ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports 2014-2015 NBA regular season thread. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284493)

chiefzilla1501 07-07-2014 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urc Burry (Post 10735213)
This is all getting to be pretty stupid. Nobody except Lebron himself knows what he's doing. All the return to Cleveland was premature. He's shown interest in like 6 teams. If it's true from the beginning of FA where he just wants a 1-2 yr deal at max his best bet would probably be to stay in Miami.

It's not a bad idea for LeBron to take a 1-2 year deal with Miami, let the young guys in Cleveland mature, and see if Blatt is a good coach which I think he will be. I think that's a very real option. But it's not like Miami is an attractive option right now. He'd stay there out of loyalty. That's it.

KC_Connection 07-07-2014 07:28 PM

Miami's ceiling as a team right now is what we just saw them do (winning the East and losing to a team like the Spurs in the finals). And even that took LeBron carrying them completely with next to no help. Wade and Bosh are not getting better and these additions (McRoberts/Granger) will do nothing in helping them overcome the gap. Beyond loyalty to Riley/Wade, I don't see what's keeping him there.

-King- 07-07-2014 07:29 PM

The Ray Allen thing is big for the Cavs. Him and Lebron got real close the last 2 years and were even on vacation together last week. Telling Lebron that you'll also sign Ray will go a long way toward getting Lebron to move.
Posted via Mobile Device

RustShack 07-07-2014 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10735240)
The Cavs would need more a few shooters to build around LeBron. If they do that, I don't see why they wouldn't win the East next year with him.

They drafted a shooter in the first last year, and again with the top pick in the second this year. Obviously young and inexperienced, but last years shooter played for Blatt on team Russia I believe when they got the Bronze.

chiefzilla1501 07-07-2014 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10735240)
The Cavs would need more a few shooters to build around LeBron. If they do that, I don't see why they wouldn't win the East next year with him.

The Cavs could easily snag a guy like Jamal Crawford in a sign and trade, which is almost ideal for a one year fix if you can get rid of Waiters to free up the space. You'd also have an outside shooter in Kyrie, and you'd hope that someone like Karasov or Bennett can grow as outside shooters in an offense that is designed to get guys good outside looks.

More importantly, less about this year. They actually have really good flexibility next year to do a lot more. I don't know that Lebron makes Cleveland a deep playoff contender right away. But the team actually has a situation set up for the team to improve every year vs. Miami, which is just going to steadily decline.

Titty Meat 07-07-2014 07:42 PM

Lakers are gonna get Isiah Thomas and Melo

KC_Connection 07-07-2014 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10735278)
The Cavs could easily snag a guy like Jamal Crawford in a sign and trade, which is almost ideal for a one year fix if you can get rid of Waiters to free up the space. You'd also have an outside shooter in Kyrie, and you'd hope that someone like Karasov or Bennett can grow as outside shooters in an offense that is designed to get guys good outside looks.

More importantly, less about this year. They actually have really good flexibility next year to do a lot more. I don't know that Lebron makes Cleveland a deep playoff contender right away. But the team actually has a situation set up for the team to improve every year vs. Miami, which is just going to steadily decline.

LeBron by himself is enough to make a team a deep playoff contender. I don't think such a Cavs team could beat the Spurs yet (or other West equivalent), but what team in the East would?

dirk digler 07-07-2014 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10735206)
I don't see it. Why would Bosh turn down 4 years/88 million from the Rockets? He'll never get that kind of opportunity again in his life.

Because the Heat can give him close to a max contract now.

Quote:

Ira Winderman ‏<s>@</s>IraHeatBeat

Heat's use of exceptions is a game-changer when it comes to Bosh. There no longer is any need to ask him to take significantly less.

Ira Winderman @IraHeatBeat · 5h To sum up: The storyline of Heat asking Bosh for major cut no longer is a storyline. Plenty of room left before luxury-tax "cliff".

Ira Winderman @IraHeatBeat · 5h

In fact, this is the way the Bosh camp wanted it to go. With Heat not needing space, there basically is no need for Bosh to take any cut.

BigCatDaddy 07-07-2014 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 10735318)

Game over.

KC_Connection 07-07-2014 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 10735318)

If that's true, that means McRoberts and Granger would be the only additions on a Heat team that wasn't close to good enough. Is that supposed to entice LeBron at all?

dirk digler 07-07-2014 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10735348)
If that's true, that means McRoberts and Granger would be the only additions on a Heat team that wasn't close to good enough. Is that supposed to entice LeBron at all?

I don't quite understand all the nuances to the NBA salary cap but apparently they used exceptions for these 2 guys so they have about $6 million free or so to sign some more players.

GloryDayz 07-07-2014 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 10734691)
PLEASE LET LBJ GO BACK TO THE CAVS!

Attaboy!!!

RustShack 07-07-2014 08:17 PM

If the big 3 all resign as the roster stands now, they are still at best as good.. But likely worse as they were this year.

dirk digler 07-07-2014 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 10735364)
If the big 3 all resign as the roster stands now, they are still at best as good.. But likely worse as they were this year.

Still a lock for the Finals and the Spurs have never repeated

RustShack 07-07-2014 08:20 PM

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but when I ordered my Wiggins jersey they said it would ship in 10 days after Wiggins get a number. I got an email today saying it will be a few more weeks and they are waiting until he signs his contract... Could be they are entertaining trading him.

Then again, Wiggins is one of only like 200 people LBJ follows on twitter, and I would think he would be very interested in playing with him.