ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Money Bitcoin Take? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270065)

BWillie 06-22-2017 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 12926407)
Bitcoin was 13$ in 2013, according to coinbase. That 1000 would have bought you 77 bitcoins.

It's now $2700+ Per coin

That's about $208,000.

Yeah, I just looked a garf real quick. Even moreso based on your figures. Read an article as well that indicated if you bought $5 in bitcoin 5 years ago, you would have 4.4 million today.

Spend a little, perhaps get alot later if you get lucky. The kicker for me is I had some bitcoin at the beginning of 2014, but I got scared and sold it.

ChiefRocka 06-23-2017 04:18 PM

BlockChain Engineer
Foster City, CAFull-time
Company Description
Visa Inc
Job Description
We are working on Blockchain technology and want to add a highly motivated Engineer to our team in
Foster City,CA. Work on emerging technologies, building POC’s leveraging internal infrastructure and data, partnering with Product on implementation strategy.Work with technology teams to understand the business demand and ensure design and build of solutions creates or leverages cross-asset concepts and frameworks.

We're seeking a strong developer experienced with Ethereum and blockchain architecture to be a part of
team tasked with building distributed application. Our ideal candidate has built and released distributed
applications, has worked with the Ripple, R3, Ethereum and/or Bitcoin blockchain, and has experience with Solidity,
Qualifications
Primary Responsibility

Lead several unique Blockchain initiatives
Direct client and business exposure
Write code
Troll Chiefsplanet
Work on blockchain POCs
Monitor blockchain technologies.
Maintain firm’s relationship with the Hyperledger initiative.

Qualifications
Experience in Trade Finance, Equities, Payments Processing, Wholesale Credit
BlockChain technical expertise that is hands-on, platforms
Cloud architecture and scalable solutions including orchestration & containers
Must have a BS in Computer Science
Must have 2+ years of experience with distributed software development.
Must have hands on experience with all aspects of software development: data, server side, UI, and open source software.
Must have experience with Linux, Open source, C++ or Java, client server apps
Demonstrated passion for Fintech innovation, open source (OSS) software contributions, blockchain, cryptography, and
data-science
Passion for Test driven development and continuous learning
Enjoyment of the wild startup rodeo. Yee haw!
No Fear of the edge of startup engineering
Total Industry experience myst be 8+ years
Additional Information
Candidate will be working in VISA Global Commercial Payments area, team will be building a new payment rail leveraging Blockchain technology and distributed ledger, project details can be found here --

https://usa.visa.com/visa-everywhere...b-connect.html

Weapon X 07-10-2017 12:26 PM

In for crypto discussion.

Made a small fortune in this year, weathering the current storm until Aug 1st BTC drama ends and we can get back to focusing on the MFing moon.

BWillie 07-10-2017 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weapon X (Post 12950728)

Made a small fortune in this year, weathering the current storm until Aug 1st BTC drama ends and we can get back to focusing on the MFing moon.

?

mikeyis4dcats. 07-10-2017 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 12950735)
?

https://hackernoon.com/casual-bitcoi...t-d568e07418cb

Weapon X 07-10-2017 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 12950735)
?

Scaling debate... blockstream (btc core devs) vs bitcoin unlimited (Jihan Wu of Bitmain, Roger Ver, etc)

Segwit vs bigger blocks

A leading cause for much of the recent turmoil (along with ETH ICOs dumping, FUD campaigns from maximalists, profit taking, and some unsophisticated panic).

The real fun starts back up when EEA 3 gets announced... hopefully soon but might not be until the end of the month :rolleyes:

NewChief 07-10-2017 12:40 PM

I don't actually invest in cryptocurrency, but I did find Tim Ferriss's recent podcast with Nick Szabo to be fascinating. He's really interested in potentials for smart contracts and such, but it's a pretty theoretical look at where we could be going with cryptocurrency beyond just the "gold rush" days of today when people are just trying to get rich.

I thought one of the funniest lines was when he said that people he knows in law enforcement are starting to see blockchains as "prosecurtion futures" once they start to be able to unravel them efficiently.

http://tim.blog/2017/06/04/nick-szabo/

Weapon X 07-10-2017 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 12950750)
I don't actually invest in cryptocurrency, but I did find Tim Ferriss's recent podcast with Nick Szabo to be fascinating. He's really interested in potentials for smart contracts and such, but it's a pretty theoretical look at where we could be going with cryptocurrency beyond just the "gold rush" days of today when people are just trying to get rich.

I thought one of the funniest lines was when he said that people he knows in law enforcement are starting to see blockchains as "prosecurtion futures" once they start to be able to unravel them efficiently.

http://tim.blog/2017/06/04/nick-szabo/

Good luck with that lol. Not only are there a slew of privacy coins with zsnark/zerocoin tech, but CT (confidential transactions) protocols will be implemented in BTC, ETH, LTC, etc too.

As for the smart contract tech itself... the EEA is doing a lot of leg work there, as well as ConsenSys in NY (run by Eth Co-founder Joseph Lubin)

ChiefRocka 07-10-2017 04:38 PM

http://cdn3.meme.am/cache/instances/...eedom-hodl.jpg

Ming the Merciless 07-10-2017 04:41 PM

so my ethereum went down like 30% and if i wouldve stayed in LTC i would be up 25%

im gonna hold it afor a few years probably just to see what happens

i might buy like 10 more ethereum i dunno

suzzer99 07-10-2017 04:50 PM

3x in my life I knew there was a bubble:

1) During the dotcom boom, when my uncle asked me if XML was the next Linux.

2) When I got pre-approved for a $600k loan which I could in no way afford, and was told if I wanted to borrow more, wanted to make zero down payment, or had no documentation to back up my income - those could all be worked out.

3) When Dennis Rodman wore a Potcoin hat to N. Korea.

Now having said that, the bubble could grow 10x more. But it will pop one of these days, and it will be ugly.

"This time it's different" - the most dangerous 4 words in investing.

BWillie 07-10-2017 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 12951128)
so my ethereum went down like 30% and if i wouldve stayed in LTC i would be up 25%

PIVX!

Ming the Merciless 07-10-2017 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 12951174)
PIVX!

looks interesting

can i trade it on btc-e?

ChiefRocka 07-10-2017 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 12951143)
3x in my life I knew there was a bubble:

1) During the dotcom boom, when my uncle asked me if XML was the next Linux.

Was the Internet a bubble or just some crappy websites posing as companies that eventually lost all value the bubble? The tech behind the movement was never in a bubble.

BWillie 07-10-2017 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 12951179)
looks interesting

can i trade it on btc-e?

I've been touting it since it was $1.05. I've got $1,000 of it. It got up to $2.70 the other day. Seems like almost all of crypto is taking a hit right now, and some of the smaller cryptos are kind of backed by bitcoin because that is the currency many use to trade it with.

The places I know you can get Pivx and some others lesser known penny cyrpto are bittrex and yobit but there are many more.

Ming the Merciless 07-10-2017 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 12951209)
I've been touting it since it was $1.05. I've got $1,000 of it. It got up to $2.70 the other day. Seems like almost all of crypto is taking a hit right now, and some of the smaller cryptos are kind of backed by bitcoin because that is the currency many use to trade it with.

The places I know you can get Pivx and some others lesser known penny cyrpto are bittrex and yobit but there are many more.

awesome thank you for the tips...

I had a cryptsy account until...well you know....that douche bag took the money and ran off to china...

SO right now i only have coinbase and btc-e

BossChief 07-10-2017 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 12951128)

Buy low

suzzer99 07-11-2017 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 12951192)
Was the Internet a bubble or just some crappy websites posing as companies that eventually lost all value the bubble? The tech behind the movement was never in a bubble.

Right, which is why this could be even worse when it crashes. There is zero intrinsic value other than goodwill. This could be Tulipmania. Which went on for like 100 years btw.

Weapon X 07-11-2017 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 12951174)
PIVX!

Bought into PIVX at 10 cents and have been staking the entire time :Pimp:

Trivers 07-15-2017 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 12926132)
how many shit their pants yesterday?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/marke...296/ar-BBD0gWR

Just now starting to get into Bitcoin and the others.

$13??? I would have invested at that moment

What alert system do y'all use to see swings like this?

