ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life My Struggles - Alcohol - and my plan. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=324566)

Naptown Chief 12-26-2019 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 14678134)
I'm going to counter that with an awesome upvote!

This is very sweet! Upvote!

Naptown Chief 12-26-2019 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 14678135)
That's great man. It's probably been a long journey for you with your back (iirc) and the meds that you pretty much absolutely had to take because of the injury.

I hope you continue in your recovery.

Thank you man. Things are slowly getting better. I had a procedure done on the 17th called medial branch blocks at L3-S1 to determine if I'd be a good candidate for RFAs (nerve burnings). My pain was more than halved (EVEN THE NERVE PAIN!!!) and I'm incredibly optimistic. The one thing that does bother me, though I'm trying not to get too worked up over it, is that the insurance neurosurgeon recommended this very procedure 1.5 years ago but mine suggested doing the fusion first. I had my left SI joint fused (they fuse your pelvis to your spine) and it absolutely helped, but in hindsight I'd rather have done the RFAs THEN the fusion. I likely need the right side done too.

Anyway, better late than never. Sorry to thread jack, though, Mr Red

kc rush 12-26-2019 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58-4ever (Post 14678096)
I don't want to talk about it publicly, but I am starting something tomorrow that will require a lot of positive energy... Hope you all continue down your intended paths.

Good luck to you

DanT 12-26-2019 06:45 PM

There is very wide variation in how much Americans age 18 years and over drink per week. 30% of the country doesn't drink at all. The top 10% of drinkers average about 74 drinks per week. Those in the next decile average 15 drinks per week, and those in the 3rd decile from the top average 6 drinks per week.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...u/?arc404=true

KCrockaholic 12-26-2019 07:03 PM

One of my major goals of 2020 is to really limit my drinking and get myself back to how I should be. It won’t be easy, but I’m planning to start doing Uber, not because I need to but because it’ll distract me from going out to bars and spending money. Instead I can drink a Red Bull and drive around some drunken strangers in the evenings. I’m honestly excited about the idea of it. It should help me a lot just doing something different and getting myself out of this toxic rhythm I’ve been in. Also being an introvert it’ll help expose me into speaking to new people.

BigRedChief 12-26-2019 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naptown Chief (Post 14678143)
Thank you man. Things are slowly getting better. I had a procedure done on the 17th called medial branch blocks at L3-S1 to determine if I'd be a good candidate for RFAs (nerve burnings). My pain was more than halved (EVEN THE NERVE PAIN!!!) and I'm incredibly optimistic. The one thing that does bother me, though I'm trying not to get too worked up over it, is that the insurance neurosurgeon recommended this very procedure 1.5 years ago but mine suggested doing the fusion first. I had my left SI joint fused (they fuse your pelvis to your spine) and it absolutely helped, but in hindsight I'd rather have done the RFAs THEN the fusion. I likely need the right side done too.

Fantastic. Keep it up!

TLO 12-26-2019 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naptown Chief (Post 14678130)
80mg hydrocodone (2x 10mg 4x daily) and off/on 8mg Dilaudid 2-3x day after surgeries or on the REALLY bad days. I started tapering in late July or early August.

Hoo boy. Never used that much. The times I went through withdrawl, the worst of the symptoms lasted about 7 days. Every day got a little bit better though. If you've made it this far, you're through the worst of it. Stay strong!

GloryDayz 12-27-2019 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 14677726)
11/22/19

Last day I’ve drank.

Lost 6 lbs and feel so much better

Awesome. Awesome...

GloryDayz 12-27-2019 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58-4ever (Post 14678096)
I don't want to talk about it publicly, but I am starting something tomorrow that will require a lot of positive energy... Hope you all continue down your intended paths.

Rock on dude. We're here if you need us.

scho63 12-27-2019 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naptown Chief (Post 14677928)
I took my final pain pill 12/13 and went the next day to drop off the rest of them at the local police station (there's a drop box specifically for narcotics).

****, man, opioid withdrawal sucks.. I'm no longer nauseous or having diarrhea, but at what point does the muscle/joint pain cease? When I've googled opioid withdrawal it says 5-7 days. I'm on day 13 and it hasn't relented at all

Good luck to you man. It will get easier :clap:

ChiTown 12-27-2019 07:51 AM

I’ve never been addicted to drugs or alcohol, but I’ve had Family members who are and have been. My thoughts and prayers are with those of you fighting that fight. I wish you all the best!

