ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   ****The Official Save Our Chiefs Movement Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264510)

BossChief 10-14-2012 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9015208)
It's a lot easier to get more people wearing black.

Everyone has something black in their closet.

I bet 90% of fans have a green shirt or top in their closet for St Patricks day that would work just fine.

"WE WORE YOUR FAVORITE COLOR, CLARK SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM"

At this point, though...I dont think making any attack on Hunt is warranted.

the guy has spent the money and is getting ripped off by Pioli just as much as us.

Hammock Parties 10-14-2012 11:58 PM

Look: We are not going to get more than a smattering of black shirts at the Raider game anyway.

The point is not really the Raider game.

It's November.

Because this team is gonna get CRUSHED by SD and PIT, and tons of people will be tuned into the WEAR BLACK, NOT RED message by then.

But first we wait to see if Pioli is fired.

RunKC 10-14-2012 11:59 PM

Has anyone considered making a huge banner to hold up at the game?

And I'm not just talking about a regular sized banner. Big enough that Clark will be able to read it clearly from the press box.

That would be awesome. Holding that up all game long for Clark to see while Pioli hides in his press box. LMAO

Phobia 10-15-2012 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9015227)
Has anyone considered making a huge banner to hold up at the game?

And I'm not just talking about a regular sized banner. Big enough that Clark will be able to read it clearly from the press box.

That would be awesome. Holding that up all game long for Clark to see while Pioli hides in his press box. LMAO

It will be taken.

RunKC 10-15-2012 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9015235)
It will be taken.

By his CIA minions?

Phobia 10-15-2012 12:05 AM

Rather than black-outs or any other color-out, just encourage fans to wear the gear of their favorite college team as long as it does not equal "red". People will be more apt to do that and have cold weather gear in those colors available.

Hammock Parties 10-15-2012 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9015239)
Rather than black-outs or any other color-out, just encourage fans to wear the gear of their favorite college team as long as it does not equal "red". People will be more apt to do that and have cold weather gear in those colors available.

I like this. Maybe a "WEAR ANYTHING BUT RED" message.

alnorth 10-15-2012 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9015217)
That was my hesitance with blacking out the Raider game. The media would not be able to tell which are Chiefs fans and which are Faid fans. People will have a natural reluctance to wear black and seeming to support the Raiders.

That would still serve the cause.

"wow, look at all that black! Did you know that Oakland is X,XXX miles away from KC?!? Its incredible to see this many Raiders fans in Arrowhead, there must be some VERY SERIOUS problems in KC!"

Titty Meat 10-15-2012 12:09 AM

You guys have 2 weeks and the pressure needs to be kept on the Chiefs. Stage a walk out or a protest for the Raiders game.

Titty Meat 10-15-2012 12:09 AM

You should talk to Arrowhead Pride they were talking about doing a party outside and nobody go in the stadium.

Tribal Warfare 10-15-2012 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9015225)
Look: We are not going to get more than a smattering of black shirts at the Raider game anyway.

The point is not really the Raider game.

It's November.

Because this team is gonna get CRUSHED by SD and PIT, and tons of people will be tuned into the WEAR BLACK, NOT RED message by then.

But first we wait to see if Pioli is fired.

If Pioli is fired during any point in the season , then it's all promotion for a 1st round QB

Phobia 10-15-2012 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9015246)
You should talk to Arrowhead Pride they were talking about doing a party outside and nobody go in the stadium.

We've been talking about taking it a step further and organizing a tailgate at another venue. Just don't know if people will support that idea.

bowener 10-15-2012 12:22 AM

As it gets colder out, people are just going to wear coats. So your color choices are probably limited to black, brown, and red in KC.

bowener 10-15-2012 12:24 AM

What if you held a large free tailgate that won't start serving free food until 5 minutes after kickoff. It might help keep more people from going in to the game. You could make it a fund raiser for cancer. Just make signs that say, "why throw money at Clark, when you can save a person's life! Donate now."

BossChief 10-15-2012 12:25 AM

How much of the parking cost does Clark get? I heard it mostly goes to the county.

Phobia 10-15-2012 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9015258)
What if you held a large free tailgate that won't start serving free food until 5 minutes after kickoff. It might help keep more people from going in to the game. You could make it a fund raiser for cancer. Just make signs that say, "why throw money at Clark, when you can save a person's life! Donate now."

