ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Avengers: Infinity War (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=305909)

keg in kc 04-28-2018 11:34 AM

I saw Avatar 5 times the first month it was out. I doubt that record gets broken. Something about that movie hit me hard at the time.

I've only watched it once in the years since.

CoMoChief 04-28-2018 11:40 AM

Saw it again last night w/ another friend who hasn't seen it.

Been a while since I saw a movie 2x in theatres...maybe since Dark Knight

Good dialogue and acting too.

banecat 04-28-2018 11:53 AM

Logan and dark knight were the last two that I watched more than once in theaters. Still debating if to go again soon on this one

BigRedChief 04-28-2018 12:31 PM

They need to get these brothers to take over the next Star Wars triolgy franchise.

This could have been a hot mess with this many characters.

banecat 04-28-2018 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13537209)
They need to get these brothers to take over the next Star Wars triolgy franchise.

Yes, and but only after they correct the direction of star trek

CoMoChief 04-28-2018 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banecat (Post 13537133)
Logan and dark knight were the last two that I watched more than once in theaters. Still debating if to go again soon on this one

I didn't think Logan was all that great. They've milked the Wolverine franchise bone dry IMO.

keg in kc 04-28-2018 01:04 PM

Logan gets my vote as best ever.

banecat 04-28-2018 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 13537253)
I didn't think Logan was all that great. They've milked the Wolverine franchise bone dry IMO.

I'm getting older. I guess that I can relate more to it maybe

underEJ 04-28-2018 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13537209)

This could have been a hot mess with this many characters.

I am a patreon supporter of a group of filmmakers who got backed by the Russo brothers for their next film and they do behind the scenes videos for patreon. It is really cool to see them talk about the support they get. Clearly the Russos know how to let creative people work. They may be the best studio ever and they are spreading that kind of working relationship to more and more artists. It is good news in an industry that needs new thinking.

Saw Infinity War with some of the fx crew a few days ago and loved it. I will definitely pay to see it again, probably more than once. Thanos was great. Everyone shared the screen beautifully and the action was very very strong. I actually feel like I spent a lot of time with all of them even though there were so many characters. Well done all around.

Bowser 04-28-2018 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13534178)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Bowser 04-28-2018 01:45 PM

Thought it was amazing, all of it. There were nitpicks here and there, but I grinned liked a little kid throughout most of the movie. Will definitely be seeing it again, and probably soon.

Spoiler!

RunKC 04-28-2018 02:02 PM

Spoiler!

O.city 04-28-2018 02:11 PM

Taking the four year old to see it this afternoon

I’ve been good thus far with no spoilers

Bowser 04-28-2018 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13537412)
Taking the four year old to see it this afternoon

I’ve been good thus far with no spoilers

Just a head's up - there is some rather gratuitous violence in the movie. And Thanos' Black Order are made up of characters that look like potential nightmare fuel for little kids......

Bowser 04-28-2018 02:52 PM

I liked the nod to the Infinity Gauntlet comic book storyline -

http://media.comicbook.com/2018/03/i...e-1096338.jpeg

HC_Chief 04-28-2018 03:26 PM

So good; took the boy to see it today. Told the Mrs, who liked Thor: Ragnarok & Guardians movies, she would like this one.

Funny, action, great pacing, top notch escapism. I kept thinking how much Star Wars now sucks ass and how Marvel movies have completely eclipsed that brand.

CoMoChief 04-28-2018 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HC_Chief (Post 13537639)
So good; took the boy to see it today. Told the Mrs, who liked Thor: Ragnarok & Guardians movies, she would like this one.

Funny, action, great pacing, top notch escapism. I kept thinking how much Star Wars now sucks ass and how Marvel movies have completely eclipsed that brand.

MCU is basically this generation's Star Wars franchise.

And Yes, Disney took a giant shit all over Star Wars. The Last Jedi was one of the worst movies I've seen in the last decade, and it rivals the mega shit burgers that were Eps 1-3.

I'm not going to go on another rant about how Kylo Ren is the worst movie villain of all time, I did that in another thread....but I will say that MCU did Thanos right. He's this generation's Darth Vader. Brolin did an excellent job. Finally a villain that's worth a shit.

