ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****The Felix Anudike-Uzomah Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=348536)

WhawhaWhat 04-28-2023 11:35 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">My heart Is full today. <a href="https://twitter.com/fanudike?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@fanudike</a> <a href="https://t.co/MMu2jukHVF">pic.twitter.com/MMu2jukHVF</a></p>&mdash; Eric Thomas (@coachericthomas) <a href="https://twitter.com/coachericthomas/status/1651968261611716608?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 28, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

suzzer99 04-28-2023 11:38 AM

I want to see some good footage from his draft party. The bit they showed on ESPN was super grainy.

ToxSocks 04-28-2023 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 16922747)
He still has family and connections back to Bakersfield. Maybe my friend is wrong. He's been pretty reliable when it comes to NFL information. He went to school with David Carr and is still friends with him, so a lot of his information comes from him.

Ok, so your friend is full of shit. He completely made that up. He has absolutely no ties to Joey Porter JR, and is an entire generation removed from him.

David Carr doesn't live in Bakersfield, and probably hasn't lived in Bakersfield since he was drafted, and would also not have anything to do with Joey Porter Jr.

Again, Porter Jr. didn't even play ball in Bakersfield, he played HS ball in PA.

Skyy God 04-28-2023 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 16922756)
BUCK OWEN

Love me some Buck Owens.

Fun story: Porter Wagoner is from my OG hometown.

https://youtu.be/UGYE77y4qY4

Skyy God 04-28-2023 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 16922759)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">My heart Is full today. <a href="https://twitter.com/fanudike?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@fanudike</a> <a href="https://t.co/MMu2jukHVF">pic.twitter.com/MMu2jukHVF</a></p>&mdash; Eric Thomas (@coachericthomas) <a href="https://twitter.com/coachericthomas/status/1651968261611716608?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 28, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That dude is gonna punch through walls.

Mecca 04-28-2023 11:48 AM

I enjoyed that he said he went to his first game when Matt Cassel was the QB...I hope he cheered the injury.

raybec 4 04-28-2023 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 16922790)
I enjoyed that he said he went to his first game when Matt Cassel was the QB...I hope he cheered the injury.

Dithguthting

AdolfOliverBush 04-28-2023 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 16922748)
Frank Gifford and the Carr brothers are from Bakersfield

That must've been before they took a road trip to Wichita:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wichita_Massacre

saphojunkie 04-28-2023 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16922533)
Gotta figure out a way to just call him Uzi. He's replacing Clark...so it fits.

this post not being gold yet is the biggest travesty of the draft

bsp4444 04-28-2023 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 16922681)
He looks like he is standing still in the pictures I have seen

Try watching a video...he moves in a video.ROFL

saphojunkie 04-28-2023 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 16922756)
BUCK OWEN

MERLE HAGGARD

RaidersOftheCellar 04-28-2023 12:07 PM

Seems like a solid pick, although I haven't followed him closely.

The two that I think "got away" went to the Bills and Bengals, unfortunately.

TwistedChief 04-28-2023 12:27 PM

Seth Keysor takeaway:

Quote:

I had never reviewed a second of tape on Anudike-Uzomah prior to the draft, which puts me in a starkly different position than many Chiefs fans who also cheer for Kansas State (or cheer against Kansas State). He’s a different style of player than the other defensive linemen I reviewed heading into the draft, more of a natural edge rusher than an inside/outside guy. He’s also a player who wins more through flexibility/agility and average power than the other way around (high level power and average flexibility/agility).

After watching him, I’m very comfortable with the Chiefs grabbing him at 31. Excited even, as that potential in terms of bending the corner is something that can be built around. When you combine that with decent hand strength and a tireless motor, there’s potential there for a pretty varied edge rusher who can hold up against the run.

