ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Star Wars: Rebels (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273208)

DaneMcCloud 04-20-2015 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11447257)
6 episodes into season 1 of Rebels. Can't say its been great but it is good. Don't know that I will go back and watch all of Clone wars though.

It completely blows up in Season 2. People say the premiere felt like a Star Wars movie, not TV.

We're plowing through TCW and if you haven't seen it, I'd highly recommend. It is just sooooooooooooo good.

keg in kc 04-20-2015 02:26 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Av8GjpGK98A?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties 04-20-2015 02:36 PM

They need to alter JEJs voice a bit. It's not deep enough. Age has changed it.

DaneMcCloud 04-20-2015 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numbah One (Post 11447966)
They need to alter JEJs voice a bit. It's not deep enough. Age has changed it.

I think they probably pitched it up, because he's much younger in Rebels than in later years.

Also, I felt like they used too much Eventide Harmonizer, which is set to pitch shift the voice. They used much less in Empire and even less in Return. I know they're trying to get back to that 70's vibe and Ralph McQuarrie's original art but there's no reason to drown JEJ's voice in a pitch shifting effect.

Hammock Parties 04-20-2015 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11448005)
I think they probably pitched it up, because he's much younger in Rebels than in later years.

Also, I felt like they used too much Eventide Harmonizer, which is set to pitch shift the voice. They used much less in Empire and even less in Return. I know they're trying to get back to that 70's vibe and Ralph McQuarrie's original art but there's no reason to drown JEJ's voice in a pitch shifting effect.

Agreed completely. I've always liked Vader's voice in Empire the best.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/I95Qgv7tynI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties 04-20-2015 02:57 PM

Man, I'm watching Vader clips and just hoping Kylo Ren is 75% of the asshole Vader was.

We need a real villain, not that prequel bullshit.

From what I've heard the movie opens with Ren establishing himself as a cruel, sadistic son of a bitch, though. :evil:

bevischief 04-20-2015 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11447239)
It hasn't been announced yet. The hour long Season 2 premiere was shown at Star Wars Celebration but no release date was given.

Rumor the first 2 this summer and the rest this fall.

DaneMcCloud 04-20-2015 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 11448061)
Rumor the first 2 this summer and the rest this fall.

Interesting, thanks.

Disney would be wise to premiere it on ABC.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-20-2015 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numbah One (Post 11448022)
Man, I'm watching Vader clips and just hoping Kylo Ren is 75% of the asshole Vader was.

From what I've heard the movie opens with Ren establishing himself as a cruel, sadistic son of a bitch, though. :evil:

I think it's safe to say that Ren will be the most hated mother****er in SW history by the end of the movie.

007 04-20-2015 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numbah One (Post 11448022)

spoilers dude.

NewChief 04-23-2015 06:02 AM

Despite my initial adverse reaction to the Disney takeover of the franchise and my lingering dislike for the animation style of Rebels, I started watching this last night.

I was pleasantly surprised at how entertained I was through the first two episodes. Still dislike the wookie ripoff character with a british accent... but otherwise like it.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-23-2015 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 11453713)
Despite my initial adverse reaction to the Disney takeover of the franchise and my lingering dislike for the animation style of Rebels, I started watching this last night.

I was pleasantly surprised at how entertained I was through the first two episodes. Still dislike the wookie ripoff character with a british accent... but otherwise like it.

Now that you mention it, that thing looks like the old concept art for Chewie.

NewChief 04-23-2015 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams (Post 11453754)
Now that you mention it, that thing looks like the old concept art for Chewie.

Correct. It's the protoWookie.

So I when the Destruction of the EU happened, I was playing the SW tabletop game with some other people who were major SW geeks abd hugely invested in the EU. As such, my feelings about the mouse takeover of the franchise were probably biased by those people.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-23-2015 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 11453766)
Correct. It's the UrWookie.

So I when the Destruction of the EU happened, I was playing the SW tabletop game with some other people who were major SW geeks abd hugely invested in the EU. As such, my feelings about the mouse takeover of the franchise were probably biased by those people.

