ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Star Wars: The Mandalorian (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=317951)

keg in kc 12-29-2019 08:00 PM

That's one of the things I'm wanting to dig into on re-watch. That closing scene is there for a reason, and that character, whoever it is, probably appears somewhere earlier in the episode.

I want to figure out who the Armorer is, too. I saw Death Watch insignia when young Din was rescued, and the character that Favreau voiced was listed in the credits as a Visla. So the Tribe is connected to some big names from Clone Wars and Rebels.

Going to be fun seeing where this whole thing goes, whether The Mandalorian ends up uniting the remnants of the whole culture.

My question is where the bit about never removing the helmet comes from. Because Mandalorians we saw in Cline Wars and Rebels had their helmets off as much as they have them on. So maybe The Tribe is an older, more primitive or traditional cult.

Sure-Oz 12-29-2019 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14684592)
That's one of the things I'm wanting to dig into on re-watch. That closing scene is there for a reason, and that character, whoever it is, probably appears somewhere earlier in the episode.

I want to figure out who the Armorer is, too. I saw Death Watch insignia when young Din was rescued, and the character that Favreau voiced was listed in the credits as a Visla. So the Tribe is connected to some big names from Clone Wars and Rebels.

Going to be fun seeing where this whole thing goes, whether The Mandalorian ends up uniting the remnants of the whole culture.

My question is where the bit about never removing the helmet comes from. Because Mandalorians we saw in Clone Wars and Rebels had their helmets off as much as they have them on. So maybe The Tribe is an older, more primitive or traditional cult.

Wonder if they'd go Bobo Fett? Idk..he has boots like the right? I just started clone wars series as well. I saw there is a chronological order on the net I should watch it in rather than the release order on d+. Going to fire up Rebels after that. I've heard that dark saber was in that series?

I hope they talk more about the mandolrian helmet rule too. That leader was a badass too... hopefully she made it.

Curious where this baby Yoda story will go.

Buehler445 12-30-2019 12:35 AM

God I love this show. Are we a year out from the next season?

There was an awful lot of good in this and not much bad.

I'm going to definitely rewatch this. A lot. In the face.

mdchiefsfan 12-30-2019 07:11 AM

Put in spoilers just in case (regarding curiosities about the timeline of the story)

Spoiler!

TambaBerry 12-30-2019 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 14685282)
Put in spoilers just in case (regarding curiosities about the timeline of the story)

Spoiler!

its a different one

Buehler445 12-30-2019 08:28 AM

Quote:

Spoiler!

They didn’t provide it a name so they called it Baby Yoda. It’s not Yoda.

BigRedChief 12-30-2019 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14685322)
They didn’t provide it a name so they called it Baby Yoda. It’s not Yoda.

Right, casual fans like the name and baby Yoda but dont realize its not the baby Yoda from the movies.

Do we even know if he's just a member of Yoda's race, something similar or a clone?

Also, Disney is saying they know the name of Baby Yoda but withheld it for suspense purposes. I call BS. Disney had no clue Baby Yoda was going to blow up like this or they would have flooded the Christmas market with Baby Yoda merchandise.

ShiftyEyedWaterboy 12-30-2019 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14685372)

Also, Disney is saying they know the name of Baby Yoda but withheld it for suspense purposes. I call BS. Disney had no clue Baby Yoda was going to blow up like this or they would have flooded the Christmas market with Baby Yoda merchandise.

He plays such a central role I think they knew exactly what they had. Or at least knew what they wanted from him. The decision to forego insane holiday sales is a little curious, though.

RustShack 12-30-2019 06:50 PM

Quote:

Spoiler!

It’s not Yoda, it’s a different person of the same race. Their race fought the Mandalorians in the past. That’s why he said “he’s my enemy?”

BigRedChief 12-30-2019 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 14686422)
It’s not Yoda, it’s a different person of the same race. Their race fought the Mandalorians in the past. That’s why he said “he’s my enemy?”

As far as I understand it, the Mandalorians are not a race.

