ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU ***** Official 2018-2019 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread ***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314740)

Titty Meat 10-31-2018 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 13860490)
KU gets millions from adidas

CornFugger football gives millions to Scot Frost

Got three 4* kids this week while a legacy picked Nova whos owned KU over pops school because the hammer is boutta come down on KU #lockhimup

ChiefsFanatic 11-01-2018 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13860011)
I don't really know why we care about one-and-dones that much anyway. Give me a guy like Frank Mason or Devonte Graham over Wiggins, Embiid, Diallo, Oubre, Alexander, Selby, Henry all day everyday. You get them 4 years. There is probably something to be said about finding underized guards that won't be on the NBA radar but will be extremely valuable in college. We haven't really even had success in terms of the one-and-done recruit effecting our wins and losses like Duke and UK have.

I'd pay the next Frank Mason $5,000 out of my pocket to go to KU for four years. I'd only pay Zion Williamson $10 dollars. Let's start a go fund me to commit NCAA violations. Perhaps we can just start a community "venmo" and give the kids the password so they can have some spending money :)

Talking about competing against Duke, Kentucky, and UNC, we have a 3 game winning streak over all 3 at the moment. We may be the only school in history that can make that claim.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

lawrenceRaider 11-01-2018 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 13860496)
Got three 4* kids this week while a legacy picked Nova whos owned KU over pops school because the hammer is boutta come down on KU #lockhimup

Corn still in shock from the beatings KU football put on them.

http://www2.kusports.com/photos/gall...a_110505/7713/

https://kuathletics.com/news/2005/11...05aab_644.aspx

https://kuathletics.com/news/2007/11...07aab_197.aspx

Prison Bitch 11-01-2018 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 13860728)
Talking about competing against Duke, Kentucky, and UNC, we have a 3 game winning streak over all 3 at the moment. We may be the only school in history that can make that claim.

Bigger achievement than the Conf streak^

Mr. Plow 11-01-2018 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 13860842)
Bigger achievement than the Conf streak^

LMAO

BWillie 11-01-2018 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 13860728)

We compete fine with them but we usually do it because of 3 and 4 year guys. Our program is probably most similar to Mich State in that regard. We have OADs but alot of our bests tesms are as good as they are because of upperclassmen.

Buehler445 11-01-2018 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13861047)
We compete fine with them but we usually do it because of 3 and 4 year guys. Our program is probably most similar to Mich State in that regard. We have OADs but alot of our bests tesms are as good as they are because of upperclassmen.

Meh. That team with Embiid and Wiggins I'm confident would have made noise if Embiid was healthy.

On the other side of it is that team loses a ****LOAD of games without the OADs.

Buehler445 11-01-2018 09:52 AM

Quote:

I don't really know why we care about one-and-dones that much anyway. Give me a guy like Frank Mason or Devonte Graham over Wiggins, Embiid, Diallo, Oubre, Alexander, Selby, Henry all day everyday. You get them 4 years. There is probably something to be said about finding underized guards that won't be on the NBA radar but will be extremely valuable in college. We haven't really even had success in terms of the one-and-done recruit effecting our wins and losses like Duke and UK have.

I'd pay the next Frank Mason $5,000 out of my pocket to go to KU for four years. I'd only pay Zion Williamson $10 dollars. Let's start a go fund me to commit NCAA violations. Perhaps we can just start a community "venmo" and give the kids the password so they can have some spending money :)

So I talked about Wiggins and Embiid. That's a rough year without those kids. And if Embiid stays healthy, I'm confident we make noise.

Diallo didn't do a damn thing. I'm not sure why he made the jump. He is probably a 3 year player similar to TRob less the intensity.

Oubre was a damn good player on a damn good team. I don't see how you think that is a bad thing.

Cliff did some contributing. He was remarkably worthless in the post, but he did some things. Didn't take any PT away from someone better. I don't see how that is a problem.

Selby was an absolute joke. Holy cow he was horribad. He went OAD because he didn't want any more tape out there.

Henry was a very good player on a good team. He was by far the best defender on the team and hit some big shots. I fail to see how this is a bad thing.

Part of the issue is that lower quality dudes are jumping because their draft stock doesn't improve with additional years.

Bottom line is talent leads to wins and if a guy wants to come, you don't turn him away.

Lzen 11-01-2018 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 13860810)

That was fun. I believe that 76 points was the record for the most allowed in Cornhole football history.