It doesn't really bother me because a bunch of the post-Jedi stuff was garbage, and should have been treated as "tales and adventures" rather than cannon.

As long as they stay out of the Old Republic, everything is groovy.

Barret 04-23-2015 07:28 AM

Could Kylo Ren have found a Sith Holocron that was produced by Revan? If there are no sith to teach any new Sith this might explain the body armor and the old style lightsaber.

Ren could only learn from the Holocron so he thought he could be "Billy Badass" if he adopted the same look and saber style?

NewChief 04-23-2015 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams (Post 11453770)
It doesn't really bother me because a bunch of the post-Jedi stuff was garbage, and should have been treated as "tales and adventures" rather than cannon.

As long as they stay out of the Old Republic, everything is groovy.

Yeah. The storylines don't both me as much as the races/planets and such, which they haven't really messed with that much. But, creating some new race like the Lasat and the character Zeb just seems sort of silly and unnecessary.

I wasn't that big of a SW geek in all honesty. I mean, I'm probably geekier about it than the average person, but I haven't read all the comics and books. But I can certainly see how people who HAVE read all the comics and books are annoyed by the wipe, especially when you now have bullshit like midichlorians as canon and cool shit from the comics/books wiped.

DaneMcCloud 04-23-2015 09:12 AM

At last week's Star Wars Celebration, Pablo Hidalgo said that there was so much confusion post-Jedi that the only solution was to wipe it clean and call it "Legends". They have no intention of touching the Old Republic characters and stories that were set 1,000 years (or generations-whatever it is) before ANH.

Pablo also indicated that it's possible that some post Jedi characters will receive new stories in the coming years. I guess the crowd yelled "Thrawn!" and "Mara Jade!" to which Pablo only smiled.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-23-2015 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 11453796)
Yeah. The storylines don't both me as much as the races/planets and such, which they haven't really messed with that much. But, creating some new race like the Lasat and the character Zeb just seems sort of silly and unnecessary.

I wasn't that big of a SW geek in all honesty. I mean, I'm probably geekier about it than the average person, but I haven't read all the comics and books. But I can certainly see how people who HAVE read all the comics and books are annoyed by the wipe, especially when you now have bullshit like midichlorians as canon and cool shit from the comics/books wiped.

If you look at the title, "the force awakens" and combine it with some of the small leaks we have regarding this "awakening", it becomes clear that there is a great possibility of moving away from the midiclorians as a determining factor for force sensitivity via a monumental shift in the force itself.

The problem with midiclorians, is that George used a cheap and fast way for the Jedi to be able to scientifically identify infants for force-sensitivity, when what he SHOULD have done is have the Jedi investigate on a case-by-case basis as the force manifested itself in the children.
But then you wouldn't have infants in the temple. Which always seemed dumb to me anyway.
He could have had Qui-Gon simply reach out with the force, get a read on Anakin, and then have a 'shit my pants'-moment as he understands just how powerful he could become.
Problem solved.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11453891)
At last week's Star Wars Celebration, Pablo Hidalgo said that there was so much confusion post-Jedi that the only solution was to wipe it clean and call it "Legends". They have no intention of touching the Old Republic characters and stories that were set 1,000 years (or generations-whatever it is) before ANH.

Pablo also indicated that it's possible that some post Jedi characters will receive new stories in the coming years. I guess the crowd yelled "Thrawn!" and "Mara Jade!" to which Pablo only smiled.

How in the hell could they work Jade in to this? That's supposed to be Luke's wife. And if Luke is pulling Obi-Wan duty on some rock...

Eh, who knows?

Good to hear that they are not messing with TOR.

DaneMcCloud 04-23-2015 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams (Post 11454682)
How in the hell could they work Jade in to this? That's supposed to be Luke's wife. And if Luke is pulling Obi-Wan duty on some rock...

Good to hear that they are not messing with TOR.

The discussion wasn't about Episode VII, it was about the possibility of rebooting and reintroducing beloved characters from the EU Legends into the Post-Jedi new universe.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-24-2015 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11455259)
The discussion wasn't about Episode VII, it was about the possibility of rebooting and reintroducing beloved characters from the EU Legends into the Post-Jedi new universe.

