ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Forget Peterson and Ramsey (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=325181)

O.city 09-17-2019 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 14454989)
As much as Ramsey is a great player, he's Marcus Peters 2.0.

If the Chiefs had Marcus Peters right now they'd be more likely to beat NE.

Chris Meck 09-17-2019 08:19 AM

Also-
I think y'all are freaking out a little too hard on how great the Patriots are right now. They beat the shittiest Steelers team in decades and walloped a team that is literally purposely tanking.

They're the champs until they're not, and I'm certain they'll be good and I'm sure we're going to have to beat them in the play-offs, but I don't think they're better than we are right now.

Chris Meck 09-17-2019 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14455000)
If the Chiefs had Marcus Peters right now they'd be more likely to beat NE.

I disagree.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09-17-2019 08:22 AM

**** Veach

chiefzilla1501 09-17-2019 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 14454916)
Chadiha is friends with Veach if I remember correctly. Both him and Riddick are tied in.

Chadiha generally likes the Chiefs. He's one of the better ones on espn. Terez is carefully about saying things. If he says we're in or out as opposed to saying he knows nothing, I'd trust it.

I'm OK with the draft haul we gave up for frank Clark. But I'm generally not a fan of giving up first rounders let alone for a rental.

Mecca 09-17-2019 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 14455015)
Chadiha generally likes the Chiefs. He's one of the better ones on espn. Terez is carefully about saying things. If he says we're in or out as opposed to saying he knows nothing, I'd trust it.

I'm OK with the draft haul we gave up for frank Clark. But I'm generally not a fan of giving up first rounders let alone for a rental.

Personally, I think the smartest thing they could do is make the deal. Sign Ramsey long term, tag and trade Jones to recoup value.

I can replace a DT much easier than finding an elite level CB.

oldman 09-17-2019 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14455004)
Also-
I think y'all are freaking out a little too hard on how great the Patriots are right now. They beat the shittiest Steelers team in decades and walloped a team that is literally purposely tanking.

They're the champs until they're not, and I'm certain they'll be good and I'm sure we're going to have to beat them in the play-offs, but I don't think they're better than we are right now.

I agree. It wasn't really the passing game that beat us last year, it was the ability to run the ball down our throats. We, with PMII and our WR corps, can hang with the passing game.

Chris Meck 09-17-2019 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14455024)
Personally, I think the smartest thing they could do is make the deal. Sign Ramsey long term, tag and trade Jones to recoup value.

I could not disagree more.

O.city 09-17-2019 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14455024)

You keep saying this, I don't think it's the case.

You can find an elite DT without a first round pick? Pretty tough, especially a team that hasn't shown it's really able to ID DL in the draft.

Jerm 09-17-2019 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14455033)
You keep saying this, I don't think it's the case.

You can find an elite DT without a first round pick? Pretty tough, especially a team that hasn't shown it's really able to ID DL in the draft.

Chris Jones went in the 2nd lol....

O.city 09-17-2019 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 14455028)
I agree. It wasn't really the passing game that beat us last year, it was the ability to run the ball down our throats. We, with PMII and our WR corps, can hang with the passing game.

It was both. We couldn't stop them doing either really.

O.city 09-17-2019 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 14455035)

Sure.

So did Breeland Speaks, and Kpass, and their most recent 3rd round DL who isn't even active on gameday.....

Chris Meck 09-17-2019 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 14455035)

so lightning struck once, and that means it's easy to do?

Why not just draft QB's in the 6th round since that's where Tom Brady went?

That's dumb.

Mecca 09-17-2019 08:30 AM

Oh and we'd have them both right now and frankly I'd sell my nut for a superbowl.

I'm worried about today but going forward a defense built around Frank Clark with other solid lineman and Ramsey on the back end doesn't seem bad.

Mecca 09-17-2019 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14455042)
so lightning struck once, and that means it's easy to do?

Why not just draft QB's in the 6th round since that's where Tom Brady went?

That's dumb.

There are many more good/productive DTs than there are high level CBs in todays game.

The guy doesn't have to be Chris Jones to be a good player. I'm saying the odds are I can find a good productive DT that does his job than it is I can just pull an elite CB.