Chief Pagan 11-01-2018 02:44 PM

Quote:

Nah, you don't want to leave an electronic paper trail.

I remember back when I was in college, many decades ago, some high profile football program (USC? UCLA?) had the "alumni hand shake" where alumni were giving football players $100 bills. And that was more money back then.

Chief Pagan 11-01-2018 02:48 PM

I think having a combination of 4 year guys and OADs is a good way to go. I also think it is helpful to have some NBA star talent. The college team can get more TV coverage and I think it is good to have former KU players having success in the NBA. Being high profile has to help with recruitment. Maybe it doesn't make a lot of difference, but any last little thing might help with a potential recruit that is on the fence.

Prison Bitch 11-01-2018 03:14 PM

There's no trend or strategy that wins other than one: you must have a Mickey D on your team. All past 35 champs outside of 2002 Maryland had one +

Pants 11-01-2018 08:11 PM

Their cornholes haven't been the same since.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MFnWaHCfPAI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KC_Connection 11-01-2018 08:18 PM

Udoka making 5/6 FTs is interesting. He'd be one of the more valuable players in the NCAA if he was even passable at that.

smithandrew051 11-01-2018 08:28 PM

Lawson’s inside outside game should help open things up around the basket for Doke.

It’s going to be an adjustment for Doke to play with another big. He never really has.

TambaBerry 11-01-2018 09:11 PM

We look like shit without our freshmen on the court

BWillie 11-01-2018 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 13862387)
Udoka making 5/6 FTs is interesting. He'd be one of the more valuable players in the NCAA if he was even passable at that.

I'm worried about the rule change & focus that you cant dislodge the defender in the post. Makes it difficult to do the high low game and for our true bigs like Doke to walk a guy up to get position for the lob.

Kiimo 11-01-2018 10:27 PM

Dok's free throw shot is 100% changed. It's like I'm watching a different player entirely.

Also the high/low is not nearly as important as it used to be for Self's offense.

Lzen 11-02-2018 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 13862355)
Their cornholes haven't been the same since.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MFnWaHCfPAI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sigh, back when we actually had a QB. Back when we actually had a team.

Lzen 11-02-2018 09:14 AM

I didn't really watch much of the game and what I did was on my phone. So I can't comment much. I will say that Self mentioned the other day that Udoka shoots FTs way better in practice. Said he made something like 18/20 the other day. It's more just getting the nerves out during games. Good to hear that his FT shooting motion has improved. I figured they would be working on that a lot in the offseason.

Ceej 11-02-2018 02:03 PM

I wanna get crazy and buy F4 Tickets now sooooooo bad.

Chief Pagan 11-02-2018 07:17 PM

Anyone else trying to use youttube TV to watch KU games out of market?

Last year, they had every game except the first one that was on some local channel (Jayhawk network? Sunflower?).

Yesterdays KU game didn't show up on my YouTube TV list. It looks like ESPN has rolled out something new ESPN+? That is a separate subscription.

Two years ago, I could watch every Kansas game on ESPN rewatch, legally, for free about a half hour after the game ended.

It looks like to watch the game even 24 hours after the fact now requires a subscription.

Anyone else now any details. In particular, from an online search I couldn't tell if this was going to stay the case or will services like YouTube eventually be able/get around to licensing it.

Pants 11-02-2018 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Pagan (Post 13864006)
Anyone else trying to use youttube TV to watch KU games out of market?

Last year, they had every game except the first one that was on some local channel (Jayhawk network? Sunflower?).

Yesterdays KU game didn't show up on my YouTube TV list. It looks like ESPN has rolled out something new ESPN+? That is a separate subscription.

Two years ago, I could watch every Kansas game on ESPN rewatch, legally, for free about a half hour after the game ended.

It looks like to watch the game even 24 hours after the fact now requires a subscription.

Anyone else now any details. In particular, from an online search I couldn't tell if this was going to stay the case or will services like YouTube eventually be able/get around to licensing it.

ESPN+ is $5 a month. I know JUST the fact that you have to pay stings, but it's not unreasonable.

Titty Meat 11-02-2018 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 13863031)
Sigh, back when we actually had a QB. Back when we actually had a team.

Your coach was ahead of the times with the spread. Reesing was "good" like Booger was. Spread teams put and get the ball to your athletes. The league didnt have an answer for this til Bo came around and started playing hybrid safeties and the back position to neutralize the spread.

