ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Browns sign Kareem Hunt (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321263)

Valiant 02-11-2019 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14101341)
That's ****ing useless, then. He'll be suspended for most of that.

If he is suspended anymore games the players union should file grievance.

This was two adults that weakly assaulted each other.
His current punishment was more than enough.

Valiant 02-11-2019 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14101930)
I don’t give a shit what the media thinks either.

But the truth is it would’ve been a PR nightmare that would still be going on. It would’ve been a huge distraction and with Pat right now that’s the last thing we want.

Some of you are seriously underestimating how ugly this could’ve gotten. Why do you underestimate the power of outrage?

I don't for the simple fact this was no where near the ray rice level.

We constantly hear about equal rights. If that is the case this instance should be treated just like if a NFL player got into it with a dude at a bar. Would that of went this far?

While I am not a black man. If I were drunk, called the n word and slapped in my face I might understand what he did.

staylor26 02-11-2019 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 14102113)
I don't for the simple fact this was no where near the ray rice level.

We constantly hear about equal rights. If that is the case this instance should be treated just like if a NFL player got into it with a dude at a bar. Would that of went this far?

While I am not a black man. If I were drunk, called the n word and slapped in my face I might understand what he did.

I agree with all of that, but the outrage community isn’t logical. They see the Hunt and Rice situations as the same thing. They don’t care about things like context. Hell, many of them STILL think this was domestic violence.

BryanBusby 02-11-2019 06:43 PM

lmbo Pitt doing good work white knighting for a woman beater ITT

Jerok 02-11-2019 06:55 PM

Hope the Browns continue for another 30 years of dumpster fire, and Kareem Hunt kicks a man on the ground and we have to ask ourselves if he should be cut again, then we find out it's Tom Brady he is kicking and we award him Brady's 6 Super Bowl rings.

suzzer99 02-11-2019 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14102103)
Hard to disagree with Mellinger. Just hope he surrounds himself with better people this time around.

If you watched all the TMZ videos - his friend were far from street thugs. Also no one seemed to instigating anything except him (and the girl). It's clear they were trying to keep him out of trouble the whole time. I think they just weren't brave or strong enough to tackle him and sit on him.

I guarantee his new entourage will have two gigantic dudes with one job.

stevieray 02-11-2019 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excessive (Post 14102063)
https://www.kansascity.com/sports/sp...226109265.html

Kareem Hunt signs with the Browns, the worst place he could go. Save us the posturing.

BY SAM MELLINGER

FEBRUARY 11, 2019 03:22 PM

Please come with me as we skip over the fake moralizing and manufactured outrage and see that Kareem Hunt was always going to play football again.

Might be sooner than expected, and going back to Cleveland is setting him up to fail — more on this in a minute — but he was always going to have another job in the NFL.

The Chiefs released the star running back last fall almost immediately after security video surfaced that showed him kicking a woman in a Cleveland hotel. That was the surprise. NFL teams don’t typically act so swiftly, and so decisively, particularly when it comes to removing a key part of a team that was shaping up to be a Super Bowl contender.

Does that sound cold? Good.

The NFL is cold. Many other businesses are, too. Sales, finance ... heck — journalism. We are all lines on a spreadsheet somewhere, and if our value exceeds cost, then we’re in luck.

Hunt’s financial cost is the NFL’s version of peanuts, and he is still just 23 and the was league’s leading rusher in his only full season as a pro. So he’s in luck. The Browns announced they had signed Hunt on Monday. They did so predictably, with a statement from general manager John Dorsey that referenced his personal history with Hunt — Dorsey oversaw the Chiefs front office that selected him in the NFL Draft.

Dorsey hit all the expected notes: said Hunt took responsibility for “his egregious actions” that the Browns “do not condone.” Hunt is undergoing treatment and subject to an NFL suspension, and Dorsey’s statement made clear that another incident “will not be tolerated.”

Hunt released a statement, too. Again, it hit most of the expected notes. He apologized both for the violence and for lying about it later. He thanked the Browns for the opportunity and expressed a commitment to be “a better and healthier person.”

Notably, neither man’s statement mentioned the victim, or even the existence of a victim, and both focused solely on the incident caught on video, ignoring a larger and troubling pattern that developed around Hunt.

Sadly, that meat-headed, narcissistic, optics-first-and-everything-else-second response was also expected.

The NFL and the men who operate it are not in the business of healing. They are not about self-improvement. They are about football — first, foremost and above everything else.

That is not a controversial statement, or even a criticism. There is no “gotcha” there. And that stance is not extreme. Those words are a reflection of what the NFL has shown itself to be about, over and over, year after year.

If the NFL generally and the men who run the league specifically truly cared about Hunt beyond his gifts on a football field, they never would have allowed him to sign with the Browns.

That’s nothing against the Browns, who with quarterback Baker Mayfield leading a nice collection of talent are well-positioned to be a contender for years.

