ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Star Trek 12 Gets Release Date (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=221538)

whoman69 01-24-2013 02:55 PM

Sounds way out of the loop, like when Mission Impossible made Mr. Phelps a bad guy. If its a former Captain he would probably be Garth of Izar.

Deberg_1990 01-24-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9348100)
Sounds way out of the loop, like when Mission Impossible made Mr. Phelps a bad guy. If its a former Captain he would probably be Garth of Izar.

I guess April is the Enterprise Captain before Pike? Im not familiar with the animated series. Its really sort of strange if they went that far out there to get a villain? Some don’t even consider the animated series “Canon”

Frazod 01-24-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9348105)
I guess April is the Enterprise Captain before Pike? Im not familiar with the animated series. Its really sort of strange if they went that far out there to get a villain? Some don’t even consider the animated series “Canon”

Here's his photo. Looks amazingly like Gene Roddenberry. :D

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...obertApril.jpg

Red Brooklyn 01-24-2013 04:40 PM

Not Star Trek, I know, but no reports are coming out that JJ is set to direct Star Wars Episode 7.

Odd since he's said time and time again that he isn't. Are the reports wrong? Did he change his mind? Was all the earlier talk just smoke screen?

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/articl...xclusive-74596

Chiefspants 01-24-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 9348345)
Not Star Trek, I know, but no reports are coming out that JJ is set to direct Star Wars Episode 7.

Odd since he's said time and time again that he isn't. Are the reports wrong? Did he change his mind? Was all the earlier talk just smoke screen?

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/articl...xclusive-74596

He's planning a total star trek-star wars crossover, expect an apocalyptic like nerd meltdown to commence.

Red Brooklyn 01-24-2013 05:22 PM

Well more or more outlets are running with this. Must be true.

In which case, I'm all for it. I think he's an ideal choice.

Deberg_1990 01-24-2013 05:42 PM

This is really reaching for a villain. It's like If Disney said. "Hey, remember Chewbaccas brother from the Star Wars Holliday Special?, well, he's the villain in the next Star Wars movie"

Red Brooklyn 01-24-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9348518)
This is really reaching for a villain. It's like If Disney said. "Hey, remember Chewbaccas brother from the Star Wars Holliday Special?, well, he's the villain in the next Star Wars movie"

LMAO

But does it really matter? As long as it's a good story, I don't need it to be some known marquise villain. I don't even need it to be someone who has ever appeared in the Star Trek universe before.

Frazod 01-24-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 9348452)
He's planning a total star trek-star wars crossover, expect an apocalyptic like nerd meltdown to commence.

Kirk would really be badass with force powers! :rockon:

Bowser 01-25-2013 01:10 PM

Drew McWeeny?

whoman69 01-25-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 9348452)

I wonder if he is going to make the millenium falcon look like an Edsel as well.

Tribal Warfare 01-26-2013 12:21 AM

J.J. Abrams directing ‘Star Wars’: What happens to ‘Star Trek’?

It’s a question that immediately sprang to the minds of fans of two franchises with Thursday’s news that J.J. Abrams will direct “Star Wars: Episode VII.”

What happens to “Star Trek”?

According to Paramount Vice Chairman Rob Moore, Abrams — who directed both 2009′s “Star Trek” and the upcoming sequel “Star Trek Into Darkness” — will still be involved in some capacity with a possible third “Trek” movie, at the minimum as a producer, if not also directing the film.

Moore also pointed out that Abrams will continue to play a role in another of the studio’s most valuable franchises, “Mission: Impossible.”

“J.J. will continue to develop projects for us including a new ‘Mission: Impossible,’ and he is committed to produce another ‘Star Trek,’” Moore said Friday afternoon.

With 2009′s big-screen reboot of the beloved television and movie series, Abrams won over a new generation of audiences with a broadly entertaining and accessible take on Gene Roddenberry’s venerable cast of characters — and satisfied hard-core fans by creating a place for Leonard Nimoy to appear as Spock alongside Zachary Quinto’s new take on the beloved Vulcan.

Anticipation for the May 17 sequel is astronomically high. Paramount wisely began stoking interest in “Star Trek Into Darkness” starting late last year, with the release of a plot synopsis, a poster, a teaser, a trailer and then rolling out nine minutes of footage before Imax 3-D showings of Peter Jackson’s “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.”

Last month, Abrams revealed the nine minutes to select journalists at a Century City screening room. Two days later, at the Santa Monica offices of his company, Bad Robot, the writers and select cast members — including Zachary Quinto, Chris Pine, Zoe Saldana, Alice Eve and Benedict Cumberbatch — gathered to chat up reporters and to show off costumes and props from the upcoming film.