Tribal Warfare 12-30-2019 07:44 PM

Quote:

The female blacksmith was referring to the Jedi which was also acknowledged in Star Wars Rebels when the busted out an impulse lasso to offset Force Push/Pull during the Jedi's war with the Mandalorians

Buehler445 12-30-2019 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14686500)
As far as I understand it, the Mandalorians are not a race.

The Jedi fought the Mandalorian civilization because they made war with everyone.

DaneMcCloud 12-30-2019 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14685372)
Right, casual fans like the name and baby Yoda but dont realize its not the baby Yoda from the movies.

Do we even know if he's just a member of Yoda's race, something similar or a clone?

Disney deliberately withheld the merchandising because they didn’t want to ruin the surprise and fight the Twitter Trolls before a single episode even aired.

They knew it would be a smash, which is why Season Two was Greenlit and written long before Season One even aired.

The demand for “Baby Yoda” merchandising isn’t expected to wane because it wasn’t available for Christmas 2019. It’ll be available ahead of Season 2 and will likely be in greater demand during the 2020 Christmas season.

Baby Lee 12-30-2019 10:00 PM

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media...vvjzczbsf5.png

Sure-Oz 12-30-2019 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 14686783)

Lol

BigRedChief 12-30-2019 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14686679)
Disney deliberately withheld the merchandising because they didn’t want to ruin the surprise and fight the Twitter Trolls before a single episode even aired.

They knew it would be a smash, which is why Season Two was Greenlit and written long before Season One even aired.

The demand for “Baby Yoda” merchandising isn’t expected to wane because it wasn’t available for Christmas 2019. It’ll be available ahead of Season 2 and will likely be in greater demand during the 2020 Christmas season.

:thumb: thanks for the explanation. I figured there was no way Disney would miss a trick to print more money. They were just playing the long game.

Valiant 12-30-2019 11:17 PM

Quote:

I took that as the jedi.

Valiant 12-30-2019 11:20 PM

And was that the legendary darksaber?

Tribal Warfare 12-31-2019 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 14686859)
And was that the legendary darksaber?

Hence, believing that Sabine Wren's clan were victims of mass genocide.

The Dark Sabre is sacred to Mandalorians

Deberg_1990 12-31-2019 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14686679)

Yea I think your right. It was interesting how they hid the baby Yoda thing in all the pre debut marketing and buildup.

seaofred 12-31-2019 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 14686856)
I took that as the jedi.

I took it, that "Baby Yoda" had a bounty, so everyone the Mado tracks with a bounty, is his enemy.

Buehler445 12-31-2019 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaofred (Post 14687047)
I took it, that "Baby Yoda" had a bounty, so everyone the Mado tracks with a bounty, is his enemy.

Nah. The blacksmith was talking about how another of his race used the force in their destruction. She meant Yoda and/or Jedi.

keg in kc 12-31-2019 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 14686918)

Sabine gave the Darksaber to Bo-Katan Kryze, sister to the late Duchess Satine Kryze, former leader of Mandalore. Bo-Katan then united clans Eldar, Kryze, Rook and Viszla under her banner. So it's likely that Gideon wiped out pretty much everyone, not just Clan Wren.

And as far as we know, Sabine (and Ahsoka) is still out there trying to find Ezra. She might not even know what's happened to the Mandalorians.

I'm wondering if The Tribe is some obscure Mandalorian religious cult. When dealing with the Jawas he mentions that 'weapons are my religion', the Armorer calls everything she makes him these flowery names, and they never take their helmets off. I'd need to re-watch Clone Wars to be sure, but I don't remember Mandalorians on that show or on Rebels behaving like that.

Tribal Warfare 12-31-2019 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14687932)
Sabine gave the Darksaber to Bo-Katan Kryze, sister to the late Duchess Satine Kryze, former leader of Mandalore. Bo-Katan then united clans Eldar, Kryze, Rook and Viszla under her banner. So it's likely that Gideon wiped out pretty much everyone, not just Clan Wren.

And as far as we know, Sabine (and Ahsoka) is still out there trying to find Ezra. She might not even know what's happened to the Mandalorians.

I'm wondering if The Tribe is some obscure Mandalorian religious cult. When dealing with the Jawas he mentions that 'weapons are my religion', the Armorer calls everything she makes him these flowery names, and they never take their helmets off. I'd need to re-watch Clone Wars to be sure, but I don't remember Mandalorians on that show or on Rebels behaving like that.