I do think that FAU’s floor might be lower than Murphy or Van Ness, but his ceiling is just as high given his ability to (potentially) threaten the edge in ways they can’t (well, MAYBE Murphy can, but he’s not as comfortable cornering as FAU). He’s a different sort of player than they already have on the roster, and to me that’s a good thing, as he may well be able to step in and eat up 600-800 edge rusher snaps out of the gate while working on the nuances of being a cornering defensive end. And that style may complement what Jones/Omenihu/Karlaftis/Danna do (pocket crushers) very well.

The Chiefs seem determined to keep the pass rush from taking a step back in 2023, and that’s a very good thing. And hey, grabbing a local guy who grew up cheering for the team? It’s hard to be mad at that.

Hydrae 04-28-2023 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talisman (Post 16922674)
I feel like there's something with the initials of his last name being the symbol for gold, but that's as far as I've gotten.

A shot of him with his arms crossed looking down at the camera. At the top Felix AU. At the bottom, That's GOLD!

Best I got.

raybec 4 04-28-2023 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 16922876)
Seth Keysor takeaway:

I respect Seth but all I really want to know is what's being said about Felix in Bakersfield. Everyone knows that place is a hot bed of NFL inside info.

The Franchise 04-28-2023 12:35 PM

A NASCAR package of Uzi - Jones - Omenihu - Karlaftis is pretty ****ing good.

saphojunkie 04-28-2023 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 16922891)
I respect Seth but all I really want to know is what's being said about Felix in Bakersfield. Everyone knows that place is a hot bed of NFL inside info.

Only reason FAU didn't go top five is teams know he is a top capo in the Gambino crime family. League circles know this but they respect the code of omerta.

htismaqe 04-28-2023 12:37 PM

Quote:

Seth Keysor takeaway:

:drool:

raybec 4 04-28-2023 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 16922896)
Only reason FAU didn't go top five is teams know he is a top capo in the Gambino crime family. League circles know this but they respect the code of omerta.

https://y.yarn.co/d923aa8e-d6b1-402f...a2989_text.gif

Sassy Squatch 04-28-2023 12:39 PM

That's probably going to be our main 3rd and long package, yeah?

staylor26 04-28-2023 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16922895)
A NASCAR package of Uzi - Jones - Omenihu - Karlaftis is pretty ****ing good.

Sexy.

staylor26 04-28-2023 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 16922903)
That's probably going to be our main 3rd and long package, yeah?

Yes with some Danna and Wharton sprinkled in.

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-28-2023 12:51 PM

I really love this pick. He can come from either edge and if teams think they'e going to run at us we now how a SOLID set of LB's to shut that down. The Tranquil pickup is going to be huge this season.

ReynardMuldrake 04-28-2023 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 16922759)

Sounds like he has that Jody Fortson style work ethic. That's good news.

Tribal Warfare 04-28-2023 01:13 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-aJ1kY7baCc" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Otter 04-28-2023 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 16921827)
You guys this is the PERFECT complement to furious George. Totally different skills set.

Hot hot hot.

I'm going with this take.

chiefzilla1501 04-28-2023 01:21 PM

So just as I suspected Steelers are getting flooded with offers for the #32 pick.

I have a feeling we held on to the pick instead of trading down because of the optics of making a big splash pick to end the night.

I’m mostly good with the pick. But it feels like we could’ve done that and landed the same pick.

staylor26 04-28-2023 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 16922985)
So just as I suspected Steelers are getting flooded with offers for the #32 pick.

I have a feeling we held on to the pick instead of trading down because of the optics of making a big splash pick to end the night.

I’m mostly good with the pick. But it feels like we could’ve done that and landed the same pick.

:facepalm:

ChiTown 04-28-2023 01:27 PM

Quote:

I don’t think that’s true. FAU was clearly the best remaining Edge. If that’s what the Chiefs wanted, they most likely weren’t going to see him once they traded down.

chiefzilla1501 04-28-2023 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 16922988)
:facepalm:

The chiefs got plenty of offers and we will see what the Steelers get in exchange. But it will always be fair to compare FAU to what we could’ve gotten in a trade down (which very likely could have still gotten us FAU).