GloryDayz 12-27-2019 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 14678485)
I’ve never been addicted to drugs or alcohol, but I’ve had Family members who are and have been. My thoughts and prayers are with those of you fighting that fight. I wish you all the best!

ALL of this..

Nzoner 12-27-2019 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naptown Chief (Post 14677928)
I took my final pain pill 12/13 and went the next day to drop off the rest of them at the local police station (there's a drop box specifically for narcotics).

****, man, opioid withdrawal sucks.. I'm no longer nauseous or having diarrhea, but at what point does the muscle/joint pain cease? When I've googled opioid withdrawal it says 5-7 days. I'm on day 13 and it hasn't relented at all

Prayers for you man,I can't even imagine.I will share a verse though that has given me the strength to overcome alcohol.

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Chiefnj2 12-27-2019 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naptown Chief (Post 14678143)

RFA will be painful right after the procedure, but you should get relief for about 1 1/2 years.

Otter 12-28-2019 02:47 AM

I want every man dealing with struggles in any capacity in life to deal with audio book:

https://www.amazon.com/Cant-Hurt-Me-.../dp/B07H453KGH

I'll butt it for ya brother!

4am and up!

Bob Dole 12-28-2019 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanT (Post 14678152)
There is very wide variation in how much Americans age 18 years and over drink per week. 30% of the country doesn't drink at all. The top 10% of drinkers average about 74 drinks per week. Those in the next decile average 15 drinks per week, and those in the 3rd decile from the top average 6 drinks per week.

I'm finally in the top 10% of something!

scho63 12-28-2019 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanT (Post 14678152)

HOLY SHIT! THE TOP 10% CAN POUND DOWN THE ALCOHOL!

THAT'S LIKE 9-10 DRINKS EVERYDAY!!! :spock::spock:

Mennonite 12-28-2019 07:21 AM

When are we gonna have an intervention for Dayze about his airplane glue problem?

Let's pull the plug on addiction this year, buddy!

https://i.imgur.com/N2uDHxf.jpg

scho63 12-28-2019 08:39 AM

On a little bit of a funny sidenote, has ANYONE ever been to their general family doctor in the last 20 years and when they are asked how many drinks they have per week, the doctor says, "OK that's fine."

NOPE! Every doctor says the same line, "You should cut back on your drinking."

Doesn't matter if it's 1 every 3 days or 5 a day per week, it's always the same answer. ROFL

Buehler445 12-28-2019 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 14679580)
On a little bit of a funny sidenote, has ANYONE ever been to their general family doctor in the last 20 years and when they are asked how many drinks they have per week, the doctor says, "OK that's fine."

Doesn't matter if it's 1 every 3 days or 5 a day per week, it's always the same answer. ROFL

I virtually never drink so my doctor is cool with it.

DaNewGuy 12-28-2019 02:10 PM

So been I think a month and half ... small slipup during the chiefs ass whipping on oakland but just been very very bored.. other than that feel good ... dont feel the need to drink at every party or small gathering i end up at and dont feel the urge when I'm alone... props to all of you with whatever you're fighting .. this thread has been very nice to check on and give me some hope ... much love yall

Titty Meat 01-09-2020 01:14 AM

SR is kicking ass! I've gone 8 days without drinking that's the longest for me since November. Cant sleep for shit but my conditioning at the gym has improved greatly! I already feel like I've lost weight but havent checked yet.

Goodluck to everyone keep doin your thing!

Hog's Gone Fishin 01-09-2020 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14706407)
SR is kicking ass! I've gone 8 days without drinking that's the longest for me since November. Cant sleep for shit but my conditioning at the gym has improved greatly! I already feel like I've lost weight but havent checked yet.

Goodluck to everyone keep doin your thing!

Really! Your conditioning has improved greatly! In one week! :rolleyes:

OK

jdubya 01-09-2020 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 14679580)

In most cases folks have a blood draw preceding their doctors appointment to check cholesterol, etc. If the doctor is asking you how much you drink it is likely because your liver enzymes are elevated and telling him "1 drink a month" doesn`t fool him lol.

BIG_DADDY 01-09-2020 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 14679514)
I want every man dealing with struggles in any capacity in life to deal with audio book:

https://www.amazon.com/Cant-Hurt-Me-.../dp/B07H453KGH

I'll butt it for ya brother!

4am and up!