It’s just that Cleveland is the last place Hunt should be, not the first. He grew up in a nearby suburb, in a home without his father around consistently. He has a mom and grandma and brother who love him deeply, but he’s also shown himself incapable of avoiding the traps of stardom in his hometown.

His problems — the ones we know about, anyway — have come in Cleveland, or with old influences from Cleveland, or both.

Those influences are strong enough that at one point the Chiefs pushed for Hunt to stay in Kansas City full-time, to concentrate fully on football and shrink the number of outside voices from which Hunt was hearing. Remember: That was before the video went public, back when the Chiefs believed Hunt when he told them that he had stayed in his room the night of the hotel incident.

Now, the Browns have essentially made it impossible to track or limit the influences that have already proved too much for Hunt to manage.

This doesn’t mean that Hunt will fail. This doesn’t mean Hunt will be arrested again. This doesn’t mean the Browns haven’t made a smart football decision.

Maybe Hunt has been scared straight. That’s possible, too. The Browns appear to be building something real, finally, with an offense on the rise and a defense loaded with talent. Whenever Hunt is able to join them — an eight-game suspension seems to be the minimum punishment he’s looking at — they will only be more talented.

But that’s a very different issue than the one Dorsey addressed in his statement, or the one the NFL would love for you to believe it cares about. Dorsey talked exclusively about Hunt becoming a better man, of following the league’s guidelines for personal conduct.

That is, to be kind, hogwash.

Hunt was cut less than three months ago. He just began counseling. He’s still on the commissioner’s exempt list. This is not the process for a team or league that prioritizes a young man’s recovery. This is the process for a team salivating at an elite talent available on the cheap.

That doesn’t make the Browns a bad organization. It makes them a business. It makes them what we should expect.

But spare us the empty posturing, especially when you’re putting the guy in the worst possible situation he could find.

A victim? LMAO

Today's culture of sensationalism over any topic is getting REALLY REALLY tiresome.

gblowfish 02-11-2019 07:04 PM

I figured he'd go to the Browns or the Bears because of the ex Chiefs at both stops. Indy was another possibility. Not surprised that he'd want to play in his hometown.We'll see if he can keep his Johnson out of trouble.

You'd think after they scooped up Bowe from us, they'd be a little hinky about picking up ex Chiefs....

ThaVirus 02-11-2019 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 14102122)
lmbo Pitt doing good work white knighting for a woman beater ITT

Are we labeling Kareem a woman beater now? Lol. Good Lord

BryanBusby 02-11-2019 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14102153)

So what would you label an individual that kicks a woman?

Reerun_KC 02-11-2019 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 14102163)

You’re average NFL player who got caught.

BryanBusby 02-11-2019 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 14102167)
You’re average NFL player who got caught.

LMAO pretty accurate, really.

Rasputin 02-11-2019 07:13 PM

Ironically he kicked the girl in Cleveland...

ThaVirus 02-11-2019 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 14102163)

Did you watch the video?

He didn't beat her.

SAUTO 02-11-2019 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14102177)
Did you watch the video?

He didn't beat her.

He rammed into someone else and her and she flew across the hall. She took a beating there.

Chief Northman 02-11-2019 07:38 PM

I’m not defending Hunt’s actions.

But I’ve seen more “violence” at some wedding dances, high school parties and even hockey arenas where women were at the heart of the dispute.

I can’t see a harsh suspension coming.

Jimkcchief88 02-11-2019 07:40 PM

Lol �� at the haters here on CP that thought KH career was done. I thought KH would end up here in Chicago, but surprise. Good for KH. Hope things go well for him. As for a PR nightmare the Chiefs??? That’s what we have been watching for the past two weeks on every sports outlet: the annual TB12 suck off. It started at the final gun of the Super Bowl. Players lining up to blow TB12 in front of the female interviewer, who was also on her knees. You say Chiefs outside of KC and everyone says “ you guys suck in the playoffs.” That’s a PR nightmare. I got a female Bears and a disgruntled Colts fan(tho all women love TB12) decorating my desk with TB12/Goats on the Monday after. That’s a nightmare. I don’t get when the Chiefs got all high and morally mighty??? Must have been after Lamar died because I remember when we had Bam Morris. I don’t watch football on Sundays looking for a role model. I would like to see a Chiefs Super Bowl win before I die and I’m almost 50. I don’t care if we run the Gridiron Gang out there on Sundays on Chief

greg63 02-11-2019 07:41 PM

I'm just glad he didn't go to another AFC West team.

ThaVirus 02-11-2019 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 14102179)
He rammed into someone else and her and she flew across the hall. She took a beating there.

She fell.

Calling him a woman beater is a reach, especially for that "kick".