Eh, we'll see.

NewChief 04-29-2015 07:58 AM

So I finished this season last night. I'm totally sold on it, now.

I will be curious to see where they go with it. The first season relied pretty heavily on the "caper" plotlines where the crew (each with their own roles) go on some mission. That was really cool to me, because it reminded me of playing the Edge of the Empire tabletop RPG which pretty much uses that same trope. However, that can only go so long without starting to feel a little stale, so I'll be curious to see where they go from here as they move into more sweeping story arcs.

DaneMcCloud 04-29-2015 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 11465453)
So I finished this season last night. I'm totally sold on it, now.

I will be curious to see where they go with it. The first season relied pretty heavily on the "caper" plotlines where the crew (each with their own roles) go on some mission. That was really cool to me, because it reminded me of playing the Edge of the Empire tabletop RPG which pretty much uses that same trope. However, that can only go so long without starting to feel a little stale, so I'll be curious to see where they go from here as they move into more sweeping story arcs.

Have you seen the Season Two Trailer?

<a href="<iframe width=" 560"="" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Aj5FbXYLaP8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="">"><a href="<iframe width=" 560"="" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Aj5FbXYLaP8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""><iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Aj5FbXYLaP8" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/<ifra...reen></iframe>

DaneMcCloud 04-29-2015 10:43 AM

http://www.slashfilm.com/dave-filoni...ra-lightsaber/

Dave Filoni Explains Ezra's Lightsaber/Blaster

As a Star Wars fan one of the things that really threw me for a loop last season was the Ezra lightsaber, which is both a blaster and a lightsaber. What were the logistics of actually making that happen?

The lightsaber itself as it exists is perfect. There’d be no reason to change it. So Kanan has a kind of classic lightsaber. For me, when challenged with looking at a character like Ezra I thought, ‘There’s no way I can believe this kid can fight one to one with any sort of real character we’re gonna have.’ You know, he’s gonna get his butt kicked. So we had him build into his functioning saber. ‘What if it was like a revolver saber where it could actually fire a bit’ And that way he can keep people at range and only saber fight as the last resort.

And for [art director] Kilian Plunkett and I, we try to limit ourselves and say, ‘If we only had the devices to make a saber as they did in the ’70s as a prop, let’s go down to the hardware store and see how we would build this thing.’ And we instantly started looking at nail guns and staple guns. If you look at a silhouette, it reminds you of those things and we kind of fashioned it [that way]. And what I like is that it looks like something that’s from the era of the original trilogy in its shape. That ‘It’s a lightsaber’ is a bit surprising more than ‘It fires as a blaster’ is a bit surprising. I think it’s a function that, as Ezra gets better, would go away. But for now it’s something he actually needs to survive.

Was it something that was hard to get by the story group? ‘Cause it is so different from everything else we’ve seen.

No, I don’t think so. I mean, everybody seemed to be in favor of it. Any time you change something like a lightsaber, obviously it’s a flash button. You know, you put a little guard on the lightsaber and suddenly it goes nuts for a while. But in a way that’s good ’cause it means it’s new. It means you hadn’t thought of it and it challenges you. And as I’ve said before, we have to keep challenging the Star Wars viewer not just keep doing what we’ve always done. But add new and interesting twists of things. Even like lightsabers.

We’ll have more from Filoni and fellow producer Simon Kinberg on Star Wars Rebels soon.

NewChief 04-29-2015 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11465707)
Have you seen the Season Two Trailer?

<a href="<iframe width=" 560"="" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Aj5FbXYLaP8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="">"><a href="<iframe width=" 560"="" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Aj5FbXYLaP8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""><iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Aj5FbXYLaP8" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/<ifra...reen></iframe>

Very nice. Looks pretty amazeballs. The potential of a Vader/Ahsoka reunion... very interesting.

So are there multiple jedi hunters? We had the Inquisitor. Now we have Vader. And there's another dark side force user (looks almost like a droid) as well it appears. It also shows that one fire up a saber right after someone says, "They'll all be coming now."