I listen to a lot of audio books. I will put that in my library. Thanks

I cleanse every year at the first of the year. The timing can't be better for not getting sick. This year I am doing the veggies, meat, nuts and seeds only. Very limited fruit. No alcohol, coffee or grains. The last two days I woke up feeling awesome. I always do 30 days or more. I think this one is going to be a really long one. We shall see. I have really been enjoying the benefits of cold therapy and the Wim Hof breathing as well. Good stuff.

Titty Meat 01-09-2020 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 14706469)

OK

Ask your wife

Pasta Little Brioni 01-09-2020 12:22 PM

Quote:

OK

Jumping jacks are magical

TripleThreat 01-09-2020 01:15 PM

To be honest alcohol is such a huge issue in leading a healthy life. It sucks that it has to be this way.

It leads to cheat meals
Laziness
Mood swings up and down
Want to wake up at 5am and go to the gym? Drinking the night before won’t help.

I too need to stop drinking so much. I want to get to the point where I’m drinking only fridays and Saturday nights, and I’m drinking those nights to enjoy my drinks not to pursue getting drunk. That sometimes I think is the key to being healthy as well when drinking; knowing your limits and enjoying your cocktails or wine. Too often I find myself slamming down a glass of wine good or bad, and slamming back some shots just to keep the buzz going..

If there’s one thing I found/find easy with drinking is to not beat yourself up if you spend a night drinking on the weekdays or even two. Don’t have someone around you either who will point out you having some drinks on a Monday or wensday night, especially if you already have the problem, it just makes u that much more aware of your drinking problem and will cause u to continuously think about it other nights throughout the week. Just keep moving forward and when you do think about drinking, say nah I’ll save that great drink feeling for the weekend, and again, if you do dip into it early, don’t beat yourself up about it! I’ve always found that the key to lessening drinking is to cut out how much thought goes into it.

Most people will tell you that are heavy drinkers constantly think about their next drink time throughout the day, or if they will be drinking that night. It also leads to a path where, ah just one shot, or one drink no big deal, and then that leads to more drinks cause then your thinking well I’ve already had one, I’ll have a few more and just not drink tomorrow. Again it’s not wrong to do this, but the key is to cut out these thoughts running through your head day after day. When we were all kids, we fantasized in some ways about having that alcoholic beverage our parents and other adults were drinking but it was no way a constant thought in our heads, and that is what any heavy drinker should try to get to.

Eureka 01-09-2020 03:29 PM

I'm contemplating not buying the drink package for my cruise in two weeks. I've always bought the pkg's before and had a great time not worrying about the bar tab.

My brother quit drinking about 6 months ago and I don't want to get to wasted in front of him. He says he's been saving his drinking for the cruise lol.

I guess my thoughts on drinking are leaning toward drinking less as I age. Maybe, I'll just take some of everyone's advice and just enjoy the drink and not so much the buzz. Good info in this thread.

TinyEvel 01-09-2020 04:09 PM

Quote:

OK

Dude don't be a dick.

If someone drinks regularly, after 8 days of abstinence you have more energy, your body is processing energy differently, and you sleep better once asleep. Conditioning can even just be seen as having energy and focus. Doesn't mean he went from 25% BMI to 15% BMI in a week. Could just be energy level or how much longer he's able to keep a pace on treadmill or more reps etc. Taking out alcohol can definitely start to show benefits within a week.

Maybe it has improved noticeably rather than greatly, but that depends on one's perspective.

lewdog 01-09-2020 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 14707378)
Dude don't be a dick.

If someone drinks regularly, after 8 days of abstinence you have more energy, your body is processing energy differently, and you sleep better once asleep. Conditioning can even just be seen as having energy and focus. Doesn't mean he went from 25% BMI to 15% BMI in a week. Could just be energy level or how much longer he's able to keep a pace on treadmill or more reps etc. Taking out alcohol can definitely start to show benefits within a week.

Maybe it has improved noticeably rather than greatly, but that depends on one's perspective.

Billay is full of shit but ok.

Titty Meat 01-09-2020 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 14707620)
Billay is full of shit but ok.

Yeah because I would lie about having more stamina which helps with conditioning.

Hammock Parties 01-09-2020 06:34 PM

Get your ass in here Red.

I'm tired of this bitchass shit.

Sassy Squatch 01-09-2020 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14707660)

Whu hapind

T-post Tom 01-09-2020 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14707660)

I will second that motion.

Chiefs4TheWin 01-09-2020 06:52 PM

Hope all is well SR if ya lurk this!

