ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV HBO: True Detective (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276034)

WilliamTheIrish 02-24-2014 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10450399)
Cohle has never got his taillight fixed from the fight he had with Hart back in 2002.

That's the shot of his truck in 2012 after he asks Hart to "buy me a beer".

Great little detail.

Ah! Ok. I kept looking at the clouds looking for a devil catcher.

mcaj22 02-24-2014 06:33 PM

after that episode i almost believe maggie and her dad are involved. just makes sense her coming over poking around after rust visits with tuttle

allen_kcCard 02-24-2014 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 10451144)
after that episode i almost believe maggie and her dad are involved. just makes sense her coming over poking around after rust visits with tuttle

You want to toss Marty there too since he screwed a girl that he re-met by sheer chance which gave Maggie the reason to retaliate? /sarcasm #thinkyouaregrasping

KCwolf 02-24-2014 09:00 PM

What is explanation of the Tampons/Tampax taken INSIDE the bar?

NewChief 02-24-2014 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCwolf (Post 10451473)

He lives in a house full of women?

Tribal Warfare 02-24-2014 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 10449855)
Tuttle and his Governor brother is definitely in on it. With the special task force asking for notes on the Yellow King case.

Also,Think about who is King in Louisiana in political terms( hold the sarcasm)? The Governor

Anyong Bluth 02-24-2014 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCwolf (Post 10451473)

Plot device for conversation starter and indicator that Marty wasn't going in with intentions to cheat or hiding he was at least a married father.

Also the girl went into it with her eyes wide open, fully aware that this was a family man.

Obviously daddy issues, and he is like the apex to her of an idealized surrogate protector.

Point being, dumb luck or fate or whatever, but Marty is tempted at his weakest moment and the devil drops this girl he had a connection with from the past right in his lap. Ain't life a cruel bitch!?

You don't take 3 jumbo boxes of assorted style tampons with you to the bar if you're looking for strange pussy.

Yes, that last sentence is amusingly odd.

Sure-Oz 02-24-2014 09:58 PM

Just caught ep 6...this show is just awesome. Oh and Marty's wife.....damn

Anyong Bluth 02-24-2014 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10451652)
Just caught ep 6...this show is just awesome. Oh and Marty's wife.....damn

Her cunning is on full display finally in that episode. Really interesting if her level of manipulation and deception will play out as a key related factor.

mcaj22 02-24-2014 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 10451456)
You want to toss Marty there too since he screwed a girl that he re-met by sheer chance which gave Maggie the reason to retaliate? /sarcasm #thinkyouaregrasping

well then...if i am grasping and shes not involved somehow, care to explain....

Pasta Little Brioni 02-24-2014 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10449512)
****ing killed it….again

Might just give up tv after this show ends.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhMPS7vCMAAxW3y.jpg

Great show for sure. Saying it is the only decent one is Fail again, but at least you are tolerable in here barely.Winter is coming..

beach tribe 02-25-2014 01:09 AM

So I checked this out after reading this thread and about to finish the 5th episode, and I have no words.

This is the best story I have ever seen or read, and the acting and production have me in awe.

There really is nothing I can compare it to. It is in a class all by itself. I am engulfed by this....astonished.

Anyong Bluth 02-25-2014 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10452143)
So I checked this out after reading this thread and about to finish the 5th episode, and I have no words.

This is the best story I have ever seen or read, and the acting and production have me in awe.

There really is nothing I can compare it to. It is in a class all by itself. I am engulfed by this....astonished.

That sounds like total bullshit and a bunch of cliché hyperbole.

Except, I kinda feel the exact same way about it. Actually, I'm right there with you in my awe of disbelief.

Every scene, another indiscriminate piece of the jigsaw.

They don't drop clues like steamy turds on a fresh cut lawn, playing down to the dumbest viewer.

Just like a detective working the case, you gotta put in the time to breakdown the episode. Recall, intelligence, attention to detail are rewarded with insight, scope, and perspective.

This series solidifies for me is concrete proof that the idea of an open ended series with no formulation of # of seasons or episodes from the start is downright moronic. It doesn't make sense to finally figure out a resolution and place a period at the end of that world's sentence typically just because the ratings have dropped off. That's aimless entertainment to fill time between commercials.

True Detective is a culmination of artists all contributing in the formation of what is truly a Masterpiece.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-25-2014 01:32 AM

It's a good show. The one season format will prop it up as welll.

beach tribe 02-25-2014 02:18 AM

Ill be damned if I didn't have to just get back up out of bed because episode 6 is on my PC and unwatched.
That has never happened to me before.

beach tribe 02-25-2014 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10452187)

I felt the same way about my post after reading it, but it's just a genuine statement

Quote:

Except, I kinda feel the exact same way about it. Actually, I'm right there with you in my awe of disbelief.

