ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 4 Chiefs on the Chopping Block Next After Marquez Valdes-Scantling Release (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352574)

ThaVirus 03-01-2024 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 17424222)
Oh I didn't get that far I was getting brain damage reading the article.

But no way in hell is anyone giving us a pick and paying Toney $2.5MM next year.

Idk, man. Looks like you agree with the Reid mention.

And he just mentions Toney as being a guy who could be “on the chopping block”, meaning the team may look to get rid of him.

Makes sense to me. Not sure why everyone in here is up in arms about this article.

I also disagree that no one would trade for Toney. Obviously time will tell but why wouldn’t a team like New England, Arizona, maybe Chicago or the Panthers flip a 7 for a guy who could potentially develop into a playmaker? He’s shown the ability in spurts.

-King- 03-01-2024 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17424238)
Idk, man. Looks like you agree with the Reid mention.

And he just mentions Toney as being a guy who could be “on the chopping block”, meaning the team may look to get rid of him.

Makes sense to me. Not sure why everyone in here is up in arms about this article.

I also disagree that no one would trade for Toney. Obviously time will tell but why wouldn’t a team like New England, Arizona, maybe Chicago or the Panthers flip a 7 for a guy who could potentially develop into a playmaker? He’s shown the ability in spurts.

He averages less yards per season than Skyy Moore and has obvious issues with injuries and has had a bad reputation with both teams he's been on as far as team chemistry.

This "potential playmaker" thing is a myth. 25% of his yards came from one game that was a 24 point blowout ffs

ThaVirus 03-01-2024 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 17424481)
He averages less yards per season than Skyy Moore and has obvious issues with injuries and has had a bad reputation with both teams he's been on as far as team chemistry.

This "potential playmaker" thing is a myth. 25% of his yards came from one game that was a 24 point blowout ffs

I never said he was great or has yet to put it all together, but he can be electric with the ball in his hands. If you disagree with that then idk what we have to talk about.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03-01-2024 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 17424219)
You think his play is worth a $14MM cap hit next year? I don't.

I do to be honest…. He brings the wood and is the leader of the DB room. With Sneed most likely gone, you have to keep Reid

ChiefaRoo 03-01-2024 05:45 PM

He brings the wood and is smart.

Titty Meat 03-01-2024 10:54 PM

Whatever happens we still have Cook who really was playing well til he got injured and I thought Connor was pretty brilliant when he played. Then you have McDuffie who I will argue is the best CB in the league and Williams is a serviceable starter. Pretty comfortable playing Watson too. Even if we for whatever reason we're to dump Reid & trade Sneed that's still a pretty damn good secondary