Trivers 07-15-2017 11:52 AM

Just read trough all 23 pages of CP. Good info!

Signed up for coinbase.com

All excited to make FIRST Ethereum purchase....and got this message TWICE:

Hi XXXX,

On July 15, 2017, you ordered XXXX via your payment method for $XXX USD.

Unfortunately this transaction has been canceled. Although we try to avoid canceling transactions, in rare circumstances certain transactions cannot be processed due to requirements imposed by our banking partners or other technical errors.

If your payment method was charged, you will receive a full refund as quickly as possible. Coinbase will not charge any fees for this transaction. If you have any questions, please contact our customer support team.

Kind regards,
The Coinbase Team

:( Not impressed.

Trivers 07-15-2017 12:00 PM

Anyone investing in ICOs?

That is what got me looking at e-currency....just launched the latest start-up and was wondering if I could do an ICO around it.....

Thanks

Trivers 07-15-2017 12:01 PM

Next question: what websites or sources do you read or follow to keep up?

Demonpenz 07-15-2017 12:19 PM

get coinbase for your phone.

Trivers 07-15-2017 02:28 PM

Anybody mining? Or did it in the past?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShOlF5wD0Ik

Answered my own question:

Guess the age of home mining is over for BIT and ETH.

https://99bitcoins.com/bitcoin-minin...s-explanation/

BWillie 07-15-2017 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weapon X (Post 12950728)

Yeah seems like this is driving bitcoin and other crypto down for the moment. Don't expect it to get better in the next couple of weeks either. I think I'm going to hold all of it until Sept 1st. Seems like some other people I respect about crypto expect the same as you indicated.

Trivers 07-16-2017 02:29 PM

Does it concern you that Ethereum has dropped from $369 to $151 in 30 days? Or Bitcoin from $2700 to $1900??

Starting to lay out the rough outline of our possible ICO. Lots of homework and groundwork awaits us.

-King- 07-16-2017 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trivers (Post 12958895)
Does it concern you that Ethereum has dropped from $369 to $151 in 30 days? Or Bitcoin from $2700 to $1900??

Starting to lay out the rough outline of our possible ICO. Lots of homework and groundwork awaits us.

I really wish I had sold at 300+. Or not bought more at 350 thinking that was the low point.
Posted via Mobile Device

Demonpenz 07-16-2017 03:57 PM

i sold at like 180 and took a 60 dollar loss or so. Generally if I find out a hot tip it isnt hot at all.

TambaBerry 07-16-2017 04:04 PM

Anyone bailing on it right now is an idiot. I'm buying more of it for cheap

ChiefRocka 07-16-2017 05:08 PM

When this "scaling debate" subsides the bitcoin network will be well regarded by the media as a self correcting system because of social consensus inherent within the code's protocol. New money will enter the market and prices will trend higher.

Meanwhile very little has changed at all with Ethereum. This is simply the case of the #1 cryptocurrency having a real decision point and the uncertainty is dragging down the entire market because, quite frankly, it is still vaporware until your first Dapps hit the streets.

My gut tells me that this upcoming holiday season will be pretty damn exciting for crypto.

Edit: For the guy correctly stating Coinbase has been shady. I've switched to Gemini.com

Trivers 07-16-2017 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 12959127)
When this "scaling debate" subsides the bitcoin network will be well regarded by the media as a self correcting system because of social consensus inherent within the code's protocol. New money will enter the market and prices will trend higher.

Meanwhile very little has changed at all with Ethereum. This is simply the case of the #1 cryptocurrency having a real decision point and the uncertainty is dragging down the entire market because, quite frankly, it is still vaporware until your first Dapps hit the streets.

My gut tells me that this upcoming holiday season will be pretty damn exciting for crypto.

Edit: For the guy correctly stating Coinbase has been shady. I've switched to Gemini.com

Good post.

Shady? I just signed with them and bought on Saturday. :( Why do you say that?

Demonpenz 07-16-2017 05:20 PM

Coinbase goes down at important times not letting you buy or sell, but it looks and seems legit to me.

ChiefRocka 07-16-2017 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trivers (Post 12959136)
Good post.

Shady? I just signed with them and bought on Saturday. :( Why do you say that?