They don't drop clues like steamy turds on a fresh cut lawn, playing down to the dumbest viewer.

Just like a detective working the case, you gotta put in the time to breakdown the episode. Recall, intelligence, attention to detail are rewarded with insight, scope, and perspective.

This series solidifies for me is concrete proof that the idea of an open ended series with no formulation of # of seasons or episodes from the start is downright moronic. It doesn't make sense to finally figure out a resolution and place a period at the end of that world's sentence typically just because the ratings have dropped off. That's aimless entertainment to fill time between commercials.

True Detective is a culmination of artists all contributing in the formation of what is truly a Masterpiece.

Nicely put.

Bambi 02-25-2014 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 10451916)
Great show for sure. Saying it is the only decent one is Fail again, but at least you are tolerable in here barely.Winter is coming..

I like Game of Thrones. Pater Dinklage works out at my gym.

I wish it had more episodes every season understanding that it is a very different format from TD.

Bambi 02-25-2014 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 10451857)

hmmmmm, whats going on here? Is that Maggie or one of Marty's whores?

Bambi 02-25-2014 08:49 AM

Quote:

I'm starting to think that there really isn't going to be some crazy twist involved at the end which all these online theories are speculating over.

And you know what? I'd be 100% okay with that. Here is a good article that strangely parallels the "Detective's Curse"... Instead of trying to dissect every single frame of the show and what it means, who is the yellow kings, blah blah blah....Maybe we as the audience need to just appreciate what we're watching as we're watching it. It's right here under our nose.

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2014/02/tru...uided-opinion/

vailpass 02-25-2014 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 10450397)
Ok, so then why highlight the fact that he bought 3 boxes of tampons? They made a point of showing us the tampons a couple of times.

During the course of my marriage I went to the store for a lot of embarrassing girl things for my wife. Never took any of them into the bar...

Pasta Little Brioni 02-25-2014 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10452420)

I wish it had more episodes every season understanding that it is a very different format from TD.

That is cool. Seems like a cool guy to shoot the breeze with. Yeah it is hard for them to squeeze that much story in a short season.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-25-2014 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 10452479)
During the course of my marriage I went to the store for a lot of embarrassing girl things for my wife. Never took any of them into the bar...

We're you trying to score poon from a crazy with daddy issues at the time ;)

SAUTO 02-25-2014 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10452423)
hmmmmm, whats going on here? Is that Maggie or one of Marty's whores?

maggie

Anyong Bluth 02-25-2014 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10452428)
I'm starting to think that there really isn't going to be some crazy twist involved at the end which all these online theories are speculating over.

And you know what? I'd be 100% okay with that. Here is a good article that strangely parallels the "Detective's Curse"... Instead of trying to dissect every single frame of the show and what it means, who is the yellow kings, blah blah blah....Maybe we as the audience need to just appreciate what we're watching as we're watching it. It's right here under our nose.

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2014/02/tru...uided-opinion/

You could be right. Just like how many kind of felt at the end of The Usual Suspects before it got all the cult film buzz, and were able to go into watching it the 1st time blind. Word of mouth simply has a built in negative effect of self imagined expectation. Doesn't mean it ruins it, but it alters taking in that experience.

gblowfish 02-25-2014 09:45 AM

If a girl orders a dirty martini, you can PIIHB.

Anyong Bluth 02-25-2014 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 10451144)

If that's the case, it would possibly explain the older daughter's irrational vitriol towards Marty- when nothing on the show has dictated he's not a good father and clearly exhibits a paternal protective instinct very naturally, and from all we have seen a loving and supportive father.

Maggie clearly is way more purposely manipulative than anyone could possibly know before this last episode, and has formal medical training and access to drugs.

There are sadly many documented cases of victims of repeated sexual abuse being mentally broken via a systematic process.

Google "Monarch Programming" - it's crazy, scary, and completely fascinating.

allen_kcCard 02-25-2014 10:26 AM

Quote:

Red Herring?

Baby Lee 02-25-2014 11:23 AM

I'll just leave this here.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6DN4jqynmLs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Carlota69 02-25-2014 12:05 PM

Quote:

Nice find

Tribal Warfare 02-25-2014 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 10452591)
Red Herring?