Also, I like that they explained in the last episode, why Kanaan keeps his saber in two pieces (because he's somewhat ashamed/repressed about his jedi nature due to deserting his master). That had been bothering me up until that point.

DaneMcCloud 04-29-2015 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 11465804)
Very nice. Looks pretty amazeballs. The potential of a Vader/Ahsoka reunion... very interesting.

I agree, Season Two looks to be absolutely amazing. There's so much that can be told from the beginning of the Rebellion to Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One, which by all accounts, will lead directly to A New Hope.

After all of these decades, LucasFilm is finally getting it all right.

duncan_idaho 04-29-2015 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11465823)
I agree, Season Two looks to be absolutely amazing. There's so much that can be told from the beginning of the Rebellion to Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One, which by all accounts, will lead directly to A New Hope.

After all of these decades, LucasFilm is finally getting it all right.

... and all they had to do was remove a certain person from the power structure/decision-making process...

DaneMcCloud 04-29-2015 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 11465830)
... and all they had to do was remove a certain person from the power structure/decision-making process...

Actually, after George saw Avatar at James Cameron's place the first time, he was blown away, so much so, that he decided himself to begin making plans for more movies, post-Jedi, sans directing and writing. He felt that he was at his limit in the Star Wars galaxy, which to me, was a very selfless gesture.

Say what you will about the prequels but George Lucas single-handedly changed the way movies are made, period. From the creation of LucasFilm, which acted as an independent film company, to the creation of ILM and the retention of merchandising rights, the Hollywood Model was literally transformed overnight with the success of the original Star Wars.

He created Droid, which was the first digital editing system, which he later sold to a couple of guys who would then change the name to Avid, which has been the leading video editing software worldwide. There isn't a Post House in the world that doesn't have an Avid Media system. He also created Pixar, the first digital studio and sold it to his friend Steve Jobs for $10 million.

The Clone Wars series is an absolute masterpiece of animation, voice acting, direction and story telling.

The man has been a visionary story teller unlike any the world has ever seen. It's a shame that so many post 40 year olds blame him for "ruining their childhood".

NewChief 04-29-2015 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11465850)

He created Droid, which was the first digital editing system, which he later sold to a couple of guys who would then change the name to Avid, which has been the leading video editing software worldwide. There isn't a Post House in the world that doesn't have an Avid Media system. He also created Pixar, the first digital studio and sold it to his friend Steve Jobs for $10 million.

I had no clue that he had a hand in the creation of Avid. That's crazy.

duncan_idaho 04-29-2015 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11465850)
Actually, after George saw Avatar at James Cameron's place the first time, he was blown away, so much so, that he decided himself to begin making plans for more movies, post-Jedi, sans directing and writing. He felt that he was at his limit in the Star Wars galaxy, which to me, was a very selfless gesture.

Say what you will about the prequels but George Lucas single-handedly changed the way movies are made, period. From the creation of LucasFilm, which acted as an independent film company, to the creation of ILM and the retention of merchandising rights, the Hollywood Model was literally transformed overnight with the success of the original Star Wars.

The Clone Wars series is an absolute masterpiece of animation, voice acting, direction and story telling.

The man has been a visionary story teller unlike any the world has ever seen. It's a shame that so many post 40 year olds blame him for "ruining their childhood".

I think he's a brilliant innovator, no doubt. And this defense of him rings very true.

He's just out of his depth when contributing on dialogue and directing, in my opinion.

The Core story of the prequel trilogy is excellent and has tremendous potential. Some of it falls flat due to hollow dialogue and decisions made about the script/direction.

I probably like the prequel trilogy (And especially revenge of the sith) much more than most people.

DaneMcCloud 04-29-2015 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 11465865)
I think he's a brilliant innovator, no doubt. And this defense of him rings very true.

He's just out of his depth when contributing on dialogue and directing, in my opinion.

The crazy thing is that once upon a time, he had it. It would be hard to imagine American Graffiti or the original Star Wars in the hands of anyone else.