Damon Lindelof, who wrote the script with Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, said the early rollout was inspired by director Christopher Nolan’s early reveal of footage from “The Dark Knight Rises.” With four years having passed since Abrams’ first “Star Trek” film, Lindelof said, “there had to be a lifting of the curtain a little bit,” otherwise fans grow suspicious.

With just about 100 days to go before the film officially opens, though, word of Abrams’ defection to a galaxy far, far away — news that met with a decidedly mixed reaction — raises questions about who might direct a third “Trek” film, should Paramount move forward with one, and what role Abrams and his creative partners Lindelof, Kurtzman and Orci might play in a future installment.

Abrams’ schedule likely would prohibit him from stepping behind the camera, though there was a four-year gap between “Star Trek” and the upcoming sequel. If Abrams does not direct, that could leave either Lindelof or Kurtzman and Orci in the director’s chair, or perhaps another Abrams associate such as filmmaker Matt Reeves, who helmed the Abrams-produced monster movie “Cloverfield” (though Reeves is set to direct “Dawn of the Planet of the Apes” for Fox).

It seems for now Abrams’ relationship with Paramount remains strong — every film Abrams has directed or produced since 2006′s “Mission: Impossible III” has been for the studio, where Bad Robot enjoys a lucrative first-look deal.

Still, executives can’t be overjoyed by the idea of Abrams working on “Star Wars” for Disney, especially with the promotional effort for “Star Trek Into Darkness” continuing to pick up steam. At least for the moment, journalists are probably more interested in hearing about how Abrams might further George Lucas’ vision than deciphering the identity of Cumberbatch’s mystery-shrouded villain.

Ultra Peanut 01-26-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 6434357)
Awesome. A good six months before the world is ripped asunder. That means I'll have time to pick up the DVD and watch it a few times on my own time.

THESE ARE SO QUAINT NOW

Javabean 01-26-2013 07:45 PM

I never saw the animated series, but I remember April from the books. In the books, he was the captain of the Enterprise when Kirk first served on the ship. I don't remember much else about him, but hopefully Abrams makes him interesting.

Red Brooklyn 01-26-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javabean (Post 9353920)
I never saw the animated series, but I remember April from the books. In the books, he was the captain of the Enterprise when Kirk first served on the ship. I don't remember much else about him, but hopefully Abrams makes him interesting.

Oh, haven't you heard? Abrams is incompetent. He can't make anything interesting. Everything good that Abrams has touched is good because of his collaborators. And everything bad is all because of Abrams.

DaneMcCloud 01-26-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 9353941)
Oh, haven't you heard? Abrams is incompetent. He can't make anything interesting. Everything good that Abrams has touched is good because of his collaborators. And everything bad is all because of Abrams.

Is your local Duane Reade out of vagisil?

Red Brooklyn 01-26-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9353952)
Is your local Duane Reade out of vagisil?

I have no idea. Why, do you need some? I can check for you. Won't even charge you shipping.

DaneMcCloud 01-26-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 9353959)
I have no idea. Why, do you need some? I can check for you. Won't even charge you shipping.

You're acting like a raging **** because I (and others) have pointed put obvious flaws in Abrams' work. You act as if you understand the hierarchy and his involvement in his latest TV shows, which clearly you don't.

Red Brooklyn 01-26-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9353968)
You're acting like a raging **** because I (and others) have pointed put obvious flaws in Abrams' work. You act as if you understand the hierarchy and his involvement in his latest TV shows, which clearly you don't.

I'm not sure what you're referring to. I don't understand anything other than my own opinion. What have I done that's so ****y? Where have I acted like I understand anything?

You've painted me as this raging Abrams fan and apologist.

For the record: Lost is awesome. JJ had next to nothing to do with it.

Alias is meh. It's fun but it's a mess.

Cloverfield is a fun monster movie. JJ produced. I have no idea what was his beyond that.

MI:3 is a fun spy movie. Well directed, mediocre script.

Star Trek is awesome. Great script. Great direction.

Super 8 is a fantastic nostalgia movie that I really enjoyed.

These are my opinions. And that's all I know about JJ Abrams.

So please, enlighten me. How much of these projects belong to JJ and how much belongs to his collaborators? I honestly don't know.

Red Brooklyn 01-26-2013 10:29 PM

This is stupid.

Guys, I'm sorry I've muddied the tread with this kind of stuff.

Dane, my apologies. I don't wanna fight. Truce. No reason we can't discuss like adults.

Anyway, I'm super pumped for this movie.