Skyy God 04-28-2023 01:28 PM

Uzi put on 35 pounds since 2020.

Probably not maxed out physically.

chiefzilla1501 04-28-2023 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 16922994)
I don’t think that’s true. FAU was clearly the best remaining Edge. If that’s what the Chiefs wanted, they most likely weren’t going to see him once they traded down.

That’s possible. I’m not saying I’m outraged. I’m just wondering if it’s a factor. There were plenty of unsubstantiated rumors that clark wanted to keep his first rounder and that would’ve been a major buzzkill to all the chiefs fans who stayed the whole time. It’s just interesting to think about

RunKC 04-28-2023 01:38 PM

Quote:

I think that was important to Clark but not the end all be all.

The 5th yr option is very important. Getting a good young rusher like that for at least 5 years on the cheap is very valuable

Skyy God 04-28-2023 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 16923005)
That’s possible. I’m not saying I’m outraged. I’m just wondering if it’s a factor. There were plenty of unsubstantiated rumors that clark wanted to keep his first rounder and that would’ve been a major buzzkill to all the chiefs fans who stayed the whole time. It’s just interesting to think about

It clearly had to be a factor.

Clark is a company man and it would have been bad entertainment/fan service.

JPH83 04-28-2023 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 16922996)
The chiefs got plenty of offers and we will see what the Steelers get in exchange. But it will always be fair to compare FAU to what we could’ve gotten in a trade down (which very likely could have still gotten us FAU).

Just as likely people were trading up for a DE and FAU was their last guy in a tier. I think he's a step above guys like Foskey and Hall and there's a good chance the Chiefs and others did too.

htismaqe 04-28-2023 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 16923005)

All of those rumors were based on actual comments from both Veach and Clark. Both confirmed in subsequent interviews that it was an inside joke and nothing more. Veach had a green light to trade if he wanted to - it’s just that nobody wanted to deal with him.

staylor26 04-28-2023 01:43 PM

I think FAU can easily match Furious George's 6 sacks last year.

Those 2 are going to be fun to watch grow.

Titty Meat 04-28-2023 01:44 PM

Quote:

Son they are building a dynasty here not a feel good draft story for a weekend

Kiimo 04-28-2023 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unBelizable (Post 16922998)
Uzi put on 35 pounds since 2020.

Probably not maxed out physically.

So did I someone draft me

Chieftain 04-28-2023 01:49 PM

I read somewhere some scout saying Nolan Smith was soft and his explosiveness alone will not cut it in the NFL.
Draft is a crapshoot. You never really know how these prospects will pan out at the NFL level. Looking at Smith's face, he does look soft. The smile, the overall facial features.
Now compare that with Felix who looks mean and masculine. I like the mean looking mofos in my team.

TambaBerry 04-28-2023 01:53 PM

I can't believe anyone would actually believe that they wouldn't do what they think is best for the future of the team just to have a pick in the draft.

Megatron96 04-28-2023 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 16923018)
All of those rumors were based on actual comments from both Veach and Clark. Both confirmed in subsequent interviews that it was an inside joke and nothing more. Veach had a green light to trade if he wanted to - it’s just that nobody wanted to deal with him.

Looks like no one is going to trade fairly with Veach at this point. Call it SB tax. We probably have hit that stage now. Especially in the AFC. No one is going to willingly do anything that makes KC notably better, particularly when these teams know that they're going to be playing KC in the playoffs. If we're going to do a trade with an AFC team, they're going to charge a little more now.

Wisconsin_Chief 04-28-2023 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 16923050)
Looks like no one is going to trade fairly with Veach at this point. Call it SB tax. We probably have hit that stage now. Especially in the AFC. No one is going to willingly do anything that makes KC notably better, particularly when these teams know that they're going to be playing KC in the playoffs. If we're going to do a trade with an AFC team, they're going to charge a little more now.