And look at the cast of the prequels, from Natalie Portman to Ewan McGregor (who wasn't a gigantic movie star at the time) to Kiera Knightly to Rose Byrne to even Liam Neeson, who up to that point, hadn't been an "Action Star", something he's traded on for nearly the last decade.

But what I should have stated is that finally, he's let go of the Star Wars universe and obviously left it in more capable hands, something he couldn't do even in 2001. Steven Speilberg begged and begged and begged him to direct Attack of the Clones but George said no.

And while I'm not a fan of all things Spielberg (especially the childish sentimental twinges he often feels obligated to include), Saving Private Ryan was a masterpiece of film making and to see him follow that up with AOTC could have been epic.

DaneMcCloud 04-29-2015 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 11465854)
I had no clue that he had a hand in the creation of Avid. That's crazy.

Yep, it was his creation.

He also "Ghost" edited Jurassic Park.

DaneMcCloud 05-01-2015 03:05 PM

Lucasfilm and Disney XD have announced that the second season of "Star Wars" is set to debut on Saturday, June 20th at 9pm. That's considerably earlier than expected.

The new season commences with the one-hour episode "The Siege of Lothal" which screened at Star Wars Celebration the other weekend. The downside? The remaining episodes of the second season though won't start airing until this Fall.

Prominent recurring roles in the second season include Darth Vader (James Earl Jones ), Ahsoka Tano (Ashley Eckstein) Captain Rex, Wolffe and Gregor (all voiced by Dee Bradley Baker).

keg in kc 06-16-2015 01:01 PM

<iframe width="603" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/la_sOubY2jA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-16-2015 04:51 PM

Can't wait for vintage Vader.

DaneMcCloud 06-16-2015 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams (Post 11551905)
Can't wait for vintage Vader.

It'll be a travesty Vader doesn't appear in Rogue One and the film in which Trank was supposed to direct.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-16-2015 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11552050)
It'll be a travesty Vader doesn't appear in Rogue One and the film in which Trank was supposed to direct.

I'm sure he will.

It is a law:

You can not have SW without Vader in some capacity.

As even the new film clearly demonstrates.

keg in kc 06-16-2015 06:35 PM

Need to have as much Vader as possible for as long as Jones is able to do voice work.

007 06-16-2015 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11551570)
<iframe width="603" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/la_sOubY2jA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

With all the force power we have seen lately, it seems Vader should have been able to just force grab their ship to keep it from taking off.

Anyong Bluth 06-17-2015 07:12 AM

Wait. . .

So, they are going to show 1 episode of season 2 on Saturday, but then you have to wait until probably the end of September to see the next episode?
I'm assuming that season 2 will conclude a week or two before VII hits theaters...

I thought it was cool they were doing such a rapid launch of the 2nd season, but a one-off cocktease sucks!

With Disney's resources and the built-in audience, they could and should have 3 or 4 of these going simultaneously. There is plenty of period gaps to feature multiple series.

Obviously the seasons tend to run over a 3 to 4 month period.
I just think it would be a novel idea if by having a few series in production at the same time they were able to deliver a *new* Star Wars universe episode each week throughout the entire year.

It would be a unique achievement. Calling back to the days of radio and before that weekly serials.

DaneMcCloud 06-17-2015 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 11552976)
Wait. . .

So, they are going to show 1 episode of season 2 on Saturday, but then you have to wait until probably the end of September to see the next episode?
I'm assuming that season 2 will conclude a week or two before VII hits theaters...

I thought it was cool they were doing such a rapid launch of the 2nd season, but a one-off cocktease sucks!

With Disney's resources and the built-in audience, they could and should have 3 or 4 of these going simultaneously. There is plenty of period gaps to feature multiple series.

Obviously the seasons tend to run over a 3 to 4 month period.
I just think it would be a novel idea if by having a few series in production at the same time they were able to deliver a *new* Star Wars universe episode each week throughout the entire year.

It would be a unique achievement. Calling back to the days of radio and before that weekly serials.

The resources just aren't available for something as massive as you've described. A new Star Wars animated series, with new characters, would be extremely difficult to launch while Rebels is in production.