We don't want squat to do with serving food. Too much money, liability, and you have to bring county health inspector out to get a permit. It should be standard tailgating rules. Bring your own and if we have room on our grill, feel free to throw it on.

Phobia 10-15-2012 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9015260)
How much of the parking cost does Clark get? I heard it mostly goes to the county.

There's a $4.50 surcharge that is earmarked to fund the money paid to the Chiefs for stadium upkeep. There is a $1.00 surcharge used to pay the $250,000,000 stadium upgrades over the next 25 years. Other than that, I don't know of any other amount that goes to the county.

RunKC 10-15-2012 12:59 AM

What was it that the Lions fans did a few years ago that got national attention? Didn't they like wear the opposing teams colors at their home game?

Titty Meat 10-15-2012 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9015250)
We've been talking about taking it a step further and organizing a tailgate at another venue. Just don't know if people will support that idea.

That would be cool local media would cover it for sure.

BryanBusby 10-15-2012 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9015280)
What was it that the Lions fans did a few years ago that got national attention? Didn't they like wear the opposing teams colors at their home game?

They were chanting "Fire Millen" literally everywhere. Even at Wrestlemania lol

BigRock 10-15-2012 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9015235)
It will be taken.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9015237)
By his CIA minions?

This should be kept in mind about the flying banner too. The more of them there are, the more likely that Pioli will eventually send people to hide in the hanger and replace it at the last minute.

We've already got the Winston thing. Now there's morons acting like "So you wanted Brady Quinn, huh KC?" If we start flying banners that are switched to say "HIRE COWHER, SIGN A RETREAD QB" or "DRAFT LANDRY, HIRE STOOPS", Chiefs fans are done for.

Hammock Parties 10-15-2012 03:59 AM

Pioli doc has been updated with below:

22-33 overall

18 blowouts in 55 games (32.7%)

Blowout losses (14+) by year

2009: 5
2010: 4
2011: 5
2012: 4 (with more to come, betcha betcha)

Quinn has done nothing in the NFL but prove he is one of the worst quarterbacks in the entire league. He again proved that in his first start with the Chiefs in Week 6 of the 2012 NFL season.

Freeman completely destroyed Pioli’s defense in Week 6 of the 2012 NFL season.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...IaW70EkLc/edit

AussieChiefsFan 10-15-2012 04:05 AM

http://i555.photobucket.com/albums/j...nteresting.gif

Mr. Flopnuts 10-15-2012 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9014084)
Kent Babb ‏@kentbabb

I think people should bring empty candy wrappers to the game and just litter the field w/thousands of them.

Yeah, I sent out a snippet for a certain someone's podcast you and I know and am encouraging the same thing.

Mr. Flopnuts 10-15-2012 05:16 AM

Those guys making $8 an hour would probably be happy with the extra money it would make them having to clean that up. I don't see any harm in it at all, and I think it makes a wonderful statement.

mlyonsd 10-15-2012 05:55 AM

At some point we'll need to take a shot at Clark. Maybe his country club ego could use a little bruising.

mdchiefsfan 10-15-2012 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 9015396)
At some point we'll need to take a shot at Clark. Maybe his country club ego could use a little bruising.

I'd give Clark until the end of this season. I don't expect Pioli to be out the door until the conclusion of this season, which is fine. Let his paranoid ass read us ripping him constantly in the banners then sent packing. If Pioli is back next season and we see no attempt to improve this team then we commence the verbal beat down of Clark.

bevischief 10-15-2012 06:25 AM

Make it so.

mlyonsd 10-15-2012 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9015416)
I'd give Clark until the end of this season. I don't expect Pioli to be out the door until the conclusion of this season, which is fine. Let his paranoid ass read us ripping him constantly in the banners then sent packing. If Pioli is back next season and we see no attempt to improve this team then we commence the verbal beat down of Clark.

You're certain Clark isn't stupid enough to keep Pioli? I'm not.

Clark is running this team just like his dad. Pathetic.

