ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

Sure-Oz 06-03-2008 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 4779069)
It's like $1 per ticket. Everything else is concessions. It's what keeps them alive.

Now, as for their economics, I'm not sure I agree with them. If they bring down the prices you'll have more people buying. So, I think it'd offset.

But what do I know.

I about laughed at their "Prepay concession kiosks". Instead of a line forming at concessions a line forms at the prepay kiosk. And the whole point was to avoid lines. ROFL

lol, well i rarely go see things opening night or weekend and wait a bit. Usually dont have concession problems then or whatever...

I did see Indy 4 at the screenland, that was a nice change of pace

KcMizzou 06-03-2008 08:21 PM

Anyone else looking forward to "The Wackness"?

I keep reading great things about it...

Here's a trailer...

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony/thewackness/teaser3/

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aI06AesFt34&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aI06AesFt34&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eh2gahPmwpI&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eh2gahPmwpI&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

irishjayhawk 06-03-2008 09:36 PM

By the way, early reviews of WallE:

Quote:

“It is about as far from the “same-old” as you can get. I got to see it last night and it is nothing less than astonishing. A love story with robots that is so emotional and touching. Robots who teach humans how to be human again. And it is the best looking film so far this year of any released or on the horizon. The animation is virtually ALL pantomime—and is so entertaining. I can’t wait to see it again! What an amazing risk Pixar took—and it really pays off in spades.”

Sounds exactly like I imagined and will be as good as I imagined.

Deberg_1990 06-03-2008 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 4779358)
By the way, early reviews of WallE:

Sounds exactly like I imagined and will be as good as I imagined.

PIXAR is just about the surest bet in cinema these days.

They havent made one bad film IMO.

irishjayhawk 06-03-2008 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 4779361)
PIXAR is just about the surest bet in cinema these days.

They havent made one bad film IMO.

No, they haven't. They've made attempts that aren't as good as the precedent they set, but no bad films.

That's why Pixar overtook Disney.

KCChiefsMan 06-03-2008 10:05 PM

lol, back in my reckless youth me and a couple friends snuck in a box of doughnuts, 2 big bags of chips and a 12 pack of coronas. It felt like a great heist that we conquered.

KcMizzou 06-03-2008 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan (Post 4779386)
lol, back in my reckless youth me and a couple friends snuck in a box of doughnuts, 2 big bags of chips and a 12 pack of coronas. It felt like a great heist that we conquered.

Heheh, how the hell did you pull off the 12-pack?

And (side note)... no love for The Wackness? I can't wait to see that movie.

Miles 06-04-2008 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 4779484)
Heheh, how the hell did you pull off the 12-pack?

Several times back in my college days I have been with a group when we just pocketed 3-4 each. One of my friends has also kicked over one of his empty bottles and it loudly rolled all of the way to the front during a somewhat quite part of the movie.

Rausch 06-04-2008 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Obvious (Post 4766513)
Lars and the Real Girl. Witty and very heart warming.

I thought The United States Of Leland was better.

Much better...

Rausch 06-04-2008 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 4779222)
Anyone else looking forward to "The Wackness"?

I keep reading great things about it...

Hah! I love it.

Reminds me of me in 8th grade...:D

Miles 06-04-2008 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 4779586)
I thought The United States Of Leland was better.

Much better...

Damn I still need to watch that. I have it sitting on my shelf from when you suggested it a long ass time ago but somehow haven't tossed it in my player.

KCChiefsMan 06-04-2008 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 4779576)
Several times back in my college days I have been with a group when we just pocketed 3-4 each. One of my friends has also kicked over one of his empty bottles and it loudly rolled all of the way to the front during a somewhat quite part of the movie.

lol, the same exact thing happened to us on that one. The sound of the glass bottle rolling down was pretty loud.

Baby Lee 06-04-2008 11:57 AM

Pineapple Express trailer cracked my shit UP.

Especially Seth going Superfly Jim Snuka on Gary Cole.

KcMizzou 06-05-2008 12:23 AM

Check out "Fido"

Another fun, weird movie. Think "Shaun of the Dead" meets "Pleasantville". (with a dash of "Lassie")

irishjayhawk 06-05-2008 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 4779998)
Pineapple Express trailer cracked my shit UP.

Especially Seth going Superfly Jim Snuka on Gary Cole.

That trailer is badass. I'd put it second this year to Dark Knight's trailers.