Red Beans 02-11-2019 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimkcchief88 (Post 14102200)
Lol �� at the haters here on CP that thought KH career was done. I thought KH would end up here in Chicago, but surprise. Good for KH. Hope things go well for him. As for a PR nightmare the Chiefs??? That’s what we have been watching for the past two weeks on every sports outlet: the annual TB12 suck off. It started at the final gun of the Super Bowl. Players lining up to blow TB12 in front of the female interviewer, who was also on her knees. You say Chiefs outside of KC and everyone says “ you guys suck in the playoffs.” That’s a PR nightmare. I got a female Bears and a disgruntled Colts fan(tho all women love TB12) decorating my desk with TB12/Goats on the Monday after. That’s a nightmare. I don’t get when the Chiefs got all high and morally mighty??? Must have been after Lamar died because I remember when we had Bam Morris. I don’t watch football on Sundays looking for a role model. I would like to see a Chiefs Super Bowl win before I die and I’m almost 50. I don’t care if we run the Gridiron Gang out there on Sundays on Chief

JFC! How are people not getting this?!?!? The release had more to do With The outright lies KH told the Chiefs regarding the situation, and others he'd been involved in, than the actual act itself. This isn't as much a moral highgtound as it's an issue regarding insubordination. Context, subtlety, and nuance are hard for some to grasp I guess....

Kiimo 02-11-2019 07:52 PM

I hope he dies before we win the Super Bowl now

SAUTO 02-11-2019 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14102212)
She fell.

Calling him a woman beater is a reach, especially for that "kick".

No she didn't just fall.

Jimkcchief88 02-11-2019 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Beans (Post 14102222)
JFC! How are people not getting this?!?!? The release had more to do With The outright lies KH told the Chiefs regarding the situation, and others he'd been involved in, than the actual act itself. This isn't as much a moral highgtound as it's an issue regarding insubordination. Context, subtlety, and nuance are hard for some to grasp I guess....

Like our President lol... “I’m gonna build a wall and make Mexico pay for it.” Later:”When I said Mexico was gonna pay for the wall I didn’t mean they were going to pay for the wall.” Huh, wat???? But I guess 20 something NFL running backs are held to a higher standard than Mr Grab them by the pussy....

Jimkcchief88 02-11-2019 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 14102225)
I hope he dies before we win the Super Bowl now

Who is he???? GFU

TwistedChief 02-11-2019 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimkcchief88 (Post 14102200)

Thanks for your hot take! It's sad you're almost 50 and the Chiefs have never won a Super Bowl to placate you, but it's more sad that you actually believe what you've just typed above. It's good to know you lack all forms of perspective when you seem to think a lack of a Super Bowl victory is a bigger PR nightmare than a murder-suicide in the parking lot of the practice complex in front of the coach and GM.

ThaVirus 02-11-2019 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 14102229)
No she didn't just fall.

Who cares? He pushed someone who bumped into her which caused her to fall down.

He's not a woman beater.

Hammock Parties 02-11-2019 08:09 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DzJxT3ZWkAAWEWG.jpg

SAUTO 02-11-2019 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14102239)
Who cares? He pushed someone who bumped into her which caused her to fall down.

He's not a woman beater.

He was trying to attack her when that happened...

And you don't know what he is or isn't. He's sure not too worried about putting his hands on a female in the video,

SAUTO 02-11-2019 08:11 PM

He committed battery at the very least.

Couch-Potato 02-11-2019 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14102246)

Not outside the realm of possibility.

Marcellus 02-11-2019 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InTheNeutralZone55 (Post 14102071)
Mellinger nails it.

Personally, I give zero ****s about Hunt at this point for two reasons:

He left the team no choice by lying to them about not one, but apparently multiple incidents.

He's a ****ing RB, we would have been stupid to sign him past his rookie deal anyway. Most disposable position in the league.

He's Cleveland's problem now, meanwhile we're a SB contender without him.

Mellinger is partly right, there is no actual "victim" in this incident. That part irritated me.

Hunt being in Cleveland is not an ideal scenario though.

Jimkcchief88 02-11-2019 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14102236)
Thanks for your hot take! It's sad you're almost 50 and the Chiefs have never won a Super Bowl to placate you, but it's more sad that you actually believe what you've just typed above. It's good to know you lack all forms of perspective when you seem to think a lack of a Super Bowl victory is a bigger PR nightmare than a murder-suicide in the parking lot of the practice complex in front of the coach and GM.

So what does the Jevon Belcher situation have to do with KH??? The only similarity between the two situations is that KH and JB are and were(RIP JB) young and black. The end. But of course young and black is enough for you right??? Two young people unfortunately ended up dead in the JB situation. KH’s“victim” gave her statement in a hotel lobby, not a hospital. KH wasn’t even charged with a crime. But I see you graduated from Trump “create a crisis” school. Nice try, but epic fail.

Marcellus 02-11-2019 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 14102250)
He committed battery at the very least.

I disagree, he wasn't any more aggressive than she was, he is just male.

The reality is charges wouldn't be filed 99% of the time as they both were the aggressor. She actually hit him first and in the eyes of the law there is no male and female in that scenario.

