ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports The Official 2022 FIFA World Cup Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=345988)

New World Order 11-10-2022 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother (Post 16592977)
I believe....I believe we will...I believe we will get our shit pushed in!

LMAO

POND_OF_RED 11-10-2022 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 16594132)
Force Tyreek Hill, Kodarius Toney and Mecole Hardman to play soccer.

Win 2024 World Cup easily.

Really all the US would need is Kevin Durant in goal and someone to score a couple goals in group play. I don’t think anyone would ever score a goal on Durant with his size and athleticism.

penguinz 11-10-2022 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 16592943)
Unless they grew up in America (if not born here) they should not be eligible.

That is basically the same thing as saying the Chiefs should not have any players that were not born in or have grown up in Kansas City.

POND_OF_RED 11-10-2022 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razaele (Post 16592960)
Pulisic wanted out of Chelsea because he wasn't getting enough minutes

Sargent's team was relegated, although you could say there's still some good competition in the Championship.

Really, who is getting significant minutes in a top league?

Adams and Aaronson, Robinson, McKinnie. That's it AFAIK...

Joe Scally starts pretty much every game in the bundesliga.

BWillie 11-10-2022 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 16594200)
That is basically the same thing as saying the Chiefs should not have any players that were not born in or have grown up in Kansas City.

No, its not. It's not even remotely the same. Chiefs are a pro team. United States soccer is a national team.

KCUnited 11-10-2022 08:28 PM

Bring in Kareem Hunt

Demonpenz 11-10-2022 08:44 PM

this thread went well thanks guys

TripleThreat 11-11-2022 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother (Post 16592977)
I believe....I believe we will...I believe we will get our shit pushed in!

Anything that makes me lol literally always gets a thumbs up from me

TripleThreat 11-11-2022 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razaele (Post 16594180)
I guess I missed Turner since he definitely does not start for Arsenal and has not made a league appearance this year.

Huh? He started the friendly against numberg in the summer and has since recorded multiple clean sheets in his recent starts with arsenal? I don’t follow arsenal but I had seen him playing on some highlights and the information I just provided was from a quick google search

Womble 11-11-2022 12:09 PM

As a match going Chelsea and England supporter from London I am going to be pretty much the oracle of this thread in the coming month. I'll begin by saying that Pulisic looked promising in his first Chelsea season but he's turned out to be a JAG and is not the person you yanks should build your team around going forward.

SuperBowl4 11-11-2022 12:14 PM

:skip:

POND_OF_RED 11-11-2022 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Womble (Post 16595031)
As a match going Chelsea and England supporter from London I am going to be pretty much the oracle of this thread in the coming month. I'll begin by saying that Pulisic looked promising in his first Chelsea season but he's turned out to be a JAG and is not the person you yanks should build your team around going forward.

He’ll still end his career with more international trophies than anyone on England will ever see so he has that going for him.

bdj23 11-11-2022 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Womble (Post 16595031)

England are perpetual choke artists

Womble 11-11-2022 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED (Post 16595105)
He’ll still end his career with more international trophies than anyone on England will ever see so he has that going for him.

Congrats to him then. That's the equivalent of being a Falcon and winning the NFC South once or twice while getting whooped in the playoffs.

POND_OF_RED 11-11-2022 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Womble (Post 16595187)
Congrats to him then. That's the equivalent of being a Falcon and winning the NFC South once or twice while getting whooped in the playoffs.

No…that’s more appropriate for an England comparison. You know the team that has won every single friendly against the US, but has yet to get anything more than a draw when they face off against us in a match that matters.