in the postseason are... a wild card team coached by Andy Reid (nuff said), and a wild card Detroit team that turned the ball over 3 times on the road in the playoffs (nuff said)

So... tell us why, again, Romo is going to take us to the promised land?

Rooster 02-17-2017 03:42 PM

Anyone that's been balls deep in Jessica Simpson can QB my team. :D

Hootie 02-17-2017 03:43 PM

It's good to know that our fans would take a 29 year old Romo in a contract year ... Mind blowing assessment

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

The Franchise 02-17-2017 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romosexual (Post 12745893)
It's good to know that our fans would take a 29 year old Romo in a contract year ... Mind blowing assessment

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I'd pass on him for a 26 year old Aaron Rodgers.

Nickhead 02-17-2017 03:47 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_XfzTiezE8k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

what part of this play is encouraging in any way?

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-17-2017 05:46 PM

"Win now" with Romo is about as half-baked an idea as anything I've ever read on this board. People acting like getting Romo is some kind of ****ing "sweepstakes"? Please.

If the Chiefs had any brains( which they never do ), they would do what Dallas has already done:

Ditch the ****ing has-been, and get a young stud starter. Why piss away more time with another broke-dick stop-gap?
Tony Romo is taking no one to the promised land.

Hootie 02-17-2017 05:47 PM

another young stud starter like Mark Sanchez or Geno Smith?

DCS/ROR/AIDS has it all figured out, guys!

Hootie 02-17-2017 05:48 PM

...just do what the Jets do, guys!

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-17-2017 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 12745755)
I wouldn't say 0%. But I'd say the chances are about equal as to the chances of Alex Smith ever winning a SB.

Perfect assessment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romosexual (Post 12746070)
...just do what the Jets do, guys!

Or, just do what the Chiefs do, and overpay another useless stop-gap!

God damn I had totally forgotten what a complete ****ing reerun you are.

That was nice while it lasted.