TEX 02-11-2019 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimkcchief88 (Post 14102258)
So what does the Jevon Belcher situation have to do with KH??? The only similarity between the two situations is that KH and JB are and were(RIP JB) young and black. The end. But of course young and black is enough for you right??? Two young people unfortunately ended up dead in the JB situation. KH’s“victim” gave her statement in a hotel lobby, not a hospital. KH wasn’t even charged with a crime. But I see you graduated from Trump “create a crisis” school. Nice try, but epic fail.

Dude, I see you graduated from, "I'm a ****ing idiot" school.

New World Order 02-11-2019 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimkcchief88 (Post 14102258)

What a hilarious post

Jimkcchief88 02-11-2019 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 14102270)
Dude, I see you graduated from, "I'm a ****ing idiot" school.

Well you must have handed me my diploma professor. Murder suicide=Cleveland police didn’t even bother to file charges.

SAUTO 02-11-2019 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14102263)
I disagree, he wasn't any more aggressive than she was, he is just male.

The reality is charges wouldn't be filed 99% of the time as they both were the aggressor. She actually hit him first and in the eyes of the law there is no male and female in that scenario.

He still committed battery, she did too.

TwistedChief 02-11-2019 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimkcchief88 (Post 14102295)
Well you must have handed me my diploma professor. Murder suicide=Cleveland police didn’t even bother to file charges.

You do realize we're talking about violence against women. No one here is equating what Hunt did to what Belcher did, or even really what Hill did. But let's say you're an organization that went through the Belcher tragedy and then you spend some credibility capital in drafting Hill and taking the heat after that decision. Then the Hunt situation occurs. But it's not one situation - it's three in a single offseason that show a pattern of violence. Oh, and when asked about the most serious one, he lies about it to the team.

Can you not see how this might be a difficult thing for the organization to accept? This isn't some casual lie, and this isn't some isolated incident, and this isn't a team that's had a squeaky clean reputation up until this point. For that reason, they'd never get the benefit of the doubt.

You can disagree with that all you want, but that's the reality you're so very keen to deny.

Marcellus 02-11-2019 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 14102298)

Not sure what the legal definition of battery is but when neither person even needs first aid thats going to be a tough sell when it comes to pressing charges.

This kind of drunken nonsense is not what we need clogging up our court system. There is no victim in this.

Jimkcchief88 02-11-2019 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14102321)
You do realize we're talking about violence against women. No one here is equating what Hunt did to what Belcher did, or even really what Hill did. But let's say you're an organization that went through the Belcher tragedy and then you spend some credibility capital in drafting Hill and taking the heat after that decision. Then the Hunt situation occurs. But it's not one situation - it's three in a single offseason that show a pattern of violence. Oh, and when asked about the most serious one, he lies about it to the team.

Can you not see how this might be a difficult thing for the organization to accept? This isn't some casual lie, and this isn't some isolated incident, and this isn't a team that's had a squeaky clean reputation up until this point. For that reason, they'd never get the benefit of the doubt.

You can disagree with that all you want, but that's the reality you're so very keen to deny.

Uhhhhh you are the one that brought up Jevon Belcher, not me. I just pointed out one thing has nothing to do with the other. It’s like saying a M80 is an explosive like a nuclear weapon. I guess you have to be smart enough to figure out the difference....

Jimkcchief88 02-11-2019 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14102323)
Not sure what the legal definition of battery is but when neither person even needs first aid thats going to be a tough sell when it comes to pressing charges.

This kind of drunken nonsense is not what we need clogging up our court system. There is no victim in this.

Well I think Cleveland police know what the legal definition of battery and guess what??? The glove didn’t fit....(sorry I couldn’t help myself).

DTVietnam 02-11-2019 09:13 PM

actually betting odds on when he will debut for the Browns:

https://i.ibb.co/KFfxNW9/Screen-Shot...0-11-58-AM.png

BossChief 02-11-2019 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14102153)

You’re right. He ONLY kicked her a little.

comochiefsfan 02-11-2019 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greg63 (Post 14102202)
I'm just glad he didn't go to another AFC West team.

This is worse. He is going to another young AFC team that has a chance to challenge us for conference supremacy.

If he went to the Raiders, they would still suck and we would still demolish them.

This was honestly one of the worst case scenarios football wise.

Chiefshrink 02-11-2019 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14101470)
Oh, that guy who likely cost us a Super Bowl

Uhhhh....Dee Ford correct?:shrug:

Hamwallet 02-11-2019 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 14101294)
Chiefs and browns will be the top 2 teams in the AFC for 15 plus years

No way in hell a billion dollar industry lets Cleveland and Kansas City dominate for more then a couple years.

pugsnotdrugs19 02-11-2019 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 14102406)
This is worse. He is going to another young AFC team that has a chance to challenge us for conference supremacy.

If he went to the Raiders, they would still suck and we would still demolish them.

