ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Better Call Saul (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277119)

Otter 03-08-2016 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 12119888)
ROFL There's something to say about binge watching over this trickle here, trickle there, I must admit. It's easier to track too. It's a little tough to follow at the beginning of new season, after a long spell before the next season.

Oh, it's annoying! It's like sitting down to watch a really good movie and someone keeps pausing it every 1/2 hour and tells you to go to bed but you can watch another 1/2 hour next week. I don't mind The Walking Dead doing that because it's silly but BCS is a pretty good story.

BucEyedPea 03-08-2016 10:07 PM

I binged watched 7 seasons of MadMen last summer in about 5 weeks. It was awesome. The whole world stood still though.

MikeMaslowski 03-09-2016 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 12120182)
I binged watched 7 seasons of MadMen last summer in about 5 weeks. It was awesome. The whole world stood still though.

Did that with SOA and watched the final season weekly. Binge watching is much better. However, I do like looking forward to something a few nights a week. Sunday - TWD, Monday BCS, Tuesday - NCIS/American Crime Story Wednesday - American Crime/American Horror story when it is in season Thursday - Big Bang Theory am now binging Penny Dreadful from Showtime as well. I can then fill the rest of the times with movies, testing other series, etc.

Gonzo 03-09-2016 11:30 PM

So, I've decided to binge-watch Breaking Bad again since I've been so into BCS. The writing early on in BB is ok, not great. However, right before season 5, it really got excellent. Cranston is one hell of an actor and you can tell when Aaron Paul really started to get his chops.
That's what makes for an excellent show. When the story is so damned engaging that you don't care if they're making meth or filming a commercial for a lawsuit.
It's all about the storyline and the actors involved.

Dunit35 03-09-2016 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 12123364)
So, I've decided to binge-watch Breaking Bad again since I've been so into BCS. The writing early on in BB is ok, not great. However, right before season 5, it really got excellent. Cranston is one hell of an actor and you can tell when Aaron Paul really started to get his chops.
That's what makes for an excellent show. When the story is so damned engaging that you don't care if they're making meth or filming a commercial for a lawsuit.
It's all about the storyline and the actors involved.

I'm on run three of the show. It's on Sundance channel, 3 episodes every Wednesday. I'll never not watch that show if it's on. I never saw it when it was on AMC. Watched the first episode with headphones, in bed, while my wife was asleep. I told her about the show the next day and we were hooked.

lcarus 03-10-2016 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 12116154)
Jonathan Banks has been around forever.

He's got about a million Tv credits from the 80s and 90s.

Before Breaking Bad I mainly remembered him from 'Wiseguy' in he 80s

I remember him as the cop in Gremlins lol

Gonzo 03-10-2016 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 12123886)
I remember him as the cop in Gremlins lol

The original Beverly Hills Cop too. Played the bad Guy's #1 henchman.

I just watched the episode where his ear got shot. ****ing hysterical when he tried to put it back together.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/--ldm18O0x9...Panda-8MnK.gif

Anyong Bluth 03-10-2016 03:20 PM

Man, this is such a great show. Terming it a spin-off doesn't do it justice.

Hamwallet 03-10-2016 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 12124576)

I don't think of it as spin off. It is a never ending story. A lot of starting and stoping points.

BWillie 03-11-2016 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 12124576)

I'm selfish so I want another show too, The Rise of Gus.

Sure-Oz 03-14-2016 10:00 PM

Kim's downfall starting? I think Jimmy's brother is going to get her out if Howard's doghouse. Also Tuco's uncle!

PunkinDrublic 03-14-2016 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 12131760)
Kim's downfall starting? I think Jimmy's brother is going to get her out if Howard's doghouse. Also Tuco's uncle!

Not the same without the wheelchair and bell. I always thought that would be an awesome Halloween costume.

Chiefspants 03-14-2016 10:59 PM

All of this is building up toward Gus' grand return. I can't ****ing wait.

BWillie 03-15-2016 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 12131801)
All of this is building up toward Gus' grand return. I can't ****ing wait.

If Gus doesn't return Im going to be pissed

Buehler445 03-15-2016 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 12131829)
If Gus doesn't return Im going to be pissed

He will but I'm doubting it will be this season.