ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ****Official 2011 ChiefsPlanet Mock Draft Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=242250)

Direckshun 03-14-2011 09:27 PM

I'm fine with a redraft, but at the speed we're going, is there much need for it?

Would anybody draft any differently than you did in the first? Both my picks were bullzeyes.

The Franchise 03-14-2011 09:29 PM

Did I mention that the Panthers need DT help?

The Carolina Panthers select Ian Williams, DT, University of Notre Dame.

RealSNR 03-14-2011 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 7490818)
I'm fine with a redraft, but at the speed we're going, is there much need for it?

Would anybody draft any differently than you did in the first? Both my picks were bullzeyes.

The Fairley pick was great value for the spot, but I'm pretty skeptical about Okoye and Williams. The Texans moving to the 3-4 is just an all-around bad decision, and it also looks shitty with three 1st rounders on the ****ing line. It's one reason why I don't want the Chiefs to draft Phil Taylor in the 1st. That's too much.

Direckshun 03-14-2011 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 7490831)
The Fairley pick was great value for the spot, but I'm pretty skeptical about Okoye and Williams. The Texans moving to the 3-4 is just an all-around bad decision, and it also looks shitty with three 1st rounders on the ****ing line. It's one reason why I don't want the Chiefs to draft Phil Taylor in the 1st. That's too much.

My agreement with that notwithstanding...

I'm just wondering, what's the need for a first round re-mock?

Like I said, I'm totally game and I'll join any mock whenever.

But what would be the reasoning behind us doing one?

Has anybody's stock changed that much? Would you, SNR, change your picks if given the chance?

Sfeihc 03-14-2011 09:36 PM

It came down to Williams and Irving for me, P. Nice pick.

DeezNutz 03-14-2011 09:36 PM

The biggest need for the Bills that I didn't address in this draft (yet) was OLB, though I realized this would be the case because of my selection in the first:

Lawrence Wilson, OLB, Connecticut

The Franchise 03-14-2011 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 7490838)

Has anybody's stock changed that much? Would you, SNR, change your picks if given the chance?

If we do a first round re-draft.....then we should switch teams.

Sfeihc 03-14-2011 09:38 PM

That would spice things up a bit. Sounds good, switching teams.

Direckshun 03-14-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7490842)
If we do a first round re-draft.....then we should switch teams.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 7490843)
Maybe we shuffle the teams and redraft. That would spice things up a bit.

Ahhh...

RealSNR 03-14-2011 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 7490838)

I might change the Vikings pick. I've given that some thought. It was quite a reach, but it was bold and I like Locker way more than most people. Pouncey is incredible value, and the only way I change it is if Carimi or Costanzo fall to the Packers. Or Ingram.

So, yeah. When we're finished let's put it to a vote. I'm cool if people vote it down. I guess that's what individual mocks are for. If people can't get enough.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-14-2011 09:55 PM

I know that Jordan Shipley has the makings of a good slot guy, but that doesn't mean that a WCO isn't in need of large receivers with good hands, and Shipley definitely isn't large.

This team needs help at the skill positions, and of the guys left, this is one of the best fits for Jay Gruden's offense.

The Cincinnati Bengals select Greg Salas, WR, Hawaii

Direckshun 03-14-2011 10:36 PM

Who do you guys pick for the Chiefs here?

1. OLB Akeem Ayers, UCLA
2. C Steve Wisniewski, Penn State
3. NT Jerrell Powe, Ole Miss
4. WR Austin Pettis, Boise State

I think they could go for another receiver at this point. A couple still stand on the board. I'd pinpoint who interests me but I risk the Fuhrer's vengeance.

Other options:

* backup QB
* safety depth: we have nobody behind Berry and Lewis
* DL depth: we have no depth at DE
* OT depth: O'Failaghan is hardly worth the investment

Direckshun 03-14-2011 10:37 PM

By the way, that's a good draft for the Chiefs so far.

RealSNR 03-14-2011 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 7490920)
Who do you guys pick for the Chiefs here?

1. OLB Akeem Ayers, UCLA
2. C Steve Wisniewski, Penn State
3. NT Jerrell Powe, Ole Miss
4. WR Austin Pettis, Boise State

I think they could go for another receiver at this point. A couple still stand on the board. I'd pinpoint who interests me but I risk the Fuhrer's vengeance.

Other options:

* backup QB
* safety depth: we have nobody behind Berry and Lewis
* DL depth: we have no depth at DE
* OT depth: O'Failaghan is hardly worth the investment

I'd like to see OT here, though I'm not sold on the prospects. A lot of them are really, really stiff.

Direckshun 03-14-2011 10:53 PM

This is also a horrendous safety class.

Sucks because the Texans have nobody at strong or at free safety. They have the worst pass defense in the league in part because Bernard Pollard was more of an eighth-in-the-box type.

The back end of this draft is stocked with exactly that type of player. There's, like, maybe two players left that can defend the pass worth anything.