We have absolutely reached that level. Everyone knows if Veach is trying to trade up, he has someone in mind that will significantly help the Chiefs, and nobody is going to be willing to allow us to get better on their dime.

Think back to when we made the trade for Mahomes, and how little we actually had to give up to get him. Nobody is going to let that happen again.

MahomesMagic 04-28-2023 02:13 PM

Quote:

Buffalo already gave us all we needed for a trade...

;)

Chris Meck 04-28-2023 02:16 PM

This is a really good pick at a position of need, one that's expensive, and we took a productive player with a ton of room to grow. That's pretty damned good at #31.

Kiimo 04-28-2023 02:22 PM

Yeah it's pretty damned good. I'd be pumped if Hyatt wasn't right there. I think he could have been special on this team.

Shields68 04-28-2023 02:25 PM

Quote:

Maybe Veach is the one...

But it is a more straight forward trade to to go after the first pick in the 2nd round vs a first rounder. Some may value that 5th year option totally different.

But really if a team is only wanting to give 4-6 rounders to move up a few spots that really is not going to be worth it. We need more quality picks then quantity.

Easy 6 04-28-2023 02:26 PM

I think its pretty damn sweet that we're his longtime favorite team

MahomesMagic 04-28-2023 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shields68 (Post 16923091)
Maybe Veach is the one...

But it is a more straight forward trade to to go after the first pick in the 2nd round vs a first rounder. Some may value that 5th year option totally different.

But really if a team is only wanting to give 4-6 rounders to move up a few spots that really is not going to be worth it. We need more quality picks then quantity.

It's much cheaper to move around in the 2nd.

DJ's left nut 04-28-2023 02:55 PM

Quote:

Veach was asked about trading down before the draft and said something along the lines of "Hey, we pick at/near the bottom of the round every year and you'd be surprised how few times we've really had teams come looking for that pick..."

I don't think his phone is ringing off the hook there. And if he's to be believed, Uzi was their top guy on the board and they didn't anticipate him still being available at the spots they were getting offers from so they pulled the trigger.

You really don't need to get any cuter than that here.

Dante84 04-28-2023 02:57 PM

Veach said he had calls coming in for #31, but that they were all in the 40's. He said that if they'd done that, then they'd have had to use the picks they earned to climb back up, so it wasn't worth it.

srvy 04-28-2023 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 16922191)
You probably did, but you're just stupid and forgot. I've heard of him multiple times.

:LOL:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HardClumsy...restricted.gif
https://media.tenor.com/mCTWYWI_gTkAAAAC/ameba.gif

tredadda 04-28-2023 03:16 PM

Quote:

You know what makes a bigger splash? SB parades. I don’t see Clark as a guy who forced Veach to draft someone in round 1 so he could feed his ego at the cost of getting the best players available.

tredadda 04-28-2023 03:17 PM

Quote:

Seth Keysor takeaway:

Get that man in the gym with George and Tamba to work on his hand technique!

chiefzilla1501 04-28-2023 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 16923018)

That’s why I said unsubstantiated. Yeah I don’t buy that veach would reach for a pick purely for show. And of course I doubt it had anything to do with ego. But you look at the splash they made to announce the pick (which was epic, not gonna lie) and it’s hard not to think it at least factored in. I’d have to think goodell gave a little nudge nudge. Like I said. Not at all outraged because it seems like a good pick even staying put. If Pitt does trade out it probably gives us a good idea of what was offered

The Franchise 04-28-2023 03:32 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Newest <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> player Felix Anudike-Uzomah visiting patients at Children’s Mercy this morning. K-State RB Deuce Vaughn also with him. (Pic Courtesy: Children’s Mercy) <a href="https://t.co/0N0BLB9lRk">pic.twitter.com/0N0BLB9lRk</a></p>&mdash; Harold R. Kuntz (@HaroldRKuntz3) <a href="https://twitter.com/HaroldRKuntz3/status/1652022971744043014?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 28, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

kccrow 04-28-2023 03:34 PM

I'm kind of with chiefzilla and some others on some of the thought processes here but not the ultimate, end game.