This was honestly one of the worst case scenarios football wise.

Disagree.

The Faid get laughed at a lot, and I’ve joked about Gruden, but I will not be shocked if he has them competitive sooner than later. They were already starting to play better as the year wore on sans week 17.

I’m not saying they’re going to compete next year, I doubt that. But if they hit on those draft picks that they’ve got, it won’t take long to potentially pass Denver and ultimately LAC once Rivers calls it quits. A lot of that rides on their QB situation too of course but I do think they’ve got a chance and Hunt would have accelerated the process.

Whereas going to Cleveland is curious to me. Even if they get rid of Duke Johnson, this addition creates some questions within that locker room. What is Nick Chubb supposed to think about this? I’m sure there are some guys on that team thinking that they didn’t need to bring a guy in with so much baggage.

Cleveland and their first year HC have a TON of hype to live up to and I’m not sure that this move helped that at all.

Mahomes_Is_God 02-11-2019 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14102451)
Disagree.

The Faid get laughed at a lot, and I’ve joked about Gruden, but I will not be shocked if he has them competitive sooner than later. They were already starting to play better as the year wore on sans week 17.

I’m not saying they’re going to compete next year, I doubt that. But if they hit on those draft picks that they’ve got, it won’t take long to potentially pass Denver and ultimately LAC once Rivers calls it quits. A lot of that rides on their QB situation too of course but I do think they’ve got a chance and Hunt would have accelerated the process.

Whereas going to Cleveland is curious to me. Even if they get rid of Duke Johnson, this addition creates some questions within that locker room. What is Nick Chubb supposed to think about this? I’m sure there are some guys on that team thinking that they didn’t need to bring a guy in with so much baggage.

Cleveland and their first year HC have a TON of hype to live up to and I’m not sure that this move helped that at all.

Raiders aren't winning shit with Carr as their QB. And they were awful from start to finish last season. Their biggest accomplishments last season were getting lucky against a Hue Jackson-led Browns team and getting even luckier against a self-imploding Steelers team.

SAUTO 02-11-2019 10:17 PM

Lions said they passed because they wanted good people on their team.

pugsnotdrugs19 02-11-2019 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahomes_Is_God (Post 14102502)
Raiders aren't winning shit with Carr as their QB. And they were awful from start to finish last season. Their biggest accomplishments last season were getting lucky against a Hue Jackson-led Browns team and getting even luckier against a self-imploding Steelers team.

I’m not saying they will win with Carr.

But I also don’t think Carr is for long with the Raiders.

TEX 02-11-2019 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimkcchief88 (Post 14102295)

No bro - you graduated Magna Cum Moron. Nobody is saying that. Only YOU are coming to that conclusion.

BryanBusby 02-11-2019 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 14102298)

Did it ahow her doing it in the video? I dont recall.

suzzer99 02-11-2019 10:36 PM

I graduated Smegma Cum Laude.

I'm told that's good.

SAUTO 02-11-2019 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 14102570)
Did it ahow her doing it in the video? I dont recall.

Pretty sure she slapped him at some point. But I haven't seen it for a while

chiefzilla1501 02-11-2019 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 14102106)
If he is suspended anymore games the players union should file grievance.

This was two adults that weakly assaulted each other.
His current punishment was more than enough.

Any chance at leniency went out the door when he lied about what happened and continue to do the things that could lead him to trouble, which it did. Ray rices incident was much much worse. But it appears to be a one time deal. Kareem has persistent anger issues when he's drunk and he may actually be lucky it was stopped before he did something much worse.

I really hate that we blackballed kareem hunt. But it is hopefully just what he needed. Though his decision to go to Cleveland makes me wonder if he actually learned anything. But he deserves a chance to prove us wrong.

stevieray 02-12-2019 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14102392)

..he shoved her with his foot.

you seen those legs? if he truly kicked her, he prolly would've killed her.

Mahomes_Is_God 02-12-2019 12:39 AM

Look at the Browns fans, jumping around and laughing and celebrating like a bunch of little school girls, as they should. They just scored a generational talent for next to nothing. I sincerely hope that who ever was responsible for Hunt getting cut plants a pistol firmly in their mouth and pulls that shit.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-12-2019 12:48 AM

I knew it. I ****ing knew it.

Well done, Johnny boy. Take a lesson, Brett; that's all you can do here.

Bump 02-12-2019 01:03 AM

I feel like we should get a compensation pick for this, Chiefs do the NFL a favor and cut one of the best RBs in the league right after news came out for good PR. Then some other team gets to just pick him up for next season for cheap, while we are out of a recent 3rd round pick. Doesn't seem right.

tk13 02-12-2019 01:23 AM

This is a dumb thing to meltdown over. Spend 20 years on these forums complaining that RBs are overrated and don't lead to championships, and what we need is a QB, and now we're doing just that and everyone loses their mind. If this was Mahomes there'd be a valid point here. But to sit here and use words like "generational talent" like the guy is Barry Sanders or Walter Payton is just way overdramatic. Hunt's a talented guy though and hopefully he's truly changed as a person.