Red Brooklyn 01-26-2013 10:29 PM

double post

keg in kc 01-26-2013 10:45 PM

Whatever I think about the products Abrams has produced, I think they've created a fantastic work environment at Bad Robot, and they're landing project after project. More new series on the way for the fall TV season, locked into a 3rd Star Trek, now locked into the first new Star Wars (I think Disney's going to go the route of the original trilogy and have new directors on board for each), a few other movie projects in the works. I think a lot of us would love to be that inept.

Red Brooklyn 01-26-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9354300)
Whatever I think about the products Abrams has produced, I think they've created a fantastic work environment at Bad Robot, and they're landing project after project. More new series on the way for the fall TV season, locked into a 3rd Star Trek, now locked into the first new Star Wars (I think Disney's going to go the route of the original trilogy and have new directors on board for each), a few other movie projects in the works. I think a lot of us would love to be that inept.

Well said.

If I could get a job at Bad Robot, I'd be a happy man.

Frazod 02-03-2013 06:35 PM

Badass new Super Bowl commercial. Looks like the Enterprise gets greased again.

keg in kc 02-03-2013 06:43 PM

Yeah, really interesting trailer.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9Mu07BaOx9c?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties 02-03-2013 10:51 PM

Thought it sucked other than the new lines from Cumberpatch.

Bowser 02-03-2013 10:53 PM

I guess the NCC-1701A will be making an early appearance.

Hammock Parties 02-03-2013 11:00 PM

They wouldn't reveal the Enterprise getting greased this early.

That's probably just a shot from the beginning. It starts the movie underwater according to the first 8 minutes we saw.

DaneMcCloud 02-03-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9375304)

I find this unbelievably ridiculous.

The Enterprise take a beating, if it's not out right destroyed, in every stinkin' film.

Enough is enough.

Deberg_1990 02-04-2013 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9376772)
I guess the NCC-1701A will be making an early appearance.

New timeline, they can change and do whatever they want.

Tribal Warfare 02-04-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9376787)

That's probably just a shot from the beginning. It starts the movie underwater according to the first 8 minutes we saw.

Fuc,k all we know it could be a dream sequence.

Frazod 02-04-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9376787)

From what I remember about the beginning footage, they were on some secret don't-****-with-the-prime-directive mission, which is why the ship was underwater at that point. I think this sequence is clearly something else.

However, it remains to be seen if the Enterprise is actually destroyed, or just badly beat up (looked like pretty severe damage to the saucer and one warp nacelle completely destroyed). You can see the hull number when it's damaged and falling, but there is no visible number when you see the starship crashing (into the water and later into a building) at ground level.

Bowser 02-16-2013 06:17 PM

This video is a repost and has nothing at all to do with the upcoming movie, but I was just in the mood for some decent Star Trek space battles. So if you've never seen this before, enjoy....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wsnu43bjPLg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tribal Warfare 02-18-2013 11:05 AM

Motion Advertisement

Spoiler!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Star Trek Into Darkness
In Summer 2013, pioneering director J.J. Abrams will deliver an explosive action thriller that takes Star Trek Into Darkness. When the crew of the Enterprise is called back home, they find an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organization has detonated the fleet and everything it stands for, leaving our world in a state of crisis. With a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one man weapon of mass destruction. As our heroes are propelled into an epic chess game of life and death, love will be challenged, friendships will be torn apart, and sacrifices must be made for the only family Kirk has left: his crew.

Tribal Warfare 02-19-2013 06:53 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0k3v8N7qyvI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tribal Warfare 02-19-2013 07:48 PM

<iframe id="viddler-8ce184cf" src="//www.viddler.com/embed/8ce184cf/?f=1&offset=0&autoplay=0&secret=74226798&disablebranding=0&view_secret=74226798" width="545" height="349" frameborder="0" mozallowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true"></iframe>

keg in kc 03-09-2013 03:19 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RxZcxkFZZP0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tribal Warfare 03-21-2013 08:10 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yhz4A5BCMAA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties 03-21-2013 08:43 AM

**** yeah to that trailer.

That's clearly NOT Khan and that ****ing line I WILL WALK OVER YOUR COLD CORPSES is **** YEAH.

**** YEAH.

http://i.imgur.com/aUHor8N.jpg

KevB 03-21-2013 08:52 AM

Love me some Alice Eve

Tribal Warfare 03-21-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9517760)

That's clearly NOT Khan and that ****ing line I WILL WALK OVER YOUR COLD CORPSES is **** YEAH.