Sofa King 10-15-2012 07:44 AM

I think we need to start pounding this first round QB shit a little harder as well. Even spelling out the names of the guys we do and do not want.

mdchiefsfan 10-15-2012 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 9015441)
You're certain Clark isn't stupid enough to keep Pioli? I'm not.

Clark is running this team just like his dad. Pathetic.

Not certain but he hasn't done anything wrong just yet. Time will tell in his case.

Fat Elvis 10-15-2012 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9014084)
Kent Babb ‏@kentbabb

I think people should bring empty candy wrappers to the game and just litter the field w/thousands of them.

I was saying this two weeks ago...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264564

Bob Dole 10-15-2012 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9015250)

It would be awesome to have a tailgate somewhere else in a large parking lot, collect $10 per car for charity, and have generators and big screens to show the game. Woodlands? (Is there still a parking lot?) Kansas Motor Speedway?

Dayze 10-15-2012 08:54 AM

get ready for a trade for Seattle's $$$$ backup in the off season, after we draft OL in the top 5.. his hame escapes me at the moment.

DaKCMan AP 10-15-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9015832)
get ready for a trade for Seattle's $$$$ backup in the off season, after we draft OL in the top 5.. his hame escapes me at the moment.

What a Flynntastic nightmare.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-15-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 9015601)
I think we need to start pounding this first round QB shit a little harder as well. Even spelling out the names of the guys we do and do not want.

Yep. Don't get a Franchise QB, nothing matters.

pr_capone 10-15-2012 09:30 AM

Updated Paypal balance and total donations.

FAX 10-15-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9015935)

In case no one has mentioned it in a while ... you're doing a great job, Mr. pr_capone.

Amazing what one, little idea can become, isn't it?

I have an idea to open a Tittah Rating Boutique where, for a small fee, women of all ages, kinds, and creeds can go to have their tittahs evaluated by objective, licensed tittah assessors. I hope that, someday, my idea will be as successful as yours.

FAX

Fire Me Boy! 10-15-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9016087)
In case no one has mentioned it in a while ... you're doing a great job, Mr. pr_capone.

I have an idea to open a Tittah Rating Boutique where, for a small fee, women of all ages, kinds, and creeds can go to have their tittahs evaluated by objective, licensed tittah assessors. I hope that, someday, my idea will be as successful as yours.

FAX

I would like to get in on this on the ground floor, maybe as a senior level tittah assessor. How'd I go about doing that? I have 34 years of experience and can appreciate the large and the small. I have an eye for detail, and while I'm not hard to please, I won't motorboat just anyone.

luv 10-15-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9015935)

How long will this be going on? I've decided to throw in some financial support. Can't afford much, but I did get paid today. If this is ongoing, then I will pledge $10 from each paycheck until the end of the year.

RustShack 10-15-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 9015801)
It would be awesome to have a tailgate somewhere else in a large parking lot, collect $10 per car for charity, and have generators and big screens to show the game. Woodlands? (Is there still a parking lot?) Kansas Motor Speedway?

Didn't a church get into some trouble for showing an NFL game to a group of people?

InChiefsHeaven 10-15-2012 11:32 AM

Has anyone considered the possibility of a full page add in the KC Star? That would give you a chance to lay out your whole case, pimp the site, etc. and it would be pretty monumental. Probably get some national run as well.

zimdogg 10-15-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 9016254)
Has anyone considered the possibility of a full page add in the KC Star? That would give you a chance to lay out your whole case, pimp the site, etc. and it would be pretty monumental. Probably get some national run as well.

That's a 10k dollar waste of paper. Facebook will see more eyes in a day than a print copy of the star would for the year.

mlyonsd 10-15-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 9016254)

Somebody said an 8 1/2 x 11 ad was $30k. That was Sunday addition though.

mlyonsd 10-15-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9016229)
Didn't a church get into some trouble for showing an NFL game to a group of people?

Yeah but just imagine the publicity it would receive if the donation was given to breast cancer awareness.

Bob Dole 10-15-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9016229)

Don't know.

By the way: you donated $10 for parking. Bob Dole can't help it if his big screen is so large that others can see it.

InChiefsHeaven 10-15-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 9016276)
Somebody said an 8 1/2 x 11 ad was $30k. That was Sunday addition though.

