ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs **** you Eric Berry (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320861)

Chargem 01-24-2019 03:50 PM

I dunno, it's not like Berry played well against the Patriots but most of the secondary is ass, I don't get why people are so bent out of shape about Berry sucking in a game when he barely played all year. I have no doubt he put in a better performance than Parker would have. Berry had 5 tackles including 1 stop and I'm willing to bet Parker would have whiffed on 3 of those 5.

People said that was Sorenson's "best game of the year" and he still gave up 75 yards in coverage on 8 targets and played like garbage with the exception of that good tackle on 4th and 1. His reception was pretty lucky, it's not like it was a result of great coverage. And we paid like $5m for that garbage this year.

Lucas looks like he could be a decent rotational guy but was really a non factor in limited snaps.

Ford got paid $9m this year to disappear like a god damn submarine in the biggest game of the year.

I'd be considering cutting Berry if it wasn't for the injury thing as you gotta consider all options, but I have way more hope of Berry having an 1st quartile season next year than I am of Sorenson or Lucas or Murray being in the top 25% of safeties.

Otter 01-24-2019 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chargem (Post 14069969)
I don't get why people are so bent out of shape about Berry sucking in a game when he barely played all year.

Think about this sentence and then ask yourself why he decided not to go on IR then take a starting spot during the AFCCG.

Chargem 01-24-2019 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 14069975)
Think about this sentence and then ask yourself why he decided not to go on IR then take a starting spot during the AFCCG.

Read the next sentence about Parker, or all the other sentences about how our whole safety group is basically a dumpster fire and EB was actually the best performing safety that game despite being rusty?

RJ 01-24-2019 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14068697)
If Dee Ford lines up 5 inches back, we're talking about how great the defense played despite having no sacks. Funny how that one play was the difference between only allowing 24 for the game and 37.

I have to wonder though if Brady saw the flag and knew it was off sides. He may have never thrown the pick without the flag. Not that it matters.

Otter 01-24-2019 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chargem (Post 14070007)
Read the next sentence about Parker, or all the other sentences about how our whole safety group is basically a dumpster fire and EB was actually the best performing safety that game despite being rusty?

Wow, we must have watched different games. But good for Berry sitting on the sidelines looking like a hobo for 2 years then jump in during the AFCCG.

He's a true team player.

FAX 01-24-2019 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ (Post 14070014)
I have to wonder though if Brady saw the flag and knew it was off sides. He may have never thrown the pick without the flag. Not that it matters.

Doesn't look like it, Mr. RJ. After the pick, he seemed sincerely upset.

As for the Hoboy Saga, it's tough. Active roster slots and playing time are rarities in the NFL. So is cap money.

This was/is a very strange and difficult situation we've found ourselves in.

FAX

Direckshun 01-24-2019 04:18 PM

I'd just like to remind that the same Eric Berry who almost certainly sidelined himself for the past couple months just played 97 snaps in a game in the middle of winter.

We got screwed.

Flying High D 01-24-2019 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 14070024)
I'd just like to remind that the same Eric Berry who almost certainly sidelined himself for the past couple months just played 97 snaps in a game in the middle of winter.

We got screwed.

He played us like a harp from hell.

PAChiefsGuy 01-24-2019 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 14070024)

We got screwed.

You dont know that. You have no idea how much pain he is in or how hard he has been working to get back out there. Chiefs players and coaches have much more insight into that and they have stuck by him 100%.

But keep bitching about him if it makes you feel better.

suzzer99 01-24-2019 04:43 PM

Is there some news that spawned this meltdown?

38yrsfan 01-24-2019 05:27 PM

My employer, like most working Americans, isn't so generous - results are expected.

Welcome to the 'real' world of America.

threebag 01-24-2019 09:03 PM

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos...re-id138402862

WWGD?

Deberg_1990 01-24-2019 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14068704)
No **** the security entry procedures at the gates.

No, **** Earl Thomas for getting injured...

Great Expectations 01-24-2019 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 14069152)
I think there will be a LOT of changes on defense. And it will all be for the better. A chimp flinging shit could probably direct a better defensive than Bob Sutton.

Well we are about to find out if this is true.......

Frazod 01-24-2019 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ (Post 14070014)

Nah. The pass was high, but catchable. Just a lucky (or I guess what would have been a lucky) bounce turned it into a (what should have been :banghead: ) interception.

**** you, Ford. Seriously, I hope that piece of ****ing shit ends up in Buffalo.