ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Take care of yourself guys (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320949)

htismaqe 01-28-2019 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 14078351)
That's horrible advice. If you are 300 lbs, your odds of developing Type II diabetes go through the roof. That alone will significantly decrease your life expectancy, especially if you aren't adherent to your regimen and don't maintain adequate control of your blood glucose, which is but one complication.

This.

Diabetes causes heart disease, increases susceptibility to long-term infections, cancer, and all kinds of other things.

Being overweight absolutely IS a big deal, coming from someone who has struggled with it their whole life.

BigRedChief 01-28-2019 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 14078269)
Pfft...I've smoked 1-1 1/2 packs a day for over 30 years. Still was able to knock out 44 miles of Iowa hills on my bike last summer.

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...03&oe=5CFBB5ED

getting COPD from smoking is not preventable by being physically fit.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-28-2019 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14078370)

Nor is it reversible.

2112 01-28-2019 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 14078361)
I wouldn't sweat it too much. Statins are generally safe and well-tolerated. They increase your risk of diabetes slightly, but the cardiovascular benefits outweigh the glycemic risk for most patients. Biggest thing to worry about is muscle pain. If you start to notice extreme soreness and weakness in your longer muscles (quads, glues), then you may need to go down in dose or switch agents.

Yeah I’m fine with that. No muscle soreness. You left out liver damage lol I get bloodwork on the liver every year just in case. And that’s exactly what he said (the benefits outweigh the side effects in my case)

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-28-2019 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D2112 (Post 14078373)
Yeah I’m fine with that. No muscle soreness. You left out liver damage lol I get bloodwork on the liver every year just in case. And that’s exactly what he said (the benefits outweigh the side effects in my case)

Happens less than 2% of the time. You're about 5-6 times more likely to get the Raiduhs

SAUTO 01-28-2019 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2bikemike (Post 14077771)
Life is so short and we spend most of our time working. We make an effort to enjoy life to the fullest. We travel quite a bit, and if there is something on our bucket lists we try to knock it out. I am not waiting for retirement to do so.

We do watch what we eat but we don't deny ourselves the foods that we really enjoy. We just do it in moderation. My wife's sister and husband are Vegan, (the pushy kind) Both of them are sickly and on medication. My wife and I are very healthy, very rarely get sick and take no medication. I always tell them it would suck to deny ourselves good food and die from something completely unrelated to diet.

Mr jenk? Vegan

2bikemike 01-28-2019 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 14078379)
Mr jenk? Vegan

No absolutely not. He's a burger, Hot Dog, and BBQ kinda guy. I am talking about my wife's sister and husband.

lewdog 01-28-2019 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14078370)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 14078372)
Nor is it reversible.

Absolute worst way I see people die?

Advanced COPD. That would be the last thing I would want. Living with the anxiety of feeling like you can't breath and that finally being a reality is torture.

QUIT SMOKING.

KChiefs1 01-28-2019 08:01 PM

It’s all about genetics.

BWillie 01-28-2019 08:09 PM

Also - don't use roundup. Killed my dad at 58 last year. non-hodgkin's lymphoma. Basically everyone at the cancer center that had non-hodgkin's lymphoma were either farmers or people that worked in agriculture. My dad wasn't a farmer but he was a tree & shrub salesmen for a large company for years & did landscaping with it before when he was younger. Was also exposed to it all the time in his visits to greenhouses and working on his personal tree farm that he had.

Should probably figure out a way to sue those evil Monsanto ****ers.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-28-2019 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 14078432)
Also - don't use roundup. Killed my dad at 58 last year. non-hodgkin's lymphoma. Basically everyone at the cancer center that had non-hodgkin's lymphoma were either farmers or people that worked in agriculture. My dad wasn't a farmer but he was a tree & shrub salesmen for a large company for years & did landscaping with it before when he was younger. Was also exposed to it all the time in his visits to greenhouses and working on his personal tree farm that he had.

They tried. They tried for a long time.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...-idUSKCN1NK34M

stevieray 01-28-2019 08:23 PM

I have three friends from HS who all had heartattacks just this last year

I need to get a physical, pronto.

I have never had one.

2112 01-28-2019 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 14078432)

I was doing foreign invasive spraying for the ny parks department a couple of years ago all over the 5 boroughs. Used accord xrt II (round up lol) for mugwort and Garlon 4 ultra for Japanese knotweed. In ny you have to fill out a spread sheet for the dep online every January with quantities, chemicals and locations. Somebody made a map of New York with a red skull and crossbones over every area where round up was applied. It was fire engine red and engulfed in skulls
and crossbones.

Roundup is bad, but I’ve sprayed and taken a bath with gramoxone when I was in my 20’s, which is way more nasty shit than roundup. Same with that garlon 4 shit for vines. Luckily I haven’t actually sprayed that shit since the mid 90’s. When I was in ny I just observed and watched them mix and spray, while being paid ny prevailing wage.

Bob Dole 01-28-2019 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D2112 (Post 14078373)

Just had my doctor visit this morning. The liver is back in normal range, but I'm dropping weight and they're putting me on BP meds. WTF? Getting old sucks.

carcosa 01-28-2019 08:38 PM

I have had 23 friends, all relatively young and in good health, die due to being murdered by pitbulls. Tragedy can strike any time