Coinbase has a storied history of going offline during hours of high volatility. Its kind of bullshit

suzzer99 07-16-2017 07:04 PM

Replace the names and this could easily be a Motley Fool thread from 1999.

FWIW - if I had to bet I'd say BTC and ETH could just as easily go up 10x from here as crash. Once you make it easy for my uncle to invest - the shit could really take off.

But make no mistake the crash will eventually come. Bubbles don't exist w/o true believers. But the skeptics usually get out with something intact. Unless you're that skeptic that finally capitulates at the top of the market. Don't be that guy. :D

-King- 07-16-2017 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 12959070)

I'm not bailing but I'm mad as **** for buying more at $340. My initial buy was at $97 so until it starts hovering that number, I'm not selling.
Posted via Mobile Device

SuperChief 07-16-2017 08:28 PM

Also in for crypto talk. Just bought in last week with Litecoin and some Ether. We'll see how it goes. I'm planning on hodling through this August 1st mess (or non-mess, which is my belief) and see what pans out.

ChiefRocka 07-17-2017 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 12959277)
Replace the names and this could easily be a Motley Fool thread from 1999.

FWIW - if I had to bet I'd say BTC and ETH could just as easily go up 10x from here as crash. Once you make it easy for my uncle to invest - the shit could really take off.

But make no mistake the crash will eventually come. Bubbles don't exist w/o true believers. But the skeptics usually get out with something intact. Unless you're that skeptic that finally capitulates at the top of the market. Don't be that guy. :D

I hear you but remember this truth. Every pre-IPO stock price has bubbled up from pennies. The word bubble is tossed around a lot because its fun to say.

58-4ever 07-17-2017 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 12959070)

Agree. This is definitely a bubble, but the bubble is a few years away from bursting. There is a TON of money to be made here.

Weapon X 07-17-2017 08:01 AM

How's everyone holding up weathering the storm?

Bitmain started signalling for SegWit 2x today, so this might be over in a week.

Stay strong, bros.

#HODLyfe

MahiMike 07-18-2017 06:33 AM

http://www.teekatraining.com/video-1_mfh615.html

Weapon X 07-18-2017 01:40 PM

MasterCard and Cisco just joined the EEA (the "Enterprise Ethereum Alliance"--this is the reason why ETH is pumping hard right now)

Quote:

NEW YORK, NY, USA – July 18, 2017 – Enterprise Ethereum Alliance (EEA) announced today that 34 organizations have joined the blockchain industry group since late May. This brings total membership to over 150 organizations added since the group’s launch in February of this year. EEA is now the world’s largest open-source blockchain initiative. EEA’s newest members represent a wide variety of business sectors, including technology, banking, government, healthcare, energy, pharmaceuticals, marketing, and insurance, as well as a number of fast-growing Ethereum startups.

Composed of forward-looking enterprises and blockchain innovators, EEA is an industry-supported, non-profit established to build, promote, and broadly support Ethereum-based technology best practices, open standards, and open source reference architectures.

New EEA members include: 2Advise; Amalto Technologies; Antibiotic Research UK (ANTRUK); Aquilon Energy Services, Inc.; ASSETH; BLOCKO Inc.; Bloq; Cisco Systems; Cybersoft Digital Services Corp.; Enter Corporation Co., Ltd.; Equities.com, Inc.; Finclusion Labs, Inc. (WeTrust.io); Government of Andhra Pradesh; HashCash Consultants; HEAL Alliance; iEx.ec; Lazarski University; Loyyal Corporation; MadHive; Mattr; NetObjex Inc.; OTP Bank Plc.; QIWI Blockchain Technologies LLC.; Revelry; RISKebiz; Scotiabank; Streami Inc.; Talkcrypto.org; Technical University of Munich; Texcent Asia Pte Ltd; TIS R&D Center, Inc.; TokenCard / Monolith; Ventured and Ypse IT Solutions.
https://entethalliance.org/enterpris...in-initiative/

O.city 07-18-2017 02:21 PM

So is that a good thing?

BossChief 07-18-2017 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12961721)
So is that a good thing?