Veach mentioned 40's so I'm under the assumption that TEN, ATL, and WAS made inquiries to try to trade up for either Levis or Hooker.

Trading more than 10 spots down usually puts you on the losing end of the bargain though, historically speaking.

That said, I would have listened quite strongly to Tennessee's offer if that was one of the teams. Had they been offering 41 and 72 for say, 31 and 134 then I'd have had a hard time saying no. I think getting another pick in that 40-80 range would have been beneficial because I really like the strength of the draft in that zone.

Do I believe Veach actually had Felix as one of his 16/17 1st-round grades? Absolutely not. Do I think Felix would have been there at 41? Not necessarily but I probably would have given it a 50/50 shot. Obviously, Veach didn't think so. I think there was enough edge talent left that if that's where the team wanted to go I don't think there was much drop-off to a guy like Foskey or something but it's a moot point now.

As for all the pomp and circumstance and giving fans a show, I don't think KC should factor that into making a draft day decision for the good of the team. Perhaps they did, but I don't find it to be good business.

At the end of the day, I believe Veach about not wanting to drop so far down. As I said, it's not a good idea historically and Veach undoubtedly knows that.

Kiimo 04-28-2023 03:38 PM

Here's how I know I'm wrong on this guy.

I thought what if the Chiefs traded up in the second and got Hyatt still?

And then suddenly I thought how awesome this draft class would be immediately.

Whether we get Hyatt or not should not affect my enthusiasm for Felix. I'm just having sour grapes on a guy I think can be a superstar.

Renegade 04-28-2023 03:41 PM

Would FAU have still been there if there were 32 teams picking in the first round instead of 31? I believe he was there for us either at 31 or 32.

The Franchise 04-28-2023 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 16923185)
I'm kind of with chiefzilla and some others on some of the thought processes here but not the ultimate, end game.

Veach mentioned 40's so I'm under the assumption that TEN, ATL, and WAS made inquiries to try to trade up for either Levis or Hooker.

Trading more than 10 spots down usually puts you on the losing end of the bargain though, historically speaking.

That said, I would have listened quite strongly to Tennessee's offer if that was one of the teams. Had they been offering 41 and 72 for say, 31 and 134 then I'd have had a hard time saying no. I think getting another pick in that 40-80 range would have been beneficial because I really like the strength of the draft in that zone.

Do I believe Veach actually had Felix as one of his 16/17 1st-round grades? Absolutely not. Do I think Felix would have been there at 41? Not necessarily but I probably would have given it a 50/50 shot. Obviously, Veach didn't think so. I think there was enough edge talent left that if that's where the team wanted to go I don't think there was much drop-off to a guy like Foskey or something but it's a moot point now.

As for all the pomp and circumstance and giving fans a show, I don't think KC should factor that into making a draft day decision for the good of the team. Perhaps they did, but I don't find it to be good business.

At the end of the day, I believe Veach about not wanting to drop so far down. As I said, it's not a good idea historically and Veach undoubtedly knows that.

If you're taking that offer from the Titans....then you're for sure giving up your other 4th round pick to try and move back up today from 41.

MahomesMagic 04-28-2023 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 16923185)

Veach really liked Felix. He made it seem like Felix was next highest after 1st round guys with QBs removed.

srvy 04-28-2023 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 16922737)
I simply can not tell you what a gigantic shit hole Bakersfield is.

Never trust anything someone says if they're from Bakersfield. To give you an idea, I think their biggest celebrity is that Eatdatpussy freak show

https://64.media.tumblr.com/eb821a7d...jo4_r1_400.gif

kccrow 04-28-2023 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16923204)
If you're taking that offer from the Titans....then you're for sure giving up your other 4th round pick to try and move back up today from 41.