You have a basketball coach who's kind of similar. He killed the B1G playing 4 guards at times. Hell look at the system he was able to create at Kansas with a guy like Graham who was originally an App State commit.

Chief Pagan 11-03-2018 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 13864182)
ESPN+ is $5 a month. I know JUST the fact that you have to pay stings, but it's not unreasonable.

Actually, if Youtube TV raised my rate by $5/month and included this channel I wouldn't blink an eye.

/rant: I really hate this crap of having to have separate subscriptions. I already got a subscription to Youtube TV for the primary purpose of watching KU basketball. Now I need another? It is bad enough having to have separate subscriptions to watch Disney movies, and Time Warner movies, and Netflix original content. Now I need two separate subscriptions just to get all of the ESPN channesl? Good grief. /rant

I guess my internet search skills are not the greatest. I'm also trying to figure out if you can do a delay start watching while the game is still in progress and the options for skipping commercials. Yes, you can do a free trial. I find that irritating also.

Sigh.

BigRedChief 11-03-2018 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Pagan (Post 13864687)
Actually, if Youtube TV raised my rate by $5/month and included this channel I wouldn't blink an eye.

/rant: I really hate this crap of having to have separate subscriptions. I already got a subscription to Youtube TV for the primary purpose of watching KU basketball. Now I need another? It is bad enough having to have separate subscriptions to watch Disney movies, and Time Warner movies, and Netflix original content. Now I need two separate subscriptions just to get all of the ESPN channesl? Good grief. /rant

I guess my internet search skills are not the greatest. I'm also trying to figure out if you can do a delay start watching while the game is still in progress and the options for skipping commercials. Yes, you can do a free trial. I find that irritating also.

Sigh.

Every company wants to keep all the streaming and online money to themselves. Its the downside to consumers of the selfishness of corporations. We benefit from that sometimes, sometimes its against our interests. Going to get worse until they start to fail and then the consolidation will start.

Reerun_KC 11-03-2018 12:51 PM

I need the ability to listen to KU games after they are played like I do on NFL app. I’m always traveling during games and love to unwind listening to them in the hotels or on the road.

Anyone know of an app?

Chief Pagan 11-03-2018 02:27 PM

Sure things are in flux and I understand where companies are coming from.

My apologies, but I'm still going to bitch about it.

And some business models are more annoying than others.

If I could go to ESPN and get one subscription for all of their channels for $20 or whatever dollars a month, fine. But I'm not aware that they offer that. So to get all of the ESPN channels, I have to have subscriptions with two totally different companies. Come on man...

I can see it now. I'm sorry Chief Pagan, that game is currently unavailable for your subscription model. You have the Big 12 college basketball on Tuesday subscription plan, not the Big 12 college basketball on Wednesday subscription plan. But if you would like to create a new account we can offer that to you for a separately listed charge of only $0.99/month... And if you would like to see the out-of-conference road games, may we direct your attention to the PAC-12 and the ACC conference plans...

BigRedChief 11-05-2018 10:33 PM

Is Grimes hurt? Because Vick is starting tomorrow over him? Is Vick better than Grimes now?

BWillie 11-05-2018 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13872746)
Is Grimes hurt? Because Vick is starting tomorrow over him? Is Vick better than Grimes now?

What are you talking about?

Its going to be
Dotson or Moore
Grimes
Vick
Lawson
Doke

I don't see a scenario where Grimes isnt starting.

Imon Yourside 11-06-2018 12:23 AM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rTuEKfWn8Vo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Blasphemy Memphis bbq better than KC? meh Legerald better get his stuff straight.

BigRedChief 11-06-2018 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13872784)
What are you talking about?

Its going to be
Dotson or Moore
Grimes
Vick
Lawson
Doke

I don't see a scenario where Grimes isnt starting.

Sorry misread it on the app. But, did get a chance to vent about Vick. I feel better now. :rolleyes:

BWillie 11-06-2018 12:17 PM

Who's ready for the game tonight bros? 6pm game. Primetime. It's been on the ESPN ticker seemingly for an entire week straight.

DanBecky 11-06-2018 02:03 PM

I’ve been ready for awhile now. I just hope that everyone’s heads are on straight, coaches and players. With some the clout surrounding the program with recruiting and the adidas thing, I don’t want any distractions. This team has pieces that some of the previous teams didn’t. So much talent. Hoping for a special year.

