ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****The Felix Anudike-Uzomah Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=348536)

staylor26 11-29-2023 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 17250004)
You don’t think there were better picks on the board when FAU was picked?

Like who? Rashee Rice?

I mean, I'm sure you could find somebody that you could say that about. I've heard people say LaPorta, but that's just completely unrealistic. Nobody had him going in the 1st round, and it's just very unlikely that they would've taken a TE there with other needs.

Also, it's wayyyy too ****ing early for any of this.

I thought FAU was a great pick at the time, and still do. Hes buried on the depth chart because we have depth and talent at the position.

I swear some of you have no patient whatsoever with player development.

O.city 11-29-2023 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17250014)
Like who? Rashee Rice?

I mean, I'm sure you could find somebody that you could say that about. I've heard people say LaPorta, but that's just completely unrealistic. Nobody had him going in the 1st round, and it's just very unlikely that they would've taken a TE there with other needs.

I thought FAU was a great pick at the time, and still do. Hes buried on the depth chart because we have depth and talent at the position.

The issue I always have with redishirt stuff, is that you burn a cheap contract year, but in this case, it works fine.

LaPorta woulda been somewhat defensible...but meh, give me a pass rusher.

Warpaint69 11-29-2023 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17250014)
Like who? Rashee Rice?

Pass rushers are such a premium, you stock pile them when you can.

staylor26 11-29-2023 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17250024)
The issue I always have with redishirt stuff, is that you burn a cheap contract year, but in this case, it works fine.

LaPorta woulda been somewhat defensible...but meh, give me a pass rusher.

You aren't going to get an immediate impact from every single rookie. Last year spoiled us. We got it with Rice, so I have zero issue investing long term in a valuable position like edge rusher. Most edge rushers need a RS year, especially outside of the top 15. At least we still have the 5th year option too.

BigRedChief 11-29-2023 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17249895)
It's just a smart pick.

Even if he doesn't contribute this year, the value of having a cheap edge rusher is just too good.

I'd always be looking for a T/WR/DE in the first round. If there's no guy I really like at another spot, I'd take the best one of those on the board if all else fails. You can never have enough and if they develop, it's such a cost saving thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17249903)
Ideally, yeah, you've love to see him making contributions.

He's still young and is buried behind some good players. The benefit will pay off in the next couple years when they don't have to go pay DE's.

THIS!

Dana is playing well. But, he's gone after this season.

FAU is getting his reps in for next year when he will be starting. We will still have 4 years of rookie contract left to help with the cap.

RunKC 11-29-2023 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17249895)
It's just a smart pick.

Even if he doesn't contribute this year, the value of having a cheap edge rusher is just too good.

I'd always be looking for a T/WR/DE in the first round. If there's no guy I really like at another spot, I'd take the best one of those on the board if all else fails. You can never have enough and if they develop, it's such a cost saving thing.

Aside from Rashee Rice, this last draft was based on 2024.

Mike Danna is almost certainly gone. He will get a well deserved bump in pay that we can't match. Chris Jones is also a sticky situation. They're redshirting him like they did Dee Ford and that's certainly not a bad thing.

Rashee is Juju's replacement, Wanya is a guy I think they want to be a starting tackle next year and Conner represent a chess piece that does some of the blitzing/short coverage Sneed does while being a strong tackling SS presence that Justin Reid currently occupies.

O.city 11-29-2023 10:55 AM

I think they could look at extending Reid and getting his $ down.

For the most part, I agree. I really would like to keep Snead but I think you get more bang for your buck from Jones, but could be convinced either way.

Warpaint69 11-29-2023 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 17250048)
Aside from Rashee Rice, this last draft was based on 2024.

Mike Danna is almost certainly gone. He will get a well deserved bump in pay that we can't match. Chris Jones is also a sticky situation. They're redshirting him like they did Dee Ford and that's certainly not a bad thing.

Rashee is Juju's replacement, Wanya is a guy I think they want to be a starting tackle next year and Conner represent a chess piece that does some of the blitzing/short coverage Sneed does while being a strong tackling SS presence that Justin Reid currently occupies.

Wanya developing into a quality starter would be huge for the cap considering what they're paying Taylor and looming contracts with Creed and Trey. I'm sure I'm going to get flamed for saying this, but I'm not sure I'd pay Trey what he's going to want paid. I myself cannot honestly say he's developed much since his rookie season.

RealSNR 11-29-2023 06:33 PM

Keep in mind there were special Chiefs fans in 2017 who were jealous of the Texans and their loser QB who put up all kinds of meaningless garbage time yards/points while our QB was sitting on the bench

Hog's Gone Fishin 11-29-2023 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 17249586)
I usually like you but that’s just a dumbass statement. He’s a young developmental guy in a stacked dline room. Mahomes had far less production 11 games in. Must have been a bust too.

Nah, a 1st round pick should be on the field and producing. Comparing him with Mahomes being red shirted behind Alex Smith is Apples/Oranges.

Playing DE isn't a complicated job. Karlaftis made plays year 1. This guy has been invisible. He's actually had some snaps and nobody has ever called out his name.

staylor26 11-29-2023 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 17250858)
Nah, a 1st round pick should be on the field and producing. Comparing him with Mahomes being red shirted behind Alex Smith is Apples/Oranges.

Playing DE isn't a complicated job. Karlaftis made plays year 1. This guy has been invisible. He's actually had some snaps and nobody has ever called out his name.

Karlaftis played on a DL with no Danna (injured) or Omenihu, or a guy like Karlaftis.

The DE room is completely different, which is the irony of you talking about apples/oranges. Karlaftis was playing with 2 old guys that needed to be on a snap count. Totally different circumstances this year.

Also, there's not a position other than QB that is as difficult of a transition from college to the pros as DE.

Hog's Gone Fishin 11-29-2023 07:15 PM

https://www.footballguys.com/stats/s...m=KC&year=2023

Looks like he's played 136 snaps , has 1 sack

NOT GOOD!

Also, it looks like they were giving him a lot of snaps early in the season and then started limiting him the last 5 weeks. WHY ?

staylor26 11-29-2023 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 17250866)
https://www.footballguys.com/stats/s...m=KC&year=2023

Looks like he's played 136 snaps , has 1 sack

NOT GOOD!

Also, it looks like they were giving him a lot of snaps early in the season and then started limiting him the last 5 weeks. WHY ?

Because they got Omenihu back from suspension.

You know? The top free agent addition on defense.

Chris Meck 11-29-2023 07:21 PM

It's like there's some kind of Chiefsplanet merit badge you earn for being the first one to declare that some young player sucks.

Congratulations! You're a miserable wet shit with the patience of a gnat and zero understanding of context. Hope that works out for ya.

Bump 11-29-2023 07:26 PM

If he ends up being a bust, is drafting at the very end of the 1st round because you just won the Superbowl a good trade off for that pick being cursed for the Chiefs? I think so