Dude has multiple incidents that are being investigated and he lied about them on top of it. We have an all world offense, the best QB in the world and a coach who has a long history of finding All Star level running back talent. Draft another RB and get to work. If the Chiefs fail it's because Mahomes got hurt or Veach never fixed the defense.

TwistedChief 02-12-2019 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 14102675)
This is a dumb thing to meltdown over. Spend 20 years on these forums complaining that RBs are overrated and don't lead to championships, and what we need is a QB, and now we're doing just that and everyone loses their mind. If this was Mahomes there'd be a valid point here. But to sit here and use words like "generational talent" like the guy is Barry Sanders or Walter Payton is just way overdramatic. Hunt's a talented guy though and hopefully he's truly changed as a person.

Dude has multiple incidents that are being investigated and he lied about them on top of it. We have an all world offense, the best QB in the world and a coach who has a long history of finding All Star level running back talent. Draft another RB and get to work. If the Chiefs fail it's because Mahomes got hurt or Veach never fixed the defense.

Your sound logic and measured take have no place in this thread. GTFO.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-12-2019 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14101447)
So we should have what?

Held onto him and dealt with the media backlash after Kareem straight up lied to the Chiefs organization about what happened?

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14101481)
I’m going to post this in bold so maybe some of the morons will get it

If we would’ve kept Hunt, the media would’ve unfairly drug Tyreek’s name through the mud as well

It had to be done

I'm going to post THIS in bold, so that hopefully some of the incredibly short-sighted people here will "get it":

If you consciously decide to let the media run your franchise, you have already lost, and have no business in this business.

This an area, along with player relations and contracts detrimental to winning that the Chiefs MUST get better at.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14101521)
We know for a fact Brett Veach found Patrick Mahomes, not John Dorsey. How many other instances were there where Veach found a player and presented him to Dorsey?

Wasn’t he our scout that covered the SEC region when we drafted Chris Jones?

Dorsey is a really good scout, but I think Veach is too.

John Dorsey is a cutthroat sonofoabitch, and I hope he passed that along to Veach.

TwistedChief 02-12-2019 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14102685)
If you consciously decide to let the media run your franchise, you have already lost, and have no business in this business.

Do you perhaps think you're being a little too black and white here?

There's acknowledging the fact that public opinion actually matters and has influence on the value of a business and needs to be considered.

AND

There's letting the media - and by extension public opinion - entirely influence every decision you make ("run your franchise," as you would say).

Clark Hunt has a business. One of his employees lied to him. Not about a minor infraction, but about something quite serious and something that could certainly impact the value of said business. That same employee also had a couple other similar incidents in just that offseason alone. If this isn't the NFL and we're not fans who are desperate for a Super Bowl, does anything about this make Clark Hunt really seem like a man who has ceded operational control of his franchise to the media mob?

IUsedToBeATightEnd 02-12-2019 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 14102662)
I feel like we should get a compensation pick for this, Chiefs do the NFL a favor and cut one of the best RBs in the league right after news came out for good PR. Then some other team gets to just pick him up for next season for cheap, while we are out of a recent 3rd round pick. Doesn't seem right.

No, we should get no compensation at all for this.
The NFL NEVER asked us to let go of the best runner of the league for free.
It was a PC move aimed at earning us some general consensus and to please the media, so we already got AMPLE compensation.
Sure, you don't win Superbowls out of PC and general consensus, but that's an altogether different matter, and one that don't seem so high on the priority list of whoever decided to "donate" the top running back of the league to some other team.

I'm not questioning Mahomes being a generational talent, but matter of fact his stats have changed quite a bit since Hunt is gone.
Williams is a good running back, but not one you need to plan and double against.
That's why he made good numbers, and something that should be remembered every time we will see linebackers blitzing with DB playing man to man next year, same as the pats did on the AFCCG, because there was no Hunt to look out for.
We all know next year stats for Mahomes won't be the same as this year, and we will basically have a one-dimensional offense, with an average running back who can run for a fair gain here and there thrown in for good measure.
Given our offensive line, a RB who can make yards after contact (which Williams is not) is worth his weight in gold.

This stupid decision to release Hunt is one that will come back to bite us when it hurts the most, same as it did in the AFCCG this year.
Hope (and think) the "new" defense can make up for that, nonetheless letting Hunt go is something we will regret for a long time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14102693)

Clark Hunt has a business. One of his employees lied to him. Not about a minor infraction, but about something quite serious and something that could certainly impact the value of said business.

In football, the value of "said business" is STRICTLY AND DIRECTLY related to the number of Superbowls you win.
And yes, in order to win multiple Superbowls you certainly have to be "desperate" about it. This hardly comes as a "byproduct" of management aimed at general consensus.

kcpasco 02-12-2019 03:14 AM

Clark Hunt is a ****ing idiot. He’s lucky he landed Mahomes or this franchise would still be mediocre at best. That’s my opinion and all I’m going to say because I already melted down over cutting him before 24 hours even passed. I wish we had a better owner.

