ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****The Felix Anudike-Uzomah Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=348536)

Hog's Gone Fishin 11-29-2023 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17250867)
Because they got Omenihu back from suspension.

You know? The top free agent addition on defense.

ah, yeah, good point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 17250870)
It's like there's some kind of Chiefsplanet merit badge you earn for being the first one to declare that some young player sucks.

Congratulations! You're a miserable wet shit with the patience of a gnat and zero understanding of context. Hope that works out for ya.

We're you born being a jerk or did your parents teach you that skill ?

Chris Meck 11-29-2023 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 17250877)
ah, yeah, good point.

We're you born being a jerk or did your parents teach you that skill ?

Nah, but they taught me to call out bullshit when I see it.

Buddy, if I'M a jerk, here on Chiefsplanet, you have some soul searching to do.

Pitt Gorilla 11-29-2023 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 17250858)
Nah, a 1st round pick should be on the field and producing. Comparing him with Mahomes being red shirted behind Alex Smith is Apples/Oranges.

Playing DE isn't a complicated job. Karlaftis made plays year 1. This guy has been invisible. He's actually had some snaps and nobody has ever called out his name.

You must be joking.

Pitt Gorilla 11-29-2023 10:23 PM

Quote:

It's like there's some kind of Chiefsplanet merit badge you earn for being the first one to declare that some young player sucks.

Congratulations! You're a miserable wet shit with the patience of a gnat and zero understanding of context. Hope that works out for ya.

I'll never understand it. It, apparently, makes some people feel better about themselves to declare a player a bust as soon as possible. It's also imperative that you MAINTAIN that position, regardless of what happens down the road.

Pitt Gorilla 11-29-2023 10:28 PM

Quote:

From the Mizzou Football thread:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 17250439)
100% correct. We had people suggesting that if Cook started at QB, Drink should be fired. I'm not kidding.

It's as though some folks refuse to understand that 1) players can and do improve, and 2) coaches know FAR more about our players and are going to play the guys that give us the best shot at winning. They do the same ignorant nonsense with the Chiefs and it's just as mind-numbingly stupid then.

I'll never understand the need to rush to be the first to proclaim someone a bust.

staylor26 11-29-2023 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 17251097)
You must be joking.

Yea, that in particular was just an awful take.

Chiefspants 11-29-2023 10:43 PM

I was worried Hog was going like the old bullpen reliever who lost a few mph on his fastball and couldn't locate his off speed stuff anymore. You just hadn't seen takes like his classic posts about Johnny Football in a while.

"DE's not a complicated job" proves the man took a trip to Belize and found his fastball again. You love to see it.

CoMoChief 11-29-2023 11:51 PM

Omenihu has been playing so well that sadly its preventing this cat from gaining real live time game reps. That's the only way he's gonna learn. If it hinders his development then so be it...It is what it is, sadly he's buried on the depth chart behind a talented DL across the board and they're all playing well and are healthy. It's a good problem to have I guess.

Bump 11-30-2023 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 17251098)
I'll never understand it. It, apparently, makes some people feel better about themselves to declare a player a bust as soon as possible. It's also imperative that you MAINTAIN that position, regardless of what happens down the road.

To declare every single pick to be a great pick and future hall of famer is equally as dumb as declaring every pick to be a bust. IMHO.

There are going to be bad picks. No team has ever or will ever hit on 100% of their draft picks.

This is by far, without a doubt, the best era of Chiefs drafting in our lifetimes. But there will still be misses.

Bump 11-30-2023 01:17 AM

The drafting over the past several seasons has been so fantastic, despite a couple of earlier round misses, like Skyy and CEH, that I almost feel like we are overdue for a bad draft year lol.

It can't continue to be this good all of the time can it? It doesn't seem realistic to me. We don't all truly appreciate how good it's been for us tbh. It's okay if there is a bust here and there with the way the rest of the drafts have been going.

Chris Meck 11-30-2023 06:24 AM

When you're picking #31 or #32 every year, you can't expect immediate studs. Especially when it's a loaded DLine.

George was in a different situation.

No reason to make any sweeping declarations.

Urc Burry 11-30-2023 08:56 AM

I wasn’t thrilled with the pick. Mainly because of how perfectly the draft had fallen up to pick 20. But I was pleasantly surprised with him in the preseason. I right he was much further along as a pass rusher than George was at that point.

If we were a terrible defense and he wasn’t getting playing time it might be time to panic. But we’re 4th in sacks and 3rd in pass yards given up. He’s 21. Relax

And if we wanted more out of a first year guy… Murphy hasn’t done shit. Mazi is invisible. And Anton is a liability at this point

O.city 11-30-2023 08:58 AM

I would have loved to have had Mazi sitting behind Jones, but DT's man....you just never know.

Danguardace 11-30-2023 10:35 AM

Last years rookie class ruined life for future Chiefs rookies forever

BWillie 11-30-2023 10:43 AM

Remember during training camp when I said if u read between the lines coaches thought he was behind