It would be surprising if Disney launched another animated series before the end of Rebels, as the comics are filling in the events between III & VI as well as between VI & VII.

Anyong Bluth 06-17-2015 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11553276)
The resources just aren't available for something as massive as you've described. A new Star Wars animated series, with new characters, would be extremely difficult to launch while Rebels is in production.

It would be surprising if Disney launched another animated series before the end of Rebels, as the comics are filling in the events between III & VI as well as between VI & VII.

No, there are resources available, but I'll agree with what I think you're meaning to say. It's not enough quality resources available.

It would make things more and more complicated for keeping continuity and maintaining quality

unlurking 06-17-2015 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11553276)

Makes sense. I just hope it's a complete story. Throwing a cliffhanger out there would be pretty cruel. If they are starting off a multi-episode story line, I'll wait until the fall to watch it.

DaneMcCloud 06-17-2015 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 11553658)
Makes sense. I just hope it's a complete story. Throwing a cliffhanger out there would be pretty cruel. If they are starting off a multi-episode story line, I'll wait until the fall to watch it.

Oh, for this one hour special? I would imagine it'll have a cliff hanger but who knows? That said, I'm stoked to see it either way. Today's 59 second trailer was awesome.

And Vader will be a significant part of this season so it should be awesome to see the interaction between him, Asohka and Rex.

Tribal Warfare 06-17-2015 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11551570)

I got half a chub watching that

keg in kc 06-18-2015 11:38 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ifRoDS3Xstg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OeaTwSrYS-4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bowser 06-18-2015 06:42 PM

I still like the Clone Wars animation over Rebels, at least for the character perspectives. Rebels space battle animation is pretty awesome.

DaneMcCloud 06-18-2015 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11555869)
I still like the Clone Wars animation over Rebels, at least for the character perspectives. Rebels space battle animation is pretty awesome.

To me, the Rebels Season 2 previews look to be every bit as good visually as The Clone Wars but I agree, Season 1 was certainly a few ticks behind.

We only have about 10 episodes left of the Clone Wars and I really enjoyed more than 90% of the episodes. Several in Season 5 seemed rather worthless to the overall tale but it's definitely an "A" in my book.

That said, Rebels Season 2 looks to top it, which makes sense because TCW essentially set up Rebels, especially with Rex, Wolff and Asohka.

keg in kc 06-19-2015 01:09 PM

<iframe width="603" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HdI86nfib3M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties 06-19-2015 01:15 PM

We only got to see Vader wreck shit in his TIE once before this so...this...is...INCREDIBLE.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-19-2015 04:55 PM

Did he just fly ****ing backwards?

keg in kc 06-20-2015 01:36 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aQyLfHtdDbo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5dvZWfK5Nks" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties 06-20-2015 01:51 PM

The animation looks much better.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-20-2015 05:01 PM

Did she say, "Commander SAUTO"?

Anyong Bluth 06-20-2015 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stop, Chiefs (Post 11558091)
The animation looks much better.

Definitely a lot better !

So, are they releasing the entire S02E01 through teaser clips?

Just saying.

Tribal Warfare 06-20-2015 08:16 PM

I was so totally fanboying out every time I heard James Earl's voice as Vader.

Hammock Parties 06-21-2015 12:30 AM

****ing incredible. JEJ still got it. Got some major chills when
Spoiler!

Also, was it my imagination or was the dumbass Imperial officer with the mustache a young Ozzel?

keg in kc 06-21-2015 07:50 AM

Pretty badass episode.

Bowser 06-21-2015 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stop, Chiefs (Post 11558945)
****ing incredible. JEJ still got it. Got some major chills when
Spoiler!

Also, was it my imagination or was the dumbass Imperial officer with the mustache a young Ozzel?

Completely agreed. All around kick ass episode. Although
Spoiler!

Help me out here - was Ozzel the guy reporting to Vader in ESB when Vader was letting his head air out in his Pokémon cubby?