Should have just suspended him for the season but Clarky ego was hurt because he was lied to.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-12-2019 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14102693)
Do you perhaps think you're being a little too black and white here?

There's acknowledging the fact that public opinion actually matters and has influence on the value of a business and needs to be considered.

AND

There's letting the media - and by extension public opinion - entirely influence every decision you make ("run your franchise," as you would say).

Clark Hunt has a business. One of his employees lied to him. Not about a minor infraction, but about something quite serious and something that could certainly impact the value of said business. That same employee also had a couple other similar incidents in just that offseason alone. If this isn't the NFL and we're not fans who are desperate for a Super Bowl, does anything about this make Clark Hunt really seem like a man who has ceded operational control of his franchise to the media mob?

First, I will reiterate what the only other logical poster in this matter has said; these matters are to be handled internally. Period. There are and were several other ways in which this situation could have been handled to show Reid and Clark's displeasure at the situation, and this notion that Tyreek Hill would lose face over another man's actions is patently absurd.
Even thinking that way shows a mentality that seeks to placate and conduct damage control instead of handling the situation in a more nuanced, aggressive, and strategic manner.
You're going to sit here and tell me that the man and franchise who can walk to a podium on a weekly basis and spout "day to day" ad-nauseum to a press that just rolls its eyes and goes about its business can't perform a similar action regarding Hunt? Of course he could. If he wanted to, that is. And there isn't a damned thing the press could or would do about it. And as the big plays, TD's, and wins continued to pile up, the story of Kareem's private indiscretions fade out. This is the way of things, the way of winning teams in the NFL. You know this, and I shouldn't even have to explain it.

What this was, was a reactionary, hasty, and ill thought out action on the part of the Chiefs, and it cost them for the remainder of the 2018 season. Period. End of story.

At the end of the day, there are two things and two things ALONE that give this cluster**** a pass of grace:

1) The player in question was a running back. A talented running back, but a running back nonetheless. This position is not vital to our efforts, the position can be easily replaced, and Andy Reid has a good history of finding said position.

2) This event occurred well before the 2018 AFCCG and subsequent loss, and therefore occurred before Clark and Reid had their "come to Jesus"-moment regarding the reality of winning in this league, and what it's going to take to win in this league. I expect to see NO MORE of this type of bullshit going forward and so far, their actions speak to the validity of doing WHATEVER it takes to make this team a winner.

Rasputin 02-12-2019 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 14102662)

I think its complete bullshit too and we would have rolled over the Patriots and beaten the Rams in the Super Bowl.

Sassy Squatch 02-12-2019 04:54 AM

LMAO As if Hunt was going to play another down of football in 2018. He was going on the exempt list no matter what we did.

IUsedToBeATightEnd 02-12-2019 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14102709)
LMAO As if Hunt was going to play another down of football in 2018. He was going on the exempt list no matter what we did.

It's not a matter of how many downs he would have played in 2018.
It's a matter of how many downs he will play in 2019, who they will be played for, and what we get in return for those downs not being played for us.

The EXACT SAME statement from John Dorsey may/should have come from Clark Hunt. I fully subscribe to the Dorsey statement when he mentions "clinic professionals".
That's a sensible statement from a GM who won't pass up on a chance to improve his team while minimizing PR issues.

Only reason KHunt should have been TRADED (not released) is if he was positive to CTE antibodies. I agree we don't need another Jovan Belcher as someone else said earlier on this thread.
A bad temper is one thing, a bad temper associated with the possibility of a brain disease is another thing.

threebag 02-12-2019 05:18 AM

We won’t have to worry about another K. Hunt incident popping up again. Imagine if they would have released the story after Wild Card weekend.

This all falls on K. Hunt... his actions.. his responsibility...

Why Not? 02-12-2019 05:36 AM

Chiefs running back sets NFL record for most touchdowns in the 4th quarter of a playoff game in the AFCCG, yet half of CP

“We wered’ve won the Super Berl if we still had a gerd running back”

Somehow unaware that Hunt wouldn’t have played a down until at least around November of 2019.

Why Not? 02-12-2019 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 14102675)

^^^^^

Sassy Squatch 02-12-2019 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IUsedToBeATightEnd (Post 14102713)
It's not a matter of how many downs he would have played in 2018.
It's a matter of how many downs he will play in 2019, who they will be played for, and what we get in return for those downs not being played for us.

The EXACT SAME statement from John Dorsey may/should have come from Clark Hunt. I fully subscribe to the Dorsey statement when he mentions "clinic professionals".
That's a sensible statement from a GM who won't pass up on a chance to improve his team while minimizing PR issues.