I wonder how the show will dictate the narrative if Baby Yoda is trained Mandalorian and Jedi. Since Anakin's light sabre called to Rey then the Dark Sabre will do the same with Baby Yoda when the time beckons

Hammock Parties 12-31-2019 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 14687994)
I wonder how the show will dictate the narrative if Baby Yoda is trained Mandalorian and Jedi. Since Anakin's light sabre called to Rey then the Dark Sabre will do the same with Baby Yoda when the time beckons

none of this is happening

jon favreau isn't a hamfisted moron like JJ

baby yoda will likely remain...baby

DaneMcCloud 12-31-2019 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 14686918)

Keg was correct: Sabine gave the Darksaber to Bo-Katan. It was no longer in Sabine's possession so if anyone was killed, it was Bo-Katan or her heirs.

Filoni has hinted recently that Ahsoka Tano is alive during The Mandalorian time period, so it's possible, if not likely, that Sabine Wren is alive as well.

keg in kc 12-31-2019 07:22 PM

What Jedi could he look for? They're even more rare than Mandalorians. So rare that he obviously knew nothing about then when the story began, whereas everyone on any planet in the Galaxy calls him Mando on sight immediately.

He didn't recognize force powers in action, had no idea what had happened with the Mudhorn. He didn't appear to even know the word Jedi until the Armorer finally told him about the enemy sorcerers. This is a successful bounty hunter, here, and he's never even heard of Jedi.

So my guess is he's looking for a planet of Yoda's next, not just random Jedi. But maybe random Jedi is all he can find, seeing as in all Star Wars canon, all we've ever seen is Yoda, Yaddle and the baby.

Do we even know that the baby is a real baby and not a clone or something else.

In any case, if he's maybe a toddler, at best, at 50, this story isn't about baby Yoda's training. Because he won't even be angsty teen Yoda until long after Mando is dead. Baby yoda is probably just an initial puzzle piece leading us to someone or something else. There's no way this turns into the adventures of Mando and his Mandalorian Yoda partner.

keg in kc 12-31-2019 07:27 PM

Some have suggested that Sabine herself is the Armorer, but that doesn't make any sense to me.

I'd be kind of surprised if she doesn't show up at some point in this story. Would be really cool if they could just use Tiya Sircar.

Tribal Warfare 12-31-2019 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14688261)
What Jedi could he look for? They're even more rare than Mandalorians. So rare that he obviously knew nothing about then when the story began, whereas everyone on any planet in the Galaxy calls him Mando on sight immediately.

He didn't recognize force powers in action, had no idea what had happened with the Mudhorn. He didn't appear to even know the word Jedi until the Armorer finally told him about the enemy sorcerers. This is a successful bounty hunter, here, and he's never even heard of Jedi.

So my guess is he's looking for a planet of Yoda's next, not just random Jedi. But maybe random Jedi is all he can find, seeing as in all Star Wars canon, all we've ever seen is Yoda, Yaddle and the baby.

In any case, if he's maybe a toddler, at best, at 50, this story isn't about baby Yoda's training. Because he won't even be angsty teen Yoda until long after Mando is dead. Baby yoda is probably just an initial puzzle piece leading us to someone or something else. There's no way this turns into the adventures of Mando and his Mandalorian Yoda partner.

Luke Skywalker Ezra, and Lea are still out there

Nick Nolte's character confirmed he wasn't a clone

As I said before the original Episode VII treatment was going to be held 1000 years after ROJ future with Baby Yoda Filoni and Farveau may rectify a version of that

Mind you, I didn't even know they were using "Baby Yoda"

keg in kc 12-31-2019 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 14688271)
Luke Skywalker Ezra, and Lea are still out there

Yes, but again, he obviously doesn't know anything about them. They may not even be publicly acknowledged as force users. And, again, he didn't know there was such a thing as a force user until he found baby Yoda.

On the flip side, there's obviously other Yoda's out there, unless thinks this one just appeared out of thin air.