**** YEAH.

repost

Buehler445 03-21-2013 11:34 AM

****ing awesome.

DJ's left nut 03-21-2013 05:55 PM

Alice Eve is beyond hot.

JD10367 03-21-2013 06:01 PM

I would suck her box 'til her tits caved in.

DJ's left nut 03-21-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 9519205)
I would suck her box 'til her tits caved in.

I doubt very strongly that you have that kind of lung capacity; her tits are the size of her head.

That said, I'm confident that you'd give it your best shot.

BigRedChief 03-21-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 9348465)
Well more or more outlets are running with this. Must be true.

In which case, I'm all for it. I think he's an ideal choice.

**** that. We will have to wait even longer in between movies.

Deberg_1990 03-21-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9517760)

**** YEAH.

I don't know.....there has to be something they are hiding still about his true identity. It's Abrams, it's how he operates. Whatever the case, this looks fantastic. Although, the idea of the terrorist villian is starting to get overused.

Tribal Warfare 03-21-2013 11:52 PM

http://collider.com/wp-content/uploa...er-404x600.jpg

Red Brooklyn 03-22-2013 08:27 AM

This thing is gonna be so badass. I just can't even wait.

Frazod 03-22-2013 08:43 AM

I hope so. I know the line between Star Wars and Star Trek is basically blurred beyond recognition at this point, but I hope it's not just two hours of 'splosions and CGI. For Star Trek, there should be a brain in there somewhere.

Deberg_1990 03-22-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9520440)
I hope so. I know the line between Star Wars and Star Trek is basically blurred beyond recognition at this point, but I hope it's not just two hours of 'splosions and CGI. For Star Trek, there should be a brain in there somewhere.

Yea, there is starting to be a divide between new Trek fans and old Trek fans.

I like them both, but can see where some fans might get pissed. But remember, alot of ToS episodes had Kirk/Spock/McCoy fighting guys hand to hand. It wouldnt surprise me if some of the fighting was inspired by the Wild Wild West stuff which was on during the same time period.

They were limited with phasers shots by budget obviously.

The fist fighting was toned down when Picard came along because Stewart was a more respected actor and less physical than Shatner.

scorpio 03-22-2013 09:39 AM

http://i.imgur.com/WCIvXTv.jpg

I don't think this is the Enterprise crashing, it looks more like an Excelsior class ship with the chunky body (which may or may not exist in this timeline, idk).

bevischief 03-22-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorpio (Post 9520557)

I don't think this is the Enterprise crashing, it looks more like an Excelsior class ship with the chunky body (which may or may not exist in this timeline, idk).

It may not be the Enterprise but it is the same class ship as the Enterprise.

Tribal Warfare 03-24-2013 12:08 PM

http://www.empireonline.com/images/i...w800/69722.jpg

Bowser 03-24-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorpio (Post 9520557)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9520967)
It may not be the Enterprise but it is the same class ship as the Enterprise.

I don't think it's the Enterprise, either. I think it's a ship in synchronous orbit over Starfleet headquarters that Cumberpatch's character manages to bring down on top of them as a show of force.

Bowser 03-24-2013 12:12 PM

****ing J.J. Abrams. The guy hit the 300 million dollar powerball for sci-fi nerds everywhere - he gets to reboot Star Trek AND Star Wars, and that's not even mentioning what he had accomplished up to that point. Who would have thought that would even be a possibility ten years ago?

Frazod 03-24-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9525622)
I don't think it's the Enterprise, either. I think it's a ship in synchronous orbit over Starfleet headquarters that Cumberpatch's character manages to bring down on top of them as a show of force.

It is certainly the Enterprise that is seen plummeting towards the surface beat to shit and billowing smoke - you can clearly make out the hull number and name. No way of knowing if it is the same ship that crashes into the water and buildings, but it makes sense that it is.

Bowser 03-24-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9525696)
It is certainly the Enterprise that is seen plummeting towards the surface beat to shit and billowing smoke - you can clearly make out the hull number and name. No way of knowing if it is the same ship that crashes into the water and buildings, but it makes sense that it is.

You're right. I went back and watched the trailer. On the saucer I could clearly see NCC-170 as the ship was blowing apart and beginning its fall towards Earth. I SUPPOSE it COULD be NCC-1707, or some such, but that's probably just wishfull thinking, heh.

mikey23545 03-24-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9375304)

I hate to think what kind of insurance premiums Star Fleet must pay on that ****ing ship by now...

keg in kc 04-03-2013 11:12 AM

DO NOT FOLLOW THIS LINK IF YOU DON'T WANT THE (supposed....) PLOT SPOILED...