BWillie 11-06-2018 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanBecky (Post 13873627)
I’ve been ready for awhile now. I just hope that everyone’s heads are on straight, coaches and players. With some the clout surrounding the program with recruiting and the adidas thing, I don’t want any distractions. This team has pieces that some of the previous teams didn’t. So much talent. Hoping for a special year.

I feel like, if anything, that helps them in the short term. Definitely not in the long term or for recruiting in the future. But I feel like Self is going to coach with a chip on his shoulder - and all the kids (whether they got paid or not) are going to want to show everyone how good they are.

Mr. Plow 11-06-2018 02:35 PM

Should be a great night of college bball. KU vs. MSU; Duke vs. UK. Great start to the season.

Pablo 11-06-2018 05:32 PM

Geeked up for this one folks!! Hope we come out and smoke the izzos.

Kiimo 11-06-2018 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 13872807)
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rTuEKfWn8Vo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Blasphemy Memphis bbq better than KC? meh Legerald better get his stuff straight.

Hey man some people like vinegar.

Personally I think it's for salads and douching but, you know, to each his own.

smithandrew051 11-06-2018 05:36 PM

We need to take this one. Michigan State beat us in the Classic in 2012-2013 and 2015-2016. We’ve beaten Duke and UK in this.

PHOG 11-06-2018 06:06 PM

Rock let's

carcosa 11-06-2018 06:35 PM

The team seems good

Imon Yourside 11-06-2018 06:50 PM

Kind of looks like we might deserve the #1 ranking. :)

Imon Yourside 11-06-2018 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 13874161)
Hey man some people like vinegar.

Personally I think it's for salads and douching but, you know, to each his own.

HAHA right, I don't even hate vinegar but the two are just not comparable.

PHOG 11-06-2018 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 13874386)
Kind of looks like we might deserve the #1 ranking. :)

Or Mich St is overrated....I'm sure that will be the storyline

SithCeNtZ 11-06-2018 07:03 PM

All this with a laughable 2:1 foul disparity.

Bad night for the Kansas and “Kansas gets all the calls” crowd.

Pablo 11-06-2018 07:15 PM

First half gets a B+. And we score 50. Not bad I guess.

KC_Connection 11-06-2018 07:24 PM

Dedric Lawson takes way too many bad shots. Self better start restricting that.

Also, Vick still has no idea how to play basketball. The hope is that him starting/playing minutes is only temporary. This team has enough depth for him not to play serious minutes.

BWillie 11-06-2018 07:26 PM

Michigan State looks terrible. I'm astounded they look so bad. Izzo usually has his teams ready to play right away. They just look lacking of talent.

Q Grimes is going to be a great shooter by the time he's a 27 year old NBA journeyman. Beautiful stroke. Just not going to be an elite shooter with us, but wouldn't be surprised if he shot 40% from 3-land.

Lawson has played absolutely terrible - we still up big. He's a superstar after watching exhibitions (obviously). I like it. This team is already better than I thought.

I couldn't figure out the #1 ranking. (Just because I couldn't believe the credit they were projecting based on all of our new guys. )

Imon Yourside 11-06-2018 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 13874484)
Dedric Lawson takes way too many bad shots. Self better start restricting that.

Also, Vick still has no idea how to play basketball. The hope is that him starting/playing minutes is only temporary. This team has enough depth for him not to play serious minutes.

I agree outside of his jumper if it's falling I cringe when he drives.(Vick)

KC_Connection 11-06-2018 07:32 PM

Grimes is going in the 1st round.

PHOG 11-06-2018 07:33 PM

BS flop meister

MVChiefFan 11-06-2018 07:35 PM

He was falling before Doke touched him.

displacedinMN 11-06-2018 07:35 PM

dude from MSU took 5 steps

KC_Connection 11-06-2018 07:35 PM

I'm also noticing that Dedric isn't so great at the whole defense thing.

Imon Yourside 11-06-2018 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 13874512)
I'm also noticing that Dedric isn't so great at the whole defense thing.

Better than the undersized Lightfoot, at least judging from last year.

MVChiefFan 11-06-2018 07:37 PM

Ward layed there the whole KU offensive possession, then hops up and jogs off the court. Lol

KC_Connection 11-06-2018 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 13874516)
Better than the undersized Lightfoot, at least judging from last year.

Nah, Lightfoot is better at that (simply due to his shot blocking/wingspan alone). Dedric much better at creating offense though obviously...although he's gotta cut out the long 2s.

KC_Connection 11-06-2018 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVChiefFan (Post 13874517)
Ward layed there the whole KU offensive possession, then hops up and jogs off the court. Lol

The classic hurt his pride getting blocked injury.

