ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Don't look now, but our defense... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=327376)

Easy 6 12-16-2019 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14659201)
We're going to end the season top ten.

It’s sure as hell looking that way, isn’t it...

Naptown Chief 12-16-2019 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14659201)
We're going to end the season top ten.

Top One**

JakeF 12-16-2019 07:44 PM

https://images2.imagebam.com/1f/e2/6...1328001984.jpg

Naptown Chief 12-16-2019 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naptown Chief (Post 14660680)
Top One**

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 14660907)

Top One***

Bump 12-16-2019 07:47 PM

they really turned it around. It's like that Giants season they won the Superbowl when the defense figured out how to play in the playoffs. Only we have one hell of an offense to go with it.

JakeF 12-16-2019 07:52 PM

You have to take your hat off to Spags. The defense has continued to improve all year. It also adjusts and improves during the games.

Sutton used to take a couple of weeks to adjust to a defensive problem. Now we adjust at halftime if not before.

I'll take it.

InChiefsHeaven 12-18-2019 12:03 PM

I believe this is the type of progress we were desiring here...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Yfvmv-bN-fI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

saphojunkie 12-18-2019 01:28 PM

I was thinking about this yesterday. I don't give a shit where they end up in the final rankings. Top 15 defense for the whole year? Who cares. Those games are played already.

I want to be a top five defense every week. That's the only measure that matters. The average is for consistency, but this defense has next to nothing to do with the one playing the first six weeks.

T-post Tom 12-18-2019 04:56 PM

Number one scoring defense since their bye week. 5-1 on the road. 2-0 vs. Ravens. Beat the Pats. Can play in bad weather. Yeah, we good.

Skyy God 12-18-2019 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 14663702)
I believe this is the type of progress we were desiring here...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Yfvmv-bN-fI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I’m fully erect.

Hog's Gone Fishin 12-18-2019 11:00 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-a-nH7SokJQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ChiefsFanatic 12-19-2019 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 14658941)
Last year Grandpa Bob the stupid senile jackhole NEVER blitzed and everyone including me bitched relentlessly.

Now we are finally getting a lot of pressure on the QB and you are going to complain about TOO many blitzes? :rolleyes:

Let's wait until we blitz and DON'T get pressure or get them off the field to start bitching.

In the meantime, enjoy a resurgent pass rush and a MUCH BETTER defense!

I said I love the blitzing, but I think pointing to the stats over the last month is kinda fools gold.

We played 2 very old, immobile QBs, and a kid making the 3rd start of his rookie season in a snow storm.

I think that if we have to go back to rushing 4 because we don't want Jackson, Watson, Allen getting out of the pocket, our pass rush will disappear. We have proven that when we rush our front 4, that we don't get home, and our secondary gets exposed.

Jones and Clark can win on any given play, but when we don't blitz they get double teamed, or chipped. Jones can win against the double at a high rate compared to the rest of the league, but it's not often enough to make up for this version of Frank Clark (illness and injuries) never winning against a double team.

Watching the all-22, there are plays where you can't even tell Clark is on the field. I know he is injured and has been sick, and I know he has been playing better, but I am not sure that he can count on any consistency from him yet.

If we choose to blitz those mobile QBs, and they get loose, our secondary hasn't exactly been been great at tackling this year. We have given up too many yards after the catch, especially when our safeties try to deliver a hit instead of wrapping up.

I watched my first Chiefs game when I was 6. That was almost 43 years ago, and it's been beaten into my head that one unit, either offense or defense, will singlehandedly ruin our season. I have seen great defenses play with terrible offenses, and I have watched great offenses play with terrible defenses. I even watched an elite special teams unit carry a crap defense and crap offense into the playoffs before Chiefs.

Until Mahomes is lifting the Lombardi trophy, the Chiefs will never get the benefit of the doubt from me again. So 4 weeks of great stats just doesn't do it for me.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Chris Meck 12-19-2019 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 14665079)
I said I love the blitzing, but I think pointing to the stats over the last month is kinda fools gold.

We played 2 very old, immobile QBs, and a kid making the 3rd start of his rookie season in a snow storm.

I think that if we have to go back to rushing 4 because we don't want Jackson, Watson, Allen getting out of the pocket, our pass rush will disappear. We have proven that when we rush our front 4, that we don't get home, and our secondary gets exposed.

Jones and Clark can win on any given play, but when we don't blitz they get double teamed, or chipped. Jones can win against the double at a high rate compared to the rest of the league, but it's not often enough to make up for this version of Frank Clark (illness and injuries) never winning against a double team.

Watching the all-22, there are plays where you can't even tell Clark is on the field. I know he is injured and has been sick, and I know he has been playing better, but I am not sure that he can count on any consistency from him yet.

If we choose to blitz those mobile QBs, and they get loose, our secondary hasn't exactly been been great at tackling this year. We have given up too many yards after the catch, especially when our safeties try to deliver a hit instead of wrapping up.

I watched my first Chiefs game when I was 6. That was almost 43 years ago, and it's been beaten into my head that one unit, either offense or defense, will singlehandedly ruin our season. I have seen great defenses play with terrible offenses, and I have watched great offenses play with terrible defenses. I even watched an elite special teams unit carry a crap defense and crap offense into the playoffs before Chiefs.

Until Mahomes is lifting the Lombardi trophy, the Chiefs will never get the benefit of the doubt from me again. So 4 weeks of great stats just doesn't do it for me.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

You do get that feasting on less than stellar QB's is how defenses get to be ranked high, and that it happens that way every year, right?

I mean the Patriots were the best defense the league had ever seen...until they started playing decent offenses.

That counts for us too.

GloryDayz 12-19-2019 07:57 AM

Let me be the first to say, on paper, this is indeed trending in the right direction. Let's keep up the pressure on Andy and Spags...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...48121e1aa9.jpg

InChiefsHeaven 12-19-2019 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 14664382)
Number one scoring defense since their bye week. 5-1 on the road. 2-0 vs. Ravens. Beat the Pats. Can play in bad weather. Yeah, we good.

Why do we keep saying 2-0 against the Ravens?