2nd warning...

http://www.chud.com/128567/star-trek...ajor-spoilers/

Bowser 04-03-2013 11:13 AM

WHY WOULD YOU POST THIS??

Must....resist......urge........

keg in kc 04-03-2013 11:31 AM

:evil:

Deberg_1990 04-03-2013 11:37 AM

Im not gonna click....but i can guess.

seaofred 04-03-2013 11:42 AM

I clicked.. But not much of a surprise..

Gravedigger 04-03-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9553214)
DO NOT FOLLOW THIS LINK IF YOU DON'T WANT THE (supposed....) PLOT SPOILED...

2nd warning...

http://www.chud.com/128567/star-trek...ajor-spoilers/

Maybe I missed it but how does he come to these conclusions? Nowhere in that whole thing does it say, I saw the movie, or even a source for his info. Maybe I missed it but ill wait and see the movie for myself.

Frazod 04-03-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9553218)
WHY WOULD YOU POST THIS??

Must....resist......urge........

He tasks me......

keg in kc 04-03-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaofred (Post 9553311)
I clicked.. But not much of a surprise..

No, that's the main reason I posted it. It's nothing all that mind-blowing.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 9553477)
Maybe I missed it but how does he come to these conclusions? Nowhere in that whole thing does it say, I saw the movie, or even a source for his info. Maybe I missed it but ill wait and see the movie for myself.

Yeah, wondered the same thing. I'm guessing he's seen it.

Deberg_1990 04-03-2013 12:47 PM

OK, i clicked...damn you Keg!!

Anyways, confirmed my suspicions. Im cool with it, but i suspect some fans wont be happy.

unlurking 04-03-2013 04:44 PM

Count me as one. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9553559)
OK, i clicked...damn you Keg!!

Anyways, confirmed my suspicions. Im cool with it, but i suspect some fans wont be happy.

DJ's left nut 04-03-2013 06:06 PM

The villain could be Jesus Christ and I'd be happy.

Did you see Alice Eve in that picture? In 3D?!?!

Seriously, Kirk molesting Spock and it turning into a cry session with Captain Janeway wouldn't bother me at this point. Go Alice Eve in her underwear!!!

Hammock Parties 04-04-2013 11:14 AM

All the Star Treks on bluray for $35.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...4QK6P32PWZ4Y9K

Frazod 04-04-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9556143)
All the Star Treks on bluray for $35.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...4QK6P32PWZ4Y9K

I've already got II, III and VI on blu-ray. Those are the only ones with the original cast worth buying.

Fire Me Boy! 04-04-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9556335)
I've already got II, III and VI on blu-ray. Those are the only ones with the original cast worth buying.

:spock:

Chieficus 04-04-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9553510)
Yeah, wondered the same thing. I'm guessing he's seen it.

He says a couple of things in the article like:
Spoiler!

So it sounds like he hasn't seen the film, or at least not the whole thing, which comes back to: how does he know?

Deberg_1990 04-04-2013 12:36 PM

I must admit, Star Trek the Motion Picture has grown on me a lil over the years. The cast was fairly young and svelte still....

Frazod 04-04-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9556377)
:spock:

III was sort of like Return of the Jedi - some good parts surrounded by shit.

Hammock Parties 04-04-2013 12:47 PM

All six original Treks are worth owning.

Shit man, I love row, row, row your boat.

Frazod 04-04-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9556511)
All six original Treks are worth owning.

Shit man, I love row, row, row your boat.

Screw that. I don't even like IV. While I recognize it's an entertaining movie, it's not Star Trek. It would be like Godfather film where Sonny, Fredo and Michael go work at a department store. Doesn't matter if it's good or not - it's not what it's supposed to be.

keg in kc 04-04-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9556537)
Screw that. I don't even like IV. While I recognize it's an entertaining movie, it's not Star Trek. It would be like Godfather film where Sonny, Fredo and Michael go work at a department store. Doesn't matter if it's good or not - it's not what it's supposed to be.

I hated 4, with that greenpeace whale bullshit.

I thought i was the only one.

Frazod 04-04-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9556562)
I hated 4, with that greenpeace whale bullshit.

I thought i was the only one.

I didn't hate it. I've watched it a few times over the years. It's funny and has a good story. It's just not Star Trek. It's like the crew having a group vacation between viable movies/episodes and somebody brought a camera along.

For Star Trek you need (a) a solid villain and (b) space battles. Chasing down a whaling ship in a Klingon bird of prey doesn't count.

And it also helps if Star Trek has the ENTERPRISE for more than the last ten seconds, too.

**** the whales.