Spoiler!

eazyb81 02-25-2014 02:21 PM

I think there's a possibility that Rust is somehow involved in some sort of multiple personality way. In a tie in with The King in Yellow, the case may have made him go mad. His crazy hallucinations from earlier in the season may have been the foreshadowing here.<br><br>Also keep in mind that the "spaghetti monster"/"giant with scars" descriptions may not be totally accurate since the victims were supposedly dosed up with acid and meth. Could make them see things that aren't there, which is what the perpetrators may want.&nbsp;<br><br>I keep going back to the weird picture in Dora Lange's house of a young girl (presumably Dora) surrounded by five masked guys on horses. If these really were the five cult members as a common theory suggests, how did they get close to her at such a young age and then kill her later? Why was this picture even in her mom's house? And why didn't Rust or Marty even ask about this picture?&nbsp;<br><br>Also, what would be the significant of Beth = Marie Fontenot? Some have speculated on this but I don't get what it would have to do with the actual case.&nbsp;

bowener 02-25-2014 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 10453005)
I think there's a possibility that Rust is somehow involved in some sort of multiple personality way. In a tie in with The King in Yellow, the case may have made him go mad. His crazy hallucinations from earlier in the season may have been the foreshadowing here.<br><br>Also keep in mind that the "spaghetti monster"/"giant with scars" descriptions may not be totally accurate since the victims were supposedly dosed up with acid and meth. Could make them see things that aren't there, which is what the perpetrators may want.&nbsp;<br><br>I keep going back to the weird picture in Dora Lange's house of a young girl (presumably Dora) surrounded by five masked guys on horses. If these really were the five cult members as a common theory suggests, how did they get close to her at such a young age and then kill her later? Why was this picture even in her mom's house? And why didn't Rust or Marty even ask about this picture?&nbsp;<br><br>Also, what would be the significant of Beth = Marie Fontenot? Some have speculated on this but I don't get what it would have to do with the actual case.&nbsp;

I think Tuttle is the giant with scars... his scars are just covered up by his suits. Marie Fontenot was a little girl who was kidnapped like the other kids, and used for rape, then murdered. When he is going through the database of missing children the majority of them said "filed in error" or something similar. Somehow the parents or guardians were paid off/threatened or the police filed them as such so that nobody would go back and look for them.

edit: It did just occur to me that they may keep the young females hostage until they grow too old for their purpose, at which point they are sacrificed. The boys are not needed for sacrifice and thus are allowed to die at any point (the boy in the trailer was already dead).

Bambi 02-25-2014 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 10453005)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhNIqdwCIAEokHp.jpg:large

BigRedChief 02-25-2014 04:02 PM

Quote:

What is in this screenshot I'm suppose to be seeing?

NewChief 02-25-2014 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10453217)

Art in hospital mural is very similar to that on their bedroom wall.

Baby Lee 02-25-2014 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10453217)

I'd might be more obvious if you saw the second image first, but;

Spoiler!

bowener 02-25-2014 05:37 PM

As I sit here I fear this series is going to end open, and that the intention of the writer is for the audience to rewatch this series several times trying to solve it themselves. I think Pizzolatto will give out the key to the answer in the final episode, but will not give us the revelation we want. And I firmly believe that either Hart or Cohle will be killed by their own hand or their partner's hand.

With only two episodes remaining there just doesn't seem to be enough time for them to topple this secret group and have the involved parties put away. All of that would certainly fit well with the "time is a flat circle" discussion.

Spoiler!

beach tribe 02-25-2014 05:56 PM

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/h...psfcb4438a.gif

Sure-Oz 02-25-2014 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10453401)

OMG the ASS

beach tribe 02-25-2014 05:58 PM

NSFW
The nsfw tag didn't work or something.

vailpass 02-25-2014 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10452420)

Short sets?

aturnis 02-25-2014 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10453403)
OMG the ASS

Iowa girl representing.

Brock 02-25-2014 08:06 PM

Anybody read the television without pity recaps of this show? The guy hates the show. And he makes a lot of good points, not that it makes me like the show any less.

aturnis 02-25-2014 08:09 PM

What points is he making?

L.A. Chieffan 02-25-2014 08:24 PM

It's one of those love it or hate it type shows. I love it.

Bambi 02-25-2014 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10453404)
NSFW
The nsfw tag didn't work or something.

wtf is this? What does it have to do with True Detective? Why didn't you post it sooner?

Brock 02-25-2014 09:05 PM

Can anyone find a screencap of the masked man that appears in next weeks preview? I mean the guy who appears in the dirty drawings marty's girl drew.

L.A. Chieffan 02-25-2014 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10453823)
wtf is this? What does it have to do with True Detective? Why didn't you post it sooner?

I think that's from Banshee. Another great show actually, I'm surprised there isn't more talk about it on here.