Baby Lee 06-05-2008 07:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 4781149)
That trailer is badass. I'd put it second this year to Dark Knight's trailers.

Superfly, do or Die!!

I fly like paper, get high like planes. If you catch me at the border I got visas in my name

Simply Red 06-05-2008 12:58 PM

So nobody in on some `The Strangers` feedbk.?

irishjayhawk 06-05-2008 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 4781158)
Superfly, do or Die!!

I fly like paper, get high like planes. If you catch me at the border I got visas in my name

It just has so many good shots. That one is my favorite but it's closely followed by:

The lighting in the field with Seth Rogan standing there with a gun looking around. Just a beautifully lined up scene.

The slow motion worm dancing.

The trunk where they introduce Seth....

And finally, the typography and beat cutting for the trailer is simply brilliant.

irishjayhawk 06-05-2008 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 4781557)
So nobody in on some `The Strangers` feedbk.?

My brother said it genuinely scared him but that the ending made it quite possibly one of the worst movies he's seen.

Baby Lee 06-05-2008 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 4781598)
It just has so many good shots. That one is my favorite but it's closely followed by:

The lighting in the field with Seth Rogan standing there with a gun looking around. Just a beautifully lined up scene.

The slow motion worm dancing.

The trunk where they introduce Seth....

And finally, the typography and beat cutting for the trailer is simply brilliant.

Franco laughing out loud at the scene from Sanford and Son.

Ahh-hhaaaa.

KCChiefsMan 06-05-2008 09:33 PM

I just saw The Great Debaters. Definately a good flick! moving and well done!

Sure-Oz 06-05-2008 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan (Post 4782312)
I just saw The Great Debaters. Definately a good flick! moving and well done!

I liked it as well

Ceej 06-10-2008 02:18 AM

I just got done watching Untraceable and Cleaner.

I enjoyed both. Untraceable was surprisingly good. I thought it wasn't going to be too good. Cleaner was also good.

I also rented Days of Darkness. ANOTHER zombie flick, we'll see how this goes, haha.

Sure-Oz 06-10-2008 02:23 PM

Watched Rambo on bluray, the violence was fantastic, action fans enjoy

mikeyis4dcats. 06-12-2008 08:31 PM

Teeth is suprisingly boring for a movie about a girl with teeth in her vagina.

Sure-Oz 06-12-2008 09:50 PM

I wanted to see The Happening, this weekend but its getting a 17% on RT....

So i may see the Hulk which is getting a suprising 73% on the tomatometer

Ceej 06-12-2008 11:27 PM

Any idea what The Happening is all about? I've heard aliens. Blah.

Sure-Oz 06-12-2008 11:39 PM

No idea, looked interesting with wahlberg in a m night film, but his films have all failed since basically signs and sixth sense, although i liked unbreakable

irishjayhawk 06-13-2008 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 4792048)
I wanted to see The Happening, this weekend but its getting a 17% on RT....

So i may see the Hulk which is getting a suprising 73% on the tomatometer

ROFL

You definitely shouldn't be surprised about Hulk and shouldn't be surprised that The Happening is sucking. ;)

I'm seeing Hulk today. Question is what time.

Sure-Oz 06-13-2008 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 4792362)
ROFL

You definitely shouldn't be surprised about Hulk and shouldn't be surprised that The Happening is sucking. ;)

I'm seeing Hulk today. Question is what time.

i just knew the 1st one sucked, so i didnt have hopes that this one would be decent, but i like ed norton

The Happening got a B on yahoo and C...so who knows...

I try not to base everything on ratings but ive only liked probably 3 of M Nights films,

Sixth Sense, Signs and Unbreakable

Deberg_1990 06-13-2008 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 4792188)
Any idea what The Happening is all about? I've heard aliens. Blah.

Spoiler!

Sure-Oz 06-13-2008 08:10 AM

I hope it can top Lady in the Water, that thing should've been aborted before it was made

irishjayhawk 06-13-2008 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 4792403)
I hope it can top Lady in the Water, that thing should've been aborted before it was made

QFT and sad that Giamatti got suckered into that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 4792393)
i just knew the 1st one sucked, so i didnt have hopes that this one would be decent, but i like ed norton

The Happening got a B on yahoo and C...so who knows...

I try not to base everything on ratings but ive only liked probably 3 of M Nights films,

Sixth Sense, Signs and Unbreakable

Those are my favorites too. Signs being the least.