Imon Yourside 11-06-2018 07:49 PM

Vick is a liability if his jumper isn't going down.

lewdog 11-06-2018 07:51 PM

Kansas is good at basketball.

MVChiefFan 11-06-2018 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 13874524)
The classic hurt his pride getting blocked injury.

Yep

MVChiefFan 11-06-2018 07:54 PM

Man, this team is stacked deep! So much better than having to just run with 7-8 guys.

KC_Connection 11-06-2018 07:55 PM

Early thoughts on the starters right now:

I really like Grimes and Dotson. They seem to be very good two way players. Both are going to be hugely valuable for this program (Grimes this year and Dotson probably longer than that).

I like parts of what Dedric does (he contributes in multiple ways offensively and his court vision/awareness is quite good) but he cannot be taking this many (bad) shots, it's going to ruin this team's offensive efficiency.

Udoka is still a good college player, but he looks like he hasn't really developed at all (still doesn't use his size properly to score or especially rebound). Expected better honestly out of his college career.

Vick is still terrible. No clue what he's doing here still.

Imon Yourside 11-06-2018 08:00 PM

Spartys best players are out and we've lost ground on the scoreboard. Really sloppy.

CasselGotPeedOn 11-06-2018 08:01 PM

That was a ****ing horrific lineup Self had in JFC

PHOG 11-06-2018 08:03 PM

That'll work

MVChiefFan 11-06-2018 08:03 PM

Vick is really a waste of space at this point.

KC_Connection 11-06-2018 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn (Post 13874614)
That was a ****ing horrific lineup Self had in JFC

Need more Grimes/Dotson, less KJ Lawson and Vick.

MVChiefFan 11-06-2018 08:07 PM

Grimes is the real deal! Doesn’t look like a freshman at all.

BWillie 11-06-2018 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 13874557)
Vick is a liability if his jumper isn't going down.

He is - but he's really good in the open court on fast breaks and he's probably the teams best three point shooter.

Trust me. Grimes isn't going to drill 3's like this the rest of the season.

I hope he's humble after this lackluster performance. He's better than this, at least. He's also a reasonable defender. The issue is he just doesn't have a high BBIQ. That is his biggest drawback.

Nonetheless, he's probably the teams 4th or 5th best player.

I'm really impressed with Dotson. He's waaay ahead where I thought he'd be. And, he probably has the worst BBIQ on the team. He takes it to the cup in terrible times. But he's oozing of talent.

KC_Connection 11-06-2018 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13874658)
He is - but he's really good in the open court on fast breaks and he's probably the teams best three point shooter.

I hope he's humble after this lackluster performance. He's better than this, at least. He's also a reasonable defender. The issue is he just doesn't have a high BBIQ. That is his biggest drawback.

All of this is giving Vick way too much credit and the other 9 players worthy of minutes not enough. He's trash at everything except open threes and the occasional transition basket in this sport.

Imon Yourside 11-06-2018 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13874658)

I'm really impressed with Dotson. He's waaay ahead where I thought he'd be. And, he probably has the worst BBIQ on the team. He takes it to the cup in terrible times. But he's oozing of talent.

Problem with Vick is his jumper starts out hot at the beginning of the year and fades to nothing towards the end. He can rebound but still takes bad shots and struggles to drive to the cup.

Imon Yourside 11-06-2018 08:15 PM

6 point game, this shouldn't be anywhere near close.

PHOG 11-06-2018 08:15 PM

Vick passed on that open 3

MVChiefFan 11-06-2018 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 13874684)
6 point game, this shouldn't be anywhere near close.

Yeah, can’t believe we let them back in it.

KC_Connection 11-06-2018 08:20 PM

How does Izzo not foul at 35 seconds there? Ridiculously bad coaching.

BWillie 11-06-2018 08:21 PM

We are just straight up better than Mich State. This shouldn't even e a 10 point game. These guys would get 4th in the Big 12.

CoMoChief 11-06-2018 08:22 PM

Shitty 2nd half effort by KU.

Imon Yourside 11-06-2018 08:22 PM

Really sloppy last 10 minutes is what almost cost us the game, just really lazy play.

TribalElder 11-06-2018 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13874718)
We are just straight up better than Mich State. This shouldn't even e a 10 point game. These guys would get 4th in the Big 12.

depends on how much KU spent on their team this year

Mich State could take 3rd