Gone from 150 per token to 245 per token in 2 days

So, yeah

ChiefRocka 07-18-2017 06:32 PM

Ethereum ERC20 Token I'm tracking: OmiseGo (OMG)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/neCaG0LoKQ0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MahiMike 07-20-2017 11:05 AM

Since you guys are way ahead of me on this topic, I'm attending a seminar on this tonight at 8:00 EST. Would be curious to hear your opinion on this.

Teekatraining.com

I'm not endorsing anything here. Just an interested newbie.

Jewish Rabbi 07-20-2017 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 12964502)
Since you guys are way ahead of me on this topic, I'm attending a seminar on this tonight at 8:00 EST. Would be curious to hear your opinion on this.

Teekatraining.com

I'm not endorsing anything here. Just an interested newbie.

Seems like a scam to me.

MahiMike 07-20-2017 03:40 PM

What exchange are you guys trading these stocks on?

ChiefRocka 07-20-2017 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 12964955)
What exchange are you guys trading these stocks on?

Check out Gemini.com

BWillie 07-20-2017 07:23 PM

Am I going to dies?

I have moneys on Coinbase, Blockchain.com, Yobit, Mycelium, and Xapo. Do I need to do anything to be safe from this split?

Dear Coinbase Customer,

We are contacting you to make you aware of recent developments in a number of proposals for technical changes to Bitcoin. All BTC stored on Coinbase will remain safe during these events described below.

The User Activated Hard Fork (UAHF) is a proposal to increase the Bitcoin block size scheduled to activate on August 1. The UAHF is incompatible with the current Bitcoin ruleset and will create a separate blockchain. Should UAHF activate on August 1, Coinbase will not support the new blockchain or its associated coin.

The User Activated Soft Fork (UASF) is a proposal to adopt Segregated Witness on the Bitcoin blockchain and could result in network instability. It is scheduled to activate at the same time as the UAHF.

To ensure the safety of customers’ funds, we will temporarily suspend BTC deposits, withdrawals, and buy/sell starting approximately 4 hours before activation of either fork.

If you do not wish to have access to UAHF coins, and do not wish to access your BTC during the fork, you are not required to take any action.
If you do wish to have access to UAHF coins or access your BTC during the fork, you should send your BTC from Coinbase to your external address by July 31.
For more information on these potential Bitcoin forks, please refer to this article: https://support.coinbase.com/custome...-uahf-uasf-faq.

Thank you,

Coinbase Team

ChiefRocka 07-21-2017 04:54 AM

Rule #1 - Get your money off of exchanges into a wallet only you control the private keys for. Of your list, Mycelium is your safest bet. If any one of these exchanges become insolvent you will lose everything (Mt. Gox Lesson).

Substantial value should be secured with industry standard hard wallets (Eg. Trezor or Ledger S)

MahiMike 07-21-2017 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 12965971)
Rule #1 - Get your money off of exchanges into a wallet only you control the private keys for. Of your list, Mycelium is your safest bet. If any one of these exchanges become insolvent you will lose everything (Mt. Gox Lesson).

Substantial value should be secured with industry standard hard wallets (Eg. Trezor or Ledger S)

I was just posting this question. I read to not keep it on the exchange in case of hacking.

So are you able to transfer from your exchange over to your wallet anytime you want?

MahiMike 07-23-2017 11:26 AM

Continuing on with this topic since I'm so enthralled by it. Here's more information than you'll want on the subject by a very smart dude.

https://medium.com/@nellsonx/how-to-...7-32d59e2ff435

BWillie 07-23-2017 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 12965971)

Whats a good cheaper but reliable hardware wallet I can buy in the week or so? Trezor, Ledger etc? Would like to buy locally if possible

When I go to look for a Ledger Nano S, I can't get one before September. I want to get this all figured out before the Aug 1 possible fork. I guess I could just use Mycelium for free, seems reasonable safe.

ChiefRocka 07-24-2017 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 12969747)
Whats a good cheaper but reliable hardware wallet I can buy in the week or so? Trezor, Ledger etc? Would like to buy locally if possible

When I go to look for a Ledger Nano S, I can't get one before September. I want to get this all figured out before the Aug 1 possible fork. I guess I could just use Mycelium for free, seems reasonable safe.