So what is he going to search for? Mythical Jedi that he learned about roughly 5 minutes ago? Or more creatures like this actual child he's been flying ariund with? What's going to be more real to him, more substantial?

If it were me (and obviously it's not) I'd have him search for more Yoda's and then stumble across some Jedi in th process. Maybe even have the Jedi search him out, after hearing rumors about this cute little green child.

To me this seems like a great opportunity to develop lore on Yoda's race. Jedi are getting enough screen time in the Skywalker films.

Tribal Warfare 12-31-2019 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14688282)
Yes, but again, he obviously doesn't know anything about them. They may not even be publicly acknowledged as force users. And, again, he didn't know there was such a thing as a force user until he found baby Yoda.

On the flip side, there's obviously other Yoda's out there, unless thinks this one just appeared out of thin air.

If his mother Yaddle(Jedi Master), and Baby Yoda who is 50 years old same age as Anakin (immaculate birth) and and as naturally powerful other force users will attempt seek him out too (other Yodas and light side users) in other words his very presence will attract them . the conflict will be users who have a malicious intent will engage to "collect" him believing it's destiny to find him because he's the true Chosen One.

Quote:

So what is he going to search for? Mythical Jedi that he learned about roughly 5 minutes ago? Or more creatures like this actual child he's been flying ariund with? What's going to be more real to him, more substantial?

If it were me (and obviously it's not) I'd have him search for more Yoda's and then stumble across some Jedi in th process. Maybe even have the Jedi search him out, after hearing rumors about this cute little green child.

To me this seems like a great opportunity to develop lore on Yoda's race. Jedi are getting enough screen time in the Skywalker films.
I agree, but, in the end it will be centered around finding Skywalker The Chosen Son( The Mcguffin till TLJ) because ultimately The Child finds him like the gravitational pull of a star until they leap forward in a different era .

They'll run into former students and Knights of Ren

George Lucas has said he wants to keep Yoda and his past which also includes his species a mystery like The Man with No Name, or the Blind Samurai

NJChiefsFan 12-31-2019 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14680985)
Absolutely awesome, but the story was mostly written already. We knew how it ended. It leaned heavily upon ANH and established characters.

We don't know how the Mando started or ended and it mostly only depends on entirely new characters.

Which is why it gets my vote for THE BEST ****ING THING EVER since '83.

That's fair.

BigRedChief 01-01-2020 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14688261)

this takes place 15 years after Return of the Jedi and 15 years before Luke starts the new Jedi school, correct?

Tribal Warfare 01-01-2020 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14688506)
this takes place 15 years after Return of the Jedi and 15 years before Luke starts the new Jedi school, correct?

5 years after ROJ, hence Luke is a beacon for any force sensitive being

BigRedChief 01-01-2020 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14688073)
none of this is happening

jon favreau isn't a hamfisted moron like JJ

baby yoda will likely remain...baby

until Disney can prove it knows how to tell a Star Wars story correctly, they need to stop doing and planning trilogies.

And when they do green light one, Favreau needs to be in charge of the storyline.

DaneMcCloud 01-01-2020 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14688540)
until Disney can prove it knows how to tell a Star Wars story correctly, they need to stop doing and planning trilogies.

And when they do green light one, Favreau needs to be in charge of the storyline.

FYI, Dave Filoni is the Co-Executive Producer, Co-Screenwriter and directed two of the "Chapters" this season, including the Debut Chapter 1.

IMO, this series feels more like a Dave Filoni Produced/Written series than anything Favreau's done in the past.

For my money, it's basically a Live-Action version of The Clone Wars series with new characters.

The beats are exactly the same between both series.

Deberg_1990 01-01-2020 04:24 PM

So apparently they are casting for a young Luke Skywalker for the Young Obi Wan series.

So they knew each other when Luke was young????? I never picked up on that at all.

DaneMcCloud 01-01-2020 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 14689095)
So apparently they are casting for a young Luke Skywalker for the Young Obi Wan series.

So they knew each other when Luke was young????? I never picked up on that at all.

Luke knew Ben Kenobi in A New Hope and immediately recognized him after the Tusken Raiders attacked him while searching for R2.

