ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's talk about the Patriots (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318008)

RaidersOftheCellar 10-09-2018 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 13802595)
Not to be a jerk, but don't write Mahomes into the HOF JUST yet. We've seen how injuries and/or defensive adjustments can really bring a guy down to earth fast after a very hot start. I don't think the fan bases of Vick, Kaepernick, Sanchez, etc. were any less excited than you guys are right now, but they weren't able to sustain consistent success for various reasons.

I'd be saying the same thing if it were any other QB and any other team, including the Patriots. It's a bit early yet to put his bust into Canton.

All that said, he does look pretty damn awesome, so we'll see.

Mahomes has every physical and mental talent you could want in a QB. Everything. That's not to say he's perfect in every way, but it should scare the rest of the league to know that he isn't even close to his ceiling and he's already arguably the best QB in the league.

Simply Red 10-09-2018 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 13802879)
Patriots roundtable:

https://youtu.be/5If33xtYfFQ

I'll be honest - that Pats' fan sounds concerned.

Red Beans 10-09-2018 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dynamicHDR (Post 13802915)
Chung can go back to doing what he does best.

You sound very knowledgeable. What is it that Chung does best?

RaidersOftheCellar 10-09-2018 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 13802931)
They're like a chameleon. The greatest team ever. They just morph into whatever is needed.

This week they're going to morph into the 85 Bears.

Simply Red 10-09-2018 03:48 PM

Quote:

You think the Patriots will approach this game exactly like they did the Colts game? We morph into a different team every week depending on the opponent. One of the biggest changes I expect this week would be to have Devin McCourty go back to his FS duty, and have Chung cover the TE. Against KC's speed, McCourty will be needed at FS, and Chung can go back to doing what he does best.

I bet Kelce gets 100 yards vs Michael Chang this Sunday night.

Coochie liquor 10-09-2018 03:48 PM

Quote:

You think the Patriots will approach this game exactly like they did the Colts game? We morph into a different team every week depending on the opponent. One of the biggest changes I expect this week would be to have Devin McCourty go back to his FS duty, and have Chung cover the TE. Against KC's speed, McCourty will be needed at FS, and Chung can go back to doing what he does best.

That’s fine. I’m sure Showtime will have all day against your 7 sacks on the season defense. Just give Tyreek a few seconds and he’ll be streaking behind your secondary. Even with the Canadian doctor out I don’t see you getting any pressure on Showtime. Wanna flush him out of the pocket? He'll burn you. Wanna keep him in the pocket because you can’t generate pressure? He’ll burn you. You don’t understand it yet, but it’s coming. And it’s gonna make what our old backup qb did to you in the SB look like child’s play.

dynamicHDR 10-09-2018 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 13802926)
Now that's some good info.

I expect with the linebacker and safety issues the Chiefs have that Julian Edleman will have about 15 catches but I'm not sure if they'll go deep enough to keep up.

The passes won't be deep, but given the inability of the Chiefs to tackle, and Edelman's ability to generate YAC, the end result will be the same.

Simply Red 10-09-2018 03:50 PM

Quote:

Look kid, the only thing you 'morph' is the air out of the football so tiny hands Tom can grip it.

PokerjesusAA 10-09-2018 03:51 PM

im really worried, new england is no joke.

RaidersOftheCellar 10-09-2018 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 13802942)
That’s fine. I’m sure Showtime will have all day against your 7 sacks on the season defense. Just give Tyreek a few seconds and he’ll be streaking behind your secondary. Even with the Canadian doctor out I don’t see you getting any pressure on Showtime. Wanna flush him out of the pocket? He'll burn you. Wanna keep him in the pocket because you can’t generate pressure? He’ll burn you. You don’t understand it yet, but it’s coming. And it’s gonna make what our old backup qb did to you in the SB look like child’s play.

Ah, yes. Foles. This will be our third QB to clown them in 2 years.

Coochie liquor 10-09-2018 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PokerjesusAA (Post 13802949)
im really worried, new england is no joke.

You need to relax and have a nice glass of antifreeze!

htismaqe 10-09-2018 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Beans (Post 13802937)
You sound very knowledgeable. What is it that Chung does best?

Destroys tight ends.

PAChiefsGuy 10-09-2018 04:00 PM

Pats do not have the speed on defense to stop our O consistently. Any objective Pat fan will admit that. Best they can hope for is to slow us down enough to win a shootout....

IMO Chiefs should win but again anything can happen. Pats are at home, need this win more than us, they have the GOAT QB and they are playing well right now so I can understand why they are the favorites and their homer fans are confident.

dynamicHDR 10-09-2018 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 13802942)

I think we will play a good deal of zone, but when in man, Gilmore will take Hill away, Jason McCourty should handle Watkins fairly well (we've always contained him, regardless of which CB we've put on him), Chung will take Kelce away, and the only guy that will be a problem will be Hunt vs our LBs. Against zone, I expect the Chiefs to have success with the short crossers in front of our LBs, but our best-in-the-NFL tackling should limit the YAC. The Chiefs will put up a ton of yards in between the 20s, but we'll make enough stops in the RZ. Whereas your defense that can't tackle or cover has no hope of stopping Gronk, Edelman, Gordon, White, or Michel.

lawrenceRaider 10-09-2018 04:00 PM

Just crush the cheatriots. Thanks