ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Dee Ford wants to be back guys!! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320763)

O.city 01-21-2019 05:22 PM

I think if you’re going to keep them both you need to get to a different style d where you don’t ask ford to play much off the los

dirk digler 01-21-2019 05:22 PM

So the cost to franchise Ford is $16 million. Yeah **** that.

Marcellus 01-21-2019 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14061801)
I think if you’re going to keep them both you need to get to a different style d where you don’t ask ford to play much off the los

Many pass rushing OLB have been below average against the run, see Derick Thomas for example.

Having a DL who is only good at pass rush is a much bigger liability in my opinion and I think Jones is goin to get PAID by a team who want his pass rush ability. The combo of him and Ford may be bad but separate it may not be as much an issue.

O.city 01-21-2019 05:30 PM

Jones is a lot like Aaron Donald

It’s just hard to have a dl be great vs the run and the pass.

I don’t know what to do

Warrior5 01-21-2019 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 14061802)

Exactly. Piss on that.

smithandrew051 01-21-2019 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 14061802)

You can get a couple pretty good players for that. Peace out, Dee!

We have so many holes on D, that we need to upgrade multiple positions. Overpaying one-dimension players who no-show in the biggest game of the year is not the answer.

I was in the Franchise Ford camp all year until last night. I hope we’ve seen the last of him.

Marcellus 01-21-2019 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 14061881)

We have so many holes on D, that we need to upgrade multiple positions. Overpaying one-dimension players who no-show in the biggest game of the year is not the answer.

I was in the Franchise Ford camp all year until last night. I hope we’ve seen the last of him.

Fords ONLY real knock is health, you seem to fail to remember he won a few games for us this season and kept us in several others we won. 8 forced fumbles to go with the sacks?

Are you shitting me you want to throw that to the curb?

Jones is more expendable IMO.

-King- 01-21-2019 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14061372)
In reality we have no cornerstones, so we shouldn't be paying any of them like they are.

Chris Jones and Kendall Fuller are good players but they are complimentary guys. No one on this defense is a stud that makes it go.

Wtf in what way is Chris Jones a complementary player?

-King- 01-21-2019 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 14061881)

Because of 1 play?

Marcellus 01-21-2019 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14061893)
Wtf in what way is Chris Jones a complementary player?

He doesn't play the run, like at all. For all the shit Ford gets he makes way more running plays than Jones does.

Mecca 01-21-2019 06:02 PM

A DT that doesn't play the run is basically an invitation to be run on and have your MLBs get guards on them...wonder why we give up running yards? There you go...in a 3-4 you can't have a guy do that it opens huge lanes. 4-3 it's a bit more acceptable cause you can put a run stuffer next to him.

-King- 01-21-2019 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14061907)
He doesn't play the run, like at all. For all the shit Ford gets he makes way more running plays than Jones does.

Put someone who can play the run next to him and problem solved. It's like saying Aaron Donald is a complementary player too because he doesn't play the run either.

-King- 01-21-2019 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14061925)
A DT that doesn't play the run is basically an invitation to be run on and have your MLBs get guards on them...wonder why we give up running yards? There you go...in a 3-4 you can't have a guy do that it opens huge lanes. 4-3 it's a bit more acceptable cause you can put a run stuffer next to him.

Is Aaron Donald a complementary player?

bricks 01-21-2019 06:03 PM

**** Dee Ford. Piece of shit cost us a superbowl appearance.

Mecca 01-21-2019 06:04 PM

Aaron Donald is in a different scheme with Suh next to him....in this scheme Chris Jones is a huge reason the run D sucks.