Kenobi kept a close watch on Luke when he was young, which was evident in the final season of Star Wars Rebels.

Hammock Parties 01-01-2020 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 14689095)

There are only a half dozen lines in ANH referencing it. LMAO

BigRedChief 01-01-2020 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14689022)
FYI, Dave Filoni is the Co-Executive Producer, Co-Screenwriter and directed two of the "Chapters" this season, including the Debut Chapter 1.

IMO, this series feels more like a Dave Filoni Produced/Written series than anything Favreau's done in the past.

For my money, it's basically a Live-Action version of The Clone Wars series with new characters.

The beats are exactly the same between both series.

Filoni was the one responsible for Act III of Rogue One, correct?

DaneMcCloud 01-01-2020 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14689383)
Filoni was the one responsible for Act III of Rogue One, correct?

No, that was Tony Gilroy, who will write and direct the Rogue One prequel series.

Until The Mandalorian, Dave Filoni was the show runner, director and writer of The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels and Star Wars Resistance, all animated series.

The Mandalorian is is his first foray into Live Action Star Wars.

BigRedChief 01-02-2020 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14689474)
No, that was Tony Gilroy, who will write and direct the Rogue One prequel series.

Wait! What? There is going to be a Rogue One series on Disney+ done by the guy responsible for act III?PBJ

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14689474)
Until The Mandalorian, Dave Filoni was the show runner, director and writer of The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels and Star Wars Resistance, all animated series.

The Mandalorian is is his first foray into Live Action Star Wars.

We seem to have the same taste in what works and doesn't in the Star Wars universe. If you think its going to be in good hands with Filoni, thats good enough for me.

DeepPurple 01-02-2020 10:19 AM

I'm not up on Star Wars, the last one I saw was Empire Strikes Back around '84, I always liked the scary aspects of Alien and Aliens. Anyway, this might be old news but I was on Amazon and saw this advertised yesterday, them along with several other stores are taking pre-orders. Apparently there are two versions, 7" tall and another at 11" tall. I believe this is the larger one, or maybe I'm mistaken and someone can tell me the difference. They're both $24.99

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....AC_SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0825SNHP1...v_ov_lig_dp_it

On Walmart they have the 7-1/2" version for pre-order.

https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/dbc...d&odnBg=ffffff

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Star-Wars...2020/821173151

keg in kc 01-02-2020 03:32 PM

It's a prequel series focused on Cassian Andor as a shady rebellion spy.

DaneMcCloud 01-03-2020 05:38 PM

I can't believe that it's not been brought up here or anywhere else on the internet (or at least that I can find):

Moff Gideon's attire

He's wearing all black, including a black cape and an armored breast plate that painted/adorned exactly like Vader's Controls on his armored breast plate.

Is he a Sith follower, apprentice or an Acolyte of the Beyond? Was he sent on mission to retrieve Baby Yoda by Snoke? Or maybe another Imperial, such as Admiral Thrawn (who's story has not ended)?

I'm really shocked that there hasn't been any discussion about his attire, which to me is clearly deliberate and definitely sets up Season 2.

Tribal Warfare 01-03-2020 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14692400)
I can't believe that it's not been brought up here or anywhere else on the internet (or at least that I can find):

Moff Gideon's attire

He's wearing all black, including a black cape and an armored breast plate that painted/adorned exactly like Vader's Controls on his armored breast plate.

Is he a Sith follower, apprentice or an Acolyte of the Beyond? Was he sent on mission to retrieve Baby Yoda by Snoke? Or maybe another Imperial, such as Admiral Thrawn (who's story has not ended)?

I'm really shocked that there hasn't been any discussion about his attire, which to me is clearly deliberate and definitely sets up Season 2.

We did, glazed over elements of to Knights of Ren with a zealots mentality of getting the Child with the possibility of being the Chosen One since he and Anakin were born the same year.

Hammock Parties 01-03-2020 05:54 PM

Snoke LMAO

No one is touching JJ's stupid shit

as for his armor, i think its pretty standard imperial armor like veers wore, just black

https://cdn3.volusion.com/ondfq.dtex...che=1572121739

https://i1.wp.com/lylesmoviefiles.co...81%2C498&ssl=1

also has some TIE pilot armor influence

https://www.sideshow.com/storage/pro...d9d301da01.jpg

DaneMcCloud 01-03-2020 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14692441)
Snoke LMAO

No one is touching JJ's stupid shit

Why are you even posting in these threads?