KevB 06-13-2008 12:46 PM

Recently watched Mr. Brooks and Cloverfield.

Mr. Brooks was solid, but I do not like Dane Cook, so his character didn't work for me at all. Interesting movie though, I enjoyed it overall.

I had low expectations for Cloverfield, and it exceeded them. Lots of holes of course, but overall it pulled me in with the first person account. Monster(s) was actually quite well done IMO. It seems as if most reviews either hated the movie, or liked it quite a bit. Not much in between.

Sure-Oz 06-13-2008 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 4792698)
Recently watched Mr. Brooks and Cloverfield.

Mr. Brooks was solid, but I do not like Dane Cook, so his character didn't work for me at all. Interesting movie though, I enjoyed it overall.

I had low expectations for Cloverfield, and it exceeded them. Lots of holes of course, but overall it pulled me in with the first person account. Monster(s) was actually quite well done IMO. It seems as if most reviews either hated the movie, or liked it quite a bit. Not much in between.

Those 2 were good rent flicks, it was kindve funny seeing the end of mr brooks, crazy movie

Sure-Oz 06-13-2008 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 4792465)
QFT and sad that Giamatti got suckered into that.

Those are my favorites too. Signs being the least.

Yeah i thought with Giamatti it'd be decent, hopefully wahlberg didnt get sucked into a shitter...

Signs is my least as well

Third Eye 06-13-2008 05:07 PM

I watched Quid Pro Quo last night on HDNet. Comes out in theaters today. Good movie, definitely worth a rent 6 months from now. Not really a theater movie IMO.

Baby Lee 06-13-2008 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Third Eye (Post 4793065)
I watched Quid Pro Quo last night on HDNet. Comes out in theaters today. Good movie, definitely worth a rent 6 months from now. Not really a theater movie IMO.

That's on the DVR, do I have much to look forward to? I mostly recorded it under the spell of Vera Farmiga's eyes.

Third Eye 06-13-2008 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 4793080)
That's on the DVR, do I have much to look forward to? I mostly recorded it under the spell of Vera Farmiga's eyes.

I thought it was good. The trailer is a little misleading IMO. Wasn't really what I was expecting, which is always nice. I hate it when I have a movie pegged before I even see it. There a couple things that I would like to say, but they would alter your perception of the movie going in and probably ruin it for you. So I won't.

Sully 06-13-2008 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 4792401)
Spoiler!

Saw it today.
That is exactly what it is.
Still creepy as hell, and had me tense the whole movie.

QuikSsurfer 06-14-2008 01:38 AM

Just watched "Brick"

I was very, very impressed.. Like reading a Dashiell Hammett novel with a high school setting. Most original film I've seen in a long time.

Nora Zehetner is too fine.

irishjayhawk 06-14-2008 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 4793525)
Just watched "Brick"

I was very, very impressed.. Like reading a Dashiell Hammett novel with a high school setting. Most original film I've seen in a long time.

Nora Zehetner is too fine.

I don't know why but that movie felt like watching paint dry. Original, sure. But excruciatingly painful pace.

QuikSsurfer 06-14-2008 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 4793678)
I don't know why but that movie felt like watching paint dry. Original, sure. But excruciatingly painful pace.

I understand why this movie isn't for everyone but, the story sucked me in within the first 15 minutes.
No problem with the movies' pace. Someone was getting punched in the face every 10 minutes :evil:

Good one to add to my collection.

NewChief 06-14-2008 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 4793756)
I understand why this movie isn't for everyone but, the story sucked me in within the first 15 minutes.
No problem with the movies' pace. Someone was getting punched in the face every 10 minutes :evil:

I really, really liked Brick as well. I watched almost all the bonus features.

irishjayhawk 06-14-2008 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 4793756)

Maybe I should rewatch. I don't remember people getting punched every 10 minutes.

Green Street Houligans is my movie for hand to hand combat. :)

QuikSsurfer 06-14-2008 11:33 PM

Just finished "Be Kind ReWind" and it is definitely one of Jack Black's better movies. Mos Def did great and if you've seen "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" then you'll pickup pretty early that this is done by the same director.

Anyone seen this?

KcMizzou 06-15-2008 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 4794455)
Just finished "Be Kind ReWind" and it is definitely one of Jack Black's better movies. Mos Def did great and if you've seen "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" then you'll pickup pretty early that this is done by the same director.

Anyone seen this?

Saw it last night. Very cool little movie. Has some heart to it.