HC_Chief 04-28-2018 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 13537674)
MCU is basically this generation's Star Wars franchise.

And Yes, Disney took a giant shit all over Star Wars. The Last Jedi was one of the worst movies I've seen in the last decade, and it rivals the mega shit burgers that were Eps 1-3.

I'm not going to go on another rant about how Kylo Ren is the worst movie villain of all time, I did that in another thread....but I will say that MCU did Thanos right. He's this generation's Darth Vader. Brolin did an excellent job. Finally a villain that's worth a shit.

Agreed. Thanos was amazing. Loved that he had motivation other than "eeeviilllll"; Brolin made you almost empathize with him... certainly understood his perspective. In that aspect, Thanos eclipses Vader (with exception of ending Rogue One Vader, who was ubermegabadass).

Edit: and the new Deadpool trailer they played before A:IW was outstanding! Man, I cannot wait :D

BigRedChief 04-28-2018 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13537393)
Spoiler!

Dude come on,
Spoiler!

BigRedChief 04-28-2018 04:06 PM

The last two posts about Thanos should be put in spoilers, at least until Monday. Openly talking about his possible motivation.

Deberg_1990 04-28-2018 04:10 PM

Great flick. I truly enjoyed it. So many great character based moments.

Spoiler!

digger 04-28-2018 04:16 PM

Just got back and wow...Lived up to the hype.

digger 04-28-2018 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 13537729)

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Rams Fan 04-28-2018 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 13537729)

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

HC_Chief 04-28-2018 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13537719)
The last two posts about Thanos should be put in spoilers, at least until Monday. Openly talking about his possible motivation.

Nah, pointing out that he is well played and not a cardboard character does not equate to a spoiler. Wonder Woman had horrible cardboard character villains... the German General and Doctor, laughably cardboard. Their motivation: eeeeviiiilllll. Meh. Still a good movie but meh villains. This movie, waaaaaay better villain...epic, truly.

BigRedChief 04-28-2018 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 13537865)
Spoiler!

Maybe ya never know but....
Spoiler!

Sassy Squatch 04-28-2018 06:11 PM

Well, this movie was effective at getting me to want to see all the movies I'd skipped. Especially Guardians. Thanos was an amazing villain. Agree with the sentiment that he's this generations Darth Vader.

BigRedChief 04-28-2018 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digger (Post 13537745)
Spoiler!

not so much
Spoiler!

Bowser 04-28-2018 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13537939)
not so much
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Sassy Squatch 04-28-2018 06:44 PM

Spoiler!

Bowser 04-28-2018 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13537982)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

O.city 04-28-2018 07:03 PM

Really enjoyed it

Spoiler!

RunKC 04-28-2018 07:51 PM

Spoiler!

BigRichard 04-28-2018 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13538006)
Really enjoyed it

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

O.city 04-28-2018 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13538054)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

CoMoChief 04-28-2018 09:51 PM

Spoiler!

Rams Fan 04-28-2018 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13537939)
not so much
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Mr. Plow 04-28-2018 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13538069)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Gravedigger 04-28-2018 10:51 PM

Spoiler!

O.city 04-28-2018 11:38 PM

Spoiler!

DaFace 04-28-2018 11:44 PM

This thread is goofy. If anyone's coming in here and expecting to not see spoilers, they need their head checked.

BigRichard 04-29-2018 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 13538275)
This thread is goofy. If anyone's coming in here and expecting to not see spoilers, they need their head checked.

Everyone in the thread agreed that that they had till Monday then the spoilers come out.

DaFace 04-29-2018 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 13538351)
Everyone in the thread agreed that that they had till Monday then the spoilers come out.

Just seems a little silly, and as someone who has stayed away from this thread BECAUSE of the spoilers, I immediately just left because it was taking 50 clicks just to read the damn thread.

Bowser 04-29-2018 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 13538400)
Just seems a little silly, and as someone who has stayed away from this thread BECAUSE of the spoilers, I immediately just left because it was taking 50 clicks just to read the damn thread.