Tribal Warfare 02-26-2014 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 10453835)
I think that's from Banshee. Another great show actually, I'm surprised there isn't more talk about it on here.

An old school throwback with violence, action, and gratuitous titty flashes.This is a program that warms your heart.

Brock 02-26-2014 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10453647)
What points is he making?

For example, when the black preacher was giving his monologue about sticks tied together to keep kids busy, the camera was focused in closeup on the cross in the church. I didn't notice that. Seems heavy handed in hindsight.

aturnis 02-26-2014 05:29 PM

Not sure the problem here... I personally have no problem with that.

Brock 02-26-2014 06:30 PM

I personally don't either.

underEJ 02-26-2014 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 10455091)
For example, when the black preacher was giving his monologue about sticks tied together to keep kids busy, the camera was focused in closeup on the cross in the church. I didn't notice that. Seems heavy handed in hindsight.

That is called mise en scene, and I love it. More more more! I also read a couple of his recaps and I don't think he really hates it that much, he just loves himself a whole lot more.

I do think he is dead wrong on the most recent episode where he speaks of Maggie getting the Skyler White treatment, though. I don't think Maggie could ever be as uninteresting as Skyler White. She may be bad, she may be good, she may be crazy, but she will never be uninteresting to me. This character holds her own with way less screen time than Skyler ever got. And, yes, she was called a whore by the men in the show, but I don't think viewers will hate her because of it or think she is an obstacle. I have never hated Skyler because she was an obstacle to Walter. I hated her because she was a vapid character with nothing to add to the otherwise very dynamic cast of characters. The Maggie character is a really textured presentation of a woman, not something we see very often on television. I truly hope people see the difference.

vailpass 02-26-2014 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underEJ (Post 10455757)
That is called mise en scene, and I love it. More more more! I also read a couple of his recaps and I don't think he really hates it that much, he just loves himself a whole lot more.

I do think he is dead wrong on the most recent episode where he speaks of Maggie getting the Skyler White treatment, though. I don't think Maggie could ever be as uninteresting as Skyler White. She may be bad, she may be good, she may be crazy, but she will never be uninteresting to me. This character holds her own with way less screen time than Skyler ever got. And, yes, she was called a whore by the men in the show, but I don't think viewers will hate her because of it or think she is an obstacle. I have never hated Skyler because she was an obstacle to Walter. I hated her because she was a vapid character with nothing to add to the otherwise very dynamic cast of characters. The Maggie character is a really textured presentation of a woman, not something we see very often on television. I truly hope people see the difference.

Someone's in the biz...

Anyong Bluth 02-26-2014 07:00 PM

Totally off-topic, but if you've never seen these guys and their shows, it's hilarious.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/27/agere7ut.jpg

ragedogg69 02-27-2014 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 10453835)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 10454261)
An old school throwback with violence, action, and gratuitous titty flashes.This is a program that warms your heart.

I love Banshee as much as True Detective. I cannot recommend it enough. It is such stupid fun. Take Odette Annable, who was the hot girl from House and Cloverfield. She has no native american roots, but they gave her a spray tan and now she is a bad ass native american assassin getting naked. Because why not?!?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 10453635)
Anybody read the television without pity recaps of this show? The guy hates the show. And he makes a lot of good points, not that it makes me like the show any less.

There is so much hate watching at TWOP. Yes it is fun to a point, but reading pages of a debate on whether Sally Draper could actually confuse a bottle of alcohol for a bottle of mable syrup is a perfect example of the fun sucking that goes on over there.

Anyong Bluth 02-27-2014 07:46 PM

Saw an interesting mention:
Reginald LeDoux roughly means The Second King.

Now we've got 2 episodes to find the first, The Yellow.

bowener 02-27-2014 09:13 PM

Something that may have been brought up in here: Started rewatching the show tonight and Tuttle and Hart both have a very similar ring. Tuttle is constantly messing with his in episode 1. Right as he and Hart are about to shake hands (with some interesting eye contact), it looks like they both turn their rings toward their palms. It may just be coincidence. I checked online and this has been discussed quite a bit apparently.

I'm starting to think Hart has some knowledge or involvement at this point. All the weird drawings around the house, his daughter, his behavior toward people in general (especially women), the fact that the cops seem to be in on or helping cover up some of the kidnappings and deaths.

It was also noted online that Ledeoux and some other baddie (sorry forgot who right now and no time to look it up) have almost identical scars on their foreheads/faces like they were hit or punched or marked with something similar.

ragedogg69 03-02-2014 02:44 PM

So according to the creator, tonight we find out for sure if the detectives had anything to do with the murders. Also said that this is the beginning of Act 3. So expect to be wanting more tonight.