HOLY SHIT! That's ridiculous...no wonder print is dead.

Fat Elvis 10-15-2012 12:42 PM

No need for an ad in the Star. Just post the cutout on the saveourchiefs facebook page and people can download it and print it from there. Just gotta get Whitlock talking about it with directions on where to download it. It would be hilarious if sympathetic fans from other teams downloaded it and took it to their games.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 10-15-2012 12:49 PM

Digital and Social Media > Print

I sell this shit everyday. You can line the bird cage with a print ad...this isn't the 80s anymore. Digital Ads leave a footprint Print doesn't.

frankotank 10-15-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9016087)

FAX

Frank O. Tank - Doctor of Tittahlogy

Educational summary:
Bachelor of Tittahlogy from Bazookas - KC MO
Doctor of Tittahlogy from Spearmint Rhino - Las Vegas NV
Master of Tittahlogy from 4 Play Gentlemen's Club - Los Angeles CA

I'll be your huckleberry.

SuperChief 10-15-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 9016468)

I sell this shit everyday. You can line the bird cage with a print ad...this isn't the 80s anymore. Digital Ads leave a footprint Print doesn't.

Yep. It's all about CPM, and web gives you such incredible reach.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 10-15-2012 02:50 PM

Just finished an interview about the Twitter movement with Fox4KC....it will air tonight after the baseball game.

The Franchise 10-15-2012 03:26 PM

Carl Cobb ‏@crcobb

@saveourchiefs season ticket holder from Ok. Called and requested refund from Chiefs today. They don't give refunds. Still funny tho

pr_capone 10-15-2012 03:53 PM

Update:

The banner flying guy got in contact with me and told me that he received word from a party that wishes to remain anon. They would like to help us fly the next plane.

I don't know who it is or how much yet but we have added help. I'll update again when I have more info.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 10-15-2012 03:55 PM

hey thats neat!

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 10-15-2012 03:56 PM

What if we push this out across Twitter? as in:

"Attn Season Tix holders: Call 816-fff-ffff to tell the Chiefs you want a refund on your season tickets."

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9016969)
Carl Cobb ‏@crcobb

@saveourchiefs season ticket holder from Ok. Called and requested refund from Chiefs today. They don't give refunds. Still funny tho

pr_capone 10-15-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 9017045)

"Attn Season Tix holders: Call 816-fff-ffff to tell the Chiefs you want a refund on your season tickets."

I like it. I like it A LOT.

Hammock Parties 10-15-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9017037)
The banner flying guy got in contact with me and told me that he received word from a party that wishes to remain anon. They would like to help us fly the next plane.

I bet it's Mitch Holthus or another Chiefs employee. LMAO

Shit, it might be Mark Donovan.

The Franchise 10-15-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 9017045)

I would. It'd get the point across in a different way.

pr_capone 10-15-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 9016881)
Just finished an interview about the Twitter movement with Fox4KC....it will air tonight after the baseball game.

Sweet!

pr_capone 10-15-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasseLLLLL's Reckoning (Post 9017056)
I bet it's Mitch Holthus or another Chiefs employee. LMAO

Shit, it might be Mark Donovan.

Prolly Todd Haley. LOL

007 10-15-2012 04:03 PM

some guy was on either 610 or 810 today saying he was going to pay for his own plane to fly a banner of his own against the Chiefs. Wonder if it was him.

FAX 10-15-2012 04:04 PM

I have a suggestion for whomever is managing the @saveourchiefs twit account ...

And here it is ...

Try to avoid specific discussions such as whether or not you're a fan of a particular player (see Breaston). It serves no purpose to get involved in football talk that is specific enough to uncover or reveal disagreement.

You are representing a movement comprised of many thousands of people.

Many of those people have strong opinions and favorite players. There will be a wide variety of views. Therefore, you should be restrict your discussion points to the main ones; cassel sucks, fire pioli, clark needs to lead, etc. Otherwise, all you do is seek out those whom you may alienate on specifics that don't really matter and for no positive purpose.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

FAX

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 10-15-2012 04:14 PM

Fax, I feel ya but sometimes I hate seeing questions go unanswered. I'm trying to find the happy medium.

As for breaston, he wants out. No secret. He won't resign in KC.