Bowser 06-21-2015 11:36 AM

You know, this guy...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/az707CWo7o8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties 06-21-2015 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11559237)
Help me out here - was Ozzel the guy reporting to Vader in ESB when Vader was letting his head air out in his Pokémon cubby?

No. Ozzel is the guy with the mustache that "comes out of lightspeed too close to the system," which earns him DEATH.

http://i.imgur.com/BNEL0fM.gif?1

Maybe it's just the mustache, but the officer in the episode seemed incompetent, and had a mustache, so...maybe.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-21-2015 02:24 PM

Piett was a nancy-boy who liked to "entertain" young crewmen.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-22-2015 06:49 PM

Watched 'Lothal' last night. Pure WIN. The story between Asoka and Vader will be awesome.

Hammock Parties 07-24-2015 02:47 PM

oh my

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-24-2015 03:41 PM

Snips gonna' light it up.

keg in kc 07-24-2015 04:59 PM

Wonder if the saber color indicates a continuation of her last known Jedi alliance.

DaneMcCloud 08-20-2015 04:08 PM

http://i0.wp.com/bitcast-a-sm.bitgra...EB_IA_9976.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-20-2015 05:22 PM

Rex and Cody are fun.

Hammock Parties 08-20-2015 05:54 PM

Not only are Rex and Cody fun, they should get their own spinoff miniseries through the Rebellion, concluding with both being part of the Strike team on Endor.

http://s26.postimg.org/njryw7i7d/Rex_Rebels.jpg

http://s26.postimg.org/5foybkkix/Rex_Endor_1.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-20-2015 06:06 PM

Ooohh!

DaneMcCloud 08-28-2015 01:43 PM

Rebels returns Wednesday, October 14th.

http://www.starwars.com/news/the-mig...inkId=16645512

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-28-2015 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11690196)
Rebels returns Wednesday, October 14th.

http://www.starwars.com/news/the-mig...inkId=16645512

Seems kind of late, but I'll take it.

unlurking 08-30-2015 07:24 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dAGvFBwG834" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-30-2015 07:45 PM

Man, the SW well has been so dry. It's worse than waiting for football to start.

DaneMcCloud 08-30-2015 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams (Post 11695076)
Man, the SW well has been so dry. It's worse than waiting for football to start.

I agree.

More than three years has passed since Disney purchased Lucasfilm and all we have is the second season of a new series that's only had 16 episodes and a film yet to be released.

Add to that, it'll be Christmas 2016 before another film is released and it'll have nothing to do with the future but set briefly before ANH.

While I'm sure it'll be a fun movie, we already know the story and the outcome, so it's not likely to have any real revelations.

It's more like a no-brainier to appease OT fans.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-30-2015 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11695108)
I agree.

More than three years has passed since Disney purchased Lucasfilm and all we have is the second season of a new series that's only had 16 episodes and a film yet to be released.

Add to that, it'll be Christmas 2016 before another film is released and it'll have nothing to do with the future but set briefly before ANH.

While I'm sure it'll be a fun movie, we already know the story and the outcome, so it's not likely to have any real revelations.

It's more like a no-brainier to appease OT fans.

Ugh...

DaneMcCloud 09-18-2015 02:41 PM

<a href="<iframe width=" 560"="" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/j1Qc5JWxIaA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="">"><a href="<iframe width=" 560"="" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/j1Qc5JWxIaA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""><iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/j1Qc5JWxIaA" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-18-2015 04:55 PM

Finally, a season I can get behind and give two ****s about!

keg in kc 10-02-2015 01:43 PM

Can't get the damned thing to not autoplay, so here's a link: http://buzzfeed-video1.s3.amazonaws....64-624x350.mp4

Sarah Michelle Gellar's character from Rebels...

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-02-2015 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11770631)
Can't get the damned thing to not autoplay, so here's a link: http://buzzfeed-video1.s3.amazonaws....64-624x350.mp4

Sarah Michelle Gellar's character from Rebels...

I knew I wanted to bone her.

keg in kc 10-02-2015 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams (Post 11770976)
I knew I wanted to bone her.

Unfortunately Freddy Prinze, Jr. beat you to it.