KcMizzou 06-15-2008 10:46 PM

If you get a chance to see "In Bruges", do...

Just saw it tonight. Great movie. Collin Farrel (sp?) was surprisingly good.

From the trailers, I thought it was more of a comedy...

There is a lot of humor in it... but it's more of a drama/dark comedy.

irishjayhawk 06-15-2008 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 4795517)
If you get a chance to see "In Bruges", do...

Just saw it tonight. Great movie. Collin Farrel (sp?) was surprisingly good.

From the trailers, I thought it was more of a comedy...

There is a lot of humor in it... but it's more of a drama/dark comedy.

Good. I wasn't the only one fooled.

KcMizzou 06-15-2008 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 4795529)
Good. I wasn't the only one fooled.

You thought it was a straight comedy too, eh?

Did you like it?

irishjayhawk 06-15-2008 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 4795566)
You thought it was a straight comedy too, eh?

Did you like it?

I didn't like it as much as I should have because I felt mislead. But it was a pretty good movie. Several things I loved and some things I hated. But I was on the edge of my seat when the chase began.

cardken 06-17-2008 04:40 PM

Watched the "Bucket List" last Friday night. I was a little hesitent as I hate manipulative movies, and people dying from Cancer would certainly lead one to think this might be a new version of "Terms Of Endearment" or "Dying Young". But after about 10 mins my fears were calmed as I realized , I'm watching two of the best actors of the last 30 years here. Freeman and Nicholson. The movie actually is heartwarming without being overly manipulative. And a kind of a "male bonding" film, much in the vein of "Shawshank Redemption" , Freeman not withstanding. I then realized Freeman could read the phonebook as narrative and I'd be revited. Anyways, great film, great ending and great supporting role by Sean Hayes. Never was a fan of "Will and Grace", and the only other thing I had to judge him by was his fantastic potrayal of Jerry Lewis in the TV movie "Dean and Jerry" also highly recommened.

Sure-Oz 06-17-2008 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardken (Post 4798501)
Watched the "Bucket List" last Friday night. I was a little hesitent as I hate manipulative movies, and people dying from Cancer would certainly lead one to think this might be a new version of "Terms Of Endearment" or "Dying Young". But after about 10 mins my fears were calmed as I realized , I'm watching two of the best actors of the last 30 years here. Freeman and Nicholson. The movie actually is heartwarming without being overly manipulative. And a kind of a "male bonding" film, much in the vein of "Shawshank Redemption" , Freeman not withstanding. I then realized Freeman could read the phonebook as narrative and I'd be revited. Anyways, great film, great ending and great supporting role by Sean Hayes. Never was a fan of "Will and Grace", and the only other thing I had to judge him by was his fantastic potrayal of Jerry Lewis in the TV movie "Dean and Jerry" also highly recommened.

I really didn't care to see that movie at all but saw it sunday and agree with you....heartwarming is the word, i believe its on the box too.

irishjayhawk 06-17-2008 04:47 PM

Ugh, hated the Bucket List. Everything it could have been and what it was makes me want to kill Rob Reiner. Two of the best actors and you still manage to only make a mandatory "feel good" heartwarming story.

Deberg_1990 06-17-2008 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 4798514)
Everything it could have been and what it was makes me want to kill Rob Reiner.

Good lord, talk about a director who went in the tubes the latter half of his career.

His first 10 years were great.

Last 15 total suckage.

irishjayhawk 06-17-2008 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 4798526)
Good lord, talk about a director who went in the tubes the latter half of his career.

Last 15 total suckage.

Yep.

Bucket List was horrible. To me, it was just an extended version of the Coke commercial.

Baby Lee 06-17-2008 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 4798526)

Last 15 total suckage.

The sights, the sounds, . . . the smells, of a real rock band . . .

Ahh, the good old days.

Fairplay 06-17-2008 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 4798514)
Ugh, hated the Bucket List. Everything it could have been and what it was makes me want to kill Rob Reiner. Two of the best actors and you still manage to only make a mandatory "feel good" heartwarming story.

It was at the dollar show, close enough to that anyway. Thought it would be a cheap, entertaining evening.

We walked out of the theater, seems like the first hour of it was Nickelson and Freeman talking in the hospital room. On and on ZZzzzzz. :ZZZ:
Finally she was fed up and said lets go.
Couldn't believe they had two A list actors in such a boring film.

Sully 06-18-2008 01:44 PM

Young @ Heart

I posted a YouTube of this movie in another thread, and realized I hadn't posted about this movie a saw a couple of weeks ago.
It's a documentary about a chorus in Massachusetts consisting of people in their 70s or older. They sing mainly modern type songs. Some punk, some rap, you know...whatever. It is a really great documentary, and you fall in love with the spirit of these people who have decided that, rather than sitting and growing old and bemoaning what has happened to the world, have decided to still be a part of it and its changing culture. The documentary follows them as they prepare for their next show with some new songs that are pretty tough for them to wrap their heads around, and goes pretty in depth into the lives (and health, as can be expected) of a few key members. It's fun, funny, heartwarming, and a tear-jerker. Well worth the time, in a theater or on video when it comes out.
I'll post a couple of vids from the movie...

Here is the trailer...
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-3uOOhm8Fj8&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-3uOOhm8Fj8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/omIrLgQO9O0&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/omIrLgQO9O0&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UBeFL3qI-n8&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UBeFL3qI-n8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

...and the big hitter of the movie...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2u6k-99qcCE&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2u6k-99qcCE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ceej 06-18-2008 10:14 PM

For as underwhelming as Strange Wilderness was this shit made me bust up!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ycbc4fHY1v8&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ycbc4fHY1v8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

KevB 06-21-2008 06:17 PM

Just watched Rendition with Gylenhaal (sp?). It was meh. Didn't do much for me. I suppose it was meant to make a political statement, but it did a mediocre job all in all.

Ceej 06-22-2008 09:02 AM

C'mon guys, is that shark scene not the funniest shit you've ever heard? LOL.

I dunno why, but every time it makes me crack up.

Midnight_Vulture 06-22-2008 11:31 AM

To the original thread starter LOL at you loving Across the Universe. that movie was horrible. They butchered the Beatles songs completley.

irishjayhawk 06-22-2008 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight_Vulture (Post 4805574)
To the original thread starter LOL at you loving Across the Universe. that movie was horrible. They butchered the Beatles songs completley.

:LOL:

That was the point. It was a different take on the songs. Way to miss the point.

Midnight_Vulture 06-22-2008 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 4805575)
:LOL:

That was the point. It was a different take on the songs. Way to miss the point.

BUT they BUTCHERED the songs. Meaning, it sounded awful. I got the stupid musical but they ruined those great songs.

I think you missed the point.

irishjayhawk 06-22-2008 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight_Vulture (Post 4805587)
BUT they BUTCHERED the songs. Meaning, it sounded awful. I got the stupid musical but they ruined those great songs.

I think you missed the point.

We'll have to agree to disagree. But no, they hardly butchered the songs.

KevB 06-22-2008 11:50 PM

Just caught Into the Wild, pretty solid little movie and an interesting story. Hal Holbrook was outstanding. Emile Hirsch also was really good.

mikeyis4dcats. 06-23-2008 08:36 AM

watched Rambo this weekend....sucked donkey balls.

Leatherheads was decent. I like Clooney as a comedic actor, and John Kryzidejkdieeskisdifiii was good too.

irishjayhawk 06-26-2008 11:24 PM

WALLE: Superb.
WANTED: Wanted to like it. Couldn't. Rent it.

Nightwish 06-27-2008 04:57 PM

I saw the Hulk a few days ago. The story was pretty lame, although not quite as lame as the Eric Bana version a few years ago. All in all, it was better than that version, but not by a lot. Of the new Avengers lead-ups, this is nowhere near as good as Iron Man, although there are nods to the upcoming Thor movie and the Avengers movie in it.

Sure-Oz 06-27-2008 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightwish (Post 4816422)
I saw the Hulk a few days ago. The story was pretty lame, although not quite as lame as the Eric Bana version a few years ago. All in all, it was better than that version, but not by a lot. Of the new Avengers lead-ups, this is nowhere near as good as Iron Man, although there are nods to the upcoming Thor movie and the Avengers movie in it.

Apparently the dvd could have about an hour or more of scenes...Marvel really lightened up Nortons version of the film. Definetly kicked Bana's version which was a big pile of shit, the effects were the only cool thing and this one topped that as well.

Deberg_1990 06-27-2008 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightwish (Post 4816422)

I thought Hulk was very well done. Much better than the first movie (which does have its supporters)

My main problems with the first Hulk movie were

1. Bana was lame and boring.
2. Ang Lee tried to make it too deep.
3. It was long and unevenly paced.
4. Its just a weird movie. Its easier to admire than to actually love.