Maybe but I think I'd have let the board fall to me at that point with it in my mind that either Benton or Hyatt might be there at 41. Probably would have saved that 4th to move off 63 a bit to get up into the mid 50's.

kccrow 04-28-2023 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 16923194)
Here's how I know I'm wrong on this guy.

I thought what if the Chiefs traded up in the second and got Hyatt still?

And then suddenly I thought how awesome this draft class would be immediately.

Whether we get Hyatt or not should not affect my enthusiasm for Felix. I'm just having sour grapes on a guy I think can be a superstar.

I'm with you. I really, really wanted Hyatt a lot more than Felix. It's not even that I don't like Felix because I really do.

ToxSocks 04-28-2023 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 16923231)
I'm with you. I really, really wanted Hyatt a lot more than Felix. It's not even that I don't like Felix because I really do.

I personally think Hyatt goes around mid 2nd. He'll be in striking distance for the Chiefs. I'd just as soon draft Trey Palmer though than give up picks to move up for Hyatt.

Dante84 04-28-2023 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16923184)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Newest <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> player Felix Anudike-Uzomah visiting patients at Children’s Mercy this morning. K-State RB Deuce Vaughn also with him. (Pic Courtesy: Children’s Mercy) <a href="https://t.co/0N0BLB9lRk">pic.twitter.com/0N0BLB9lRk</a></p>&mdash; Harold R. Kuntz (@HaroldRKuntz3) <a href="https://twitter.com/HaroldRKuntz3/status/1652022971744043014?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 28, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Felix and Deuce are best friends.

I swear to God if we end up with both of them...

Kiimo 04-28-2023 03:59 PM

I just think Hyatt is a lot faster than his 40 with a sore hammy. He still ran 4.4 but some were thinking he might run in the 4.2 range.

His tape is just him blowing everyone out of the water and if anything I think he's underrated.

Remember this play?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DE5DtEuuV2Y" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We no longer have anyone with that kind of speed. Hyatt has it.

Iconic 04-28-2023 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16923184)

idgaf ab the size concerns. give me mini mccaffrey aka deuce vaughn on day 3 and make this draft the greatest kc draft ever PLS

kccrow 04-28-2023 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 16923235)
I personally think Hyatt goes around mid 2nd. He'll be in striking distance for the Chiefs. I'd just as soon draft Trey Palmer though than give up picks to move up for Hyatt.

Depends on what you consider "striking distance."

Tennessee and Atlanta are pretty ideal landing spots.

ToxSocks 04-28-2023 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 16923246)
Depends on what you consider "striking distance."

Tennessee and Atlanta are pretty ideal landing spots.

I don't know that he's their cup of tea though. Both those teams seem to prefer size and strength over the lean speedsters.

kccrow 04-28-2023 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 16923248)
I don't know that he's their cup of tea though. Both those teams seem to prefer size and strength over the lean speedsters.

They both need a Z to go with their X. He's aces in that role.

Dante84 04-28-2023 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 16923241)
I just think Hyatt is a lot faster than his 40 with a sore hammy. He still ran 4.4 but some were thinking he might run in the 4.2 range.

His tape is just him blowing everyone out of the water and if anything I think he's underrated.

Remember this play?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DE5DtEuuV2Y" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We no longer have anyone with that kind of speed. Hyatt has it.

I like Hyatt's speed too, but one of the videos I watched a while back posed some legitimate questions about his talent due to the fact that many, many of his big plays, yards, and stats came from coverage busts as opposed to him beating coverage through his skills. There were tons of highlights of him just running his route to open field while a dipshit corner or safety ran the wrong direction. He was also very rarely pressed, so there's questions about his ability to beat that.

That said, he does have elite traits in terms of speed/size combo, it's just that there are unanswered questions that someone will have to gamble on.

Dunerdr 04-28-2023 04:06 PM

“You don’t want to trade with us? Ok watch pick 31 I’ve got something for you!” *Carrie’s out 3 SB trophies*

What a ****ing flex.

carcosa 04-28-2023 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconic (Post 16923245)
idgaf ab the size concerns. give me mini mccaffrey aka deuce vaughn on day 3 and make this draft the greatest kc draft ever PLS

Pacheco x Deuce would be a really fun 1-2 punch

ToxSocks 04-28-2023 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 16923256)
I like Hyatt's speed too, but one of the videos I watched a while back posed some legitimate questions about his talent due to the fact that many, many of his big plays, yards, and stats came from coverage busts as opposed to him beating coverage through his skills. There were tons of highlights of him just running his route to open field while a dipshit corner or safety ran the wrong direction. He was also very rarely pressed, so there's questions about his ability to beat that.

That said, he does have elite traits in terms of speed/size combo, it's just that there are unanswered questions that someone will have to gamble on.

If you're a Hyatt guy i don't see how you aren't a Palmer guy too. They're damn near the same player with the same kind of questions, except i think Palmer showed more on "film" than Hyatt did.

I will say though that Hyatt tested much better than Palmer in those explosive lower body categories such as broad jump and vertical. Palmer's tested vertical is atrocious. That's troublesome. But then when you watch him, he doesn't appear to be a guy who struggles to elevate for a ball.

But just as Hyatt looks faster than he timed on "tape", Palmer looks more explosive than he tested on "tape".

They're both 6' tall speedsters except Palmer has 20 lbs on Hyatt and bigger hands.

Their 10 yard splits are pretty much identical.

But when you look at the film, Palmer has a lot more NFL-esque plays than Hyatt has.

Mecca 04-28-2023 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 16923267)

There's a reasonable chance Deuce Vaughn won't get drafted.

kccrow 04-28-2023 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 16923270)
If you're a Hyatt guy i don't see how you aren't a Palmer guy too. They're damn near the same player with the same kind of questions, except i think Palmer showed more on "film" than Hyatt did.

I will say though that Hyatt tested much better than Palmer in those explosive lower body categories such as broad jump and vertical. Palmer's tested vertical is atrocious. That's troublesome. But then when you watch him, he doesn't appear to be a guy who struggles to elevate for a ball.

But just as Hyatt looks faster than he timed on "tape", Palmer looks more explosive than he tested on "tape".

They're both 6' tall speedsters except Palmer has 20 lbs on Hyatt and bigger hands.

Their 10 yard splits are pretty much identical.

But when you look at the film, Palmer has a lot more NFL-esque plays than Hyatt has.

Hyatt has better hands, better acceleration, and better agility by a country mile over Palmer. It's so not even close for me. Palmer is probably an early day 3 guy.

kccrow 04-28-2023 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 16923267)

Fun until his midget ass gets broken in half by an NFL DT. I see no positive in a 5'5" 170-pound RB outside of a gadget player and kick returner.

ThyKingdomCome15 04-28-2023 04:18 PM

I'm preferring the Kansas City Chiefs today.

ToxSocks 04-28-2023 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 16923274)
Hyatt has better hands, better acceleration, and better agility by a country mile over Palmer. It's so not even close for me. Palmer is probably an early day 3 guy.

Same 10 yard split. So you can't really say better acceleration.

And Palmer ran a laser timed 4.33, so his speed is indisputable unlike Hyatt who ran a pair of 4.4's and then opted not to run at the his Pro Day. I guess you really have to believe his "hamstring tightness" excuse. Idk.

AND we've seen Palmer as a kick returner and he's electric. So there's value there. Has Hyatt done that? Idk, that's a serious question.

Hyatt is not a guy who makes people miss with the ball in his hands. Neither is Palmer, really.

They're both pretty much in the mold of Mecole Hardman and it's easy to see the Chiefs making use of either of them.

I think Palmer is a late 2nd to 3rd round guy.