We all get it: You hated RoS.

Shitting on every Star Wars thread will not change a thing and those of us who enjoy discussing the films and TV series don't need your constant negative comments.

Thanks for abstaining in the future.

Hammock Parties 01-03-2020 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14692448)

Shitting on every Star Wars thread will not change a thing and those of us who enjoy discussing the films and TV series don't need your constant negative comments.

Don't think so - there is a clear disconnect between what's happening in the Mando and the absurd shit JJ cooked up.

Snoke won't ever be mentioned again and nor will Palpatine is my guess.

DaneMcCloud 01-03-2020 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14692441)
as for his armor, i think its pretty standard imperial armor like veers wore, just black

Good eye!

The difference is that Gideon's have no functionality, whereas the Tie Fighter's armor has some, which I assume has to do with oxygen control in case the hull is breached.

Tribal Warfare 01-03-2020 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14692448)

Yeah it is what it is, JJ/RJ both screwed the pooch.

It's up to Farveau and Filoni to make the story coherent because of that and somehow do a soft retcon with Baby Yoda

DaneMcCloud 01-03-2020 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14692466)
Don't think so - there is a clear disconnect between what's happening in the Mando and the absurd shit JJ cooked up.

Snoke won't ever be mentioned again and nor will Palpatine is my guess.

Favreau was well aware of the RoS script while writing and shooting Season 1 of the Mandalorian, which also has a connection to RoS.

The "value" of the "asset" has been mentioned many times throughout Season 1 so if there IS a connection to RoS, it's most likely that The Sith Eternal are searching for a powerful Force User in order to resurrect Darth Sidious.

Who better to capture than a Force user that's the same species as Yoda?

Hammock Parties 01-03-2020 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14692480)
Favreau was well aware of the RoS script while writing and shooting Season 1 of the Mandalorian, which also has a connection to RoS.

The "value" of the "asset" has been mentioned many times throughout Season 1 so if there IS a connection to RoS, it's most likely that The Sith Eternal are searching for a powerful Force User in order to resurrect Darth Sidious.

Who better to capture than a Force user that's the same species as Yoda?

Sounds like total ****ing bullshit to me.

Hammock Parties 01-03-2020 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 14692472)
Yeah it is what it is, JJ/RJ both screwed the pooch.

It's up to Farveau and Filoni to make the story coherent because of that and somehow do a soft retcon with Baby Yoda

or just do their own story - not everything has to connect

Tribal Warfare 01-03-2020 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14692486)

Unfortunately you can't, because they included force sensitive characters in the Skywalker time frame.

Hammock Parties 01-03-2020 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 14692498)
Unfortunately you can't, because they included force sensitive characters in the Skywalker time frame.

Bullshit.

DaneMcCloud 01-03-2020 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14692482)
Sounds like total ****ing bullshit to me.

The EU has always existed to "Fill in the blanks" left by the movies.

We've seen it in the novels, comics and animated series, which will continue with the upcoming TV series and subsequent seasons of The Mandalorian.

Tribal Warfare 01-03-2020 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14692501)
Bullshit.

If they used a narrative excluding any force users then Farveau and Filoni could've had free reign in the Skywalker era.

DaneMcCloud 01-03-2020 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14692486)

Everything will connect, one way or another.

Technically speaking, the original Zahn series could be made into a TV series or trilogy of films and still connect, without issue, to 7-9.

Hammock Parties 01-03-2020 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 14692514)
If they used a narrative excluding any force users then Farveau and Filoni could've had free reign in the Skywalker era.

baby yoda doesn't have to have anything to do with palpatine or snoke or anything

he can just be baby yoda

in fact, it's better if he is

keg in kc 01-03-2020 06:31 PM

I'll try to give a closer look once I get to episodes 7 and 8 on my re-watch, bit my initial reaction to Gideon's clothing was that it was fairly standard Imperial/Tie attire, albeit somewhat reminiscent of Director Krennic's outfit/cloak. And that Krennic impression may have had as much to do with the squad of Death Troopers as it did the clothes. But otherwise, after first viewing, I'd say you're overthinking it, and that it's the first time we've seen anybody from the Imperial Security Bureau.