KcMizzou 06-27-2008 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 4816919)
I thought Hulk was very well done. Much better than the first movie (which does have its supporters)

My main problems with the first Hulk movie were

1. Bana was lame and boring.
2. Ang Lee tried to make it too deep.
3. It was long and unevenly paced.
4. Its just a weird movie. Its easier to admire than to actually love.

Yeah. I agree.

While I can respect it... it wasn't any fun.

Nightwish 06-28-2008 12:26 AM

I don't think it was a bad movie. I think that after the sheer awesomeness that was Iron Man, knowing that this one is also a tie-in to the coming Avengers movie, I was just expecting a little more. Iron Man set the bar pretty high.

There were some very cool moments in it, though. I was cool to see Hulk get out his famous line - "Hulk smaaaaaash!" And the comical scene with the purple stretchy pants was cool. And there was the foreshadowing of Thor. Did anyone else catch that? I didn't really notice it right away, but then later, after I got home and went over it in my head, it dawned on me. It was definitely an "Ohhhhhh" moment!

irishjayhawk 06-28-2008 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightwish (Post 4817021)
I don't think it was a bad movie. I think that after the sheer awesomeness that was Iron Man, knowing that this one is also a tie-in to the coming Avengers movie, I was just expecting a little more. Iron Man set the bar pretty high.

There were some very cool moments in it, though. I was cool to see Hulk get out his famous line - "Hulk smaaaaaash!" And the comical scene with the purple stretchy pants was cool. And there was the foreshadowing of Thor. Did anyone else catch that? I didn't really notice it right away, but then later, after I got home and went over it in my head, it dawned on me. It was definitely an "Ohhhhhh" moment!

Yes, Iron Man has set the bar for future Marvel movies.

Sure-Oz 06-28-2008 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightwish (Post 4817021)

Thor, what are you talking about? i cant remember

patteeu 06-28-2008 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 4805589)
We'll have to agree to disagree. But no, they hardly butchered the songs.

I liked the movie, but I didn't really like what they did to the songs. I wouldn't call them butchered, but I didn't like the way they were almost all a little slower than the originals. It was just annoying to me.

Nightwish 06-28-2008 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 4817295)
Thor, what are you talking about? i cant remember

Remember the scene in the canyon, where Hulk is getting all frustrated because of the growing storm? Then he looks up and sees something (the camera never pans around to show us what, so he could be seeing a specific object or he could just be looking at the sky in general), then turns around and hurls a boulder up at it? Then later in the bar, the tv news report makes a special note of the surprisingly intense storm that struck the area and interfered with things.

Thor is the Thunder God.

He is also a member of the Avengers. The Thor movie is scheduled for release summer 2010. It'll be the third in the Avengers line of movies, along with Iron Man and Hulk. Ant-Man is also planned for release in 2010 (which will also likely feature the Wasp, the last of the Avengers team [Ultimate Avengers, anyway], other than Captain America, who will be introduced in his own film just before the actual Avengers movie, both slated for 2011).

OnTheWarpath15 06-28-2008 03:52 PM

Rented "Super High Me" to watch later this evening.

It's a "documentary" featuring comedian Doug Benson of Last Comic Standing and Curb Your Enthusiasm "fame".

A knock off of Morgan Spurlock's "Super Size Me", it follows Benson as he smokes weed for 30 straight days.

Should be interesting...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1111833/

Sure-Oz 06-28-2008 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightwish (Post 4817541)
Remember the scene in the canyon, where Hulk is getting all frustrated because of the growing storm? Then he looks up and sees something (the camera never pans around to show us what, so he could be seeing a specific object or he could just be looking at the sky in general), then turns around and hurls a boulder up at it? Then later in the bar, the tv news report makes a special note of the surprisingly intense storm that struck the area and interfered with things.

Thor is the Thunder God.

He is also a member of the Avengers. The Thor movie is scheduled for release summer 2010. It'll be the third in the Avengers line of movies, along with Iron Man and Hulk. Ant-Man is also planned for release in 2010 (which will also likely feature the Wasp, the last of the Avengers team [Ultimate Avengers, anyway], other than Captain America, who will be introduced in his own film just before the actual Avengers movie, both slated for 2011).

Excellent point....i was wondering what was up with that...but didn't think too hard. Pretty cool, thanks for clarifying that for me.:thumb: