ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Science How was your 2018? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319997)

lewdog 12-31-2018 07:51 PM

2018 Kicked major ****ing ass.

Healthy baby boy was born in January of 2018. Living on 90 minute sleep increments (4 hours a night) for the first 4 months (**** you Colic) was insane. Especially while I was unexpectedly promoted into a management position around the same time, also during a company transition. I will never talk about being tired again.

Learned more about investing in 2018 and made some decent money.

Dropped weight to about the leanest I've ever been this summer. Sadly, was too tired to get laid much from my current wife (see having baby who hated sleeping).

Drank better and more bourbon than the previous year.

Managed to get asshat Dane to finally leave this place. Got into an argument with him about the Royals during the summer, exchanged some PMs and finally got him to admit it would be good for him to leave. Good Riddance.

Ended the year by finally getting a salaried management position which included a decent bump in pay. Now if I could just get the wife to get a ****ing job!

Bwana 12-31-2018 07:58 PM

I put it like this, 2018 can't be gone fast enough and it can kiss my ass on the way out. Looking forward to 2019.

Bugeater 12-31-2018 09:13 PM

I'm looking forward to convincing Dane to return in 2019.

ROYC75 12-31-2018 09:15 PM

Terrible!

Wife dies after 34+ yrs.
Sister died after Thanksgivings.
BIL ( close ) died just before Christmas
I spent 2 months in a hospital and nursing home center ...... TWICE over and infection on my knees. 4 months total and still taking antibiotics until end of Jan 2019 before replacing 1 knee.

It was a crappy year with the exception of Mahomes & the Chiefs!

ROYC75 12-31-2018 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 14000133)
I put it like this, 2018 can't be gone fast enough and it can kiss my ass on the way out. Looking forward to 2019.

This!

rabblerouser 12-31-2018 09:18 PM

Hard to choose between Haglund's and Vance Joseph.

rabblerouser 12-31-2018 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 14000240)
Terrible!

Wife dies after 34+ yrs.
I spent 2 months in a hospital and nursing home center ...... TWICE over and infection on my knees. 4 months total and still taking antibiotics until end of Jan 2019 before replacing 1 knee.

Ok...mine not that bad. Peace on you, brother.

ROYC75 12-31-2018 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13999259)
Sucked pretty bad. Wife was diagnosed with cancer on January 2nd and has had to undergo multiple surgeries plus a year of chemo+biologics, and we had to put our last dog down in July, because she had a tumor on her heart, after we had to put our previous boy down in June 2017. I got a great job offer a little over a week ago, which is fantastic, but I'd be lying if I wasn't scared shitless about the results of my wife's next imaging study in a month, as the last one was equivocal.

Prayers man, prayers!

I lost my wife and sister to cancer and my close BIL to a staph infection from surgery.

FlaChief58 12-31-2018 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 14000240)
Terrible!

Wife dies after 34+ yrs.

Jesus dude, that's terrible. Here's wishing you all the best for 19

Graystoke 12-31-2018 09:28 PM

Peace and goodwill to all CP.
To those who have had a rough 2018 I wish you a much better 2019
To those that had a great 2018 I wish you Continued good fortune in 2019

Buehler445 12-31-2018 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13998189)
This one is going to take some reflection.

Yeah, so compared to those with legitimate real life problems, 2018 was an 11.

2018 was a weird one for me. Wife and daughter are better than I deserve. Had a baby boy in February that is also better than I deserve. I rented a farm that was an outstanding addition to my operation.

That led to a pile of work to get it into shape. The timing was late, so I was kind of under the gun. Then our hired guy quit on the second day of corn planting. Hooray. There were some weather issues that crunched timing on a few operations which sucks ass. I ended up pulling 3 different all-nighters and turning one of those into the night shift during wheat drilling. Guess who's too ****ing old and tired for all nighters? This ****ing guy right here.

Almost all my wheat was destroyed by hail. My millet was complete and utter garbage. I had some hybrid sorghum for seed that had shit germ. ****. Corn ended up pretty good with a few exceptions.

A few other random stressful events, like switching banks, worrying about my grandpa in the resthome, wife's parents getting older, and random other shit stacking on top of the risk of significantly expanding my operation. None of it seemed like it was any big deal at the time, but I got to the end and I was tired. Maybe haggard is the correct answer.
At the end of it, I made money, thank Christ. I got most of the kinks worked out of the new stuff, and definitely identified bottlenecks. Moving forward, the kid we hired later on in the year seems to be working out and hopefully stays, and we (at least I) kind of have an idea of where we need to be if we have to roll without a hired guy this time around.

I thank God every day for my wife and kids, and try to work my work schedule around them as much as possible. They really do alleviate stress as well as anything else.

So all in all, I was pretty lucky this year, and despite what didn't seem like struggle at the time, but ultimately obviously was, I think the year was pretty good.

Iowanian 12-31-2018 11:30 PM

It's all perspective. It's not been an easy year and there have been family health things and work things.....but I'm ending the year in a nice, warm home...drinking alone while my healthy family slumbers. Not super excited about 2019 with a couple of trains coming down my track. If not for some things in previous years I'd rate 2018 worse.

Then, you read what others have dealt with and mine hasn't been so rough.

Best wishes to all who have struggled and I hope you beat 2019 until the candy comes out.

Buehler445 12-31-2018 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 14000387)
It's all perspective. It's not been an easy year and there have been family health things and work things.....but I'm ending the year in a nice, warm home...drinking alone while my healthy family slumbers. Not super excited about 2019 with a couple of trains coming down my track. If not for some things in previous years I'd rate 2018 worse.

Best wishes to all who have struggled and I hope you beat 2019 until the candy comes out.

Eloquent as always.

GloryDayz 12-31-2018 11:45 PM

Quote:

:clap::clap::clap:

Well said.

cdcox 12-31-2018 11:45 PM

Quote:

We'll said. I truthfully experienced the worst day of my 57 years in 2018. Still processing it. But I'm hopeful that good will come from it and overall I know I can't complain. My troubles are small compared to many of you that have shared here. Hoping for a splendid 2019 for all.