You're going to be the old guy that yells at the damned kids to get off his damned lawn one day, aren't you? :D

And yeah, it's a little much, but the way people raise hell about seeing spoilers in threads for big time movies before they've had a chance to see it has always been a thing. This is a decent compromise for that.

Mosbonian 04-29-2018 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 13538432)
You're going to be the old guy that yells at the damned kids to get off his damned lawn one day, aren't you? :D.

I already am that old guy.....but I use a different version of that:

Hey kid.....if you are going to be on my lawn at least do me a favor and grab the lawnmower and cut it for me.:old:

Mosbonian 04-29-2018 09:10 AM

I don't mind reading certain spoilers.....I just click a couple of them and know it won't mess with me enjoying it.

The real pain is sitting in the restaurant next to a couple of fanboys who just saw the movie and are trying to relive it right there in the restaurant.

O.city 04-29-2018 09:11 AM

Man was just so good but I have some questions that can’t be answered until 2. I bet we get some clues in ant man . He’s gonna have to go into the quantum world and I wonder if there are some clues there as to what they do to right wrongs in iw2.

Thanos is really a great villain. I love how they played his personality as not just a demon but gave glimpses into him being deeper

Deberg_1990 04-29-2018 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13538488)
Thanos is really a great villain. I love how they played his personality as not just a demon but gave glimpses into him being deeper

They did an incredible job with him. I typically am not for CGI/motion capture villians, but Brolin and the effects team did amazing work here.

Didnt have a watch, but id be willing to bet Thanos had more screen time than any of the heroes did.

O.city 04-29-2018 09:39 AM

Thanos was definitely on screen a lot but that’s what we all wanted. I’m passed we have to wait a year to see what comes next

Bowser 04-29-2018 09:54 AM

Spoiler!

banecat 04-29-2018 09:55 AM

After finally running into a friend that saw it, and being able to finally go over it with someone, think about it for a couple of days, and come down from the high of seeing a movie that lived up to hype for the first time in some time now, I'm changing my opinion on it somewhat. I'm removing it from the discussion of best ever, and being in the top five, let alone top three. Dark Knight, Logan, Winter Soldier, Unbreakable, and First Class are the five best. Infinity War is worthy of being very close, and part two can break the top five with maybe even knocking out Unbreakable, Logan, Or Dark Knight of a top spot.

I'll obviously be able to go into detail once spoilers are on the table, and we can openly discuss this tomorrow. One thing that I should be able to mention to support my claim is pointing to the Dark Knight Rises, and how it was without question flawed, but done with near perfection on almost every level that major plot holes were easy to forgive. And it was slightly better than AIW1

Ebolapox 04-29-2018 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13538069)
Spoiler!

Captain marvel. Read somewhere that Adam warlock will show up later on, post avengers 4 (aka post iw2), as the director felt they’d have to shoehorn him in and not do the character the justice or importance he really has.

O.city 04-29-2018 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 13538538)
Captain marvel. Read somewhere that Adam warlock will show up later on, post avengers 4 (aka post iw2), as the director felt they’d have to shoehorn him in and not do the character the justice or importance he really has.

Yeah I read that. I’m not sure how I feel about that or how they’re gonna reverse some things that happened with captain marvel but we’ll see

O.city 04-29-2018 10:02 AM

I really wish they’d have spent time to bring Adam in. He’s such a badass.

Fish 04-29-2018 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 13538538)

I was a little disappointed in that. Not sure how Ms. Marvel is going to fill in there. That doesn't really make sense.

O.city 04-29-2018 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13538550)
I was a little disappointed in that. Not sure how Ms. Marvel is going to fill in there. That doesn't really make sense.

Same here

Maybe I’m just not well enough versed in it

Ebolapox 04-29-2018 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13538544)
Yeah I read that. I’m not sure how I feel about that or how they’re gonna reverse some things that happened with captain marvel but we’ll see

Spoiler!

O.city 04-29-2018 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 13538554)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spott 04-29-2018 10:15 AM

Saw it last night and am immediately pissed that we have to wait a year for the next one. I want to see it now!