Only reason KHunt should have been TRADED (not released) is if he was positive to CTE antibodies. I agree we don't need another Jovan Belcher as someone else said earlier on this thread.
A bad temper is one thing, a bad temper associated with the possibility of a brain disease is another thing.

There are posters above acting like he made the difference between us winning and not winning the Super Bowl this year because we released him. He wasn't playing regardless of what we did.

As for 2019 and beyond, I just don't give that much of a ****. Kareem Hunt realistically plays at most another season and a half of football for us if we don't cut him. Considering the fact that he's a RB, it just doesn't matter that much to me. We can easily find a suitable replacement, if we haven't already in Damien Williams.

What in the **** does CTE have to do with any of it? He's an asshole when he's drunk. That's it.

Why Not? 02-12-2019 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IUsedToBeATightEnd (Post 14102695)

I'm not questioning Mahomes being a generational talent, but matter of fact his stats have changed quite a bit since Hunt is gone.

That includes games against the two toughest defenses we faced all season(Balt, healthy Bosa San Diego). In the 7 games overall without Hunt, the Chiefs put up an average over 30 ppg. Including 31 ppg in each playoff game. With even a moderately below league average defense, this team probably wins the SB and no one here ever GAF about Kareem Hunt again.

Sassy Squatch 02-12-2019 05:54 AM

Sammy Watkins was also gone for a majority of that time.

Why Not? 02-12-2019 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IUsedToBeATightEnd (Post 14102713)

Only reason KHunt should have been TRADED (not released) is if he was positive to CTE antibodies.

Hahaha. Traded? For what, the right to draft Mr. Irrelevant? I would love to listen to that conference call between Veach and the other GMs in the league:

“Okay, gentleman. I have a talented player at probably the easiest position of the starting 22 to replace, available for trade. He’s just been caught on video in an act of violence against a female, which is only at least the 2nd time he’s been linked to acting out violently, and he totally lied to me and the big boss about the entire incident. He’s going to be on the exempt list the rest of this year and God knows how long he will be suspended in 2019. Oh, by the way, he just got out of medical and his testing shows he’s likely to develop CTE in the next couple years, if not sooner. Let’s hear your offers, fellas”

IUsedToBeATightEnd 02-12-2019 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 14102715)
We won’t have to worry about another K. Hunt incident popping up again. Imagine if they would have released the story after Wild Card weekend.

This all falls on K. Hunt... his actions.. his responsibility...

This has nothing to do with the fact that he may have been traded instead of released.

As far as worrying about incidents...
Some teams don't give a **** about "incidents", get the players back on the rosters after the suspension, and finally use them to win AFCCG and Superbowls (Edelman).
Other teams release top players after incidents (and lose).

After all, it all boils down to how much "desperate" you are to win, and if you are ready to push the boundaries to do it.
You want to establish a "dinasty" like the Pats, you have to act like the Pats.
Wins must come before everyting else, no "ifs" and "buts" there. Then let the rest of the country and the media hate you.
Winning mentality.

When you win multiple superbowls there are be plenty reasons for being hated, and if there are none they will find one, besides not releasing an ill tempered player who got a suspension for brushing a bitch in the butt, who called him a n.....

ChiliConCarnage 02-12-2019 06:05 AM

Step 1: kill Kareem Hunt
2. Test his brain for CTE
3. Bring him back to life

If he has CTE we obviously trade him. WHY CANT CLARK HUNT FIGURE THIS SHIT OUT!?

IUsedToBeATightEnd 02-12-2019 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 14102723)
Hahaha. Traded? For what, the right to draft Mr. Irrelevant? I would love to listen to that conference call between Veach and the other GMs in the league:

“Okay, gentleman. I have a talented player at probably the easiest position of the starting 22 to replace, available for trade. He’s just been caught on video in an act of violence against a female, which is only at least the 2nd time he’s been linked to acting out violently, and he totally lied to me and the big boss about the entire incident. He’s going to be on the exempt list the rest of this year and God knows how long he will be suspended in 2019. Oh, by the way, he just got out of medical and his testing shows he’s likely to develop CTE in the next couple years, if not sooner. Let’s hear your offers, fellas”

Are you aware of the fact that CTE antibodies can be found in common blood exams ?
Which means you don't have to go out and spill the beans like that. If someone's interested they will take their their steps to evaluate if the player is healthy, mentally and otherwise. You don't buy a player like a pair of shoes.
And are you aware how many players who are positive keep playing and being traded ?
Being positive doesn't mean you are "likely" to develop the disease, it's just a marker.
Let's be honest and face the reality of facts, and how things are dealt with in the NFL, below the surface.
Do you really believe no one would be interested in trading for KHunt for "lying" (besides the "terrible incident" (which is totally irrelevant in this scenario, as we've all seen much worse, and players keep playing) ?

ThaVirus 02-12-2019 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14102392)

He shooed her away with his foot. That's the same motion you give your dog when you're trying to get him off the couch.