One more thing I read is to stop expecting some out of the blue twist. He said it was a very planned series.

SPATCH 03-02-2014 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10453469)
Iowa girl representing.

Except there is no way that wasn't stunt ass.

beach tribe 03-02-2014 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 10462777)
Except there is no way that wasn't stunt ass.

Kidding right?

Brock 03-02-2014 07:09 PM

I'm of the opinion that that's what I imagine Michelle Monaghan's ass looks like. Whilst I fap.

SPATCH 03-02-2014 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10463274)
Kidding right?

Not kidding. That was first class best in show ass, dude.

Bambi 03-02-2014 07:18 PM

lol

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>It&#39;s almost time for the show biz event of the year . The 7th episode of HBOs TRUE DETECTIVE can&#39;t wait.</p>&mdash; Chris Rock (@chrisrock) <a href="https://twitter.com/chrisrock/statuses/440248796233351168">March 2, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bowser 03-02-2014 07:20 PM

This show has been the best surprise on TV for my buck in a long, long time. Very much looking forward to the last two episodes, but very much not looking forward to it being over.

Bambi 03-02-2014 07:23 PM

http://static.someecards.com/someeca...0af965bcfb.png

beach tribe 03-02-2014 07:48 PM

Just thought about it, and am wondering if Harrelson came out and blasted the guy so he couldn't say anything about knowing him, and not just because he was in shock at what he saw.

beach tribe 03-02-2014 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 10463310)
Not kidding. That was first class best in show ass, dude.

Absolutely. I'm just pretty sure she's got a great ass.
I have a hard time believing they had an ass stand in.

Dr. Gigglepants 03-02-2014 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10453401)

Which episode is this? It was my first episode I saw last week, I assumed it was the first since it was constant flashbacks. So I just watched episodes 2 and 3 tonight. I'm starting to realize the whole show is constant flashbacks now, and I think I might be out of order.

But holy shit, the last shot of episode 3, the guy in nothing but underwear and a gas mask with the machete. I was watching this alone and I actually said out loud "What the ****!"

GloucesterChief 03-02-2014 08:58 PM

Next episode: Hart's Roaring Rampage of Revenge! Also known as Cohle's Got an Army.

Simply Red 03-02-2014 09:02 PM

oh boy.

GloucesterChief 03-02-2014 10:30 PM

Pizzolatto dropped a hint in a deleted tweet that next season will have a female perspective.

So, start the rumors for casting.

Brock 03-02-2014 10:57 PM

This can't really be done in an hour, can it?

Tribal Warfare 03-02-2014 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 10395671)
It's like McConaughey decided to become a good actor out of nowhere

And Matthew won the Oscar tonight

bowener 03-03-2014 01:11 AM

This show, while great, hasn't wowed me the last few weeks.

keg in kc 03-03-2014 09:24 AM

Seemed like it lost some steam this week, too much infodump.

Buck 03-03-2014 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10463801)
Seemed like it lost some steam this week, too much infodump.

I see what you mean, but I still enjoyed the hell out of it. Seems like they had 4 more episodes of story to tell and only 2 episodes to do it, so they chose the 7th episode to get us caught up for the big finale.

All I can say is that every single episode of this show is better than anything that I've seen on TV since Breaking Bad, and that's saying a lot.

Bambi 03-03-2014 11:06 AM

This show is definitely a victim of the internet running crazy with theories, symbols that aren't really there, etc etc. And that's a good thing. There isn't going to be any crazy twist at the end and that's just fine. I've really enjoyed it and find myself laughing as these two run around now as if they're in a retiring home finishing out this whole story. What a show.

KC_Connection 03-03-2014 11:32 AM

Some people may not like the loss of some of the prevailing questions, but I had no problem with finally providing the exposition. Still a great episode that thoroughly entertained and sets up for a great finale. With the two of them back together working this final investigation, it's as if they've come full circle now from the beginning of the show. Despite all the theories about the prevailing mystery, it was always really a show about the relationship between these two characters.

KevB 03-03-2014 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10463980)
Some people may not like the loss of some of the prevailing questions, but I had no problem with finally providing the exposition. Still a great episode that thoroughly entertained and sets up for a great finale. With the two of them back together working this final investigation, it's as if they've come full circle now from the beginning of the show. Despite all the theories about the prevailing mystery, it was always really a show about the relationship between these two characters.

Exactly. With only eight episodes, there was no way the show could have gone down the path some of these theories suggest. There was never going to be time for that. Hell, there isn't going to be time to explain a lot of the open items that are obvious, much less those obscure, perceived clues some have brought to the table.