Mosbonian 04-29-2018 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banecat (Post 13538534)
After finally running into a friend that saw it, and being able to finally go over it with someone, think about it for a couple of days, and come down from the high of seeing a movie that lived up to hype for the first time in some time now, I'm changing my opinion on it somewhat. I'm removing it from the discussion of best ever, and being in the top five, let alone top three. Dark Knight, Logan, Winter Soldier, Unbreakable, and First Class are the five best. Infinity War is worthy of being very close, and part two can break the top five with maybe even knocking out Unbreakable, Logan, Or Dark Knight of a top spot.

I'll obviously be able to go into detail once spoilers are on the table, and we can openly discuss this tomorrow. One thing that I should be able to mention to support my claim is pointing to the Dark Knight Rises, and how it was without question flawed, but done with near perfection on almost every level that major plot holes were easy to forgive. And it was slightly better than AIW1

Interesting....I have not seen the movie yet, but one of the guys I work with who saw it said that it was right there with Dark Knight as one of his favorites.

While I enjoyed Winter Soldier and First Class, this movie would have to disappoint me not to be top 2 from what I have heard and read to this point.

And honestly....I thought Logan was slow and poorly done. In some way I agree with CoMo's earlier assertion that they have pretty much milked that franchise (Wolverine) to the point where it should just be left to rest or rebooted. And I am a big Wolverine fan too...

banecat 04-29-2018 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 13538575)
Interesting....I have not seen the movie yet, but one of the guys I work with who saw it said that it was right there with Dark Knight as one of his favorites.

While I enjoyed Winter Soldier and First Class, this movie would have to disappoint me not to be top 2 from what I have heard and read to this point.

And honestly....I thought Logan was slow and poorly done. In some way I agree with CoMo's earlier assertion that they have pretty much milked that franchise (Wolverine) to the point where it should just be left to rest or rebooted. And I am a big Wolverine fan too...

It's a good movie. And part two can elevate this one along with it. The jury's out, and will be. I think that Logan is hurt by being the third in a trilogy along with two awful films. Things can change quickly with these.

Iron Man was extremely good when it came out, but it has been passed by several since then, and just isn't what it once was. And it's only been ten years. Batman Begins is a very good movie, but it's not Dark Knight. There's just something about TDK. Maybe that's what AIW1 is, and I didn't catch it

RunKC 04-29-2018 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 13538532)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Rams Fan 04-29-2018 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banecat (Post 13538584)
It's a good movie. And part two can elevate this one along with it. The jury's out, and will be. I think that Logan is hurt by being the third in a trilogy along with two awful films. Things can change quickly with these.

Iron Man was extremely good when it came out, but it has been passed by several since then, and just isn't what it once was. And it's only been ten years. Batman Begins is a very good movie, but it's not Dark Knight. There's just something about TDK. Maybe that's what AIW1 is, and I didn't catch it

I don't think we should view Logan as being in a trilogy, though. It's more a standalone film than anything else.

I also think people might view Batman Begins as being better now after TDKR was released than before since it set up so many things for TDKR.

I think, from what I have seen in person and from what I've read in reviews. Winter Soldier or Infinity War might be the best Marvel movie. Winter Soldier can't really compare to TDK, IMO, but Infinity War might be on par with TDK.

At least Infinity War is way better than Civil War.

ThaVirus 04-29-2018 12:03 PM

Batman Begins is the most underrated superhero movie of all time. The only one that comes close is Blade.

banecat 04-29-2018 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 13538627)
I don't think we should view Logan as being in a trilogy, though. It's more a standalone film than anything else.

I also think people might view Batman Begins as being better now after TDKR was released than before since it set up so many things for TDKR.

I think, from what I have seen in person and from what I've read in reviews. Winter Soldier or Infinity War might be the best Marvel movie. Winter Soldier can't really compare to TDK, IMO, but Infinity War might be on par with TDK.

At least Infinity War is way better than Civil War.

True. Logan is it's own thing. Probably Fox's best, with TDK being DC's best, and the debate between winter soldier, and infinity war for the best of marvel

I forgot to add that Civil War was such a letdown. Black Panther was awesome, though, and almost saved that film

ThaVirus 04-29-2018 12:05 PM

The movie was awesome, by the way. Fantastic from start to finish.

Spoiler!

Rams Fan 04-29-2018 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13538629)
Batman Begins is the most underrated superhero movie of all time. The only one that comes close is Blade.

Watchmen.

Give me a Watchmen reboot with incorporating the button storyline and the upcoming Doomsday Clock plot and people's minds will be blown.

Quote:

Originally Posted by banecat (Post 13538630)
True. Logan is it's own thing. Probably Fox's best, with TDK being DC's best, and the debate between winter soldier, and infinity war for the best of marvel

Assuming they don't **** up Avengers 4, Infinity War and Avengers 4 should be viewed in a higher regard than Winter Soldier.

ThaVirus 04-29-2018 12:09 PM

On another note:

Spoiler!

banecat 04-29-2018 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13538629)

Batman Begins is, and I'll give you that about Blade. It's been lost in the superhero movie craze. Especially showing that a comic film can be have an r rating, and still be viable paving the way for Deadpool in a way. I recall after Man of Steel came out someone stating that it wasn't a bad movie, but unlike Superman I and II, it wasn't memorable. In a different way that applies to Batman Begins and TDK. Both were great, but TDK is and will go down as the memorable part of that series

banecat 04-29-2018 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 13538638)
Watchmen.

Give me a Watchmen reboot with incorporating the button storyline and the upcoming Doomsday Clock plot and people's minds will be blown.

Assuming they don't **** up Avengers 4, Infinity War and Avengers 4 should be viewed in a higher regard than Winter Soldier.

Watchmen was first in my book for a few years. I liked how they took the graphic novel and put it directly onto the screen only slightly altering one part. But I read an article that pointed out that it lost a lot in the transfer in the direct move from page to screen. A reboot might be able to do it perfectly

Rams Fan 04-29-2018 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banecat (Post 13538644)
Batman Begins is, and I'll give you that about Blade. It's been lost in the superhero movie craze. Especially showing that a comic film can be have an r rating, and still be viable paving the way for Deadpool in a way. I recall after Man of Steel came out someone stating that it wasn't a bad movie, but unlike Superman I and II, it wasn't memorable. In a different way that applies to Batman Begins and TDK. Both were great, but TDK is and will go down as the memorable part of that series

I think people are too harsh on TDKR.

Yes, it had its flaws. Yes, there are significant time jump issues.

But it's still a fantastic movie and has a great villain in Bane who is on par with Thanos in terms of being a developed villain.

Quote:

Originally Posted by banecat (Post 13538651)
Watchmen was first in my book for a few years. I liked how they took the graphic novel and put it directly onto the screen only slightly altering one part. But I read an article that pointed out that it lost a lot in the transfer in the direct move from page to screen. A reboot might be able to do it perfectly

Slightly is an understatement.

If they were to improve for a reboot of Watchmen, they'd need to it properly and make it multiple movies instead of one long movie.

Fish 04-29-2018 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13538639)
On another note:

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Deberg_1990 04-29-2018 05:56 PM

Spoiler!

Tribal Warfare 04-29-2018 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 13539112)
It would have killed if they would have brought back ‘Immigrant Song’ for Thor once he came back through the portal

Spoiler tag that for those who haven't seen the movie

digger 04-29-2018 06:08 PM

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4393&p=.htm

'Avengers: Infinity War' Opens with Record Shattering $250M Domestically & $630M Worldwide

Bowser 04-29-2018 06:20 PM

^ damn!

Bowser 04-29-2018 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13539116)
Spoiler tag that for those who haven't seen the movie

I did, but it's likely overkill at this point.

Only 4.5 hours until full topless spoilers in this thread!

O.city 04-29-2018 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 13539112)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

ThaVirus 04-29-2018 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13538984)
Spoiler!

****ing right.

I have no issues with saying Downey Jr can take the most credit for kicking off the MCU’s commercial success, but Hemsworth is a great rival as far as casting goes. He’s been perfect and only seems to get better with each movie..

Spoiler!

O.city 04-29-2018 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13539175)
****ing right.

I have no issues with saying Downey Jr can take the most credit for kicking off the MCU’s commercial success, but Hemsworth is a great rival as far as casting goes. He’s been perfect and only seems to get better with each movie..

Spoiler!

Spoiler!