FAX 10-15-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 9017121)
Fax, I feel ya but sometimes I hate seeing questions go unanswered. I'm trying to find the happy medium.

I can only offer good advice. You don't have to take it.

It is, however, very good advice. You aren't speaking for yourself any longer. You now represent 75,000 fans.

It is in your interest to stay on a tight, concise message, Mr. Marty Mac Ver 2.0, and not deviate.

I shall leave it there.

FAX

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 10-15-2012 04:19 PM

holy smokes, that post is getting retweeted more than a Kardashian!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9017048)
I like it. I like it A LOT.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 10-15-2012 04:20 PM

I don't disagree, was just trying explain why I interacted with a few.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9017128)
I can only offer good advice. You don't have to take it.

It is, however, very good advice. You aren't speaking for yourself any longer. You now represent 75,000 fans.

It is in your interest to stay on a tight, concise message, Mr. Marty Mac Ver 2.0, and not deviate.

I shall leave it there.

FAX

Hammock Parties 10-15-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 9017121)

Another reason to hate Dexter McCluster.

Nightfyre 10-15-2012 04:34 PM

I would contribute towards a flyer program, under one condition -
Pioli must be spelled with all five L's on the flyer.
We should also have a set for firing Crennel - also with the Ls.
We could save money on this by having volunteers distributing flyers at the game.

I also like the idea of a blackout, but not at the raider game. Again, we could get more participation through volunteers handing out black garbage bags at the game.

FAX 10-15-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 9017136)
I don't disagree, was just trying explain why I interacted with a few.

No problem. I think you're doing a fantastic job, don't get me wrong.

You have a very compelling message that is resonating with a lot of people. In a PR battle, the KISS system works wonders ... powerful, concise message, staying on point at all times.

You'll find your constituency arguing from time to time about specifics ... no big deal ... it's your job to stand strong and solid in the center ... like an anchor ... or goo, maybe.

FAX

Discuss Thrower 10-15-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9017074)
Prolly Todd Haley. LOL

It's Glass or GMDM. He/they think this shitstorm focused on the Chiefs Front Office will buy the Royals a few more year of suckage before the natives get restless.

BigRedChief 10-15-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9017086)
I have a suggestion for whomever is managing the @saveourchiefs twit account ...

And here it is ...

Try to avoid specific discussions such as whether or not you're a fan of a particular player (see Breaston). It serves no purpose to get involved in football talk that is specific enough to uncover or reveal disagreement.

You are representing a movement comprised of many thousands of people.

Many of those people have strong opinions and favorite players. There will be a wide variety of views. Therefore, you should be restrict your discussion points to the main ones; CasseLLLLL sucks, fire PioLLLLLi, CLLLLLark needs to lead, etc. Otherwise, all you do is seek out those whom you may alienate on specifics that don't really matter and for no positive purpose.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

FAX

This!

Dont get dragged down by others. Stay on point. The more you stray from your central point, you are losing the message war. No matter how much of an asshole they are or how stupid they are, remain positive and on message.

Always remember you are representing others, not just yourself.

You are doing good work. Just dont lose focus.

BigRedChief 10-15-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 9016468)

:thumb: THIS!

Phobia 10-15-2012 05:09 PM

I have a banner suggestion. "Fans would rather watch paint dry" Then organize 100+ Chiefs fans to go cover up graffiti in the hood in their old LJ, Grbac, and Cassel jerseys.

bevischief 10-15-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9017037)
Update:

I don't know who it is or how much yet but we have added help. I'll update again when I have more info.

Sweet.

Dayze 10-15-2012 06:51 PM

Awesome

FAX 10-15-2012 09:49 PM

I just have to say that twittering is really fun and interesting.

FAX

Bearcat 10-15-2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 9016881)

Here ya go...

http://fox4kc.com/2012/10/15/fed-up-...-voices-heard/

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2K3-hIOnU8Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SPchief 10-15-2012 10:32 PM

Noice

CaliforniaChief 10-15-2012 10:49 PM

This movement is growing. I just invited 15 of my Facebook friends who are Chiefs fans to join.

What about former players? One of the things Pioli has done is freeze out former players. There might be an opportunity to get more credibility with some former/retired Chiefs chiming in.