Don't let the 8/1 deadline scare you, odds are nothing will happen but a price rise. You're good with trezor or ledger honestly. If you have an iPhone, breadwallet is a good app option, mycelium for android.

Weapon X 07-25-2017 08:20 AM

Bitcoin is taking a hit today because a new group announced their intent to hardfork (Bitcoin Cash, they call themselves) and ViaBTC mining pool has already announced their support, so we'll see what happens with Jihan and Roger moving forward.

In better news:

Coinstarter is currently giving away 75 tokens just for signing up (pre-ICO) at the equivalent of almost .1 BTC (top of their site displays, 1 BTC = 800 tokens)

https://coinstarter.com?ref=o77q3nxtd

MahiMike 07-25-2017 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weapon X (Post 12972597)
Bitcoin is taking a hit today because a new group announced their intent to hardfork (Bitcoin Cash, they call themselves) and ViaBTC mining pool has already announced their support, so we'll see what happens with Jihan and Roger moving forward.

In better news:

Coinstarter is currently giving away 75 tokens just for signing up (pre-ICO) at the equivalent of almost .1 BTC (top of their site displays, 1 BTC = 800 tokens)

https://coinstarter.com?ref=o77q3nxtd

Thanks. They really are new. Won't work on phones yet.

Weapon X 07-25-2017 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 12972953)
Thanks. They really are new. Won't work on phones yet.

The website is running like shit too.

Use a different password when you sign up just because there are shady people in the global crypto space, so always better safe than sorry especially when dealing with a new site

Ming the Merciless 07-28-2017 10:57 AM

welp I just lost the vast majority of my coins in the BTC-e scandal...

Its my bad, I was being lazy and keeping them there for ease of trading..had them there for around 5 years with zero problems... now they are gone...

I guess I am lucky that coins are a tiny fraction of my investment...

SO now I have had coins disappear THREE times...I was Gox'd, then Cryptsy ****ed me.... and now Btc-e got me....

MahiMike 07-30-2017 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 12977972)

Its my bad, I was being lazy and keeping them there for ease of trading..had them there for around 5 years with zero problems... now they are gone...

SO now I have had coins disappear THREE times...I was Gox'd, then Cryptsy ****ed me.... and now Btc-e got me....

OMG. That sucks. This whole thing is a crazy ride. I've got my finger on the deposit USD in Gemini while reading this...

BWillie 07-30-2017 08:40 PM

When are we going to know about the bitcoin fork?

MahiMike 07-31-2017 05:45 PM

Bitcoin up $116 today. I didn't pull the trigger yet. Hoping that the latest run up is due to bitcoin cash. Would like to see it under $2500 myself...

Ming the Merciless 07-31-2017 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 12982813)
OMG. That sucks. This whole thing is a crazy ride. I've got my finger on the deposit USD in Gemini while reading this...

yeah..

I got lazy

I left it in BTC-e
because i had never had any problems with them whatsoever and I wanted to be able to trade...

My advice to anyone now is put it all in your own wallet until youre actually going to trade. Make the trade, then put it back in the wallet. Its a hassle but take it from me a 3 time loser to laziness (gox, crypsy and now btc-e) it is the only way to do it.

BossChief 08-01-2017 12:36 AM

Ethereum making a little run today.

Gone from 190 to 224 and steady climbing

Weapon X 08-01-2017 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 12985434)
Ethereum making a little run today.

Gone from 190 to 224 and steady climbing

The whole markets are/will continue to recover now.

Everyone sold alts to get into BTC for their free bitcoin cash. Now that's over (fork/airdrop occurred 50 mins ago), they're rediversifying and we're seeing the money that headed to the sidelines come back in as well.

Good times ahead :)

BossChief 08-06-2017 12:41 PM

https://cointelegraph.com/news/ether...f-this-happens

BossChief 08-06-2017 12:42 PM

Ethereum 263
Bitcoin 3251

BWillie 08-06-2017 12:58 PM

You guys ready for the bitcoin heater?

scho63 08-06-2017 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 12977972)

1st time-shame on them

2nd time-shame on you

3rd time-are you just a ****ing glutton for punishment? :eek:

I have a new digital currently you can invest in: eSchoRetire

Just $50,000 gets you 2,000,000 eScho digital coins. I won't **** you I promise......:D

I guess I'm out of the will now! :cuss:

BossChief 08-06-2017 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 12994675)
You guys ready for the bitcoin heater?