Titty Meat 01-09-2020 07:27 PM

Lew is roid raging again....

eDave 02-07-2020 02:37 PM

Where are you?

kc rush 02-07-2020 02:50 PM

Was hoping for an SR update

Hoping he is OK

Simply Red 08-09-2020 07:52 AM

Hi all,

Just a quick 'check-in' - I'm doing fine and still sober. It DOES get boring, but it does become easier, day-by-day.

I just wanted this to be in the thread rotation today and possibly be on the front page for a bit. Some of my friends who shall remain anonymous - may need to reference this as they're struggling right now.

Bowser 08-09-2020 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 15106236)
Hi all,

Just a quick 'check-in' - I'm doing fine and still sober. It DOES get boring, but it does become easier, day-by-day.

I just wanted this to be in the thread rotation today and possibly be on the front page for a bit. Some of my friends who shall remain anonymous - may need to reference this as they're struggling right now.

Excellent. Stay strong.

KCUnited 08-09-2020 08:02 AM

Quote:

Hi all,

https://i.imgur.com/OyFuFjw.gif?1

GloryDayz 08-09-2020 08:07 AM

Quote:

Hi all,

****ing aye.. Love to hear great news like this.

Buehler445 08-09-2020 08:20 AM

Quote:

Hi all,

Glad you’re doing well big man.

Keep grinding.

BigRedChief 08-09-2020 08:25 AM

Quote:

Hi all,

****ing fantastic! Keep it going my good man. :thumb:

TRR 08-09-2020 08:35 AM

Quote:

Hi all,

Awesome job, brother!

MeaTy The Pimp 08-09-2020 08:36 AM

Helluva Job. Congrats.

Why Not? 08-09-2020 08:42 AM

Right on!

Meatloaf 08-09-2020 09:54 AM

Kado's to you, SR!!!

TwistedChief 08-09-2020 09:57 AM

Quote:

Hi all,

I've always believed in you, buddy. Really proud.

Zebedee DuBois 08-09-2020 09:59 AM

:thumbs up:

Pants 08-09-2020 10:54 AM

One of the most difficult paths a human being can take, SR.

Super proud of you, man.

Bugeater 08-09-2020 11:00 AM

Love you Red! You seem nice!

(no homo)

(well maybe a little)

(okay maybe a lot. don't ****ing judge me)

sully1983 08-09-2020 11:55 AM

Quote:

Hi all,

Good for you man!

Jenson71 08-09-2020 12:10 PM

Kudos! Keep up the great work with eyes on the prize. You're a fine example to me to beat up some of my own demons.

BigBeauford 08-09-2020 12:27 PM

To keep this up during these times takes a lot of courage.

htismaqe 08-09-2020 12:29 PM

Quote:

Hi all,

Just remember to be patient brother. Some days are good, some are bad, and a lot of them are indeed boring. I just started playing in a band again after 20 years because that’s how long it took for me to completely separate playing music from the drinking, smoking, and snorting that was just a normal part of it back in the day. There are still days on occasion where I want to get high and be stupid. But the more patient I am, the less frequent they become.

If you EVER need anything let me know. This is something that is personal for me and I’d like to think all the dumb shit I did actually could be used to help someone else.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-09-2020 12:35 PM

Proud of ya

neech 08-09-2020 01:36 PM

How can you not like SR?

htismaqe 08-09-2020 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neech (Post 15106570)
How can you not like SR?

No heart or not human. One of the two.

lewdog 08-09-2020 01:54 PM

Good job SR.

Have you been continuing to workout? I know when I dropped my alcohol consumption, my body really started to look better.

Hope you're well.

KurtCobain 08-09-2020 02:02 PM

I'm happy for you, SR. You rock.

I'll have one year free and sober in five days.

htismaqe 08-09-2020 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCobain (Post 15106605)
I'm happy for you, SR. You rock.

I'll have one year free and sober in five days.

Congrats man. It’s great to see these stories.

scho63 08-11-2020 01:45 AM

Quote:

Hi all,

Congratulations and keep up the great work! :thumb:

Rasputin 08-11-2020 05:44 AM

36 hours or so

Simply Red 08-15-2020 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rasputin (Post 15108805)
36 hours or so

There ya go! Keep it up!

Hog's Gone Fishin 08-15-2020 11:05 AM

I gotta get back on the wagon, juicing carrots today. Yum,Yum!

Titty Meat 08-15-2020 01:12 PM

Hi

SuperBowl4 08-15-2020 01:14 PM

Bottoms up! :toast: