ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs What an INCREDIBLE season!!! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320681)

Why Not? 01-22-2019 07:39 AM

I’m not gonna quote any one post because there are many posts throughout multiple threads that caution about Marino. It’s not an accurate comparison. If(once?)Pat gets to a SB in the next year or two and if he loses it, then you can make those comparisons if you must. Right now, it’s about taking the next step and making the SB. I mentioned this on another thread but how many truly great NFL QB’s have never made it to a SB? Not many. They’ll be back.

Nzoner 01-22-2019 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crayzkirk (Post 14062930)
Yeah! Participation trophies all around. Woohoo!

Sorry, I'm tired of the excuses.

Regular season success = worse draft picks. People see silver linings and I see grey clouds.

No need to apologize,you're spot on.This team has been yanking some of our chains since the early 90's.If it's not a QB we need a defense if it's not a defense we need a new coach yada yada yada.

I realize Mahomes is the real deal but it doesn't mean the team is guaranteed anything i.e. Marino! I've been thinking wait until next season for a quarter of a century now and I'm not getting any younger!

ClevelandBronco 01-22-2019 07:46 AM

Glad to see there’s at least one thread for the emotionally healthy people. The Chiefs kicked ass, amazed most everyone and served notice for the future. You guys should rightly be enjoying yourselves.

Nzoner 01-22-2019 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 14062953)
I’m not gonna quote any one post because there are many posts throughout multiple threads that caution about Marino. It’s not an accurate comparison. If(once?)Pat gets to a SB in the next year or two and if he loses it, then you can make those comparisons if you must. Right now, it’s about taking the next step and making the SB. I mentioned this on another thread but how many truly great NFL QB’s have never made it to a SB? Not many. They’ll be back.

I just referenced him above again but only as being the real deal which I believe Mahomes is so IMO that is an accurate comparison.

Hydrae 01-22-2019 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 14062968)
No need to apologize,you're spot on.This team has been yanking some of our chains since the early 90's.If it's not a QB we need a defense if it's not a defense we need a new coach yada yada yada.

I realize Mahomes is the real deal but it doesn't mean the team is guaranteed anything i.e. Marino! I've been thinking wait until next season for a quarter of a century now and I'm not getting any younger!

But this time I feel actual hope when saying "next year". In the past it has been wishful thinking, even at the time of saying that. This time there are real reasons for that hope and every reason to believe that the future will be even better than this awesome season has been.

It is a great time to be a Chiefs fan and I plan to enjoy the hell out of it!

Rausch 01-22-2019 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydrae (Post 14063083)
But this time I feel actual hope when saying "next year". In the past it has been wishful thinking, even at the time of saying that. This time there are real reasons for that hope and every reason to believe that the future will be even better than this awesome season has been.

Allllllllllllllll this...:)

htismaqe 01-22-2019 09:27 AM

Quote:

:clap::clap::clap:

loochy 01-22-2019 09:29 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 14063210)
Allllllllllllllll this...:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14063213)
:clap::clap::clap:

GROUP HUG TIME!