Tribal Warfare 01-03-2020 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14692535)
baby yoda doesn't have to have anything to do with palpatine or snoke or anything

he can just be baby yoda

It deals with Yoda which is inherent to Skywalker.

After the Obi-wan and Darth Maul battle in Rebels they had Obi-wan checking up on Luke from afar.( Added to the fact I was losing my shit when they integrated the Dark Sabre)

Due to that it's on the Skywalker narrative which used force users .

keg in kc 01-03-2020 06:38 PM

The other question remaining is whose boots those were at the end of episode 5.

I read something yesterday about how there's a female in mandalorian armor included in one of the toy sets, a female who isn't the Armorer, which means, if she's really a character, we haven't seen her yet, other than, possibly, the back of her boots.

I'm sure whoever it is, Filoni will make it interesting. More interesting than, say, Boba Fett.

DaneMcCloud 01-03-2020 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14692564)

I read something yesterday about how there's a female in mandalorian armor included in one of the toy sets, a female who isn't the Armorer, which means, if she's really a character, we haven't seen her yet, other than, possibly, the back of her boots.

I'm sure whoever it is, Filoni will make it interesting. More interesting than, say, Boba Fett.

It could be Sabine Wren, although a sequel series to Rebels, featuring Sabine and Ahsoka's quest for Ezra, has been in the works for a while and may debut as early as this year.

DaneMcCloud 01-03-2020 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14692535)

he can just be baby yoda

Baby Yoda has to be connected; Otherwise, why is a former Imperial Moff looking for such a being?

Why is BY so important in a time when Force Users, most of whom perished 50+ years earlier and only known to a few out of TRILLIONS of sentient beings, have been eradicated from the galaxy?

It's ALL connected - Mandalore, Cara Dune of Alderaan, the Darksaber, Baby Yoda - all connected to a much larger story.

Buehler445 01-03-2020 08:26 PM

Quote:

Yeah, it's interesting they didn't pay that off, I think they probably will in the future.

However some dorks I watch on YouTube have laid out pretty extensive evidence that it is Fett.

DaneMcCloud 01-03-2020 08:33 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14692775)
Yeah, it's interesting they didn't pay that off, I think they probably will in the future.

My money's on Bo-Katan Kryze (or possibly a relative) that's searching for the person that stole the Darksaber.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14692775)
However some dorks I watch on YouTube have laid out pretty extensive evidence that it is Fett.

That would be such a copout. Plus, Favreau was not only a Mandalorian in The Clone Wars, he's steeped in Mandalorian culture and history.

Bringing back Boba Fett, who was never a true Mandalorian, seems counter-intuitive for him.

Buehler445 01-03-2020 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14692786)
That would be such a copout. Plus, Favreau was not only a Mandalorian in The Clone Wars, he's steeped in Mandalorian culture and history.

Bringing back Boba Fett, who was never a true Mandalorian, seems counter-intuitive for him.

I agree. I've seen enough of Fett for my liking, especially since there are soooo damn many interesting characters to bring in.

BUUUUT (I don't remember everything the dorks talked about, but a few things:

1. The audible jingle of his boots like spurs
2. Cloak
3. Tattoine presumably after he got out of the Sarlacc pit.
4. He'd probably have a beacon to find her like Mando's buddy did.

There was some other stuff but I don't remember it off hand. It would be a total copout I agree.

keg in kc 01-03-2020 09:18 PM

I don't think it's Sabine. It's got to be someone tied to The Mandalorian in some way. And I don't see how she would be.

I'm not sure Bo-Katan would make mich sense, either. I don't see any way she would give up the Darksaber or the role of Mandalore while she's still alive. And she's pretty old. She didn't look it on Rebels, but Sabine gave her the Darksaber roughly 20 years after she joined Death Watch , so if she did survive The Purge she's probably in her 50s.

But it would give them an excuse to bring Katee Sackhoff onto the show.