?

Demonpenz 08-06-2017 06:44 PM

HEATER IS A GAMBLING TERM

lewdog 08-06-2017 07:02 PM

It's an interesting ride, that's for sure. But some of the speculation and guessing in this thread reminds me of an old investing saying.

Bears make money. Bulls make money. Pigs get slaughtered.

Ming the Merciless 08-06-2017 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 12995154)
1st time-shame on them

2nd time-shame on you

3rd time-are you just a ****ing glutton for punishment? :eek:

I have a new digital currently you can invest in: eSchoRetire

Just $50,000 gets you 2,000,000 eScho digital coins. I won't **** you I promise......:D

I guess I'm out of the will now! :cuss:

hahhaha

for sure man

i really dont know what to do, i like crypto but if you cannot keep it on an exchange for a week or two here and there....or while you are actively trading.....then i am kind of at a loss as to what is the point...

I do think its OK to buy and hold, in a wallet... but I am super shy about trading now..

I thought btc-e was OK...because i kept coins there for like 5 years with zero problems.... but yah... shame on me for sure.

and you are still in my will !!!

Jewish Rabbi 08-06-2017 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 12995498)
hahhaha

for sure man

i really dont know what to do, i like crypto but if you cannot keep it on an exchange for a week or two here and there....or while you are actively trading.....then i am kind of at a loss as to what is the point...

I do think its OK to buy and hold, in a wallet... but I am super shy about trading now..

I thought btc-e was OK...because i kept coins there for like 5 years with zero problems.... but yah... shame on me for sure.

and you are still in my will !!!

Were you keeping it on an exchange for a week or two or were you leaving it there for 5 years?

Ming the Merciless 08-06-2017 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 12995554)
Were you keeping it on an exchange for a week or two or were you leaving it there for 5 years?

a week or two at a time maybe a month....over the course of 5 years...literally hundreds of transactions

i have heard that it is possible BTC-e will be going back up..and people who had coins there will get them back...

if that is the case, i will use them again...

I mean for me this was just a curiosity , i dont even know if it was 1/10th of a percent of my investments

BWillie 08-06-2017 08:52 PM

So what do I gotta do to get my "bitcoin cash" from the hard fork. I've been too lazy to read to find out.

Jewish Rabbi 08-06-2017 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 12995591)
a week or two at a time maybe a month....over the course of 5 years...literally hundreds of transactions

i have heard that it is possible BTC-e will be going back up..and people who had coins there will get them back...

if that is the case, i will use them again...

I mean for me this was just a curiosity , i dont even know if it was 1/10th of a percent of my investments

Gotcha. Just curious how long it was in there for. I know it can be just 5 minutes before a hack and it's gone.

Jewish Rabbi 08-06-2017 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 12995592)
So what do I gotta do to get my "bitcoin cash" from the hard fork. I've been too lazy to read to find out.

I know you use this for poker etc, but you seem to ask way too many simple questions to be dabbling in crypto.

Ming the Merciless 08-06-2017 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 12995630)
Gotcha. Just curious how long it was in there for. I know it can be just 5 minutes before a hack and it's gone.

yeah , i posted in this thread literally the day i moved some LTC to btc-e and swapped for ETH

i left it in there, I think it was like a week...

and then a few days later the news about btc-e came out and I think I made a post again in this thread...ugggh LOL!!

I have had some super crazy financial experiences and all I can say is I feel really bad for people who had serious coin in BTC-e and I don't blame people for blaming the FBI...it looks fishy as hell...

I keep reading that BTC-e was making a million a day+ on trades, and has every incentive to give veryone their money back ASAP...so when the dust settles I suppose theres a chance that it goes back up as an exchange....but I guess we will know in maybe a week?

BWillie 08-06-2017 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 12995633)
I know you use this for poker etc, but you seem to ask way too many simple questions to be dabbling in crypto.

Have to learn somewhere? That's why we ask questions, to learn. Poker actually forced me to use bitcoin 1.5 years ago. Didnt really dabble by choice at first, but Its been fantastic