My guess is still a new character.

Miles 01-04-2020 01:31 AM

Just watched the last two episodes and they were pretty great. Still cracks me up they got Warner Herzog for that role which was pretty perfect.

Noticed Taika Waititi directed the last one.

Hammock Parties 01-04-2020 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14692631)
Baby Yoda has to be connected; Otherwise, why is a former Imperial Moff looking for such a being?

Why is BY so important in a time when Force Users, most of whom perished 50+ years earlier and only known to a few out of TRILLIONS of sentient beings, have been eradicated from the galaxy?

It's ALL connected - Mandalore, Cara Dune of Alderaan, the Darksaber, Baby Yoda - all connected to a much larger story.

Sure, sure.

Ezra wasn't connected for shit, so, no, Baby Yoda doesn't have to be connected to the shitshow that was ROS at ALL.

Tribal Warfare 01-04-2020 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14693169)
Sure, sure.

Ezra wasn't connected for shit, so, no, Baby Yoda doesn't have to be connected to the shitshow that was ROS at ALL.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GiMiWes-hXk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hOBQy6Aa5mg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties 01-04-2020 02:06 AM

And? Doesn't mean shit.

Trying to connect anything to the shit show that is ROS is not a good idea.

Baby Yoda already has his connections to Yoda/Yaddle. That's plenty.

Not EVERYTHING has to be connected to EVERYTHING. What a pant load of horseshit that is.

Raiderhater 01-04-2020 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14693176)
And? Doesn't mean shit.

Trying to connect anything to the shit show that is ROS is not a good idea.

Baby Yoda already has his connections to Yoda/Yaddle. That's plenty.

Not EVERYTHING has to be connected to EVERYTHING. What a pant load of horseshit that is.

You are correct that it does not HAVE to connect. That being said, after the major success Disney has had with the massive MCU, why wouldn’t they attempt something similar with Star Wars?

I get you do not want it to happen, you don’t think it should happen but, there is a very strong possibility it will. Thursday night when I saw Rey use the force to heal just as I had seen baby Yoda do a couple weeks before I knew these people were on the same page. Wether they connect it all or it is just standardizing things such as force abilities within the universe/canon remains to be seen. But I’d prepare to be disappointed if I were you.

keg in kc 01-04-2020 07:46 AM

Baby ****ing Yoda, relax...

Filoni managed to take and greatly elevate elements of the prequel trilogy into Clone Wars and Rebels. So I think he'll be fine integrating aspects from or leading to the sequel trilogy into The Mandalorian if he's actually tasked with that.

Beef Supreme 01-06-2020 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 14693255)
You are correct that it does not HAVE to connect. That being said, after the major success Disney has had with the massive MCU, why wouldn’t they attempt something similar with Star Wars?

I get you do not want it to happen, you don’t think it should happen but, there is a very strong possibility it will. Thursday night when I saw Rey use the force to heal just as I had seen baby Yoda do a couple weeks before I knew these people were on the same page. Wether they connect it all or it is just standardizing things such as force abilities within the universe/canon remains to be seen. But I’d prepare to be disappointed if I were you.

Mr. Miyagi healed Ralph Machio's leg using the Force. Half Life 3 confirmed.

siberian khatru 01-07-2020 10:38 AM

RLM came out with its Mandalorian review last night. I thought it was pretty spot on.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Efskcq_mqv4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Raiderhater 01-07-2020 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Supreme (Post 14701935)
Mr. Miyagi healed Ralph Machio's leg using the Force. Half Life 3 confirmed.

:spock:

Baby Lee 01-11-2020 06:48 AM

Guess who's back

Back again

https://i.imgur.com/vAbWLME.jpg

BigRedChief 01-11-2020 08:33 AM

Posted in the Witcher thread too

Saw a study comparing the Witcher and Mandolrian downloads and streams. Binge or Weekly?

Conclusion was the Witcher had more views but the majority were on release weekend. Mandalorian got near to the Witcher with the last episode. But since currently Netflix has millions more subscribers, the Mandalorian was more popular. And the word of mouth and publicity for the show wasn't close with the weekly release of the Mandalorian.